"All black kids want to be athletes or entertainers"-Stupidity Barkley

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,312 | Props total: 4736 4736
 kp059 said:
It is all tho? Have u meant any black kids talking bout they wanna b a doctor or lawyer? That's not very appealing to minorities in the Hood..they'd rather do something fun n get paid for it
Posted via Mobile Device
^^^
this.

i went to a mainly minority-filled high school....

not going to lie, i met FEW blacks at my school who wanted to pursue a career NOT consisting of sports and entertainment. in fact the friends who i befriended and who considered themselves black wanted to all become "famous" with their crappy music or become big in sports, thus going to college for the wrong reasons.

yes, there are many people who consider themselves as black who are on the path to greatness. i know a handful of them who are in my current engineering classes in pace to become engineers in a couple of years, but they're the minority of the minorities in the engineering department at my school.

Last edited by pnoi89; 05-02-2010 at 12:13 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #22
killacali86 
space
space
$2,154 | Props total: 19 19
 kp059 said:
It is all tho? Have u meant any black kids talking bout they wanna b a doctor or lawyer? That's not very appealing to minorities in the Hood..they'd rather do something fun n get paid for it
Posted via Mobile Device
i mean, if u in the hood asking 'n*ggas' what they wanna be of course they are not going to say doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, businessmen, and agents. The young black men i a.ssociated myself with in college did however. Now, half of them hinted at getting those payroll jobs to invest some front money for drugs, but its a start.
 05-02-2010, 12:15 AM         #23
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rynell said:
Man coming up I had a Michael Jackson leather jacket with all of the zippers on it and the glove way long before I touched a football, basketball, or a baseball.
lol i remember when i first went to high school. i thought i was gonna be the star pg of the basketball team, get the baddest hoe in the school and make it to the nba someday.

9 years later im on bx everyday and working a dead end job, hating college
 8 years ago '05        #24
killacali86 
space
space
 DrX said:
lol i remember when i first went to high school. i thought i was gonna be the star pg of the basketball team, get the baddest hoe in the school and make it to the nba someday.

dont give up roun. there are 37 year old rookies playing....make it hapn.
 05-02-2010, 12:18 AM         #25
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killacali86 said:
dont give up roun. there are 37 year old rookies playing....make it hapn.
lol i need those magic shoes bow wow wore
 05-02-2010, 12:19 AM         #26
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:

8 years ago '05        #27
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 DrX said:
lol i remember when i first went to high school. i thought i was gonna be the star pg of the basketball team, get the baddest hoe in the school and make it to the nba somebody.

The thing that pisses me off about going to school that it still doesn't promise you the job you feel you deserve. However it does promise you a Student Loan payment. Even after grinding it out in school for four years you still have to chase jobs unless you are lucky and know someone that can hook you up. It's just a reality to check and most youngsters have not gotten to that point yet. They still thinking about going pro or getting that music deal when the chances are very slim for either to happen.
 8 years ago '05        #28
killacali86 
space
space
 rynell said:
The thing that pisses me off about going to school that it still doesn't promise you the job you feel you deserve. However it does promise you a Student Loan payment. Even after grinding it out in school for four years you still have to chase jobs unless you are lucky and know someone that can hook you up. It's just a reality to check and most youngsters have not gotten to that point yet. They still thinking about going pro or getting that music deal when the chances are very slim for either to happen.
networking is key. used to be on my "f**k you, i dont know u" s**t, but when i stopped, everything started opening up. cliche, but its real...its who u know.
 05-02-2010, 12:24 AM         #29
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:

:lachen001: i feel you man, it's tough out there...
 8 years ago '07        #30
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 DrX said:

8 years ago '05        #31
space
space
 DrX said:

Thats called the real world man, some don't have a clue and when it hits em it will hurt. Keep grindin' and stay up and stay positive nothing comes easy when you are doing it the legal way. That's why people do illegal sh*t because they don't want to sacrifice and go to school or work those grimey hours on a dead end job.
 05-02-2010, 12:40 AM         #32
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rynell said:
hell yeah..and the f**ked up part is most jobs want u to have a certain amount of exprience to. lol college is the greatest hustle ever created. i feel really sorry for the people with the bulls**t degrees like a philosophy degree ....
 8 years ago '05        #33
space
space
 DrX said:
hell yeah..and the f**ked up part is most jobs want u to have a certain amount of exprience to. lol college is the greatest hustle ever created. i feel really sorry for the people with the bulls**t degrees like a philosophy degree ....
Man agreed I'm speaking from experience on thatBut if you can't get that job in the field you majored in, you have to suck it up and try pursuing jobs in other fields as well. That experience sh*t k!lls memuthaphucka I just spent four years gettin' this piece of paper so I have four years of experience.
 8 years ago '05        #34
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,294 | Props total: 1106 1106
Barkley once again speaking the truth

The majority of wealthy blacks on TV happen to be in Sports or Entertainment
So that is what the youth dream of growing up to be

Sad as it is that is reality
 8 years ago '05        #35
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 70 70
why want to be a cop, firef!ghter, or teacher for 40k a year when i can get a league minimum and make 500k.
americans love entertainment. thats where the moneys at
 8 years ago '05        #36
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 70 70
what black kid watches cnn over espn?
 8 years ago '05        #37
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,294 | Props total: 1106 1106
 MATIX said:
why want to be a cop, firef!ghter, or teacher for 40k a year when i can get a league minimum and make 500k.
americans love entertainment. thats where the moneys at
Are u serious??

The odds of making the NBA or any professional league are incredibly small

Same with entertainers, not everyone can just decide to become famous and make it happen

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be athletes or entertainers but after a certain age you should have a backup plan or atleast realize if that dream is possible or not

The problem is most of the youth dont have no backup plan and when they realize they cant be in the league or in movies they end up in a dead end job making nothing or on the streets
 8 years ago '04        #38
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
its real talk..

but i think this can be said for 90% of all kids not just black
 8 years ago '05        #39
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I mean, I wanted to be playing in the NBA, but I realized I'm 1) school smart, and 2) not nearly good enough. It's not a lie at all, he probably should have kept it to himself though.
 05-02-2010, 04:44 AM         #40
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He also said are brainwashed.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 05-02-2010 at 04:54 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
349 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy