Jason Campbell Traded To The Oakland Raiders

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #101
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
:wow:
Better Than Nothing ..
Let's see if he can beat out Bruce Because he isen't much
of an upgrade from Bruce..
 8 years ago '07        #102
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
Dagger!! Campbell, Campbell.... Dude's life in the NFL is like having an abusive childhood... Poor guy.
 8 years ago '05        #103
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
Lack of NoLedge, why you mad?
 8 years ago '04        #104
Thuggy C 
space
space
$1,629 | Props total: 134 134
Glad the Raiders finally got themselves a nice guy under center. Not the best QB, but hes a cooler dude than JaMarcus. Either way you still have needs at QB and wasted a 4th round pick on a decent QB.

Even if he does it big in Oakland, he would never have done it in Washington. So Im not mad.
 8 years ago '05        #105
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
nice pick up for them. Hes not the best, but MILES better then that goof Russel
 8 years ago '07        #106
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
The pick is conditional I believe also...it's only a 4th if Campbell makes the pro-bowl or the Raiders make the play-offs.

And it's a 2012 4th...there might not even be a draft in 2012.
 04-25-2010, 03:29 AM         #107
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Coming from a Giants fan... As garbage as Jason Campbell is, he makes Russell look like Pee Wee.

So yall upgraded.
 8 years ago '04        #108
damjr87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 7 7
Lets hope the Raiders don't fukk this one up.
 8 years ago '05        #109
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 kakish said:
The pick is conditional I believe also...it's only a 4th if Campbell makes the pro-bowl or the Raiders make the play-offs.

dont say that makes me sad to think no nfl
 8 years ago '04        #110
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
great draft for both my bay teams! the thing that campbell lacks that we need is leadership, thats why bruce was special and the team performed with him. hopefully JC realizes this and can at least try to be vocal.

at the end of the day, its a good upgrade and was cheap to do. a win move all around. now cut jawalrus or do somethin funny with him, like put him in eating contests during the game with fans
 04-25-2010, 08:18 AM         #111
Ether Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 franchise said:
great draft for both my bay teams! the thing that campbell lacks that we need is leadership, thats why bruce was special and the team performed with him. hopefully JC realizes this and can at least try to be vocal.

at the end of the day, its a good upgrade and was cheap to do. a win move all around. now cut jawalrus or do somethin funny with him, like put him in eating contests during the game with fans
 8 years ago '05        #112
twodollars2 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,607 | Props total: 70 70
 NoLedge18720 said:
you act like tebow is gonna start this year. Orton>>>any of your Qbs combined
why would a team waste a 1st rd pick on a player if he wasnt planning on starting sometime this upcoming nfl season it's official u really are an idiot and also for you to say campbell will never be a probowl qb your team had one and traded him away along with pretty much all your offensive firepower (except royal) and yet you expect y'all to have a sucessful season this upcoming year....
 8 years ago '04        #113
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,305 | Props total: 12973 12973
 kakish said:

They won't lock out.
 8 years ago '06        #114
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
don't know if they'll release russell yet... he's owed 30 million.
 8 years ago '04        #115
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,305 | Props total: 12973 12973
 hooligun said:
don't know if they'll release russell yet... he's owed 30 million.
Read the following:

Cutting JaMarcus would save $6.45 million

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 25, 2010 12:03 PM ET
The Oakland Raiders have already paid JaMarcus Russell $36 million for a whole lot of nothing.

So do they now view him as a sunk cost or could they possibly pour more money down the drain? The Raiders can save $6.45 million by cutting Russell before the start of the season.

Russell has said in the past he won't take a pay cut, and that's far too much money to pay for a guy if he's Jason Campbell's backup. Tom Cable said there are "decisions" to be made at quarterback, but expects Russell to attend Oakland's post-draft minicamp Friday.

We'll see.

The Raiders would be risking the $6.45 million by keeping Russell in the offseason. They would owe him the money if he got hurt in workouts and placed on injured reserve.

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Cable hinted at Russell's departure:

"Adding Jason [Campbell] to this football team was very important," Cable said. "He is a guy in need of a fresh start himself."

The Raiders are an organization in need of fresh start. That can only happen with Russell elsewhere.
 8 years ago '05        #116
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
big upgrade over what they had
 04-25-2010, 01:01 PM         #117
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oakland...a competent QB away from being a contender...

I've been saying it for too long, now we'll see.
 8 years ago '07        #118
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
Breaking down Jason Campbell
I caught up to Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. to break down Oakland’s trade for former Washington quarterback Jason Campbell on Saturday. Oakland gave up a fourth-round pick in 2012 for Campbell.

He very likely will be the starting quarterback in Oakland over former first-pick flop JaMarcus Russell and feisty journeyman Bruce Gradkowski. Campbell, 28, has 45 starts in the past three seasons. Williamson agrees with me that this is a good move for Oakland:

Matt Williamson on Campbell: “I think it's wonderful move. Now, I’m not saying Jason Campbell is going to be a great quarterback, but I am a fan. He has improved each year and he was impressive last year. He’s a tough guy who takes a lot of hits. He’s perfect for Oakland. He has that big, strong arm. He is a fit there. He’s a big upgrade over what they had. In the end, I think Campbell is an average to slightly-below-average NFL quarterback. Oakland hasn’t had that in a while, so he will help. Oakland will be a run-first offense and that will help Campbell. I think this is a deal that will be good for Campbell and good for the Raiders. I like it.”
sounds like a good fit to me...
 8 years ago '07        #119
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
Ranking the AFC West QB's
We had a shakeup amongst AFC West quarterbacks this weekend. Oakland traded for new starter Jason Campbell and Denver drafted Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who the Broncos hope becomes a starter soon.

Because of the action, it is time to rank the quarterbacks, in my opinion, in the division. I’m only ranking the players who I project to be the starting quarterback when the season starts.

1. Philip Rivers, San Diego: OK, it’s not even close. Rivers is a top-five NFL quarterback who is getting better. He is 28 and in the prime of his career. He has premier skills, a smart player and he is a terrific leader. He is the full package. He’s the best player in this division and the primary reason why San Diego is head-and-shoulders above the competition in the division.

2. Jason Campbell, Oakland: After Rivers, the quarterback class tightens quickly. I think Campbell is slightly better than Kyle Orton and Matt Cassel. It’s very close. All three of the quarterbacks are in the same range. But I give Campbell the edge over Orton and Cassel because he is good fit and his big arm fits what Oakland wants to do. I think Campbell is a player who could be entering his prime.

3. Kyle Orton, Denver: Orton had a solid year for the Broncos last season. But he seems like a player who has reached his ceiling. The Broncos clearly must feel that way since they drafted Tebow to be the quarterback of the future. Orton is a bridge player in Denver. He is not bad, and he played better last year than I thought. Teams can do worse than with Orton behind center.

4. Matt Cassel, Kansas City: Look, this isn’t a major indictment on Cassel. I could easily see him move up to No. 2 on this list next year. He is a decent player. But I think he needs to have a strong season in 2010 to show he is better than Orton. He’ll get the opportunity. He has a better supporting cast than he did last year and he’ll have better protection. Cassel can get some things done. Now, he has to show it.

This is now a fairly respectable quarterback division when you trade out JaMarcus Russell for Campbell.
 8 years ago '04        #120
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
 kakish said:
Ranking the AFC West QB's
Yea buddy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago