Washington Redskins

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 15512 15512
We're heading in the right direction, I know that for sure. It's good that we're no longer signing old age veterans, thinking that they'll bring us a championship.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruits are sweet." -Aristotle

We're going to continue to lose and suffer this season as long as we develop our players. It's painful but necessary. I like the fact that our young players are getting more experience and reps each week. Hankerson will be a viable threat for us in 1-2 years. Helu has shown flashes of being a relilable back as well. He reminds me of Matt Forte.

We clearly have to focus on improving our offense in the offseason. The offensive line has to be rebuilt (there's no player on that line other than Trent Williams that is not expendable). We also have to get real playmakers, that being a legit receiving threat. Moss is oft-injured and should not be relied on for an entire season. We can target a solid WR in free agency.

I'm comfortable with our defense. We have the key pieces but we certainly have to add more depth. Carriker is decent but he's not a game changer. We also have to find new middle linebackers, regardless of whether Fletcher retires or not. I'm not too fond of Wilson being the 2nd CB. I think he's better off as a nickel corner.

Starting lineups in 2012:

Offense

QB - ???
RB - Helu
FB - D. Young
WR - Moss
WR - Hankerson
TE - F. Davis
LT - T. Williams
LG - ???
C - ???
RG - Chester (we should continue to look for an upgrade though)
RT - ???

I'd like to keep Cooley if he's willing to restructure his contract. He's always been one of the most consistent when healthy. I wouldn't mind changing his position to FB/H-Back either.

Defense

DE - Bowen
NT - Cofield
DE - ???
OLB - Kerrigan
MLB - Riley (we should continue to look for an upgrade though)
MLB - Fletcher (not sure if he even wants to come back next year)
OLB - Orakpo
CB - Hall
CB - ???
FS - Atogwe
SS - Landry

With that being said, we have tremendous holes to fill, QB being the most important. I want us to go QB in the 1st round then offensive line in the second. The rest of our picks should be used to fill depth. We also need to sign 2-3 quality free agents who can help the team immediately. Talent is what this team is lacking. We have the right coaching staff, we just need players who can produce and execute.
 6 years ago '05        #102
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
if yall dont draft a qb with your 1st or 2nd pick, you wasted the draft. you have other issues, notably at the DB positions, and youre gonna have to start thinking fletcher replacements soon, but the qb position has been the reason for the lack of success this past decade.

sure the line hasnt helped, but its not like your qb is getting flushed out of the pocket every single play...and its not like your receivers have every been completely below average.
 11-14-2011, 01:36 PM         #103
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RGIII = top 10 pick?
 6 years ago '04        #104
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
most teams have a young QB or an established QB already...a lot of QBs won't be going late in the 1st round

we might be able to do like Cincy and take Blackmon and get someone early in the 2nd
 6 years ago '05        #105
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142

[pic - click to view]

11-14-2011, 03:41 PM         #106
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
RGIII = top 10 pick?
Now we both know he has the potential to go top 10.. his intangibles are great.. hes smart as hell.. great arm.. great accuracy.. great over the top release.. hes athletic enough to fit in our system with the bootlegs.. only real issue i can find with him is his footwork.. he gets happy feet in the pocket..

I dont honestly see why people find it hard to believe hes top 10 material.. i use to knock his system, but look at cam now.. he shown he can operate under center in a short time..

Main thing i love about rg3 is his deep ball accuracy.. you can deny he probably throws the best deep ball and spiral in college as of right now.
 6 years ago '06        #107
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
redskins will suck forever... that franchise just flat out sucks.
 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM         #108
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hooligun said:
redskins will suck forever... that franchise just flat out sucks.
yea cool we'll just ignore our 3 lombardis
 6 years ago '08        #109
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 WalterWhite said:
It was all good only 5 weeks ago
First Place
 11-19-2011, 06:50 PM         #110
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@LL56xtremeskins LL
Hopefully RG3 has a great game tonight because our scouts are in the building..

2 for 1 special watching Landry and RG3.
 11-19-2011, 07:01 PM         #111
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dro889 said:
Now we both know he has the potential to go top 10.. his intangibles are great.. hes smart as hell.. great arm.. great accuracy.. great over the top release.. hes athletic enough to fit in our system with the bootlegs.. only real issue i can find with him is his footwork.. he gets happy feet in the pocket..

I dont honestly see why people find it hard to believe hes top 10 material.. i use to knock his system, but look at cam now.. he shown he can operate under center in a short time..

Main thing i love about rg3 is his deep ball accuracy.. you can deny he probably throws the best deep ball and spiral in college as of right now.
I like his potential too but I don't think whoever drafts him is going to have the idea of starting him immediately, unless the Skins end up getting him and I don't know the contract situations of Beck and Grossman for next year. Only teams with starting QB questions are - Colts, Dolphins, Chiefs, Skins, Zona, Seattle. The maybes as far as the season ending would be - Broncos and Browns.

If the Dolphins draft somebody it'll be someone who's going to start now or halfway thru the season while whatever rookie they get gets acclimated and Moore starts. I love his arm and athleticism tho. Stepped up his accuracy a lot this year and Dolphins always succeed when the QB is accurate not necessarily needing the big arm which is why I wouldn't be mad at getting Barkley either and I'm leaning away from Landry Jones as the year goes on.

Could happen though. I see him as a smarter Vick coming out of college
 11-19-2011, 07:06 PM         #112
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
I like his potential too but I don't think whoever drafts him is going to have the idea of starting him immediately, unless the Skins end up getting him and I don't know the contract situations of Beck and Grossman for next year. Only teams with starting QB questions are - Colts, Dolphins, Chiefs, Skins, Zona, Seattle. The maybes as far as the season ending would be - Broncos and Browns.

If the Dolphins draft somebody it'll be someone who's going to start now or halfway thru the season while whatever rookie they get gets acclimated and Moore starts. I love his arm and athleticism tho. Stepped up his accuracy a lot this year and Dolphins always succeed when the QB is accurate not necessarily needing the big arm which is why I wouldn't be mad at getting Barkley either and I'm leaning away from Landry Jones as the year goes on.

Could happen though. I see him as a smarter Vick coming out of college
glad you came back to talk about this..

i recently seen a mock with Miami getting RG3 2nd overall in the draft.. although i think you guys win a few more games.

biggest thing i love about RG3 is his deep ball accuracy.. its one of (if not the best) deep ball in the nation.. works well with our roll outs along with his ability to throw on the run.
 11-19-2011, 07:06 PM         #113
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also i think Miami get Landry Jones (if he comes out).
 11-19-2011, 07:43 PM         #114
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dro889 said:
glad you came back to talk about this..

i recently seen a mock with Miami getting RG3 2nd overall in the draft.. although i think you guys win a few more games.

biggest thing i love about RG3 is his deep ball accuracy.. its one of (if not the best) deep ball in the nation.. works well with our roll outs along with his ability to throw on the run.
Yeah I doubt Miami gets #2 overall with how they're playing right now but it'll still be top 10 I'm sure and it'll wind up being a QB.

Dro889 said:
Also i think Miami get Landry Jones (if he comes out).
I wouldn't be surprised with that either but I think they'll trade up to get whoever they think is a better QB depending on where they pick. Whoever the new coach is isn't gonna roll into the season with just Moore so they'll draft a future QB. A franchise QB is needed and one who's accurate. I've already seen a bunch of strong arm QBs come and go. Pennington had the best season for a Miami QB probably since Marino and that's cause he was accurate and great decision making.
 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM         #115
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
Yeah I doubt Miami gets #2 overall with how they're playing right now but it'll still be top 10 I'm sure and it'll wind up being a QB.

I wouldn't be surprised with that either but I think they'll trade up to get whoever they think is a better QB depending on where they pick. Whoever the new coach is isn't gonna roll into the season with just Moore so they'll draft a future QB. A franchise QB is needed and one who's accurate. I've already seen a bunch of strong arm QBs come and go. Pennington had the best season for a Miami QB probably since Marino and that's cause he was accurate and great decision making.
how long before the riot if you guys take a 3-4DE again..
 6 years ago '07        #116
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Draft Barkley and sit him for next year so he can learn and build some arm strength. Not tryna see Matt Cassel part 2

Playmakers in the 2nd and 3rd and don't break the bank for any offensive free agents outside o-linemen
 11-19-2011, 07:51 PM         #117
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dro889 said:
how long before the riot if you guys take a 3-4DE again..
i wasn't mad at the Odrick pick from last year till he broke his leg in the first game. He's a great pass rusher from a 3-4 end spot but we passed up on Earl Thomas who fell in our laps and our safety position is one of if not the worst in the league now
 11-19-2011, 07:52 PM         #118
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
Draft Barkley and sit him for next year so he can learn and build some arm strength. Not tryna see Matt Cassel part 2

Playmakers in the 2nd and 3rd and don't break the bank for any offensive free agents outside o-linemen
He's accurate tho and putting on a show so far tonight

Arm strength ain't the most important thing. Reads and accuracy are IMO.
 11-19-2011, 07:55 PM         #119
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barkley is looking good so far.. i just think that RG3 fits our system and the type of person were looking to draft.. which is why we have scouts there tonight.
 6 years ago '07        #120
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Cheeze said:
He's accurate tho and putting on a show so far tonight

Arm strength ain't the most important thing. Reads and accuracy are IMO.
IMO the situation will be tough for him to succeed next year, kid is still young as hell. I would draft him top 3 and get him on a pro workout program. We still gotta build the o-line and get some weapons for him to throw to. Throwing him to the wolves is gonna stunt his development cus he's gonna get no time behind the line, plus the fans expectations will be unreasonable

Let him chill in the background like Rodgers and learn the system in-and-out before putting the weight of the franchise on him
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy