I would like to Re-visit the 2005-2006 NBA MVP race...

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10696 10696
 P. Dedos said:
can somebody please show me when a 7th seed team had the MVP

go ahead ill wait

if thats the case then flash got robbed last season for his MVP award

theres no conspiracy against finga bryant and the great ratings that the lakers bring in to the nba

agreed...wade beat lebron acroos the board on everything except rebounds.And the heat had the worst record in the league the year before without wade and made it to the playoffs the next
 8 years ago '06        #22
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #23
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
this debate been played out, we heard it all by know... nash won cause he was white and the media hated bryant blah blah.....bottom line is they don't give the mvp to a player with a #7 seed... just doesn't happen right or wrong.... get over it

nash made marion a 4 time all star, he deserves at least 1 of them mvps for that alone
Marion was an all star before Nash got there same with Amare.
 8 years ago '09        #24
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 P. Dedos said:
yes and so and so forth

even the one kobe actually has shouldnt be his

this award is for the top seeds of the confrence plain and simple

THE GOAT put up 37 ppg shooting 50% on season and he didnt win it conspiracy!!
Yeah and his team also was under .500 Cant use that argument.

But damn I went to take a shower and this thing 2 pages already?

Thanks P Dot... for your contribution to this thread
 8 years ago '09        #25
space
space
 modalee81 said:
 8 years ago '08        #26
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,741 | Props total: 11629 11629
 modalee81 said:
Amare never made the All Star team before Nash got there
 8 years ago '09        #27
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 philly337 said:
lol let's revistit 07-08 mvp....i want to know why kobe won over chris paul

paul (56-26)
21.1 ppg, 11.6 apg, 4 rpg, 2.7 spg, 49% fg%, 36% 3pt%

lead league in a.ssists ANNNDDD steals

all na 1st team and all defensive second team (bulls**t haha..first team easily)

bryant (57-25)
28.3 ppg, 5.4 apg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 spg, 46% fg%, 36% 3pt%

all nba first team and all defensive first team (paul > kobe on defense that year not even close)

and kobe as u see now has wayyyyyyy better players around him

yea nobody talking about that..that n*ggas hands down deserved that s**t
 05-01-2010, 02:09 PM         #28
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
note: nash won back to back mvp's the summer after bird was interviewed b**ching there are no white superstars in the league anymore, i'm not for conspiracy's but this one was quite ironic
 8 years ago '06        #29
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
Amare never made the All Star team before Nash got there
This is true but he was putting up 21ppg and 9rpg BEFORE Nash got there. All Nash did was get to a team with two all star caliber players and played a hyper paced offense that won regular season games. If you replaced Nash with J Kidd or any other top pg at the time they would have done the same s**t.
 8 years ago '09        #30
space
space
 philly337 said:
lol let's revistit 07-08 mvp....i want to know why kobe won over chris paul

paul (56-26)
21.1 ppg, 11.6 apg, 4 rpg, 2.7 spg, 49% fg%, 36% 3pt%

lead league in a.ssists ANNNDDD steals

all na 1st team and all defensive second team (bulls**t haha..first team easily)

bryant (57-25)
28.3 ppg, 5.4 apg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 spg, 46% fg%, 36% 3pt%

all nba first team and all defensive first team (paul > kobe on defense that year not even close)

and kobe as u see now has wayyyyyyy better players around him
Im not saying Paul should have won it over Kobe but Paul put up some good numbers and could have very easily won the award, it was very close between him and Kobe. The Kobe and Nash one however, is not this close.
 8 years ago '09        #31
space
space
 modalee81 said:
This is true but he was putting up 21ppg and 9rpg BEFORE Nash got there. All Nash did was get to a team with two all star caliber players and played a hyper paced offense that won regular season games. If you replaced Nash with J Kidd or any other top pg at the time they would have done the same s**t.
You saw what Chris Duhon did in D'Antoni's system

Case Closed
 8 years ago '09        #32
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
i rather do that then blow a 3-1 series lead against the team with the MVP on it

I'd rather make the playoffs than be under .500

I'd rather be up 3-1 with a bunch of benchwarmers than be under .500
 8 years ago '08        #33
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 modalee81 said:
So were gonna pretend we didnt have the same team minus QRich and Nash the year before and won 28 games? Why wasnt Baron Davis dropping the same amount of a.ssists as Nash the year they upset Dallas with a roster of Monte,SJack,JRich,Al Harrington, and Dunleavy.....Stop this f**kery i could say thesame thing about Kobe put Wade on that Lakers team he puts up the same numbers and gets a 7 seed in the west
 8 years ago '06        #34
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,892 | Props total: 2723 2723
I can make the argument of why in 2007-2008 did Kobe win the award over LeBron when James had better stats? Or why didnt Dwyane Wade win it over LeBron last year when he had better stats?

Maybe because its not all about stats.

Like someone point it out. Suns lost three key players and Nash carried that team like no one else could.

Threadstarter must be mad that LeBron won his second straight MVP. Even Jordan didnt get the MVP putting up better numbers than what Kobe did.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 05-01-2010 at 02:22 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #35
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
You saw what Chris Duhon did in D'Antoni's system

Case Closed
Duhon averaged 5 a.ssists this year

Last edited by Main Event; 05-01-2010 at 02:25 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #36
Jnunez21 
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 8 8
 TheG1ftedOne said:
I want to know why Steve Nash won over Kobe?

[pic - click to view]

Kobe's 2005-2006 season:
35.4 PPG, 5 Reb, 4.5 a.ssists, 2 stls, 45% FG, 85% FT
1st team All-NBA
1st team All-Defense (I guess people forgot about this)
All-star Starter
81 point game
Averaged 43 PPG for a whole month

Team Record: 45-37 (7 seed in the West)

Kobe had absolutely no help on this team, he basically took a bunch of bench warmers on his own and STILL led his team to a playoff berth in the West, at the 7 seed. Thats all that really needs to be said. Kobe was easily the more valuble player, if you take him off that team, they would have been one of the worst teams in the league. The same cant be said for Nash. If your team makes the playoffs and you are THAT good for your team, I dont care what your record is, if you make the playoffs in the West, you should be considered for MVP no matter what seed. It would be different if Kobe put those numbers up on a 20-62 team, but he put them up on a 7 seed playoff team. That's the different between a great player and an MVP.

[pic - click to view]

Steve Nash's 2005-2006 season:
19 PPG, 4 Reb, 10.5 a.ssists, 1 stl, 51% FG, 92% FT
1st team All-NBA
All-star starter
22 a.ssist game

Team Record: 54-28 (2 seed in the West)

Steve Nash had a very good season but I want to know why his was better than Kobe's to the point he won MVP. Steve Nash's numbers are inflated becuase of the system he played in. He averaged about 7 a.ssists per game until he came to the Suns, where he averages about 11 a.ssists per game. He even played alongside another all-star in Shawn Marion. The MVP for Nash HAD to be based on his offensive numbers becuase he or his team played no defense, and if that is so, they didnt take into account the offense Nash plays in. The Suns won 9 more games than the lakers, but again, they had 2 all-star players, and some very good role players. If you would have given Kobe another all-star that year, they are winning more than 54 games, period.

I just would like to know what Nash did over Kobe that got him the MVP. Kobe had a better offensive and defensive season, clearly. The Suns won 9 more games than the Lakers but we have to take into account supporting casts, which is opinion and judgement. Like I said, Lakers still made the playoffs as a 7 seed, its not like Kobe was putting up those numbers on a bad team.

(P.S.) If Kevin Durant put those numbers up this year, he would have easily won MVP and his team was an 8 seed this year. They were already talking about him being a strong MVP canidate, and if he would have put up Kobe numbers, he would have EASILY gotten the MVP. I'm just sayin
in my opinion its because people still hated kobe for being selfish and the alleged r*pe...but most importantly, nash also had no help when his team was down and out...they had a better record than the lakers and i think that was the year they came back from being down 3-1 to the lakers in the playoffs n still won....i did think kobe deserved it cuz he had absolutely no team that year but it is what it is...nash was also balling out that year
 8 years ago '09        #37
space
space
 Main Event said:
Duhon averaged 5 a.ssists this year
last year he put up career numbers in both pts and a.ssists (11 and 7) and everybody knows he's boo boo

He didnt play much this year becuase he is a.ss
 8 years ago '08        #38
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
last year he put up career numbers in both pts and a.ssists (11 and 7) and everybody knows he's boo boo

He didnt play much this year becuase he is a.ss
So a 2 a.ssists increase really makes this just so undisputed right That n*gga put up 5 a.ssists a game in Chicago and how are you gonna say he didnt play much when played the 2nd most minutes he's played in his career this year...Why wasnt Baron Davis dropping 10 a.ssists a game in Golden St

I love how Marion gets hype like Odom wasnt dropping 20 and 11 during the playoffs that year pretty much the same numbers Marion put up

Last edited by Main Event; 05-01-2010 at 02:48 PM..
 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM         #39
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trap$tar said:
I can make the argument of why in 2007-2008 did Kobe win the award over LeBron when James had better stats? Or why didnt Dwyane Wade win it over LeBron last year when he had better stats?

Maybe because its not all about stats.

Like someone point it out. Suns lost three key players and Nash carried that team like no one else could.

Threadstarter must be mad that LeBron won his second straight MVP. Even Jordan didnt get the MVP putting up better numbers than what Kobe did.
He lost 3 key players but still had players on the bench that might of started above some of the Lakers

I agree with the idea that just because someone wins the scoring title or whatever doesn't make them the MVP. But he went above that, 43 for a month? 35 for a season with that team? I think if someone does something so much above the norm that it needs to be recognized. The cookie cutter MVP is the best player on the best team, but sometimes a players performance should force an exception.
 8 years ago '08        #40
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
This n*gga said we wouldnt have been one of the worst teams in the NBA without Nash in 05-06 when were were one of the worst teams in the NBA 2 years before with Amare,Marion, and Joe

Our Starting lineup would have been

PG:Barbosa (Who missed 25games and isnt a true PG)
SG:Bell
SF:Marion
PF: Diaw(a 1st year starter who dropped a whomping 4 points a game a season before)
C:Thomas (Who missed 29 games and the playoffs)

with a bench of Eddie House and James Jones

Please tell me the 2 All Stars Nash played with that year, nobody even f**kin heard of Diaw until he got to the Suns

Last edited by Main Event; 05-01-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy