Apr 28 - Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It"

most viewed right now
 134
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
109 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 132
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 72
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
12228 pageviews
317 comments


yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
Apr 28 - Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It"
 

 
VIDEO OF AD AT END

As Arizona's new immigration law has sparked criticism that it would target illegal and legal immigrants alike, one Alabama candidate for governor is betting he can win votes by bringing immigration-related issues to the forefront in his own state.


Republican Tim James last week released an ad calling into question the state's practice of printing driver's license exams in 12 different languages.


"This is Alabama," James says. "We speak English. If you want to live here, learn it. We're only giving that test in English if I'm governor. Maybe it's the business man in me, but we'll save money. And it make sense."


After receiving negative attention from liberal bloggers for the ad, James released a statement yesterday expounding his logic.


"We welcome non-English speaking people, who are legally in the U.S., to Alabama. However, if you want to drive in our states, public safety concerns dictate that you need to speak English," James said. "Political correctness may endear you to the Rachel Maddow crowd, but here in Alabama, the safety of our people comes first."


James' statement said it is important for the nation's governors to protect the interests of states as President Obama and Democrats in Congress press for more "permissive" immigration laws.


The issue of printing driver's licenses in different languages could be a legitimate issue, writes CBS News Chief Political Correspondent, the Atlantic's Marc Ambinder, "but the ethnic coding in the ad is unmistakable, especially because it's not the type of thing that voters in Alabama would care about unless someone deigned to bring it to their attention."


Ambinder also points out that Alabama could lose billions of dollars in federal transportation funding if it were to stop printing the exams in different languages.


[video - click to view]




[pic - click to view]

 Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News


Last edited by yo0123yo; 04-28-2010 at 09:25 PM..

317 comments for "Apr 28 - Alabama Gov. Candidate Tim James: "We Speak English. If You Want to Live Here, Learn It""

 04-28-2010, 09:20 PM         #2
killya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holy s**t what the f**k is going on
 8 years ago '05        #3
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
ok i guess that allows all the honky a.ss tourist to never visit other countries unless their 100% fluent in their language..thats better isnt it?
 8 years ago '06        #4
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
Ive seen that commercial about 15 times.. I laugh everytime I see it
 8 years ago '09        #5
Akilleez 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
a diversion if i ever saw one . don't focus on how racist that sh*t was, focus on how somebody runnin' for office in one of the most notoriously racist states in our country durring the segregation could get away with it in 2010, and on public TV no less... i beleive magicians call it misdirection


Last edited by Akilleez; 04-28-2010 at 09:46 PM..
 04-28-2010, 09:49 PM         #6
The_Future_09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seriously though doesnt it bother anyone that thousands flood into our country every day? I mean yea a lot of extremes have been reached but you can't go anywhere else not know the language and live undocumented. Hell anywhere outside of Britain they'll k!ll urr a.ss!
 8 years ago '04        #7
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,172 | Props total: 1082 1082
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

theres no official language in the usa! how bout making that a start then that would help this bulls**t crying argument. i see catering to multiple languages as opportunity. opportunity to better myself and expand my brain. I see it as a challenge to try and learn another language and not cry about it and try to convince everybody else to speak the language i already do. lol thats laughable. how easy is it to tell somebody else to learn another language and sit there and cry about it when people dont. dont speal your bulls**t arguments ive heard them all before and frankly they are lame arguments that pull no wieght except show stubborness and weakmindedness. watch me learn spanish pick up a bi-lingual job and make tons of money for me and pass on that knowlege to my future generations so they have a better chance to prosper in abundance as well. while all the half cup empty people continue to cry and say this is america speak english but do nothing at all. hahahhahhahahahahahahaha .
 8 years ago '04        #8
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,172 | Props total: 1082 1082
 dg177bx said:
ok i guess that allows all the honky a.ss tourist to never visit other countries unless their 100% fluent in their language..thats better isnt it?
bwahahahahahahaha thats awesome! lovin it and im white

:agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:
 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM         #9
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dg177bx said:
ok i guess that allows all the honky a.ss tourist to never visit other countries unless their 100% fluent in their language..thats better isnt it?
thats dumb...he said if u want to live here learn the language....nothing to do with tourism

idk if this is all that dude said, but i agree that anyone that comes to live in the U.S. should learn english
 8 years ago '04        #10
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,172 | Props total: 1082 1082
 The_Future_09 said:
Seriously though doesnt it bother anyone that thousands flood into our country every day? I mean yea a lot of extremes have been reached but you can't go anywhere else not know the language and live undocumented. Hell anywhere outside of Britain they'll k!ll urr a.ss!
nope only bothers bs cyring people that are ignorant, selfish, sef righteous that arent happy with themselves and need an excuse as to why they arent livin up to their full potential and they surely wont blame themselves and thats for real.
 8 years ago '09        #11
Akilleez 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
 The_Future_09 said:
Seriously though doesnt it bother anyone that thousands flood into our country every day? I mean yea a lot of extremes have been reached but you can't go anywhere else not know the language and live undocumented. Hell anywhere outside of Britain they'll k!ll urr a.ss!
true, but how is that relevant to you?? we made our come up off the sweat of other nations populace, and now that their done breakin' their backs to build our cities, we are too??? and the only reason anyone comes here is to live comfortably anyway, so how could anyone blame them?
 8 years ago '05        #12
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
avatar space
space
$43,425 | Props total: 25055 25055
..... @ The Commercial.

Its From Alabama...Not Suprise At All.
 8 years ago '04        #13
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,172 | Props total: 1082 1082
 Akilleez said:
true, but how is that relevant to you?? we made our come up off the sweat of other nations populace, and now that their done breakin' their backs to build our cities, we are too??? and the only reason anyone comes here is to live comfortably anyway, so how could anyone blame them?

exactly only thing that needs blame is the government period! you cant blame the people were all programed to survive no matter the situation
 8 years ago '09        #14
Jmoore334 
space
avatar space
space
$2,288 | Props total: 274 274
Making My State Look Ignorant

Definition Of A Racist Honky
 8 years ago '07        #15
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$49,194 | Props total: 15012 15012
 Jmoore334 said:
Making My State Look Ignorant

Definition Of A Racist Honky


he's not the only ignorant one...
 04-28-2010, 10:36 PM         #16
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess I'm one of the few who don't anything wrong with this. Me personally, I feel if you want to be a citizen in this country, you should know English. Right, it's not our official language, but it's by far the most spoken language in this country.
 8 years ago '08        #17
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 NORTE said:
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

theres no official language in the usa! how bout making that a start then that would help this bulls**t crying argument. i see catering to multiple languages as opportunity. opportunity to better myself and expand my brain. I see it as a challenge to try and learn another language and not cry about it and try to convince everybody else to speak the language i already do. lol thats laughable. how easy is it to tell somebody else to learn another language and sit there and cry about it when people dont. dont speal your bulls**t arguments ive heard them all before and frankly they are lame arguments that pull no wieght except show stubborness and weakmindedness. watch me learn spanish pick up a bi-lingual job and make tons of money for me and pass on that knowlege to my future generations so they have a better chance to prosper in abundance as well. while all the half cup empty people continue to cry and say this is america speak english but do nothing at all. hahahhahhahahahahahahaha .
 8 years ago '04        #18
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
:laughing9:
 8 years ago '07        #19
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
avatar space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
wow these articles bring out the closeted racists on BX......i dont know how u guys think a negative statement rebutted wit another negative statement equals a positive result......
 8 years ago '07        #20
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
Alabama stand up! yall niccaz should praise me for growing up in, surviving in, and making it out of that racist azz state!
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy