I would like to Re-visit the 2005-2006 NBA MVP race...

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
22 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-01-2010, 04:05 PM         #41
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
please show me the last time a 7th seeded team had an mvp. No matter what your stats are if your team is 7th seed, you should not be an mvp. Nash numbers are better anyway

19 pg and 10 ast on 51% shooting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>35.4 ppg on 45% shooting
 05-01-2010, 04:16 PM         #42
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Suns played so up tempo all of the stats are inflated compared to normal teams.

Nash should of never been an MVP candidate, if you play 0 defense your name should not be mentioned.
 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM         #43
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone knows Shaq/Kobe should have been MVP in those back to back years. They had to let the whiteboy have it though.
 8 years ago '08        #44
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
So yall just gonna pretend like Lebron didnt deserve MVP over both them!!!

Lebron 06 stats
31.4ppg
7rpg
6.6apg
1.6stl
48%fg
50 wins with a s**tty and injured squad
 05-01-2010, 05:12 PM         #45
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
So yall just gonna pretend like Lebron didnt deserve MVP over both them!!!

Lebron 06 stats
31.4ppg
7rpg
6.6apg
1.6stl
48%fg
50 wins with a s**tty and injured squad
Kobe gettin 45 wins with Kwame and Smush in a stacked west>LBJ getting 50 wins in the sorry a.ss east
 8 years ago '08        #46
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 antdog said:
Everyone knows Shaq/Kobe should have been MVP in those back to back years. They had to let the whiteboy have it though.
PLEASE tell me how Shaq should have won it over Nash
 05-01-2010, 05:15 PM         #47
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
but they beat the lakers that year so whats your point stanley

and i say kobe's 35 per a game are inflated because that ball hogg was taking 30 shots per game

Explain the defense part then? Oh wait you can't...

@ people who are just gimicks
 8 years ago '05        #48
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 P. Dedos said:
awwwwwww finga bryant only has one

Aren't you the one that is always crying about regular season MVP not meaning s**t and it's about the finals MVP?

Well, Kobe has more final MVP's than Nash and Lebron combined.
 8 years ago '08        #49
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 antdog said:
Kobe gettin 45 wins with Kwame and Smush in a stacked west>LBJ getting 50 wins in the sorry a.ss east
The west was not stacked that year, the nuggets won their division with 44 wins so dont even try that argument.
 05-01-2010, 05:22 PM         #50
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
The west was not stacked that year, the nuggets won their division with 44 wins so dont even try that argument.
so you saying the East>West that year
 8 years ago '08        #51
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 antdog said:
so you saying the East>West that year
Did I say that? That just shows you lost the argument when you resort to putting words in people mouth. The west was a lil better, but not how you and the rest of the Kobe stans wanna make it out to be. Yall love to brag about 50 win teams in the west yet that year both conferences only had 3.
 8 years ago '06        #52
kip99 
space
space
space
$604 | Props total: 2 2
 TheG1ftedOne said:
I want to know why Steve Nash won over Kobe?

[pic - click to view]

Kobe's 2005-2006 season:
35.4 PPG, 5 Reb, 4.5 a.ssists, 2 stls, 45% FG, 85% FT
1st team All-NBA
1st team All-Defense (I guess people forgot about this)
All-star Starter
81 point game
Averaged 43 PPG for a whole month

Team Record: 45-37 (7 seed in the West)

Kobe had absolutely no help on this team, he basically took a bunch of bench warmers on his own and STILL led his team to a playoff berth in the West, at the 7 seed. Thats all that really needs to be said. Kobe was easily the more valuble player, if you take him off that team, they would have been one of the worst teams in the league. The same cant be said for Nash. If your team makes the playoffs and you are THAT good for your team, I dont care what your record is, if you make the playoffs in the West, you should be considered for MVP no matter what seed. It would be different if Kobe put those numbers up on a 20-62 team, but he put them up on a 7 seed playoff team. That's the different between a great player and an MVP.

[pic - click to view]

Steve Nash's 2005-2006 season:
19 PPG, 4 Reb, 10.5 a.ssists, 1 stl, 51% FG, 92% FT
1st team All-NBA
All-star starter
22 a.ssist game

Team Record: 54-28 (2 seed in the West)

Steve Nash had a very good season but I want to know why his was better than Kobe's to the point he won MVP. Steve Nash's numbers are inflated becuase of the system he played in. He averaged about 7 a.ssists per game until he came to the Suns, where he averages about 11 a.ssists per game. He even played alongside another all-star in Shawn Marion. The MVP for Nash HAD to be based on his offensive numbers becuase he or his team played no defense, and if that is so, they didnt take into account the offense Nash plays in. The Suns won 9 more games than the lakers, but again, they had 2 all-star players, and some very good role players. If you would have given Kobe another all-star that year, they are winning more than 54 games, period.

I just would like to know what Nash did over Kobe that got him the MVP. Kobe had a better offensive and defensive season, clearly. The Suns won 9 more games than the Lakers but we have to take into account supporting casts, which is opinion and judgement. Like I said, Lakers still made the playoffs as a 7 seed, its not like Kobe was putting up those numbers on a bad team.

(P.S.) If Kevin Durant put those numbers up this year, he would have easily won MVP and his team was an 8 seed this year. They were already talking about him being a strong MVP canidate, and if he would have put up Kobe numbers, he would have EASILY gotten the MVP. I'm just sayin
didn't dwayne wade just do the same s**t last year with way more scrubs than kobe ever had on his team and didn't get mvp they gave it to lebron so why are we having this convo if anybody got cheated it was wade he was avg way better numbers than lebron plus had a sorry a.ss heat team and still made the playoffs mvp was supposed to be wades just like this years mvp should have been kevin durants did you see the turnaround from last year record
 8 years ago '06        #53
kip99 
space
space
space
 I'm The Dan said:
Aren't you the one that is always crying about regular season MVP not meaning s**t and it's about the finals MVP?

Well, Kobe has more final MVP's than Nash and Lebron combined.
well he doesn't have more than wade and wade got his first hehe
 8 years ago '06        #54
kip99 
space
space
space
 Main Event said:
PLEASE tell me how Shaq should have won it over Nash
that first year shaq beasted with the heat check his stats it was shaqs mvp true enough he got robbed
 8 years ago '08        #55
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 kip99 said:
that first year shaq beasted with the heat check his stats it was shaqs mvp true enough he got robbed
The Heat went to the playoffs THE YEAR BEFORE HE GOT TO THE HEAT hell they made the 2nd round before they got Shaq....The Suns won 29 games and finished in 6th place in the pacific division before Nash and the next year won 62 and were in 1st place in the western the biggest turn around in NBA history...Ya you're right lets give it to Shaq
 05-01-2010, 05:46 PM         #56
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just don't like giving a MVP to someone who plays no defense...
 05-01-2010, 05:48 PM         #57
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who cares. The only things that matter are championships won and Finals MVPs.
 8 years ago '06        #58
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
I can guarantee you Kobe don't give a s**t about this MVP award.. There's only one trophy that matters in this league & Kobe's been a part in earning 4 of them.
 05-01-2010, 05:58 PM         #59
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Did I say that? That just shows you lost the argument when you resort to putting words in people mouth. The west was a lil better, but not how you and the rest of the Kobe stans wanna make it out to be. Yall love to brag about 50 win teams in the west yet that year both conferences only had 3.
it wasn't a little better like you claim it to be though. The East was one team deep. MIA really wasn't that strong of a squad.
 8 years ago '07        #60
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,847 | Props total: 13 13
racisim
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
293 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy