Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
 THE TAKEOVER said:
Um dumbass, do you not remember roc la familia?
Exactly. n*ggas act like Jay aint do s**t for the Roc. Amil, Young Guns, Freeway, Memph, Beans, ALL dropped albums. Most of em dropped multiple albums. Sparks was on the chorus to one of Jays biggest hits ever. It aint Jay fault none of those dudes really could make hits.

The first person who had true star quality, KANYE WEST, Jay f**ked wit em.
 8 years ago '04        #22
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
 Smiff_Beats said:
Jay placing him on his BP3 album aint promoting? Jay taking dude on his tour aint promoting?

I dunno what is then.
yea, but you know a lot of ppl take Jay's words as gospel, he can at least mention J. Cole in his interviews, or even compare the two when asked about Drake...
 8 years ago '05        #23
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 THE TAKEOVER said:
Um dumbass, do you not remember roc la familia?
That was a Jay-Z album full of features, just like most of his others
 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM         #24
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondareal said:
Exactly. n*ggas act like Jay aint do s**t for the Roc. Amil, Young Guns, Freeway, Memph, Beans, ALL dropped albums. Most of em dropped multiple albums. Sparks was on the chorus to one of Jays biggest hits ever. It aint Jay fault none of those dudes really could make hits.

Not completely Jay aint wont Ye to drop an album
he just wanted the beats Dame f**ked with Ye
 8 years ago '05        #25
space
space
 ondareal said:
DAME handled Roc-A-Fella more than Jay, stop it.

ondareal said:
...as a producer...
 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM         #26
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Name one time in the history of rap that a rapper coming out under another rappers wing has went on to have a long successful career. After you think about that, would you make the same mistakes YOU and others have made in the past.
 05-04-2010, 11:58 AM         #27
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^No it wasnt. It was album made specifically to promote his artists on the ROC. You know that label he created with biggs and dame?. He put his name on it, and called it a solo so he could sell more records. I thought this was common knowledge
 8 years ago '05        #28
ondareal 
space
space
 TeddyGramz said:
Not completely Jay aint wont Ye to drop an album
he just wanted the beats Dame f**ked with Ye
Right. That was UNTIL Ye proved himself. Just cuz Jay aint notice his talent at first, dont mean he didnt f**k wit him after he proved himself. All those dudes signed to the Roc dropped albums. Not that all of the albums were wack, but none of em had star quality.
 8 years ago '05        #29
ondareal 
space
space
 *eckounltd1972* said:
DAME handled Roc-A-Fella more than Jay, stop it.

...as a producer...
So Jay only f**k wit Kanye as a producer? He didnt have a verse on College Dropout? Kanye West wasnt on "the bounce"? Kanye West didnt have two features on BP3? Stop it
 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM         #30
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good question...Ima big Jigga fan but I do see that he isnt really into pushing artists. After betting all his chips on Bleek I guess he said to himself "f**k that s**t..."--- Look at Kanye. Jay-Z didnt push Kanye. Dame put Kanye on(rapping wise) and Kanye promoted himself.
 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM         #31
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I find it hilarious the lengths people go to hate on jay-z.

Like Jay-Z is n*ggas father and s**t. Who carried jay-z's hand to legendary status?
NOBODY. Jay-Z gave cole a platform, its up to him what to do with it.
 05-04-2010, 12:08 PM         #32
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondareal said:
So Jay only f**k wit Kanye as a producer? He didnt have a verse on College Dropout? Kanye West wasnt on "the bounce"? Kanye West didnt have two features on BP3? Stop it
That was AFTER Ye went and blew up folks was showing him love
Jay heard all Ye s**t before the public did and he wasnt feeling him as a rapper
He told him it wouldnt work
Dame backed Ye as a rapper
Jay only back Ye AFTER he saw the success and the money....
 05-04-2010, 12:08 PM         #33
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TAKEOVER said:
I find it hilarious the lengths people go to hate on jay-z.

Like Jay-Z is n*ggas father and s**t. Who carried jay-z's hand to legendary status?
NOBODY. Jay-Z gave cole a platform, its up to him what to do with it.
 8 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 ondareal said:
Kanye was signed to ROC because Dame believed in him as a producer AND rapper. Jay only wanted him as a producer, and once he started blowing up Jay does his usual "leech to whoever is popular" thing, and the rest is history...
 05-04-2010, 12:12 PM         #35
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TeddyGramz said:
That was AFTER Ye went and blew up folks was showing him love
Jay heard all Ye s**t before the public did and he wasnt feeling him as a rapper
He told him it wouldnt work
Dame backed Ye as a rapper
Jay only back Ye AFTER he saw the success and the money....
n*gga what are you talking about? Bounce was released in 2002, a full year before CD. He only backed him after the success? Again what are you talking about, jay was on two songs on his album, he didnt know through the wire was gonna blow, this is BEFORE ye got big.

Yes I agree with what you said that dame is the one who always backed ye but lets not act as if hov didnt jump on ye's s**t.
 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM         #36
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *eckounltd1972* said:
Kanye was signed to ROC because Dame believed in him as a producer AND rapper. Jay only wanted him as a producer, and once he started blowing up Jay does his usual "leech to whoever is popular" thing, and the rest is history...
Yes because jay knew exactly that through the wire would become as popular as it did

man you're k!lling me with your dumbass comments in this thread
 8 years ago '08        #37
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
cause it's Jay Z.....camel a.ss niggga
 05-04-2010, 12:19 PM         #38
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TAKEOVER said:
n*gga what are you talking about? Bounce was released in 2002, a full year before CD. He only backed him after the success? Again what are you talking about, jay was on two songs on his album, he didnt know through the wire was gonna blow, this is BEFORE ye got big.

Yes I agree with what you said that dame is the one who always backed ye but lets not act as if hov didnt jump on ye's s**t.
I'm glad you know rap better than the NBA. I still cant believe u dont think Mark Jackson was a great player.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #39
blockburna 
space
space
$1,633 | Props total: 3 3
If you ask me he's goin about it pretty much the right way...Like others have mentioned, he's letting Cole build his own brand instead of being dragged behind jay... When I'm puttin somebody new onto Cole or they ask "this niga spittin who is this?" all I say is something like "After the Roc broke up and Jay started the Roc Nation label this is the 1st artist he started it off with...people comparing him to Drake kuz he's a new dude in the game that can actually spit and make good songs but when it comes to rapping most ppl who know about both will tell you Cole is by far the better rapper. Whereas Drake is slowly but surely becoming another rapper for the females, Cole is somebody real nigas can relate to and that hunger shows in his raps". And then after my brief introduction I tell em to really LISTEN to the words and I let Cole do the rest.
 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM         #40
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wasn't he on tour with jay? You gotta earn your keep if your around jay-z, simple as that. J cole needs to put out mixtapes and push himself like hov did.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy