Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute | Apologizes after

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #21
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

Does everyone think that the question was asked just to see if he would do what Kyle Turley said he would do?.....see if he could control his emotions?......even if that was the reasoning behind the question what a distasteful thing to do.....f**kin stupid
 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM         #22
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #21 said:
yeah i've never been asked about my parents before in a job interview. that is kinda sketchy.

Im pretty sure none of your job interviews came with a potential multi million dollar contract.... Apples dont fall far from the tree, I think its a valid question. Last thing they want is half way thru the season having to deal wit his Moms drug problems or nethin like that.
 8 years ago '05        #23
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 3214 3214
 dionedre3000 said:
Would a non sports organization interviewer be able to ask that to one of us or any other person? The answer is no so they shouldn't be allowed too either. It's a job interview.
Most non sports organizations aren't investing millions upon millions into 1 person either. apples to oranges.
 8 years ago '07        #24
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
Whenever an NFL player has "character issues" they always ask irrelevant questions.
 8 years ago '07        #25
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 slimwillie said:
its an investment they wanna make sure they're image is protected
 8 years ago '05        #26
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8393 8393
 dionedre3000 said:
Would a non sports organization interviewer be able to ask that to one of us or any other person? The answer is no so they shouldn't be allowed too either. It's a job interview.
for the life of me i dont understand why people think the real world and the sports world have some type of correlation. a job interviewer wouldnt be offering me 40 million over 5 years either

fact of the matter is how goddell is buckling down on players AND TEAMS, you have to make sure you are getting players that you can trust on and off the field. and if you have baggage teams are going to want to know, including your family, because when you are drafted that team is drafting everything you bring.
 8 years ago '08        #27
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4788 4788
 unkoricky said:
i bet he asked that stupid a.ss question to see if he could keep his cool.
I'm a.ssuming that was what they were looking for.
 8 years ago '07        #28
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
True, true I get what you Slim and Jr are saying but don't yall think it's just alittle bit too far?
 8 years ago '06        #29
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
u ask me that question your a.ss gonna get b**ch slappp then bounce saying f**k miami dolphins
 8 years ago '04        #30
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,377 | Props total: 460 460
 Suka Repellent said:

Does everyone think that the question was asked just to see if he would do what Kyle Turley said he would do?.....see if he could control his emotions?......even if that was the reasoning behind the question what a distasteful thing to do.....f**kin stupid
That's the 1st thing i thought....

he should have done his interview like this:

[video - click to view]

Last edited by mt fuji; 04-27-2010 at 03:34 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #31
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8393 8393
 dionedre3000 said:
True, true I get what you Slim and Jr are saying but don't yall think it's just alittle bit too far?
yeah but they dont want to regret not asking him
 8 years ago '05        #32
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
He's not interviewing for a job at McDonalds. These dudes are getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport. The people interviewing him all the right in the world to ask any questions they want. It's all about the psychology of the player. If your moms is a ho or a crack wh0ore, that s**t will wear on your mind.

These dudes know what they're doing. They could have also just asked the questions to see how he would react.
 8 years ago '08        #33
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 Jralez said:
Most non sports organizations aren't investing millions upon millions into 1 person either. apples to oranges.
do NBA teams ask these kinds of questions?

mastakillah21 said:
Im pretty sure none of your job interviews came with a potential multi million dollar contract.... Apples dont fall far from the tree, I think its a valid question. Last thing they want is half way thru the season having to deal wit his Moms drug problems or nethin like that.
unless he has a history wuts the point asking about his parents? so if his mom never had problems, he'd be an upstanding citizen? doesnt make sense no matter how you look at it and besides is he really gonna say his mom's a wh0ore?:wtf:

slimwillie said:
its an investment they wanna make sure they're image is protected
didnt work out for them.... they gotta deal with this now
 8 years ago '07        #34
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
 StateProperty88 said:
yeah but they dont want to regret not asking him
I agree with the logic and reasoning but not the question. That's just me.
 8 years ago '05        #35
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 3214 3214
 GhostNinja said:
do NBA teams ask these kinds of questions?

NBA rookies get paid s**t. NFL rookies get huge contracts. again, apples to oranges. People that are complaining about this have no sense of business. If you're going to invest that much money into a guy, you have to realize your job is on the line, so you better damn well ask him the grittiest, ugliest questions if you have to.
 8 years ago '04        #36
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
what a b**ch a.ss thing to ask

i woulda hit that f**got with one of these

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #37
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 mt fuji said:
That's the 1st thing i thought....

he should have done his interview like this:

shoulda been 'Allright Jeff Ireland gonna jus throw this one out there gotta f**k one, Marry one, k!ll one

Gabourey Sidibe, Monique, Your Wife.....Go'
 8 years ago '09        #38
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
Yes, Jeff Ireland asked the question. And he is sorry he did.

The Dolphins general manager has called receiver Dez Bryant in the last hour and apologized for asking the player if his mother was ever a prostitute during a pre-draft interview at the Dolphins training facility earlier this month.

Bryant has apparently accepted the apology.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions

"Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him.

"I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

This apology follows two reports by Yahoo!Sports' Mike Silver in which Bryant claimed he was asked by an unnamed team if his mom was a prostitue. Silver followed with an ensuing report claiming the Dolphins were the unnamed team and that Ireland was the person asking the question, according to a source.

Both reports were correct. And Ireland is hoping to put the issue to bed by issuing this apology.
 8 years ago '09        #39
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
They are leaving out what Dez Bryant's answer was.
 8 years ago '06        #40
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 625 625
I get the reasoning for asking the question but, couldnt they just say "Is your mother having any problems"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago