Washington Redskins

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4411 4411
 ttime236 said:
Stop playin man, I dont even want to acknowledge the possiblity of getting Locker

x1000. *Prays Locker decides to take up baseball*:frown:
Wow... Who the fucc do you prefer? Luck is lone gone... Locker had a terrible senior year, if he came out last year you guys would be all on his nutts.. Fact is, he's still the Locker of old and he still has the ability to come in and play as a rookie.
 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM         #62
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes fine for our RB by committee system we have going on.
 7 years ago '07        #63
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Lowkey18 said:
s**t locker or Gabbert imo is a good thing..you guys realllllllllly underestimate the shanahans coaching abilities and systems..

both are perfect for our system and both will strive in our system with work.
Stole this from somewhere else. I agree with most of it, Gabberts overrated

Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL quarterback.

Frankly, I was stunned when I heard that he was entering the draft earlier today. Given that McShay is projecting him as a top 5 pick, I can't blame him for leaving, but I'm still stunned. I'm not stunned at his decision to go pro, I'm stunned that he's projected that high.

A few weeks ago I saw that Scouts Inc. had him graded higher than Mallett and Newton, and I laughed that off thinking it was nothing. But now other draft gurus seem to have him ranked pretty high too. I really can't believe it.

From someone who got to watch Chase Daniel play at Mizzou as well, let me tell you, I'd rather have Daniel on my COLLEGE team any day of the week. I understand that Daniel doesn't have a pro body and all that, and Gabbert's physical numbers look much more impressive, but other than that, Gabbert is the worse QB.

Gabbert has consistently failed under pressure. He chokes in big games on national television, with the one exception being the upset vs. Oklahoma earlier this season. He also chokes on a consistent basis when there is defensive pressure in the backfield. Gabbert is somewhat athletic, and I honestly think it hurts him. He's fast enough that scrambling is an option, but he's slow enough that it's not a threat. So when a defensive lineman or linebacker gets past the Oline, Gabbert's first instinct is to scramble, and at that point, all hell breaks loose. Gabbert is notorious for putting his head down, scrambling one direction, then spinning around and running further backwards in the other direction. When he gets sacked, he often loses 10+ yards, and it k!lls us. He also occasionally will throw the ball away while scrambling, but like I said, he puts his head down, and he has no idea where his receivers are in relation to the defenders, and he often throws terrible passes when he rolls out that result in interceptions.

His accuracy is fine, nothing special. He has a high completion percentage because of the system that Mizzou plays. Many of his passes are bubble screens or very short routes that gain 1-3 yards. Essentially, the WR is wide open, and it's the easiest pass in the world.

He has a powerful arm that can make deep throws, but he has terrible accuracy on his deep throws. He's overthrown guys by 20 feet (vertically!) many times. I think coaches and draft gurus see his arm strength and believe that they can coach him to the point where the accuracy develops, but I'm skeptical.

I also think it's worth noting that because Mizzou plays a spread, Gabbert has little to no experience under center. Earlier this season he took his first snap in his career under center on 4th and 1, and what did he do? He fumbled the exchange. Later in the year I believe we chose to use our backup QB in those situations, although I believe Gabbert got one more chance, and this time instead of running up the middle, we faked inside and he pitched it outside for a TD. But every single Mizzou fan in the crowd was covering their eyes when they saw he was under center again. This is something that I think would be easy to teach Gabbert, and he probably wouldn't have any problems in the NFL. However, it's something so basic that he's never had to do, and has failed at when asked to in the past, so it's worth noting.

Also, going back to his problems with defensive pressure... All of those problems were with him in the shotgun! In the NFL he'll be under center a lot more, and obviously that means he will have even less time to find the open receiver. I imagine he'll be overwhelmed under center with so much less time in the NFL.

Overall, he was a real solid college QB. But to Mizzou fans, he felt like a game manager. He put up gaudy overall stats game after game, but we never felt like he had a good performance. He never felt like a threat, someone who was going to help us WIN the game. I feel like our system will let any capable QB step in and perform decently, and that's what it did for Blaine. Nothing he has done has ever made me think he was going to be an NFL QB one day. I'm no expert obviously, but I have a lot more doubt in the knowledge of actual "experts" when I see them ranking Gabbert in the top 5 or even top 30 in the draft.

Let's hope that there's actually an NFL team stupid enough to waste a first round pick on Gabbert. That'll be one more team in need of a QB who won't draft one of the other options, and one will hopefully fall to us later in the draft. I honestly would be furious if the Redskins even considered going with Gabbert as our future QB. Not worth a 3rd round pick even in my opinion. Might as well just bring back Chase Daniel at that point.

Not to mention no one at Mizzou likes Blaine as a person. He was horrible with the media, and was known for being incredibly c*cky from day one. He never really related to the rest of his teammates, and didn't step up as a leader at all, something I see as crucial to a QB's success.

OldeEnglish22oz said:
Wow... Who the fucc do you prefer? Luck is lone gone... Locker had a terrible senior year, if he came out last year you guys would be all on his nutts.. Fact is, he's still the Locker of old and he still has the ability to come in and play as a rookie.
To be honest, I think we're f**ked. Luck is the only legit QB this draft and the others are too flawed to dominate like previous high round QBs. Locker is trash IMO, I could care less about being in a prostyle offense when you cant throw the ball regardless. There were like 4 games where he couldnt even get over 71 yards and thats downright embarassing for a college qb, especially one with this much hype. Yeah, hes athletic but being an NFL qb is about having the mental capacity to run a offense and make the right reads
 7 years ago '04        #64
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 Liquid-Science said:
I think the Skins have k!lled my love of the NFL, I ain't even feel amped to watch the games today, not even on the Red Zone channel
Got damn man

I used to know that pain all too well tho
 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM         #65
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
Stole this from somewhere else. I agree with most of it, Gabberts overrated

To be honest, I think we're f**ked. Luck is the only legit QB this draft and the others are too flawed to dominate like previous high round QBs. Locker is trash IMO, I could care less about being in a prostyle offense when you cant throw the ball regardless. There were like 4 games where he couldnt even get over 71 yards and thats downright embarassing for a college qb, especially one with this much hype. Yeah, hes athletic but being an NFL qb is about having the mental capacity to run a offense and make the right reads
everything that guy typed imo can be fixed his accuracy is spotty because his footwork needs to be worked on which can be taken care of in a single off season +

i understand that they run the spread but he actually makes more reads than both Newton and Mallet and Bradford when he came out which then point to his under center issues bradford had the same ? mark and hes done fine. Scouts even say that Blaine is a bad fit for the Spread and a better fit for the Pro style he just gets little to no experience under center due to the system that he was drilled into.

His deep ball was actually consistent a year or so ago but since he lost his only vertical threat and their number 1 receiver is much like a wes welker type player you dont see those big vertical threats anymore which is why they have 28 rushing TDs

Him failing under pressure is something a veteran coach like mike can fix himself.

IMO either Blaine or Locker will be good for us.. Mike and Kyle will groom him into a great player it will take a little time so dont jump on their d!cks the first year the kid struggles.
 7 years ago '07        #66
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,500 | Props total: 43630 43630
2011 schedule

REDSKINS 2011 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time TV
Sept. 11 New York Giants 4:15 pm ET FOX
Sept. 18 Arizona Cardinals 1 pm ET FOX
Sept. 26 @ Dallas Cowboys 8:30 pm ET ESPN
Oct. 2 @ St. Louis Rams 1 pm ET FOX
Oct. 9 BYE --- ---
Oct. 16 Philadelphia Eagles 1 pm ET FOX
Oct. 23 @ Carolina Panthers 1 pm ET FOX
Oct. 30 @ Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 pm ET FOX
Nov. 6 San Francisco 49ers 1 pm ET FOX
Nov. 13 @ Miami Dolphins 1 pm ET FOX
Nov. 20 Dallas Cowboys 1 pm ET* FOX
Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:05 pm ET* FOX
Dec. 4 New York Jets 1 pm ET* CBS
Dec. 11 New England Patriots 1 pm ET* CBS
Dec. 18 @ New York Giants 1 pm ET* FOX
Dec. 24 Minnesota Vikings 1 pm ET FOX
Jan. 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles 1 pm ET* FOX

what you think skins fans?
 7 years ago '04        #67
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
10-6 at the absolute best...I'm talking like if everything goes our way on some NE in 07 type of luck...everything would have to fall into place...haynesworth plays like in Tennessee, we get a new QB that's an absolute beast somehow, defense gels, Orakpo has 15 sacks

5-11 at worst

my far off guess is 7-9 no playoffs
 7 years ago '07        #68
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,500 | Props total: 43630 43630
 Liquid-Science said:
10-6 at the absolute best...I'm talking like if everything goes our way on some NE in 07 type of luck...everything would have to fall into place...haynesworth plays like in Tennessee, we get a new QB that's an absolute beast somehow, defense gels, Orakpo has 15 sacks

5-11 at worst

my far off guess is 7-9 no playoffs
haynesworth won't be here. he's gone as soon as a CBA is reached.

whos gonna be our qb? listening to 106.7 today all they were talking about is donovan to the vikings.

i don't want that dude cam newton. at first it thought i did untill i saw his john gruden interview. gabbert, locker?

man none of those guys impress me either. imo none of the qb's form this draft will be very good. average at best.

Last edited by st21; 04-19-2011 at 08:15 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #69
space
space
space
 #21 said:
whos gonna be our qb? listening to 106.7 today all they were talking about is donovan to the vikings.

i don't want that dude cam newton. at first it thought i did untill i saw his john gruden interview. gabbert, locker?

man none of those guys impress me either.
don't have a damn clue

I like a big white immobile QB but Mallet seems to be white trash, don't need that headache

maybe Gabbert if he falls...I can live with rolling the dice on him

I do not want jake fu*kin locker

ever since Locker declared and I saw Shannahan had a top 10 pick, my worst fear is that he's going to draft Locker and he'll be a damn bust
 7 years ago '07        #70
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 #21 said:
2011 schedule

REDSKINS 2011 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time TV
Sept. 11 New York Giants 4:15 pm ET FOX L
Sept. 18 Arizona Cardinals 1 pm ET FOX W
Sept. 26 @ Dallas Cowboys 8:30 pm ET ESPN L
Oct. 2 @ St. Louis Rams 1 pm ET FOX L
Oct. 9 BYE --- ---
Oct. 16 Philadelphia Eagles 1 pm ET FOX L
Oct. 23 @ Carolina Panthers 1 pm ET FOX W
Oct. 30 @ Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 pm ET FOX W
Nov. 6 San Francisco 49ers 1 pm ET FOX L
Nov. 13 @ Miami Dolphins 1 pm ET FOX L
Nov. 20 Dallas Cowboys 1 pm ET* FOX W
Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:05 pm ET* W FOX
Dec. 4 New York Jets 1 pm ET* CBS L
Dec. 11 New England Patriots 1 pm ET* CBS L
Dec. 18 @ New York Giants 1 pm ET* FOX L
Dec. 24 Minnesota Vikings 1 pm ET FOX W
Jan. 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles 1 pm ET* FOX L

what you think skins fans?
5-11 and Im being ambitious. We still have the 31st ranked defense(added Otogwe), Grossman at QB and Jim Haslett is still our d-coordinator. Doesnt help our best time (free agency) cant even be used to fill some of our weaknesses, stupid a.ss CBA

The way this roster looks, I say bomb the year and get a shot at Luck
 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM         #71
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haynseworth will be here if no one trades for him.. we will not cut him.. he will rot on the bench.. hes getting 1 more shot @ NT hopefully he'll play his way into a contract.. as for a prediction.. im going to wait till we come down from the draft.. i think were going to land a OLB and possibly a NT/DE so i want to see what the roster looks like after that.. Mcnabb may actually be traded when CBA is done if hes willing to redo his contract..

and from what i've gathered from TK and the other insiders LavarLeap and Jsteelz were going after VY...

i made a mock considering we make 2 trades..

Redskins trade the No. 10 pick (1,300 points) to the Buccaneers for Nos. 20 (850) and 51 (390)

Redskins Trade the No. 41 pick (490 points) to Carolina Panthers for Nos. 65 (265) 97(112) and 98 (108)

20 - Cameron Jordan/Justin Houston
51 - Ryan Williams
65- Bruce Carter/Clint Boling (depending on if we go Houston First)
85- Kendrick Ellis
97- Greg Jones
98- Ricky Stanzi
144- Stephen Schilling
155- Rashad Carmichael/Deunta Williams
177- Jake Kirkpatrick/Tim Barnes
213- Derek Hall/Terrance Toliver
224- Alex Henery
253- Chas Henry

get a 3-4DE,RB,OLB,NT,G,C,K,P,ILB,OT/WR,

Last edited by @RG3; 04-19-2011 at 08:58 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #72
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,128 | Props total: 2843 2843

Redskins eyeing a move back

There have been some reports that the Washington Redskins are looking to trade up to draft a quarterback.

I hear it's the exact opposite.

According to a league source, the Redskins are looking to trade down in the first round with the idea they will draft either Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder or TCU quarterback Andy Dalton.

The Redskins, who pick 10th overall, would like to get a second-round pick from a team in exchange for moving back to their spot in the first round. They could then use their two second-round picks to bolster the defense.

For a team that doesn't have a third-round pick, this scenario makes a lot more sense than trying to trade up.

The X-factor here would be if Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert were to fall to them at the 10th spot. The Redskins would likely take him there, rather than trading back.

One team that is said to be eyeing the 10th spot is the New England Patriots, who have two first-round picks and two second-round picks. The Patriots might have their eye on an edge rusher -- like Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue -- or a receiver like Julio Jones of Alabama.

No matter if they trade down or not, the Redskins have to get a quarterback in this draft. Donovan McNabb is on his way out and Rex Grossman isn't the answer and he's a free agent.

The only quarterback on the roster is John Beck. Not a chance he's the opening-day starter, which is why a trade back in th first round makes sense.
I'm with the trade down move, seems like any position of need would be a reach at 10 anyways unless Julio Jones is there and I'd rather stockpile picks than pick a receiver that high with no QB to get him the ball or running game to get attention off him.
 04-19-2011, 09:42 PM         #73
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if robert quinn is @ 10 we taking him no doubt..
 7 years ago '06        #74
kmstokes  OP
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
Being a Tar heel fan I want Quinn, if he's gone; then I wouldn't mind looking at a wr too..
 7 years ago '04        #75
space
space
space
god damnit, the skins better not even dream of getting VY

Tennessee basically already fleeced us once by letting Haynesworth walk

and on top of that, he's black...NO GOD DAMN BLACK QBs

I like my QBs like I like my Olinemen...big white and immobile
 04-19-2011, 10:06 PM         #76
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
god damnit, the skins better not even dream of getting VY

Tennessee basically already fleeced us once by letting Haynesworth walk

and on top of that, he's black...NO GOD DAMN BLACK QBs

I like my QBs like I like my Olinemen...big white and immobile
immobile doesnt fit the scheme.
 7 years ago '04        #77
space
space
space
 Lowkey18 said:
immobile doesnt fit the scheme.
I ain't that big of a fan of Shannahan neither...he can get fired tomorrow and take that scheme with him and I won't shed one tear
 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM         #78
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
I ain't that big of a fan of Shannahan neither...he can get fired tomorrow and take that scheme with him and I won't shed one tear
you do know thats a big reason why we always suck right? no stability.. if you change playbooks and systems ever damn year you have to change personnel which means you have to attack in FA period and give up draft picks for the main pieces to your system.. stability is the first step..
 7 years ago '07        #79
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 Lowkey18 said:
Haynseworth will be here if no one trades for him.. we will not cut him.. he will rot on the bench.. hes getting 1 more shot @ NT hopefully he'll play his way into a contract.. as for a prediction.. im going to wait till we come down from the draft.. i think were going to land a OLB and possibly a NT/DE so i want to see what the roster looks like after that.. Mcnabb may actually be traded when CBA is done if hes willing to redo his contract..

and from what i've gathered from TK and the other insiders LavarLeap and Jsteelz were going after VY...

i made a mock considering we make 2 trades..

Redskins trade the No. 10 pick (1,300 points) to the Buccaneers for Nos. 20 (850) and 51 (390)

Redskins Trade the No. 41 pick (490 points) to Carolina Panthers for Nos. 65 (265) 97(112) and 98 (108)

20 - Cameron Jordan/Justin Houston
51 - Ryan Williams
65- Bruce Carter/Clint Boling (depending on if we go Houston First)
85- Kendrick Ellis
97- Greg Jones
98- Ricky Stanzi
144- Stephen Schilling
155- Rashad Carmichael/Deunta Williams
177- Jake Kirkpatrick/Tim Barnes
213- Derek Hall/Terrance Toliver
224- Alex Henery
253- Chas Henry

get a 3-4DE,RB,OLB,NT,G,C,K,P,ILB,OT/WR,
Word, it'd be fun to watch at least. Until then, all I can say is Rex Grossman is our starter cus McNabb is gone once we get that cba done. Still got bumass Rabach at center and no help outside Trent Williams. Our o-line=medicore

No NT and while we got talented ballers like Orakpo/Landry/Hall/Fletcher, I will never believe Haslett will be the dude to lead them, seeing as how hes one of the worst d-coordinators in the league IMO. sh*t I was prayin we would go at Wade Phillips for that spot

Buttt, you get me Quinn and either Ponder/Ryan Williams and ill def. have a little more hope
 04-20-2011, 10:02 AM         #80
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haslett is ok but when you have NO NT and NO PASSRUSH its hard to run a defense.. give him a year or 2.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy