Damn!! Is all I can say
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
JMM by KO 4 50.00%
JMM by Decision 4 50.00%
Draw 0 0%
JD by KO 0 0%
JD by Decision 0 0%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
10771 pageviews
196 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz II[7-31-10][HBO-PPV]

[pic - click to view]

Full Card:

[pic - click to view]

http://boxrec.com/show_di .. show_id=598580

Streams:

[pic - click to view]

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast .. ?matchid=82573

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. az-ii-1376030/

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. pirog-1399089/

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. rrero-1399091/

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. nares-1400857/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 07-31-2010 at 08:07 PM..

196 comments for "Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz II[7-31-10][HBO-PPV]"

7 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
next big match up
 7 years ago '06        #3
jj01 
space
space
$44,986 | Props total: 4710 4710
diaz is a bum ehhh i thought this was going to be on regular hbo.
 7 years ago '04        #4
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,069 | Props total: 1507 1507
 7 years ago '06        #6
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 264 264
I got Marquez by KO. Their first f!ght was very good. I don't think this one will be on that level. I mean this guy lost to Paulie "no punching power" Malignaggi in his last f!ght. He seemed out of shape. I know he mentioned that he was going to college. I think Diaz had one too many cervezas.
 7 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30526 30526
Does Marquez still drink his own urine? Or has he... uh, moved on to something more.... potent?
 7 years ago '04        #8
Romello 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 199 199
Diaz Got This One If Anyone watched the 1st f!ght Marquez Ate Alot Of Glove And It was damn near a slugfest and anyone could have got knocked out at the punching rate these two were putting out. Juan diaz Slipped up and let those uppercuts breakthrough....This f!ght i say 11 Tko Marquez has been through alot and although he has heart i don't see that 38 year old body holding up

171 - 101 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 62% 26 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 94-64, Rank #38 | Aug 16: 123-62, Rank #51 | Aug 15: 151-85, Rank #68 | Aug 14: 183-93, Rank #36 | Aug 13: 161-81, Rank #26 | Aug 12: 54-34, Rank #83 | Aug 11: 2-4, Rank #958 *
 7 years ago '06        #9
space
space
Q&A: Juan Diaz

By Ricardo Conde

Golden Boy

Former unified WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO world lightweight champion Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz (35-3, 17 KOs) of Houston, TX will take on current WBO and WBA world lightweight champion Juan Manuel “Dinamita” Marquez (50-5-1, 37 KOs) of Mexico in a 12-round bout in the main event of “f!ght of the Year: The Rematch” on Saturday July 31st at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV which will be televised live on pay-per-view. We had a moment to sit down and talk to Juan Diaz as he prepares for his upcoming f!ght with Marquez and here’s what he had to say:

Give us your thoughts on this rematch against Marquez, do you see the f!ght going all 12 rounds, what’s your prediction on the f!ght and what’s your opinion of him?

Marquez is one of those f!ghters that are very smart and a very intelligent f!ghter in the ring. So I have to be equally as smart as he is because if I’m not then obviously the same thing is going to happen like last time. I know it’s going to be a very hard f!ght and for this f!ght I’ve been training extremely hard and I definitely want to win the f!ght but I want to return the favor and punish him for twelve rounds.

How is training camp going and are you doing anything different in this camp that you didn’t do for your previous f!ght with Marquez and with only a couple weeks until the f!ght, how do you feel at this point?

Training camp has been great. I’m very excited and ready for this f!ght. I’ve been training extremely hard and we’ve been doing some adjustments in the gym to avoid anything bad from happening in this second f!ght. I’m just very exited and ready for the 31st to get here.

Having fought Marquez once already, what are some of the things you learned in the first f!ght that helped you prepare for the rematch?

Well, one of the things that we’ve been working on is not to square up with him because if I square up in front of him he’ll definitely be able to connect with some good punches and that’s one of the things I’ve been working on, is not squaring up against him and giving him an easy target in this f!ght.

Both you and Marquez are coming off losses, how important is it to you to win this f!ght and what kind of statement are you looking to make in this f!ght with Marquez?

It’s very important for me to win this f!ght if I want to move on to bigger and better things and the statement I want to make is that I want to shock all the critics and the naysayers because there’s a lot of people who doubt and don’t believe that I’m going to beat Marquez. Everybody has Marquez winning and they’re already talking about him f!ghting other guys. So what I want to do is shock everybody in this f!ght and I’m going to show them, I’m going to beat Juan Manuel Marquez on the 31st.

You have a very tough a.ssignment on July 31st, but should you get past Marquez, who would you like to face next?

I don’t have anybody in mind in particular because I’m really focused and concentrated on this f!ght because I know this f!ght opens up a lot of doors and a lot of possibilities and without this f!ght it closes a lot of doors and opportunities so I’m definitely focused on Juan Manuel Marquez and nobody else at this time.

In your last f!ght you moved up to junior welterweight, do you have any plans on moving back up to 140 or will you be staying at lightweight for the remainder of your career?

No, I tried it once and I wasn’t as successful as I wanted to be so I think I’m going to finish off my career at lightweight.

You’ve had some very tough opponents throughout your career like Marquez of course, Malignaggi, Michael Katsidis, and Nate Campbell, in your opinion who do you feel has been your toughest opponent so far and why?

I guess my toughest opponent to date would be earlier in my career, a guy by the name of Ubaldo Hernandez. He’s been the guy who’s been one of my toughest opponents and had me seriously hurt more than once in the f!ght.

You’re signed with Oscar De La Hoya’s, Golden Boy Promotions; tell us a little bit about that and how you it has helped your career?

Golden Boy has been a great a.sset to my career because obviously they’re one of the top promoting companies in the sport and with Oscar De La Hoya’s recognition and the way his company has grown tremendously it has enabled me to get f!ghts on HBO back to back and stay on top of my game.

Most people aren’t aware that you started your professional boxing career at the age of 16, won your first world title at age 20 and became the unified lightweight champion at age 24, having accomplished so much early on, what are some of the things that helped you stay focused and helped you become so successful in the ring at such a young age?

I believe that having both of my parents and Willie Savannah staying on top of me and making sure that I do the right things and stay humble, I think that’s what has really helped me to be so successful in the sport.

You’ve also been very successful outside of the ring as well, having graduated from the University of Houston with a Bachelor’s degree in political science and now joining law school, what made you decide to want to become a lawyer?

Well, when I was a little boy my mom always wanted me to be a lawyer and my dad always a boxer and I think that I’ve accomplished that goal for my dad and I thought now its time to give something to my mom as well. I want to let people know that school is very important; school opens up a lot of doors. I think and I believe that school opened up a lot of doors for me, being successful as a professional boxer and being shown on ESPN, HBO and Showtime also helped a lot. I think that because I was able to speak very well and conduct myself in a professional manner, I believe that’s why a lot of doors opened up for me and not only that I have politicians, lawyers, doctors that I’m friends with and are always interested in doing business with me and for the teenagers out there I want to let them know that school opens up a lot of doors and opportunities and it’s a way to better themselves in there lives.

In closing, is there anything you would like to tell your fans?

I want to let them know that even though its already the middle of the year that the year is just starting for me in my boxing career and I know there’s a lot of great things that are about to happen after the 31st and as always I want to thank all the “Baby Bull” fans for their support and come out and watch me on the 31st, its going to be a great f!ght.
 7 years ago '05        #11
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 stogz said:
Does Marquez still drink his own urine? Or has he... uh, moved on to something more.... potent?

I got Juan Manuel winning by decision
 7 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30526 30526
 PLAYERIZM said:

I got Juan Manuel winning by decision

I bet he has the worst breath....
 7 years ago '06        #13
space
space

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 07-29-2010 at 07:41 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #16
jj01 
space
space
$44,986 | Props total: 4710 4710
thought b hop was on the outs with gbp?
 7 years ago '08        #19
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,464 | Props total: 594 594
Marquez looks ripped at this weight.... Diaz is going to get beat badly.
 7 years ago '05        #20
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 Fishscale said:

[pic - click to view]

these 2 look like their bout 2 makeout
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy