Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
168 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-05-2010, 02:31 AM         #61
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pass the Blunt said:

I find it hilarious the lengths people go to protect Jay-Z.

So let me ask you something.
You're gonna honestly say Jay-Z has done for JCole what Wayne has done for Drake? Please say yes and further validate my belief that you're a fukin retard. Cmon now.

Jay-z is selfish. He's always been this way. I aint saying he's GOTTA do s**t for Cole. But lets call a spade a spade. you can't say Jay-Z has pushed Cole other than a feature on BP3. And Cole recognizes this. He has a line where he says he appreciates "the hell of a stepping stone." It's nothing more than that tho.

If Jay were to push Cole like Wayne has pushed Drake, Cole would be bigger than Drake right now. Believe that.

Different times. Much different times. Jay-Z came up back when if you were a dope rapper you made it. Now a days you could be the dopest rapper but without a push from a "trendy" artist, you aint getting no where. Don't believe me, look at who's "poppin" right now mainstream wise.

Man, gtfo
Protect? I didnt make a thread saying Jay-Z promotes his artists, im just playing antagonist here. The rest of yall n*ggas hate dude so much you got blinders on. The drake and J.cole comparisons are different. Weezy hopped on drakes nutsack AFTER he blew you dumb n*gga. i mean that n*gga had a mixtape f**kin hit the charts, and thats why EVERYBODY was trying to sign him, not just young money idiot.

And like dude mentioned earlier, there are plenty of artists who were signed BEFORE drake, why werent they promoted the same way? What happened with currensy? dude had talent out the a**hole why wasnt he promoted by weezy??????
 8 years ago '04        #62
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
J Cole speaks on this and says that its all part of the plan and that he isnt trying to build his career off of immediate success. He also said that Drake has that pressure on him because he needs it to sale but him otherwise he has true fans that he built up not over some overnight forced ish.... I will post the video if I can remember which interview he says it in.

Cole is fine tho he's been on BP3, crushed Wale on his s**t and has made a name for himself with the SOB's show
 8 years ago '04        #63
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11

[video - click to view]

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atVw7UJtA6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atVw7UJtA6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
 05-05-2010, 03:09 AM         #64
kronik414 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Welp, everything I was gonna post has already been said.
 8 years ago '04        #65
young_emay 
space
space
$553 | Props total: 3 3
lil wayne promoted drake cuz 1. drake iz better than him and 2. birdman told him to. 1 thing errybody 4getz iz jay iz hiz own boss 50 iz hiz own boss but waynez a.ss iz owned by birdman
 8 years ago '06        #66
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1461 1461
Bleek
Beans
Freeway
Young Gunz
Young Chris
Nas
 8 years ago '07        #67
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,602 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Left Hook said:
Jay's arrogant, I wish he'd be more generous to J. Cole, the guy deserves some sort of push. Look at Wayne, he's always pushing Drake into the limelight, alongside Birdman. That's why Drake's so popular these days, it's cause he had the hottest team in the rap game right now (very arguable, I mean to the mainstream) backing him up. If J. Cole was on a Jay video with Kanye, people would recognize him more. But knowing Jay, he won't do s**t and will probably let his talent go to waste just like he did Beans, Freeway and the rest of them Roc cats.
i get tired of people saying wayne promoted drake. drake put his name out there all by himself at first with no major deal. drake got radio play all by himself with no major deal. wayne aint help that n*gga do s**t other than have a guest feature on so far gone. i dont even think wayne help him get his deal with universal. baby handled that.
 05-05-2010, 04:07 AM         #68
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Budala said:
Drake did have "best I ever have" but Wayne came out on the stage with him at the BET Awards, co-signed this n*gga every step and made an album featuring the whole YM crew to promote them.

SMH @ people saying "J.Cole is touring with JAY-Z"

SO was Bleek, look at that n*gga now, he stayed touring with him - but as the hype man.
Thats the best promo........ how jay-z gonna do other promo for j cole when he's on tour... WITH HIM?!

Bleek isnt a plat artist but thanks to jay-z he reached gold and got a couple of cds in his belt..........

Roc Nation/Columbia Records Artist J. Cole has recently hit the road for a college tour from March 19, 2010 to April 30, 2010 concluding in New Brunswick, NJ at Rutgers University's annual Rutgersfest.
 8 years ago '04        #69
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1562 1562
 Smiff_Beats said:
Jay placing him on his BP3 album aint promoting? Jay taking dude on his tour aint promoting?

I dunno what is then.
Right He took the n*gga all across the country on a sold out tour and gave him a feature on his multi-platinum Album that his partner bleek wasn't even on WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?!? I wish jay would "not" promote me like that.......

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

MAKAVELI2199 said:
wait .... i'm having flashbacks ........

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

1.The understanding = Platinum (because of the singe jay gave him)

2.Tough Luv = Gold (Dame and biggs project not jay and payed to promote)

Jay also took these cats out on national sold out tours and let them rock you performing in front of 20 thousand people every night HOW MUCH MORE PROMO DO YOU NEED? I dont understand you n*ggas sometimes there comes a time when you have to stand on your own 2......

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 05-05-2010 at 04:12 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #70
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 MiseryCityTexas said:
i get tired of people saying wayne promoted drake. drake put his name out there all by himself at first with no major deal. drake got radio play all by himself with no major deal. wayne aint help that n*gga do s**t other than have a guest feature on so far gone. i dont even think wayne help him get his deal with universal. baby handled that.
In the eyes of the public, when you think of Wayne, you think of Drake. When you think of Drake, you think of Wayne. The names 'Drake' and 'Wayne' are synonymous with each other in the music industry. How do you think that happened? Pretty sure Drake was given features on Birdman's album as well (which had music videos to go alongside them) other than a "guest feature on So Far Gone." The images that spring up to mind when you think of Drake are Lil' Wayne, Young Money, Birdman, and all these other cats who are co-signing Drake. They're big right now, that's fact.

If Jay really wanted to push J. Cole, he'd draw the line and attempt to establish J. Cole's image enough so that when people think of Jay, they'll think of J. Cole as being his protege or the "next big thing" from the Roc camp.

I don't really care either way, I just want to see a talented guy get the shine he deserves. I'm not mad at Jay, because I don't know him, but it would be good to see him put more effort explicitly into J. Cole's s**t. I don't know what happens behind closed doors, but would it be that hard to put the guy on a music video with Kanye or some s**t so people can a.ssociate J Cole's image with the Roc/Kanye/Jay? That's all it takes. I mean, it's up to him what he wants to do with his artists, but it's just at that point in time now when people can actually see a pattern happening. Freeway, Beans, Young Gunz, and the rest of the Roc crew. Sure, laziness and lack of a mainstream appeal on the artists' part probably played a factor in their demise, but Jay could've done more if he REALLY wanted them to be successful.

But hey, it's not really my problem, I don't really care. It's Jay's label and if this is the way he wants to manage it, then so be it. J. Cole's already fortunate enough to be on BP3 and the Roc Nation label, that's true. I guess if he wants to make it big he's gotta earn it. Call me pessimistic, but I don't think he'll ever be the "next big thing", not without the help of Jay, anyway. He's one of the best new rappers out, but I just don't think he'll ever steal the limelight from Drake. Not for now anyway...

Last edited by Left Hook; 05-05-2010 at 04:23 AM..
 05-05-2010, 04:24 AM         #71
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
In the eyes of the public, when you think of Wayne, you think of Drake. When you think of Drake, you think of Wayne. The names 'Drake' and 'Wayne' are synonymous with each other in the music industry. How do you think that happened? Pretty sure Drake was given features on Birdman's album as well (which had music videos to go alongside them) other than a "guest feature on So Far Gone." The images that spring up to mind when you think of Drake are Lil' Wayne, Young Money, Birdman, and all these other cats who are co-signing Drake. They're big right now, that's fact.

If Jay really wanted to push J. Cole, he'd draw the line and attempt to establish J. Cole's image enough so that when people think of Jay, they'll think of J. Cole as being his protege or the "next big thing" from the Roc camp.

I don't really care either way, I just want to see a talented guy get the shine he deserves. I'm not mad at Jay, because I don't know him, but it would be good to see him put more effort explicitly into J. Cole's s**t. I don't know what happens behind closed doors, but would it be that hard to put the guy on a music video with Kanye or some s**t so people can a.ssociate J Cole's image with the Roc/Kanye/Jay? That's all it takes. I mean, it's up to him what he wants to do with his artists, but it's just at that point in time now when people can actually see a pattern happening. Freeway, Beans, Young Gunz, and the rest of the Roc crew. Sure, laziness and lack of a mainstream appeal on the artists' part probably played a factor in their demise, but Jay could've done more if he REALLY wanted them to be successful.

But hey, it's not really my problem, I don't really care. It's Jay's label and if this is the way he wants to manage it, then so be it. J. Cole's already fortunate enough to be on BP3 and the Roc Nation label, that's true. I guess if he wants to make it big he's gotta earn it. Call me pessimistic, but I don't think he'll ever be the "next big thing", not without the help of Jay, anyway. He's one of the best new rappers out, but I just don't think he'll ever steal the limelight from Drake. Not for now anyway...
MTV News.....

After Jay-Z put in road time with Mary J. Blige last summer and Ciara earlier this year, it'll be a strictly boys night out when he takes the stage on October 9 to kick off a 24-date tour of college campuses and arenas. Joining him in the first sustained tour in support of the near-platinum The Blueprint 3 will be N.E.R.D., VMA house band leader Wale and Jigga protégé J. Cole.
you wrote a bunch of useless s**t

Last edited by deLeet; 05-05-2010 at 04:25 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #72
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 deLeet said:
MTV News.....

you wrote a bunch of useless s**t
Doesn't change the fact that many, many people don't know who the hell J. Cole is. How does MTV News labeling J. Cole "Jay-Z's protege" prove anything? They're SUPPOSED to be more well-informed than your average consumer. That's like quoting Forbes magazine that Carlos Slim Helu is the richest man in the world. The whole world still thinks Bill Gates is running s**t; do you expect the whole world to read Forbes as well?

You quoted useless s**t

EDIT: By the way, I'm in no mood to argue over useless s**t on the Internet. I just stated my opinion, and you start getting defensive. That's cool and all, keep doing what you do, but don't drag me into it. I simply gave my two cents; arguing on the Internet was something that I'd do during the weekends in 2004. I think I'll pass this time.

Last edited by Left Hook; 05-05-2010 at 04:55 AM..
 05-05-2010, 05:04 AM         #73
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Doesn't change the fact that many, many people don't know who the hell J. Cole is. How does MTV News labeling J. Cole "Jay-Z's protege" prove anything? They're SUPPOSED to be more well-informed than your average consumer. That's like quoting Forbes magazine that Carlos Slim Helu is the richest man in the world. The whole world still thinks Bill Gates is running s**t; do you expect the whole world to read Forbes as well?

You quoted useless s**t

EDIT: By the way, I'm in no mood to argue over useless s**t on the Internet. I just stated my opinion, and you start getting defensive. That's cool and all, keep doing what you do, but don't drag me into it. I simply gave my two cents; arguing on the Internet was something that I'd do during the weekends in 2004. I think I'll pass this time.
ok but before you go just google J cole with the word protege....... have a nice day!

Last edited by deLeet; 05-05-2010 at 05:10 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #74
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,907 | Props total: 59 59
 LovinPavan said:
Jay-Z isn't very good at anything except marketing himself. his own music is overrated as s**t.
Enough said. J Cole doesnt need that dude.
 8 years ago '06        #75
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3461 3461
maybe cause j cole is a.ss?
 8 years ago '09        #76
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,435 | Props total: 8509 8509
WTF? Jay is not gonna hold ya hand, this is a business.
 8 years ago '04        #77
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,423 | Props total: 6380 6380
he needs to promote his own self
 8 years ago '05        #78
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
This Thread Means:

Jay-Z = G.O.A.T
 8 years ago '04        #79
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,531 | Props total: 275 275
I rather Cole do it on his own because if he ever get drop he can still do it on his own. Jay is the type of n*gga he wants to see if you can swim before he pull you on the boat with him.

I'm definitely in a class of my own
And dinner with Hov
Hoping that he pass the baton
He just pass the Patron
And he aint givin' dog is earned
If you just live in dog you learn
I let you n*ggas see the light
I'm like the prison yard I yearn
For that living large but mama I aint done yet
Sit back and watch your son rise
Kick back and know your son set
Forever I ain't run yet
And never will
Nas told me life's a b**ch
Pac said, "f**k the world and I ain't come yet."
You up yet?
My punchlines like gut checks
I'm raw dog
I'm rough s3x
I'm on deck
I'm up next
I'm God bless
I'm success
So f**k stress
You can get the f**k from around me
And if you listening know you wondering
Where the f**k they found me
Im from the 'Ville boy

Last edited by m_cullins; 05-05-2010 at 09:40 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #80
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3461 3461
 m_cullins said:
I rather Cole do it on his own because if he ever get drop he can still do it on his own. Jay is the type of n*gga he wants to see if you can swim before he pull you on the boat with him.

I'm definitely in a class of my own
And dinner with Hov
Hoping that he pass the baton
He just pass the Patron
And he aint givin' dog is earned
If you just live in dog you learn
I let you n*ggas see the light
I'm like the prison yard I yearn
For that living large but mama I aint done yet
Sit back and watch your son rise
Kick back and know your son set
Forever I ain't run yet
And never will
Nas told me life's a b**ch
Pac said, "f**k the world and I ain't come yet."
You up yet?
My punchlines like gut checks
I'm raw dog
I'm rough s3x
I'm on deck
I'm up next
I'm God bless
I'm success
So f**k stress
You can get the f**k from around me
And if you listening know you wondering
Where the f**k they found me
Im from the 'Ville boy
^

yeah see he's a.ss.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
18 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
42 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy