Wow this Wale kid must be trash...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

is wale ass
yes 23 56.10%
no 18 43.90%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM         #21
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 80sbabyent said:
What is your hobby, and what have you accomplished doing so?
you trying to put me on trial?

my hobby is "dont f**king worry about it" and my accomplishments are "greatest than your feeble mind can comprehend"

FOH. Wale is one of this generation's biggest flops. deal with it.
 8 years ago '10        #22
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
Was Lady Gaga a powerhouse when chillin came out, i feel like he missed the bus or something, and she blew up after the song.
 04-19-2010, 10:44 AM         #23
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeyCobra said:
Was Lady Gaga a powerhouse when chillin came out, i feel like he missed the bus or something, and she blew up after the song.
no way! Gaga was a powerhouse ever since Akon dropped that "Just Dance" single in 2008. why the f**k do you think he linked up with her? n*gga was desperate.
 8 years ago '06        #24
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
back to the feature was waaaaaaaaaaay better than that travesty he called a debut
 8 years ago '10        #25
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Wale is trash
 04-19-2010, 10:48 AM         #26
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
thats a effin lie. first week he sold like 28,000k and every week he got worse.

if he sold all the albums he shipped then interscope did him a favor an he should sftu. why was he copping pleas about target not having his displayed if he sold all his albums? why aren't stores ordering more albums? hell how come he never put out a single past pretty girls if he sold all them albums??

hmm....

BULLs**tTING IN THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
damn you really hate this cat huh lol
they didn't ship s**t, its not hard search around on the internet and find people saying they couldn't find the album anywhere

idk why he's copping pleas and i don't really care, i'm not here to ride his nuts
he does sound like a b**ch sometimes, especially when he was hypin up jay-z on tv

i'm just saying my 2 cents, he makes good music but he sold out on the album

X-NINE said:
His album wasn't all that, overrated IMO, and I was feeling what he put out b4 it dropped
 Mintz said:
back to the feature was waaaaaaaaaaay better than that travesty he called a debut
pretty much...

Last edited by 2D....; 04-19-2010 at 10:49 AM..
 04-19-2010, 10:50 AM         #27
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mintz said:
i thought that 9th wonder tape was boring. well granted i only heard couple s**ts off youtube. but i mean....real boring.

one of my boys out of NC dropped an all 9th wonder tape was way better than Wale s**t. no bias either.
 8 years ago '06        #28
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 WorldsStrangest said:
i thought that 9th wonder tape was boring. well granted i only heard couple s**ts off youtube. but i mean....real boring.

one of my boys out of NC dropped an all 9th wonder tape was way better than Wale s**t. no bias either.
word i feel
 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM         #29
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mintz said:
word i feel
just to prove i wasnt bulls**t, i just uploaded dude track. j-synder out of north carolina. some of yall might know him. he used to post here...

2007 track, he's gotten better since then...

yall tell me.....
 8 years ago '04        #30
InsaneMindz 
space
space
$277 | Props total: 0 0
Album is solid i think dude can spit so what he didnt go platinum i still wish him success in his career...

some people must just listen wrong
 8 years ago '08        #31
Champion4748 
space
space
$167 | Props total: 0 0
 Mocking Mind said:
Wale is trash

8 years ago '08        #32
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,427 | Props total: 25 25
Even his mixtapes he released before the album were not good,That mixtape about nothing was overrated as f**k and wale has an annoying voice.Glad he flopped,Hopefully Drake flops next.
 8 years ago '05        #33
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
d.c. s**t just doesn't sell outside of d.c.

i thought the album was great.
 8 years ago '05        #34
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,657 | Props total: 669 669
I think Wale was put into a wierd box that couldn't pull everyone. People in D.C wanted to support him ,but were also mad that Wale wasn't on that Go-Go no more. Than the backpackers was mad he put Gucci on a song (,but Gucci get play in D.C). Then the Gaga feature just made it look like he was on some pop s**t. If you ask me he was in a lose-lose situation, but as long as he keep doing the music he can make it though.
 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM         #35
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Angry_Black_757 said:
d.c. s**t just doesn't sell outside of d.c.

i thought the album was great.

nah. i think its just wale to be honest. yall actually had a decent buzz with that b more music yall was doin

Neohuey89 said:
I think Wale was put into a wierd box that couldn't pull everyone. People in D.C wanted to support him ,but were also mad that Wale wasn't on that Go-Go no more. Than the backpackers was mad he put Gucci on a song (,but Gucci get play in D.C). Then the Gaga feature just made it look like he was on some pop s**t. If you ask me he was in a lose-lose situation, but as long as he keep doing the music he can make it though.
see. now im glad i made the topic cuz i feel like i learned something.
 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM         #36
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
They shipped 30K and he sold 28K......they should've shipped about 60K
i know thats a lie. youre telling me they spent that much time and promotion on that album and you think they only wanted to sell 30K???

thats a bold face lie.
 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM         #37
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres people out the back of the trunk selling 10K and youre trying to say they recouped at 30K?

wow...

with a Lady Gaga feature, pharrel beats, gucci feature, keri hilson feature, mark ronson backed, roc nation manages, interscope artist....and they only shipped 30K

either way it's an L because the label basically said "f**k you wale you aint gonna sell" and they were RIGHT. or hes lying to save face with his fans.....

pick one.
 8 years ago '07        #38
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
 Texas said:
people don't buy good music. j. cole and b.o.b. won't sell either...
this. Only people that actually sell are big names. Drake will sell because he caters more to females.
 8 years ago '06        #39
Maywood86 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,438 | Props total: 123 123
XXLMag.com spoke with Wale’s manager, Daniel Weisman, who claims that the label under shipped the disc to stores, much like what happened to fellow “Class of 09″ MC Asher Roth. ”Wale’s the type of artist who is bigger than the metrics (radio) say he is,” Weisman said. “That puts the label in a tough position in terms of physical distribution and because of twitter we are able to hear direct feedback from the fans about the problems they had actually finding the CD. But 64% of Wale’s sales came from digital outlets which makes sense for Wale. It’s a testament to Interscope and their confidence in Wale’s brand that they put the record out without a big single.”

04-19-2010, 12:32 PM         #40
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
Interscope said themselves that they only shipped 30K because they thought his "internet-saavy" fans would download his album instead of buying. They were wrong, the demand was higher than the supply

He still ended up selling about 80K all together....probably would've been about 120-130K if they handled the album right
i think thats just spin. "the demand was higher than the suppy"...where?? if he shipped 30K and he sold 28K thats still 2K left on the table.....i didnt see any "sold out" signs anywhere....nobody was breaking walls down because they couldnt get thier hands on a Wale CD lets be real.

you perform on the VMAs, you best believe you better go gold b4 its all said and done or thats considered a flop.

hell im not CuDi's biggest fan but he sold 115K first week off LESS promo, and more real world and internet buzz.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy