Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM         #41
Sir Shiesty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 getGwap said:
Jeezy , Rick ross, Rihanna, kanye west, who has any other rapper promoted big beside themself?

Cam- Dipset

LiL wayne-drake

most rappers have a hard time getting anyone they are affiliated with to be big

IF ANYTHING OUT OF UR LIST THE PERSON HE PROMOTED WAS RIHANA. kanye already blew when damn was workin wit him
 8 years ago '04        #42
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2411 2411
Jay already blessed him already, it his not his job to hold J. Cole by the hand nor baby sit.... if yall have not learned this by now based on how Jay works then ah well...........
 8 years ago '06        #43
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
he doesnt have Dame to do that plus the only way Jay know how to promote an artist is put a chain on them and do a song with them possibly for a single people fail to realize just because you can rap doesnt mean you going to make it big Jayz needs to son J.Cole like what Wayne did for Drake.....now Drake big he doesnt need a Wayne feature no more

Last edited by marcusaka50; 05-04-2010 at 01:05 PM..
 05-04-2010, 01:04 PM         #44
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marcusaka50 said:
he doesnt have Dame to do that plus the only way Jay know how to promote an artist is put a chain on them and do a song with them possibly for a single
dame...... vh1 where are they now...................

Dame Dash Music Group is a record label started by Damon Dash and Kareem "Biggs" Burke.[1][2] It was created after Dash and Burke parted way with Roc-a-Fella Records and former business partner Jay-Z to pursue other ventures.

Though Beanie Sigel,[3] Oschino, N.O.R.E., M.O.P., and Grafh were at one time listed as artist on the label's website, they all left to do other business with other labels.
lets be real dame can't promote s**t without a powerful artist in his side, the roc roster sold all thanks to one artist/boss.

Last edited by deLeet; 05-04-2010 at 01:08 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #45
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
 *eckounltd1972* said:
That was a Jay-Z album full of features, just like most of his others
no, TECHNICALLY it was a Jay-z album, but it was actaully a compilation album but they didn't think that it would get enough exposure / sales if it was labeled as a compilation album, so they just added a few solo tracks from Jay and made it a Jay-z album.
 8 years ago '10        #46
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
 ondareal said:
IMO Jay has handled J Cole perfectly.

1. He didnt FORCE him to the limelight. He lettin him build a buzz organically, rather than giving him a band and letting him go right before him on tours and s**t. Cole goes out there early as s**t, and performs off of a laptop. Which is cool. Cole hasnt earned the big buzz yet. Nobody had even heard of Cole before Jay signed him.

2. Cole hasnt made any songs that are potential hits. Whether u like it or not, the n*gga needs to make a big song. "Who Dat" aint it. So Cole hasnt earned his big push yet.

3. A feature on BP3 is huge. And yeah Beans was on a single for vol.3 BUT the Roc was more like a click. Where as Rocnation is more like a label. So getting the feature was big.

Right now, I think Cole has gotten everything he's supposed to get. Now if Cole was to make some song wit crazy potential, and THEN Jay doesnt give him the big marketing, then that'd b messed up. The only reason Drake got the big marketing was cuz he made "best I ever had". He was already famous with a hit, BEFORE he signed to young money.
Co-sign.....I've said it before, the reason Drake is where he is is because he's a potential hit maker for both himself and others. Weezy just didnt co-sign him because he liked his music, he saw that he could make money. The industry loves him because they see that they can make money, add to that he's also politically astute meaning that he gets people to like him. I mean the dude is writing for Alicia Keys. As much as I would prefer to see someone like J.Cole win big, he hasnt shown that hit making ability....yet.
 8 years ago '08        #47
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
Camel its all about himself and his beach chair

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #48
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,991 | Props total: 1349 1349
Joe Budden
J. Cole

plus countless artists that jay tried to keep on the shelf for his own sake.
 8 years ago '07        #49
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 THE TAKEOVER said:
I find it hilarious the lengths people go to hate on jay-z.

Like Jay-Z is n*ggas father and s**t. Who carried jay-z's hand to legendary status?
NOBODY. Jay-Z gave cole a platform, its up to him what to do with it.
I dunno Face that sounds like some Diddy s**t to me . Either way J. Cole is doing what he can by doing shows, etc. As far as that BP3 feature n*gga only raps for 2 sec. . Drake's hook was more memorable on that album than J. Cole's verse. You're right though to an extent. There is only so much a label owner/manager can do for the artist before they have to take it upon themselves and do it.

Last edited by TH35; 05-04-2010 at 08:31 PM..
 8 years ago '10        #50
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,901 | Props total: 13505 13505
if it weren't for hov ya'll would think j cole was a womens shoe store. didn't he just take the n*gga on tour with wale and n.e.r.d? fall back. a jay co sign is huge in hip hop, it immediately grants you access to magazine covers and the hottest producers in the game. don't feel sorry for cole or his set up he's doing just fine
 8 years ago '06        #51
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
Jay-z running a label is like Michael Jordan being a GM
 8 years ago '04        #52
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
Who did Jay ever promote right besides himself?
 05-04-2010, 09:14 PM         #53
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
j cole suck...i wouldnt promote him . jay like drake better anyway
 8 years ago '04        #54
booie4 
space
space
$5,266 | Props total: 1556 1556
 trill jackson said:
if it weren't for hov ya'll would think j cole was a womens shoe store. didn't he just take the n*gga on tour with wale and n.e.r.d? fall back. a jay co sign is huge in hip hop, it immediately grants you access to magazine covers and the hottest producers in the game. don't feel sorry for cole or his set up he's doing just fine
i agree with everything you said though
 05-04-2010, 09:32 PM         #55
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all are really reaching for hate now
 8 years ago '04        #56
Budala 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1298 1298
Drake did have "best I ever have" but Wayne came out on the stage with him at the BET Awards, co-signed this n*gga every step and made an album featuring the whole YM crew to promote them.

SMH @ people saying "J.Cole is touring with JAY-Z"

SO was Bleek, look at that n*gga now, he stayed touring with him - but as the hype man.
 8 years ago '05        #57
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
 Budala said:
Drake did have "best I ever have" but Wayne came out on the stage with him at the BET Awards, co-signed this n*gga every step and made an album featuring the whole YM crew to promote them.

SMH @ people saying "J.Cole is touring with JAY-Z"

SO was Bleek, look at that n*gga now, he stayed touring with him - but as the hype man.

You say that as if Best I ever had wasnt a number 1 smash. Why is n*ggas act like Wayne just pushed his click out there so right. Currensy, Tyga, Mack Maine, Gutta, and Jae Millz were ALL signed to Young Money before Drake. WHY DOES DRAKE GET THE BIG PUSH? cuz he made a hit. Plain and simple.

You really think if Cole made a number 1 smash, that Jay-z wouldnt take that opportunity to make money? c'mon son.
 8 years ago '04        #58
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,058 | Props total: 4807 4807
 CelticPride242 said:
Because the Illuminati dont like him.
Lol best answer
 05-05-2010, 02:24 AM         #59
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pass the Blunt said:
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

I'm no fan of Wayne but he did his thing promoting Drake and getting him up there. Wayne pretty much MADE Drake what he is today. Without Wayne, Drake would still be puttin out mixtapes barely getting played outside of Toronto.

Damn shame too cause JCole will outrap Drake any day of the week.

*cough* MOP *cough*
you're an idiot. He made an album full of roc features, i guess that wasnt promoting them?

i guess him scream Bleek is only one hit away on SEVERAL hit records had nothing to do with promoting them

i guess him writing a SOLO record dear summer for MEMPHS record, had nothing to do with promoting him

i guess him being on the lead single for beanies s**t wasnt promoting him

i guess him SCREAMING ROC WE RUNNING THIS RAP s**t, even mentioned scrubs like o sparks and young gunz, at SUMMER JAM.

Sit in the corner you dumb n*gga.

You've been sonned.
 8 years ago '06        #60
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
its either you love Jayz or you hate him but there is no lie that on both sides you dont know him personally to defend him
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy