Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
8364 pageviews
145 comments

Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,312 | Props total: 1235 1235
Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?

This was his 1st sign on Roc-A-Nation, and he picked a talented kid - but all you hear out of this dudes mouth is "Drake Drake Drake".

Jay seems like he don't want anybody to even remotely be closed to his limelight, which he should have nothing to really worry about, his name is up there with legends of hip-hop.

Camel is wrong for this one imo :thumbsdown:

145 comments for "Why is Jay-Z not promoting J. Cole like he should?"

8 years ago '05        #2
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
He doesn't have to promote anybody.
 8 years ago '08        #3
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
i dunno dude only f**k with n*ggas once they big.. only s**t j.cole got was an album feature...he aint in no cameos for videos, jay never shouts him out
 8 years ago '05        #4
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,329 | Props total: 1654 1654
Jay's arrogant, I wish he'd be more generous to J. Cole, the guy deserves some sort of push. Look at Wayne, he's always pushing Drake into the limelight, alongside Birdman. That's why Drake's so popular these days, it's cause he had the hottest team in the rap game right now (very arguable, I mean to the mainstream) backing him up. If J. Cole was on a Jay video with Kanye, people would recognize him more. But knowing Jay, he won't do s**t and will probably let his talent go to waste just like he did Beans, Freeway and the rest of them Roc cats.
 8 years ago '05        #5
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
Who has Jay promoted big besides himself? :hmm:
 8 years ago '04        #6
Smiff_Beats 
space
space
space
$740 | Props total: 8 8
Jay placing him on his BP3 album aint promoting? Jay taking dude on his tour aint promoting?

I dunno what is then.
 8 years ago '08        #7
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
wait .... i'm having flashbacks ........

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #8
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1130 1130
Jay-Z isn't very good at anything except marketing himself. his own music is overrated as s**t.
 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM         #9
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
J.Cole has been building a solid fan base on his own just with his music
Wouldnt you want to be able to say you done it on your own?
The reason folks know J.Cole is because of J.Cole which he is probably proud of
He probably doesnt want Jay to name drop him all the time and hype him up when Cole can get recognition on his own merit and work
 8 years ago '07        #10
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 *eckounltd1972* said:
Who has Jay promoted big besides himself? :hmm:
Jeezy , Rick ross, Rihanna, kanye west, who has any other rapper promoted big beside themself?

Cam- Dipset

LiL wayne-drake

most rappers have a hard time getting anyone they are affiliated with to be big
 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM         #11
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall are stupid.

He was the ONLY new artist to have a verse on bp3.

you know the one that sold 2 million copies?

f**king inbreds on bx.
 8 years ago '08        #12
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
How the hell is Jay supposed to "promote" him. What is he suppose to go round on talk shows and interviews and talk about J.Cole? He gave him a damn collab on BP3.

Drake got big because he had a hot mixtape with the hottest single last year...all Wayne did was sign him to Young Money, Drake did the rest.

Why would J.Cole wanna be carried by Jay, rather than his own talent? Pretty sure he knows it's up to him to capitalize on his opportunity
 8 years ago '07        #13
CelticPride242 1 heat pts
space
space
$414 | Props total: 32 32
Because the Illuminati dont like him.
 8 years ago '05        #14
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 getGwap said:
Jeezy , Rick ross, Rihanna, kanye west, who has any other rapper promoted big beside themself?

Cam- Dipset

LiL wayne-drake

most rappers have a hard time getting anyone they are affiliated with to be big
Rephrase, who was he promoted that HE HIMSELF SIGNED besides himself?

Dipset is 12 rappers all signed by Cam & Jim, and most released an album in some form.

Lil' Wayne signed all of Young Money, and put out a compilation album for them all that got them exposure off his name alone.
 8 years ago '08        #15
knowledge82 3 heat pts
space
space
$506 | Props total: 14 14
well maybe its cause it will be more beneficial to j.cole to allow him to build his own brand. OIf jay-z was to continually boost j cole then j.cole would be simply known as "j.cole. jay-z's man". instead he can build his own brand and recognition and be known for the quality of his music. jay continually pushed beans and them but never really mentioned kanye. and look what happened there.

i think jay signing j.cole was the biggest and best co-sign possible.
 05-04-2010, 11:46 AM         #16
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *eckounltd1972* said:
Rephrase, who was he promoted that HE HIMSELF SIGNED besides himself?

Dipset is 12 rappers all signed by Cam & Jim, and most released an album in some form.

Lil' Wayne signed all of Young Money, and put out a compilation album for them all that got them exposure off his name alone.
Um dumbass, do you not remember roc la familia?
 8 years ago '07        #17
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 Smiff_Beats said:
Jay placing him on his BP3 album aint promoting? Jay taking dude on his tour aint promoting?

I dunno what is then.
:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '05        #18
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
IMO Jay has handled J Cole perfectly.

1. He didnt FORCE him to the limelight. He lettin him build a buzz organically, rather than giving him a band and letting him go right before him on tours and s**t. Cole goes out there early as s**t, and performs off of a laptop. Which is cool. Cole hasnt earned the big buzz yet. Nobody had even heard of Cole before Jay signed him.

2. Cole hasnt made any songs that are potential hits. Whether u like it or not, the n*gga needs to make a big song. "Who Dat" aint it. So Cole hasnt earned his big push yet.

3. A feature on BP3 is huge. And yeah Beans was on a single for vol.3 BUT the Roc was more like a click. Where as Rocnation is more like a label. So getting the feature was big.

Right now, I think Cole has gotten everything he's supposed to get. Now if Cole was to make some song wit crazy potential, and THEN Jay doesnt give him the big marketing, then that'd b messed up. The only reason Drake got the big marketing was cuz he made "best I ever had". He was already famous with a hit, BEFORE he signed to young money.
 8 years ago '04        #19
e117v1 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 30 30
dudes cant make it big on their own with out someone promoting them....
didn't cube go through this a few weeks ago? the "new west coast" artist dissing him cus he wouldn't co-sign them?
i'm looking for the article where cube touched on this....probably said the same thing jay would have to say about "carrying" someone into success

Edit: I just realized the worse part of this thread....that the hip-hop fans are now expecting artist to co-sign and promote each other. no wonder the quality of music has gone downhill fast....s**tty music is acceptable as long it's promoted by a bigger artist

Last edited by e117v1; 05-04-2010 at 11:51 AM..
 05-04-2010, 11:49 AM         #20
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lifetimez said:
How the hell is Jay supposed to "promote" him. What is he suppose to go round on talk shows and interviews and talk about J.Cole? He gave him a damn collab on BP3.

Drake got big because he had a hot mixtape with the hottest single last year...all Wayne did was sign him to Young Money, Drake did the rest.

Why would J.Cole wanna be carried by Jay, rather than his own talent? Pretty sure he knows it's up to him to capitalize on his opportunity

Really???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy