Apr 25 - Stephen Hawking says that humanity should avoid any contact with Aliens

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-25-2010, 06:45 PM         #21
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pure brilliance. I wish more people would listen to this man. I hope we colonize space before 2100. We are k!lling Earth and are running out of options. I hope we are ready if we aliens visit us.
 8 years ago '05        #22
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
if bumble wants to land on my front lawn and choose to stay. im all for it
 8 years ago '06        #23
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1174 1174
Steve Hawking's Universe

May 9th

9pm

I'm definately checking it out.
 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM         #24
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

another brilliant interview.... his last answer is interesting
 04-25-2010, 07:07 PM         #25
cashrules93 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k that man i'm with you ole-g. i wanna be around for this just like i wanna be around for a revolution or some armageddon type s**t. i aint into religion so by armageddon i basically mean some world wide crazy s**t. i didnt drop 350 on a AR for no reason. and that reason aint to be cool its be prepared for when cities nationwide go apes**t and we need to do what we need to do.
 8 years ago '08        #26
Calamari Pasta 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 141 141
watch his show now. im high as f**k
 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM         #27
ItachiUchiha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Storchaveli... Eric Von Daniken makes some pretty startling claims yet has managed to prove none of them. I strongly believe that life exists elsewhere as well, but he's a religious nutcase and has brought no real evidence supporting his claims. I wish his claims were true because it would be so cool, but I can't let what I want get in the way of reality.

Reppindaburghh said:
I am pretty sure if you believe that Earth is home to the only life in the entire universe, I will stop taking your opinion on any matter serious. If any of my friends blatantly told me that they thought there is no chance of alien life, I probably would not be able to respect them enough to maintain a friendship with them from that point on. Even if I did remain friends with them, I would not take their opinion into consideration when having a discussion about anything, no matter the subject, with a group of friends from that point on.

There are other life forms out there. We are not alone. The probability that this statement I have just made is true is 99.999999%.

Now that i've said that, my opinion on what Mr.Hawking is saying...

While the meeting between humans and some other form of INTELLIGENT alien life-form could potentially be catastrophic and lead to the end of our civilization, I believe the potential benefits that could come from that meeting FAR outweigh the negatives. Well...that may be a bit of an overstatement considering the cons could be the extinction of the human race . But you know what i'm saying. I find it much more LIKELY that if we would meet an alien life-form that we would be able to learn from eachother.

Think about that for a minute....if we could develop some form of middle-ground when it comes to communication, and try and understand eachother, the benefits would be monumental. We would be able to exchange HISTORIES. Hell this life-form may have existed much longer then us and have an incredibly more interesting history then ours, they may have encountered other life-forms from other galaxies before encountering us. The potential for knowledge in this situation is limitless. They may be infinitely more intelligent then us, and have been exploring the universe for thousands of years and because the universe is so vast, they just had not come across our little galaxy yet. Or maybe they are very unintelligent creatures, far less intelligent then us, but have just been around for millions of years longer then us so they developed the same type of technology we did, it just took them a few extra million years to accomplish that. Maybe we meet them in our galaxy during there travels, or maybe once human kind starts actually exploring space, and not just exploring our galaxy, we run into eachother out there.

Imagine for a moment that experience....we are drifting through space, exploring the galaxy and all of a sudden we pick up a blip on the radar, they pick up a blip on theres. They both radio in to headquarters asking if any ships are scheduled to be in this area. Both headquarters inform the ships that that is an unidentified ship. Do they approach eachother? Do one of them make a hasty decision and fire on the other? Do they try and send some sort of radio waves out to communicate with eachother? (Note neither of us would obviously understand the others language so that seems highly unlikely.)

That, right there, would be the changing point in history, if we could somehow show that we were friendly, and they showed the same, perhaps by flashing lights of some sort? (Thats a.ssuming the race on the other ship has eyes and can detect lights.). They say that the point we meet with an intelligent species out there, that will be the single greatest moment in the history of mankind. I'm about to post up an image at the end of this post. Its a good read. But I want to quote something from it..."Most historians and scientists agree this would be the most important moment in all of human history. In fact, its generally accepted that in generations to come, all of history would be divided into 'pre-contact' and 'post-contact' eras instead of the BC/AD distinctions we use now."

Its THAT epic that it would change the way we recorded time. We could learn so much from eachother. I definetly think the "potential pros" of contacting aliens outweigh the "potential cons."

And to end my post, i'm gonna put up a comical little picture that teaches you what YOU should do if YOU just happened to be the first human being ever to encounter alien life (Say you got abducted or something.) (Click the link, then click the photo to zoom.)

(Sorry for the long read by the way, I'm bored and its Sunday )
Completely agree...

They're giving Stephen Hawking's show tonight and repeating it like 4 times on the Discovery Channel. I'll def be watching it.
 04-25-2010, 08:12 PM         #28
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stephen hawking has a show on tv RIGHT NOW

check the discovery channel...s**t is interesting as f**k

he says that its possible life could have transported from planet to planet due to asteroids...s**t makes perfect sense when you think about it...
 04-25-2010, 08:38 PM         #29
ItachiUchiha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ That idea has been around for ages now dude... lol but yeah, it is pretty cool.
 8 years ago '05        #30
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,465 | Props total: 7111 7111
What show are you guys discussing? The one about Aliens and Time Travel? If so, I just set them up on my DVR for later on tonight so I can watch them tomorrow. Is that what your talking about or you talking about something else?
 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM         #31
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aliens done been in contact with earth, im telling you jesus was an alien spirit reincarnated into human form through advanced genetic techniques, why you think he always spoke to god? thats cuz ufo's were sending him telepathic messages all the time ...miracles were always happening around him thanks to the aliens ....every advanced civilized planet in the universe always have a "jesus" like figure in their early history that boosted their spiritual evolution, which is what leads to the planets overall progression
 04-26-2010, 12:29 AM         #32
ItachiUchiha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^

:bsflag:
 8 years ago '08        #33
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
dayum i missed his show
 04-26-2010, 02:48 AM         #34
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao I swear since earlier today, everything I read on BX is all in a computer voice.....!!!
 8 years ago '05        #35
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,465 | Props total: 7111 7111
 WEREWOLF said:
aliens done been in contact with earth, im telling you jesus was an alien spirit reincarnated into human form through advanced genetic techniques, why you think he always spoke to god? thats cuz ufo's were sending him telepathic messages all the time ...miracles were always happening around him thanks to the aliens ....every advanced civilized planet in the universe always have a "jesus" like figure in their early history that boosted their spiritual evolution, which is what leads to the planets overall progression
I hope you die in a car accident tomorrow.
 8 years ago '04        #36
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
am i the only person amazed off the technology used to make this man talk when he's not even moving a muscle.
 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM         #37
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was just about to post this. Yeah. He's right. If we find something, we don't speak their language. This could go bad. Either we take control of their planet, or they'll take over earth.
 8 years ago '08        #38
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
 ItachiUchiha said:
^^^

:bsflag:
 Reppindaburghh said:
I hope you die in a car accident tomorrow.
the sumerians had pictures of aircraft engraved in their tablets..
not to mention in a civilization in 3rd century bc had a toy plane that they built to size today and it was aerodynamic.. they also found another toy plane in a jungles of columbia or some s**t and built that one and it flew perfectly..

wouldnt "gods" make more sense if it was aliens who came? obviously the older civilizations would praise them so
 8 years ago '05        #39
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
 cuddyduce said:
the sumerians had pictures of aircraft engraved in their tablets..
not to mention in a civilization in 3rd century bc had a toy plane that they built to size today and it was aerodynamic.. they also found another toy plane in a jungles of columbia or some s**t and built that one and it flew perfectly..

wouldnt "gods" make more sense if it was aliens who came? obviously the older civilizations would praise them so
please post links for your claims. very interesting if true
 8 years ago '09        #40
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 3527 3527
Great article. Very interesting aswell.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago