Apr 28 - Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It"

most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 99
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 72
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #181
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
avatar space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25142 25142
....Muthafuccas Still Saying We Need To Learn Spanish

n*gga f**k That.....When You Come Over,You Better Learn English. If You Dont,You a.ss Out Of Luck....I Aint Finna Take No Spanish Class To Understand A Muthafucca That Aint Post To Be Here. Give Him The English Class & Let Him Learn The Ways Of America....
 8 years ago '04        #182
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 1085 1085
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Muthafuccas Still Saying We Need To Learn Spanish

n*gga f**k That.....When You Come Over,You Better Learn English. If You Dont,You a.ss Out Of Luck....I Aint Finna Take No Spanish Class To Understand A Muthafucca That Aint Post To Be Here. Give Him The English Class & Let Him Learn The Ways Of America....
hey ignorant one. you dont HAVE to learn shi-t........sit there in your pitty party hole trying to change others and you will not succeed , be unhappy and just complain complain complain. you couldnt learn another language if your life depended on it. you are incapable. learning spanish would be a negative thing, your life would be harder and it would set you back.
dont play your cards right now in the life you were given. play in your fantasy world where you think things should be a certain way and never ever will.


Last edited by NORTE; 05-01-2010 at 03:13 PM..
 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM         #183
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Ok out of the 6-7 friends I have that are all Mexican born, all immigrated here within the last 5yrs, every one of them shares my belief. They all did their absolute best to learn english. They all think that if you're going to live here, you need to be able to speak english. One came from Chihuahua, 2 came from Juarez, 3 came from Hildago and I don't know where exactly the rest came from, all agree that the influx of illegal immigrants has a negative effect on society. You say you're all buddy buddy, and feel most comfortably in Hispanic culture, and are almost brought to tears, blah blah blah. Man this is coming from real Mexican immigrants who come from that culture. You're just a whiteboy that kicks it. So no matter how much you try to demonize me, and make me out to be "attacking" them or making myself look superior. Try to set your bias aside and see it for what it is.
They should learn English, but not be forced to. If they want to live here and handicap themselves by not being able to communicate with the majority of the country then that is a personal decision. Nobody in the United States is accommodating them. What the government is doing is printing extra pieces of paper in other languages to help people pass a test. Because even if you learn a language try taking a test in it, it is two different things to learn a language and be fluent enough in it that you can take a test in it.

Also the "influx of immigrants" does not have a negative effect on society, our governments lack of recognition is what causes the negative impact. Ignorant people who vote off of moral principles and not off of reasoning is what causes the negative impact. Immigrants coming here to work jobs nobody wants has a positive impact.

Go watch more south park but understand something. They did not take our jobs...
 8 years ago '04        #184
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 1085 1085
 -BigC- said:
They should learn English, but not be forced to. If they want to live here and handicap themselves by not being able to communicate with the majority of the country then that is a personal decision. Nobody in the United States is accommodating them. What the government is doing is printing extra pieces of paper in other languages to help people pass a test. Because even if you learn a language try taking a test in it, it is two different things to learn a language and be fluent enough in it that you can take a test in it.

Also the "influx of immigrants" does not have a negative effect on society, our governments lack of recognition is what causes the negative impact. Ignorant people who vote off of moral principles and not off of reasoning is what causes the negative impact. Immigrants coming here to work jobs nobody wants has a positive impact.

Go watch more south park but understand something. They did not take our jobs...
very very smart and well written. i completely agree! props
 8 years ago '04        #185
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 smiles said:
I come from an immigrant family and my parents had to learn English at 40+.... IT IS VERY DOABLE..... no one should attempt to reside in a country and not try to learn its language, that is both disrespectful and irresponsible... all this bulls**t about no official language, if any one of you idiots needs a declaration to tell you that English is VASTLY the most common language used in ALL parts of the U.S. then you probably need an official declaration to tell you that those things hanging between your legs are a couple of f**king nuts and not just external ovaries....

my pops passed a driving test in English after a year of learning English, most of the signs are universal and the laws can be translated in whatever the f**k it is you speak.... so all of you douche bags that are making excuses for laziness just stop
its true. i used to work at a pizza place and this korean lady came in speaking korean only. she didnt know english, but i guess somehow she figured someone there would know korean. she got really pissed and yelled at me and boss. i tried to understand her but i couldnt. situations like this could be avoided, but some people dont even wanna learn the basics. its not racist, its these peoples inability to be able to a.ssimilate into an already established and functioning culture. if i moved to korea i wouldnt get pissed if the guy at the deli didnt speak english. when you dont speak the language of the community that you live in, you are segregating yourself. some areas in america spanish is spoken predominantly. so for those communities it shouldnt matter too much, but people should at least know basic english. funny thing is ive worked in construction in ny for 9 years and spoke to thousands of spanish people.... about 90% of them spoke english effectively.
 8 years ago '04        #186
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 1085 1085
 haterade2885 said:
its true. i used to work at a pizza place and this korean lady came in speaking korean only. she didnt know english, but i guess somehow she figured someone there would know korean. she got really pissed and yelled at me and boss. i tried to understand her but i couldnt. situations like this could be avoided, but some people dont even wanna learn the basics. its not racist, its these peoples inability to be able to a.ssimilate into an already established and functioning culture. if i moved to korea i wouldnt get pissed if the guy at the deli didnt speak english. when you dont speak the language of the community that you live in, you are segregating yourself. some areas in america spanish is spoken predominantly. so for those communities it shouldnt matter too much, but people should at least know basic english. funny thing is ive worked in construction in ny for 9 years and spoke to thousands of spanish people.... about 90% of them spoke english effectively.

and i used to work at west corporation and some white lady started to yell at me simply cause i said hello. had nothing to do with race , nothing to do with citizenship, nothing to do with language. there are angry short tempered people from every race and everywhere. dont try to make a.ssumptions that is was simply just cause of a language barrier that happened.
 8 years ago '05        #187
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
avatar space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25142 25142
 NORTE said:
hey ignorant one. you dont HAVE to learn shi-t........sit there in your pitty party hole trying to change others and you will not succeed , be unhappy and just complain complain complain. you couldnt learn another language if your life depended on it. you are incapable. learning spanish would be a negative thing, your life would be harder and it would set you back.
dont play your cards right now in the life you were given. play in your fantasy world where you think things should be a certain way and never ever will.
...We All Know You pus*y Whooped Off Some Hispanic pus*y But Look Over The Comments That You Are Posting.

You Must Be f**king A Illegal To Get Upset. Why Must America Change To Accept Them? Learn English & They Are Okay. If They Want A New Life & They Want It In America,They Are Going Have To Learn The Ways Of The American To Get By and One Step Is Language.

Its Common Sense Like If I Move To Japan,I'll Take Up Some Classes To Learn Their Language. Its That Easy But You Sitting Here Like The Whole US Need To Learn Spanish,Negro Please.

If They Move To Canada,They Still Going Have To Understand English. Get Over It....You Looking Like A Bigger Clown With The Comments Coming Out Your Mouth Thats Based On The b**ch You f**king.

Even Obama Said Its Cool For Them To Come Over. Just Learn Damn English...
 8 years ago '04        #188
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 NORTE said:
exactly , plus what the immature ignorant dude also doesnt realize that its not just about his friends either, everybody is different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok Mr. I'm immursed in the Hispanic culture and this is where my white a.ss feels at home

 -BigC- said:
They should learn English, but not be forced to. If they want to live here and handicap themselves by not being able to communicate with the majority of the country then that is a personal decision. Nobody in the United States is accommodating them. What the government is doing is printing extra pieces of paper in other languages to help people pass a test. Because even if you learn a language try taking a test in it, it is two different things to learn a language and be fluent enough in it that you can take a test in it.

Also the "influx of immigrants" does not have a negative effect on society, our governments lack of recognition is what causes the negative impact. Ignorant people who vote off of moral principles and not off of reasoning is what causes the negative impact. Immigrants coming here to work jobs nobody wants has a positive impact.

Go watch more south park but understand something. They did not take our jobs...
I'm not saying they should be forced to learn it if they don't want to. But if they want a drivers license, then yea they need to know it. Again driving is a privledge you must earn, not a right you get simply by being in the country.

And an influx of immigrants doesn't inherantly have a negative impact. But when that influx leads to an increase in convicted criminals, gangs, abuse of the welfare / healthcare system, then something must be done about it. Look at the statistics in CA. The majority of people in prisons are illegal immigrants. The majority of gang arrests are of illegal immigrants. It goes on and on. It's stats like these that Americans have a problem with.
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office has found that 22 percent of felonies in the county are committed by illegal immigrants.(3) Illegal immigrants are estimated to be 10 percent of the county's adult population.(4)

•Analysis of data from the State Criminal Alien a.ssistance Program showed that illegal immigrants were 11 percent of the state's prison population. Illegal immigrants were estimated to be 8 percent of state's adult population at the time of the analysis.(5)

•Approximately 17 percent of those arrested by the Border Patrol in its Tucson Sector have criminal records in the United States.(6)

•The issue of illegal immigration and crime is very difficult to measure, and while in Arizona there is evidence that illegal immigrants are committing a disproportionate share of crime, it is not clear this is the case nationally.(7)

•In 2007, the Center for Immigration Studies estimated that 12 percent of workers in Arizona are illegal immigrants.(8)


•In 2007, the Center estimated that illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children (under 18) comprise one-fifth of those in the state living in poverty, one-third of those without health insurance, and one out of six students in the state's schools.(9)


•In 2007, the Center estimated that one-third of households headed by illegal immigrants in Arizona used at least one major welfare program, primarily food-assistance programs or Medicaid. Benefits were typically received on behalf of U.S.-born children.(10)


Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 05-01-2010 at 05:04 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #189
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
 NORTE said:
hey ignorant one. you dont HAVE to learn shi-t........sit there in your pitty party hole trying to change others and you will not succeed , be unhappy and just complain complain complain. you couldnt learn another language if your life depended on it. you are incapable. learning spanish would be a negative thing, your life would be harder and it would set you back.
dont play your cards right now in the life you were given. play in your fantasy world where you think things should be a certain way and never ever will.
you are so f**king stupid i cant even read your nonsense anymore. If they learned english life would be easier for them and the average american who only knows one language (english).If you really care for them you would want them to prosper and fit in as best as possible and for them to do this they MUST learn english..


Last edited by drama_kiNg; 05-01-2010 at 04:56 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #190
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
I ain't just talking about Hispanics either. Cuz God knows down here Haitians come up to me and start speaking to me in Creole and I don't understand a word they say. Everybody needs to learn English.
 05-01-2010, 05:40 PM         #191
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I'm not saying they should be forced to learn it if they don't want to. But if they want a drivers license, then yea they need to know it. Again driving is a privledge you must earn, not a right you get simply by being in the country.

And an influx of immigrants doesn't inherantly have a negative impact. But when that influx leads to an increase in convicted criminals, gangs, abuse of the welfare / healthcare system, then something must be done about it. Look at the statistics in CA. The majority of people in prisons are illegal immigrants. The majority of gang arrests are of illegal immigrants. It goes on and on. It's stats like these that Americans have a problem with.
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office has found that 22 percent of felonies in the county are committed by illegal immigrants.(3) Illegal immigrants are estimated to be 10 percent of the county's adult population.(4)

•Analysis of data from the State Criminal Alien a.ssistance Program showed that illegal immigrants were 11 percent of the state's prison population. Illegal immigrants were estimated to be 8 percent of state's adult population at the time of the analysis.(5)

•Approximately 17 percent of those arrested by the Border Patrol in its Tucson Sector have criminal records in the United States.(6)

•The issue of illegal immigration and crime is very difficult to measure, and while in Arizona there is evidence that illegal immigrants are committing a disproportionate share of crime, it is not clear this is the case nationally.(7)

•In 2007, the Center for Immigration Studies estimated that 12 percent of workers in Arizona are illegal immigrants.(8)


•In 2007, the Center estimated that illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children (under 18) comprise one-fifth of those in the state living in poverty, one-third of those without health insurance, and one out of six students in the state's schools.(9)


•In 2007, the Center estimated that one-third of households headed by illegal immigrants in Arizona used at least one major welfare program, primarily food-assistance programs or Medicaid. Benefits were typically received on behalf of U.S.-born children.(10)
I agree driving is not a right but that right isn't dependent on ones knowledge of the English language now is it? If they pass the test in another language they have to be able to identify what signs mean, same way as you and I do.

That article states that the majority of people in prison are not immigrants, but that a lot of immigrants commit crimes and join gangs which is more then understandable. Our country has a lot of jobs but our immigration system is f**ked up. These people would take jobs nobody really wants for minimum wage. But without papers they are a lot harder to find then they should be. As for the joining of gangs that is a form of protection. It is the same reason why a disproportional amount of people from the hood join gangs. Immigrants don't come here to join gangs, they join gangs when all other options failed. Your in a poor neighborhood and can't find a job for whatever reason. Do you go homeless or join a gang and do whatever you can to survive?

It is not immigrants that commit more crimes it is people who grow up around poverty that do what they have to when the system has failed to provide opportunities for them to succeed that commit crimes and join gangs.
 05-01-2010, 06:34 PM         #192
Conker122 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People, this is not a commercial promoting racism or white supremacy. Hell, I'm sure most of the non-white people are even agreeing with this commercial. I'm an Asian who actually came to the U.S. at a young age and I'm 100% with him on this one. As much as I understand that there are "struggling" immigrants who come here and are having hard time learning it, that shouldn't be an excuse to not learn English.

When this country was found, were people speaking Spanish? German? French? Italian? Chinese? Korean? Japanese? No, people spoke English, whether they were politicians, entertainers, or the common people.

That's like when a person moves to any other country that's non-English speaking, and expecting for them to understand YOU. No, that's not how it works. If you want to LIVE somewhere, you need to at least familiarize yourself with the country's language(although it's best if you actually learn it thoroughly).

Now don't get me wrong: I happen to be a fan of foreign languages. I took 4 years of French in high school, a year and a half of Japanese in college, and self-teaching German at the moment. There's nothing wrong with knowing other languages or familiarizing yourself with other countries' cultures. But it's a problem when a person lives in a country and know little(or nothing) of the official language. For instance, if I were to officially move to a Spanish speaking country whether it's Mexico, Spain, or any of the South American countrys(sans Brazil), then the first thing I would do is LEARN THE LANGUAGE. I'll do anything to learn Spanish, whether I'm gonna be picking it up from the streets, or taking courses.

A lot of people brought this up about how the foreigners are lazy to learn the language, and to certain extend, I totally agree. Tim James may be a bit biased(after all he IS from the Southern States) against the foreigners, but he is just trying to say that this is a country where the primary language is ENGLISH.

If the United States pass some sort of bill or a law saying that English is not the national language/the official language, then start flaming those who people who are saying "speak English because this is the U.S." But until then, just keep your mouth shut and don't try to justify this topic with your "oh white people are racist" bulls**t.

Let's see any of you living in any of the European countries(except for English speaking countries like England and Ireland) without even knowing a single f**king word of their languages.

Then tell guys like Tim James that he's being ignorant, racist, immature, or even biased against foreigners.


Last edited by Conker122; 05-01-2010 at 08:32 PM..
 05-01-2010, 06:40 PM         #193
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I f**king give up...:lostit:
 8 years ago '09        #194
Akilleez 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
So you're saying that the Mexicans are going to come here, teach us their language, pretend to be our friends and then r*pe, pillage and steal this country away from us? Geeze man you sound like a good ol' cracker republican.
totally went over ur head. i was most definately implying that ALL oppression is unjustifiable. and hold up... cracker republican? did u just stoop the the level of blatant racism to help ur arguement??? u lost n*gga.
 8 years ago '04        #195
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 Akilleez said:
totally went over ur head. i was most definately implying that ALL oppression is unjustifiable. and hold up... cracker republican? did u just stoop the the level of blatant racism to help ur arguement??? u lost n*gga.
man if you can't detect sarcasm in that post then you shouldn't be on an internet forum. I was pointing out how rediculous people get when they go off on these wild a.ss tangents instead of sticking to the point. Do I think Mexicans are going to pull a spanish inquisition on the US of course not
 8 years ago '04        #196
DaYoungDon_251 
space
avatar space
space
$613 | Props total: 2 2
I am a Alabama native and I don't see amything wrong with this commercial. I'm tired of all the imigrants coming over here getting all of our jobs and not knowing how to speak english
 05-02-2010, 02:35 PM         #197
jazzmasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought this was 2010 not 1964 all over again
 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM         #198
jazzmasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black Magick said:
I'm still trying to figure out how can anyone disagree with the whole argument the guy is putting up....

His message is simple. If you want to move to America, then you're gonna have to adapt to the way we do things here, we shouldn't have to adapt to your language and culture. That's nonsense. That's about as retarded as me moving into someone else's house and telling them that they have to live by my rules and adapt to the way I do things.

It's a shame that there are people in America that can't get jobs because they're not bilingual. The immigrants are too lazy to learn English, it's that simple. Either learn English or leave America. Like it's been said many times before in this thread -- If any American moved to another country, we'd have to learn Spanish because they're not gonna learn English just to communicate with us.

Actually, most countries are adapting and learning English as a second laguage. He could have gotten his message across differently. And until we make it illeagal not to know english immigrants wont try to learn it,
 05-02-2010, 03:00 PM         #199
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who cares? 99.9% of the world are not behind this. 95% of the United States are not behind this. All they're doing is proving how backwards and ignorant they are. I'd rather they openly flaunt their ignorance to let the world know than to be sneaky fuks about it.

This law is obviously not going to gain traction like they want it to. It's just controversial, which is why it's making news.
 05-02-2010, 04:45 PM         #200
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
alot of people here have said that in other countries english is taught as second language...so if that the case why do they still not speak english??? because we are talking about illegal immigrants, most of whom are uneducated n looking for a free ride to a better life n we enable them by giving them liberties our governemtn has put in place that they take advantage of...ima ll for immigration but u best belive u come to america learn english...ive often thought about moving to italy n i can guarantee u if it ever happened id have to learn italian, i wouldnt be able to just float through the country for years on their welfare systems n if i was able to what does that say for my character???

we all know in the usa that we have elective languages, that we can take throughout school to learn other languages, french, spanish, mandarin, italian, latin, arabic...u name it...thats a choice u make to learn another language to better ur life in situations... the point is if u learn spanish great u can be an ambassador to spanish speaking countries or close deals with spanish people but to be forced to use it or learn it to order at ur local store or fast food market or to have to wait 2 minutes to make phone calls to press a number is beyond me...n yall can sit here n say that people are stupid with their what ifs but its those who dont think about the what ifs that are being blinded and ignorant...whats ifs is the power of imagination and creativity n yall have lost an important factor of life...
I have to learn how to communicate with dumb s**ts like yourself to get around in life. Should we force you to go back to school?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 47
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy