most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-26-2011, 10:11 AM         #201
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
I don't think Lynch would be happy taking a backup role.. that's just my opinion. Plus I doubt Seattle will let him go.
wouldn't make him the back up. wear them down and split the carries with quick Helu.
 6 years ago '04        #202
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 15522 15522
 Dro889 said:
wouldn't make him the back up. wear them down and split the carries with quick Helu.
True.. but that's contingent upon Seattle letting him go, which I think they won't, especially after his ridiculous season this year.
 12-26-2011, 10:18 AM         #203
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
True.. but that's contingent upon Seattle letting him go, which I think they won't, especially after his ridiculous season this year.
yea thats what i was saying if hes out there. Also any guys you think we should target?
 6 years ago '04        #204
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
...smh....i dont really care...i hope to get shanahan out n get bill cowher in.
 12-26-2011, 12:14 PM         #205
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol Lynch wouldn't want to be a back up or share carries....

Especially off of the season he's having. He'll be back in seattle or on a team that really needs him.
 12-26-2011, 12:20 PM         #206
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 antoniob 321 said:
lol Lynch wouldn't want to be a back up or share carries....

Especially off of the season he's having. He'll be back in seattle or on a team that really needs him.
money and security will make you do things.
 12-30-2011, 12:11 PM         #207
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01-01-2012, 05:57 PM         #208
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
welp its all on RG3 or the Luck wagon..
 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM         #209
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if some of you cats are on the Flynn Wagon then read this blog about him and a break down of his games so far.

I’ve been considering for a few weeks about doing an evaluation of Matt Flynn as a prospective Quarterback for the Washington Redskins. This will be an in-depth post, so it will be lengthy (as is most everything I blog).

I’ve been singing Flynn’s praises for a while now, even before his game against the New England Patriots last season. Anyways who has been following me on Twitter for more than 2 months knows how I feel about this kid and that I’ve been all about bringing him here to Washington. Over at thehogs.net, I’m on record of pushing for him as early as November 15, 2011. I ask that you trust when I say I was a believer in Matt Flynn in the draft and in his collegiate days at LSU.

Now, when I’ve voiced my hope to have Matt Flynn come to Washington, it has always been answered with critics of the philosophy who say, “He’s a backup” or “1 or 2 games isn’t enough to evaluate him.” All but the backup statement are logical. Jamarcus Russell, in hindsight, is a disgraceful athlete. However, in college, in the moment when he was handling business, he was among the very best of the best… money spoiled him. So that alone explains away him backing up Russell. In the NFL, he’s behind Aaron Rodgers, who is without a doubt a top 5 quarterback and a favorite for the MVP this season following a Super Bowl victory. I wouldn’t start any other QB in the league over Aaron Rodgers right now if I had him on my team with my choice of whomever else behind him.

Matt Flynn, coming into college as the #3 rated quarterback in the nation, was sought by a number of schools, most notably, LSU, Alabama, and Purdue. Flynn committed to LSU where a superior athlete (superior to all in college) won the starting job over him to where Flynn had to ride the bench. In fact, every single school who scouted Matt Flynn while he was in high school held him in high regard for his accuracy & ability to make all the throws, ability to extend plays, and his heart/toughness (he was only 6’1, 179 lbs. in his senior year in high school).

In 2005 at LSU, Flynn started the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl in place of Jamarcus Russell and led the Tigers to a 40-3 win against the Miami Hurricanes. In 2006, Russell reassumed the role as starter. In 2007, Flynn was the unquestioned starter of the LSU Tigers and led the team to #1 overall with huge wins during the season… losing to Arkansas in the final week; they fell out of contention until winning the SEC Championship, reinserting them back into the National Championship game. Flynn went on to win player of the game and the national title over Ohio State, completing 19 of 27 passes for 174 yards with 4 TD’s.

So to sum up his collegiate career… he was held back by the athleticism of the guy ahead of him, bided his time, and went on to win a National Championship for the Tigers.

In the NFL, Flynn was drafted in round 7 at pick 209 by the Green Bay Packers. Coming into the draft, there were many things scouts loved about Flynn, but height and inexperience and the fact he rode with a great LSU defense showed up as red flags on their reports. But at the combine, the consensus was that Flynn’s accuracy, release, footwork, and power were all ideal traits. He showed tremendous reaction in drills and was compared to Aaron Rodgers at the time (funny in hindsight, eh?).

Flynn did what Rodgers did, ride the bench. Rodgers was the unanimous starter no matter how good Flynn may have been because they let go of Brett Favre for #12. Flynn didn’t see significant playtime in Green Bay until a game against the New England Patriots in the 2010-11 NFL season, a performance in which Flynn would start chatter elsewhere around the league.

Let it be noted that the Patriots’ defense was not outstanding by any means, but Aaron Rodgers struggled against better defenses during the year with more of his weapons, having lost to the Washington Redskins the week prior. Flynn and the Packers lost, but Flynn’s performance minus a throw at the end to try to keep the Packers in the game that was picked off, was really as good as you could have hoped against a Patriots team fielding eventual league MVP Tom Brady. Flynn was 24 of 37 for 251 yards, 3 TD’s, 1 INT, with a 100.8 rating. That’s about as good a day you can ask out of a backup against Tom Brady in his 2nd year in the league.

Flynn then got 1 start this year, in week 17 of the NFL season after the Packers had locked homefield advantage, against playoff bound division rival Detroit Lions. In the game, Flynn went 31 of 44 for 480 yards, 6 TD’s, 1 INT, with a 136.4 rating. The yardage and TD totals are both Green Bay Packers franchise records. What stood out as more important about Flynn’s performance was that the Packers were playing outside, in Green Bay, in January, in the cold & snow, without the Packers #1 receiver Greg Jennings. Quarterbacks are meant to struggle in cold weather and Flynn succeeded in having an amazing game. Flynn also played a lot of no-huddle, establishing his comprehension of the offense.

Now on to my evaluation and why Flynn would be a wise decision as the quarterback of the Washington Redskins in Mike & Kyle Shanahan’s offense.

Matt Flynn, as his college recruit report and NFL scouting report suggests, is a very accurate passer. He’s very knowledgeable of the offense, has tremendous footwork and speed/mobility, a strong arm and nice touch, and is very good throwing at all levels (short, intermediate, deep). Even more tremendous is his uncanny work-ethic. Coaches and Rodgers have praised Matt Flynn since he was a rookie for his desire to be in every meeting, practice, drill, camp, etc. alongside Rodgers. His preparation is highly touted and anyone who watched his two starts in the NFL know exactly how dedicated he is to studying.

Now to break down Flynn’s game a little more. Flynn is very good at reading defenses before the snap (his TD pass to Jordy Nelson in the redzone is a prime example) and even better at reading defenses following the snap. Flynn is an excellent passer… he throws his receivers open and finds the open receiver, meaning if a guy isn’t open, he’ll get open by Flynn’s accuracy, and if he is open, he’ll be put in position to make an even bigger play. Flynn leads his receivers, which means he controls the game, which means he’s a leader. Flynn also has a back-shoulder throw almost as good as the guy ahead of him, Aaron Rodgers… which is mandatory in moving the chains and making plays on third down or in the red zone.

Flynn also has amazing pocket-presence… his footwork is incredible and he’s good at sensing pressure. He’s mobile & fast, so if he has to get out of the pocket he can. This is also beneficial in the bootleg, because he can get out quick and reset his feet with time to throw or make his decision to run (and he keeps his eyes downfield). He can throw the ball on the screen or to the flat to set up a good run after the catch (something Rex Grossman hasn’t been able to do at any level on the field) and he can throw it 50 yards and hit his receiver in stride. These are ALL translatable qualities, all of which fit what the Shanahan’s look for in a QB, and all of which have been lacking from QB’s in Washington in recent years.

Taking Flynn definitely is a risk, no such thing as a guarantee, and there’s always a chance he could prove to be another Matt Cassel or Kevin Kolb, but I’m willing to reap the rewards if he proves to be the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. He’s more established than any rookie will be (he did play well against the toughest college football defenses in 2007) and has showed he can prepare and play at a high level in the NFL already.

Flynn will come with a price tag, whether it’s through free agency or some kind of sign & trade. He’s an unrestricted free agent though, so chances are he walks. If Green Bay applies a franchise tag to him, it puts them in a precarious position and lowers value on the trade as teams will want to utilize as much time as possible to bring Flynn into their system, one of the things argued as to why Kolb wasn’t solid from the start with Arizona. If it is a sign & trade, I firmly believe Flynn is worth just as much as you’d spend on Luck or RGIII. He’s a 3rd year player (it took Rodgers 3 years to ride the bench and another 3 to win a ring) and was brought in to be the answer in case Rodgers didn’t work out. IMO, it’s worth giving Flynn 3 years while you groom someone else in case he doesn’t work out. I’m definitely willing to bet Flynn makes very few mistakes in comparison to Rex Grossman, who was able to (with makeshift lines, injuries and suspensions to critical players) keep the Redskins in some games and do some good things and will capitalize on opportunities which Rex Grossman didn’t. That’s not mentioning his mobility opening the playbook back up so you can bring the bootleg back to the offense, which is why Shanahan runs the stretch plays with the zone blocking scheme.

And that is why Flynn could be an excellent quarterback in this league, and why the Redskins should pursue him in Free Agency.
 6 years ago '07        #210
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
fu*k that Flynn noise, We needa

1-Fire Haslett and get a real coordinator before people recognize how much he sucks and call for his job next year. Solve the problem early

2-Sit at 6 unless Luck is the target and take BPA, hopefully we dont get fu*ked with Trent Richardson being the only elite talent left

3-Do the same thing we did last year and accumulate depth and more draft picks by moving back with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Build on the youth talent and itll pay off in 2, 3 years

Getting Flynn would be iffy since we dont do well with other teams QBs
 6 years ago '08        #211
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,128 | Props total: 2842 2842
 ttime236 said:

1-Fire Haslett and get a real coordinator before people recognize how much he sucks and call for his job next year. Solve the problem early

2-Sit at 6 unless Luck is the target and take BPA, hopefully we dont get fu*ked with Trent Richardson being the only elite talent left

3-Do the same thing we did last year and accumulate depth and more draft picks by moving back with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Build on the youth talent and itll pay off in 2, 3 years

How about trading back and getting Tannehill? No way Shanny comes back with Rex/Beck and if it's not Luck/RGIII, then who will it be?
 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM         #212
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:

i disagree.. the defense is actually good.. but we play from behind literally the entire game which doesn't allow our defense to truly do what it wants to do.

However, we were 4th in defensive Red Zone TD%, only allowing a TD on 43.9% of the chances
We were 7th in sack percentage, which is pretty damn good ...

Just to give some perspective:

Sack Percentage ranking by Year

2011 - 7th
2010 - 30th
2009 - 5th
2008 - 25th
2007 - 27th
2006 - 32nd
2005 - 24th
2004 - 13th
2003 - 26th
draft for me can go to many different ways.. if RG3,Blackmon,Luck are gone then i can't see anything else other than trading down getting a 2nd rounder and then taking BPA. David DeCastro, Riley Rieff, Dre Kirkpatrick, Michael Floyd. Players like that. Then with our high 2nd rounder take Tannehill.. build build build build build. Also wouldn't mind them trying to snag a 1st rounder for next year.
 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM         #213
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Redskins coaches get to participate in the Senior bowl HUGE for us since all we have drafted is Seniors and now we get to participate in their practices and coach them in a game. HUGE for us imo.
 6 years ago '09        #214
A2P89 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 54 54
reposted:
Resign Fletch, Laron, and Sleepy Fred.
Pursue Peyton/Flynn, Dwayne Bowe(who knows if he'll want to stay in KC, Baldwin/brea$ton stealing his catches, Haley out, Qb carousel,etc..)
Trade 6th pick, Draft decastro(G) and Lamar miller.
If Bowe doesn't sign, fu*k it, draft keenan Allen next year and call it a day
Kyle Shanahan can get anybody open so who cares who the qb is as long as he's accurate and not turnover prone.. plus we need to just hand it to Miller every damn play anyways... no sense in reaching for a quarterback this year if he's not there but we can't afford to be noncompetitive for the 3rd straight season.
 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM         #215
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A2P89 said:
reposted:

Kyle Shanahan can get anybody open so who cares who the qb is as long as he's accurate and not turnover prone.. plus we need to just hand it to Miller every damn play anyways... no sense in reaching for a quarterback this year if he's not there but we can't afford to be noncompetitive for the 3rd straight season.
Ive come to what i think is my final thoughts on what we should do up until FA.

Resign - Laron Landry (pending his price shouldn't be high he loves it here i think)
Resign - London Fletcher - No brainer
Resign - Fred Davis - No brainer
Resign - Tim Hightower - 3 Man rotation with the RBs Helu starting.

Let Carriker walk.

FA Period

- Target Chris Myers (30 years old, but arguably the best center in Football)
- Target Kendall Langford 25 year old DE? ya id take that for the right price
- Target Dwayne Bowe (ONLY if he doesn't ask for to much)
- Target Dan Connor - Guy can step in after this season since Fletch will be like fu*king 39.

Draft.

I really think it comes down to the number 4 spot. If the Browns sign Matt Flynn in the off season then i think this pick is easily up for trade. Que the Dolphins and Seahawks and of course the Redskins coming into the trading situation to try and get RG3. Now the Price for the number 4 pick should not be that steep.

1st
4th
5th
Future 3rd

Now we get our Franchise QB and only lost 1 of our 2 4th and a 5th which can easily be recuperated with a trade down in the 2nd or 3rd round.

R1 - Robert Griffin III, QB
R2 - Kelechi Osemele, G/T (will be trading down here to pick up a 4th and 5th)
R3 - Marvin McNutt WR
R4 - Levy Adcock, OT
R4 - Omar Bolden, CB/Casey Hayward, CB whichever is more physical and can jam his man.
R5 - Ladarius Green, TE
R6 - Greg Childs, WR

QB - Robert Griffin III, John Beck
RB - Roy Helu, Evan Royster, Tim Hightower
FB - Darrel Young
WR - Dwyane Bowe, Santana Moss, Niles Paul, Leonard Hankerson, Marvin McNutt, Greg Childs (Pobably PS), Jabar Gaffney
TE - Fred Davis, Ladarius Green, Chris Cooley (He better take that pay cut)
LT - Trent Williams
LG - Kelechi Osemele, Maurice Hurt
OC - Chris Myers, Will Montgomery
RG - Chris Chester, Kory Lichtensteiger
RT - Levy Adcock

DE/NT - Kendall Langford, Jarvis Jenkins, Stephen Bowen, Barry Cofield, Chris Neild
LBers - Brian Orakpo, Dan Connor, Perry Riley, London Fletcher, Ryan Kerrigan, Rob Jackson, Lorenzo Alexander, Keyaron Fox
DBs - Laron Landry, DeJon Gomes, Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, Casey Hayward,O.J. Atogwe, Kevin Barnes, Brandyn Thompson

K - Gano
P - Rocca

Need another Dlinmen and a back up safety they will prolly keep doughty which i hate. Could use 2 back up tackles to help us. Jammal Brown needs to be cut.
 01-07-2012, 10:26 PM         #216
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but IDK if i can pass up blackmon if he falls to number 6 (which that would never happen)
 6 years ago '07        #217
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,497 | Props total: 43614 43614
my only concerns with blackmon is he is only 6'0 6'1 and is expected to run a 4.6- 4.7 40 :ehh:

not saying you have to be blazing fast to be a good WR. but bad height paired with bad speed (nfl wise) is not that promising imo.

but all i keep hearing is he is a special player. so maybe he is worth it but i am starting to have doubts after i heard that info.

Last edited by st21; 01-07-2012 at 10:32 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #218
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
I've been on Blackmon for a while

but now a lot of Skins fans are jumping on too...that kinda scares me when them dumb fu*ks start jumping on 1 player

Free agency will start before we get anywhere near the draft...once we see where Orton and Flynn go, the draft picture will look a lot clearer
 01-11-2012, 04:00 PM         #219
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Skins getting Blackmon would be the first thing that orginization has done in a decade that would scare me, as a Giants fan...

He ain't gonna be there when yall pick tho, so it really doesn't matter.

Dude is a complete Animal.
 6 years ago '10        #220
unFaDeable 
space
space
$732 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago