Apr 28 - Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It"

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
119 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,792 | Props total: 674 674
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
as far as the speaking english part goes, I think he's right. I mean if I was in China trying to drive a car I wouldn't know what the f**k I was doing.

SO I say drivers tests should be in English, of every street sign, traffic sign, etc should be in English, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian.

Which one would be more economical?

what about directions, signs, roads, caution signals, etc? Driving is a lot more than operating a motor vehicle. You ever took a cab in Mexico or Costa Rica? Those mother f**kers don't know how to drive worth s**t.
the test isnt gonna have a stop sign without the word STOP on it even if the test is in a different language
signs, directions, roads, caution signals???

signs - how often do u take the time to read STOP on that big red octogon? or yield on the upside down red triangle? if i go driving in mexico im gonna be able to recognize when to stop, as someone would be able to do here. and if they cant then they shouldnt have been able to pass the drivers test.

directions, roads - im going to guess the individual knows where they are going and since road names arent actual significant and are just words to represent that specific road. just like when i went to montreal and my hotel was on 'such and such french road'. without knowing french i looked at the map and found 'such and such french road'. s**t aint that hard and has nothing to do with fluency in the language.

PS if you were in china and couldnt figure out how to drive, then you shouldnt be driving period. speed limit is listed, stop signs are big red octogons (some even say stop) and most signs are in english too
 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM         #62
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree

when I visit places overseas I make sure I'm at least familiar with the language of where I'm visiting
 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM         #63
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is America, we don't just speak English we have no official language...

Also if you are someone who learned the language you would still struggle to really comprehend certain sentences and what a question is really asking. This is asking people to not just know the language but to be really fluent in it. Some people who came to the country legally and learned the language might still have problems with a test in English.

But then again

they took our jobs eh?
 8 years ago '04        #64
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
you n*ggas are taking this s**t too far.

yeah, it's easy for y'all to say "well they better learn english"

but not everyone's situation is the same brothers.... 40+ year old immigrant families coming in to a new territory trying to learn a different language is something pretty hard to do. Yeah, they should try to learn english, if this was japan, they should try to learn japanese but because not everyone is the same, not everyone can learn another language, let alone somebody who is of that age.

My mom came into this country at age 35, she understands english but she can't speak it very well. And she tried; went to Miami Dade community college for 2 years and with a personal teacher... She learned it well enough to pass the citizenship test and all that but she can't hold a conversation for too long. But regardless, she has her own business and makes well over 70k a year. She's a true testament that you can get do pretty well without speaking the language correctly.

Don't get on somebody because they can't speak english well. Remember this is an immigrant country, everybody in this place came from another place. It's not like the new immigrants are taking your tax money or anything like that.

As long as immigrants do their things right like work honestly, pay their things, keep their yards clean, be respectful and just act like good citizens, i'm cool with that. I don't give a f**k if they japanese, chinese, mexican or latino and they can't speak a bit of english.
 8 years ago '05        #65
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i co-sign his sentiments

i can't stand when i'm at work, trying to help somebody who actually speaks NO English

i don't really mind it if they're not fluent, but jesus christ, there's people who i know for a FACT have lived here for more than 5 years that don't speak a f**king word of English other than 'no'

and most of them are on some sort of government a.ssistance

it pisses me off that i make barely enough to scrape by some months, that i pay my taxes every year, and people who don't even speak the language that the majority of this country speak get benefits that i 'don't qualify for'

motherf**kers working at Rio Grande making $6 an hour under the table for 8 hours plus $100 a night in tips are making more money than me, not paying taxes on it, and still getting food stamps

and no, that's not a random racist poke at Hispanic people, that's a real restaurant and a real situation
 8 years ago '07        #66
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Alot of "saving" going on in this thread. I'm all for everyone coming here for a better life, but at least TRY to learn English. Seems like I can't go anywhere nowadays without struggling to communicate with an immigrant that works in one of these corner stores. It's funny how people think they shouldn't learn English but it's damn near mandatory now for US citizens to be bi-lingual. What kind of backwards s**t is that? My grandfather moved here from Jamaica. He was Cuban/Panamanian but was raised in Jamaica. His first language was spanish. Guess what he did when he got here? LEARNED HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH. Let's stop with the hand holding and be real.
 8 years ago '04        #67
smiles 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,290 | Props total: 58 58
 NORTE said:
its ignorant to think everybody is like you and your family. everybody has different situations buddy for instance if your being taken advatage of and exploited for your work and you have to work 80+ hours a week just to survive with no days off all. Just to barely get by and support you and your family then you just may not have enough time to learn that shi-t. so whose to blame? the government! oh and sorry but that fact still stands no matter how you justify it there is no official language because the usa was based on immigration and they specifically decided not to make one for a reason. quit with the complete ignorant justifications. and just cause you use vulgaritiy to defend yourself and make yourself look harder or better doesnt mean your right smart people can see right through your ignorant bullshi-t.
you are a very, very small minded person, I would make a long winded tirade dissecting every piece of nonsense you have written here but frankly I donít care enough to, nor would my labor be fruitful.... The moral of the story is if I get into an accident with someone I need them to understand what an 'insurance card' is... I need them to be able to call the police if they see an accident somewhere.... I need them to be able to read route re-directions or anything else besides a big red octagon.... what I don't need is a five car pileup where one dude speaks Urdu, one speaks chinese, one french and one spanish and me in the middle praying for a bolt of lightning to strike me where I stand......

frankly my friend everyone who reads these posts, whose first language is not english knows what i'm saying when I say that most people that live for years in a country without learning the bare necessities of the language are not forced into it through some gross cicrcumstance, they do so consciously....
 8 years ago '04        #68
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 smiles said:
you are a very, very small minded person, I would make a long winded tirade dissecting every piece of nonsense you have written here but frankly I donít care enough to, nor would my labor be fruitful.... The moral of the story is if I get into an accident with someone I need them to understand what an 'insurance card' is... I need them to be able to call the police if they see an accident somewhere.... I need them to be able to read route re-directions or anything else besides a big red octagon.... what I don't need is a five car pileup where one dude speaks Urdu, one speaks chinese, one french and one spanish and me in the middle praying for a bolt of lightning to strike me where I stand......

frankly my friend everyone who reads these posts, whose first language is not english knows what i'm saying when I say that most people that live for years in a country without learning the bare necessities of the language are not forced into it through some gross cicrcumstance, they do so consciously....
:applause::applause:
 8 years ago '04        #69
TNWTMP 
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 13 13
f**k it man, ill go a step further. If you want to live in America, learn the f**king English language. If those muhf**kas mess up my order at McDonalds one more time man im calling Tim James.
 04-30-2010, 01:50 AM         #70
Clipse36 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Alot of "saving" going on in this thread. I'm all for everyone coming here for a better life, but at least TRY to learn English. Seems like I can't go anywhere nowadays without struggling to communicate with an immigrant that works in one of these corner stores. It's funny how people think they shouldn't learn English but it's damn near mandatory now for US citizens to be bi-lingual. What kind of backwards s**t is that? My grandfather moved here from Jamaica. He was Cuban/Panamanian but was raised in Jamaica. His first language was spanish. Guess what he did when he got here? LEARNED HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH. Let's stop with the hand holding and be real.
real s**t
 8 years ago '06        #71
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
so awesome
 8 years ago '05        #72
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,425 | Props total: 25057 25057
....I Find It f**k Up That People Are Getting Upset Over This. If You Went To Live In Mexico,They Would Want You To Speak Spanish. Its The Same Here....Just Learn The Damn Language,Thats It.

Why Must America Be Force To Learn A New Language For A Job Cause Illegals Done Flooded The Scene? Why? I Mean Thats f**k Up. Make Them Learn English & We Have No Problem. Thats It...

Tired Of Muthafuccas f**king Up My Order Too At The Drive-Thru...

ima80baby said:
This^. I love all Hispanic folks, english and non english speakers. But I do feel that you need to learn the language if you don't know. Hell, 4 years ago when I was looking for a job on craigslist, careerbuilder, monster damn near everything on there said you had to be bi-lingual. Why? This is America. The majority speak English. If I were to go to Yugoslavia and try to live I'd be f**ked like a stray dog in Chinatown.

Cephalotripsy said:
I don't see anything wrong with these...this is america...we speak english. When I went to germany I didn't expect them to speak my language so I carried around a dictionary.

Vincent_Chase said:
this is orignally the mexicans and indians country anyway, not the white man lol
....Indians Land,Homie. Not The Mexicans,It Belongs To The Indians. The Mexicans Aint Nothing But The Bastard r*pe Child Between Indians & Spaniards. I Dont See Mexicans Taking Up The Ways Of The Indians. They Follow By What Spaniards Have Showed & Taught Them and As I Remember The White Man Was A Spaniard Back In Those Times As Well

This The Indians Land....I
 8 years ago '04        #73
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 82 82
Whats funny to me is...one of the mechanics at my job, WHOS MEXICAN, agrees that if you come over here you NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

And I wholeheartedly agree...
 8 years ago '04        #74
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
 smiles said:
you are a very, very small minded person, I would make a long winded tirade dissecting every piece of nonsense you have written here but frankly I don’t care enough to, nor would my labor be fruitful.... The moral of the story is if I get into an accident with someone I need them to understand what an 'insurance card' is... I need them to be able to call the police if they see an accident somewhere.... I need them to be able to read route re-directions or anything else besides a big red octagon.... what I don't need is a five car pileup where one dude speaks Urdu, one speaks chinese, one french and one spanish and me in the middle praying for a bolt of lightning to strike me where I stand......

Co-sign.. :agreement6:

My best friend is chinese and her parents dont know a lick of english, her mom can't even cuss someone out correctly lol. My friend has to go everywhere with her mom to translate, the doctor's office, she has to call when one of the bills are incorrect, the lawyer's office, etc.

If you come here english speaking people should not have to bend over backwards to accommadate you. If i went to mexico or any other country, you will get ignored or even robbed or k!lled if you don't speak their language. English may not be the "official" language but that's what is taught in American schools. Many other counties do speak more then one language and guess what their elective language is.. English... not all situations but a lot of them.. so if people in other countries can take up learning english then people who LIVE here should too..

Last edited by DaKidB.A.N.K.$; 04-30-2010 at 09:48 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #75
space
space
As said before, they should just make English the official language and call it a day.
 8 years ago '04        #76
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
As said before, they should just make English the official language and call it a day.
it may not be the "official language" but it's definitely the native one.
 04-30-2010, 01:22 PM         #77
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
it may not be the "official language" but it's definitely the native one.
I really hope you did that on purpose
 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM         #78
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smiles said:

So everyone needs to accommodate you? People who move here need to be able to be as fluent in a language as you? It is good to know that people being denied a test in a language that they are most comfortable in isn't really about them, but about you. If people need to be as fluent in the English language as you, then a lot of Americans are going to be a.ssed out as well
 8 years ago '04        #79
ShadyGirl420 
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 2 2
I mean the guy makes since. I would feel a lot better if foreigners, could read our English signs and things. Whats the big deal, America has so much to offer them, but they cant take the time to learn the language?
 8 years ago '04        #80
space
space
It also goes into functioning as a citizen as well. We were driving back from NM to CO one time and got rear ended in Alamosa, CO by a chick who I would bet money was illegal. Couldn't speak ANY english. Good thing I know spanish cuz I was able to get her insurance info, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT IT WAS FOR A DIFFERENT CAR. She had no idea the procedures, policies, expectations a person has as a driver. If I didn't know the little bit of spanish I do, we would have been f**ked and had to pay for the repairs out of pocket.

So it's either require the rest of America to learn spanish, or her to learn english. Which is more feasable?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago