Miami Trades Ted Ginn To San Francisco

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #101
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 5533 5533
 casper said:
but this is a misconception that i think alot of people will follow

to me, the steelers probably couldve got a 3rd pick from somebody....i just hate how the league feels the need to follow suit

if that trade never happened miami couldve probably gotten better than a 5th for ginn
How the f**k would we of done that?

Boldin went for a 3rd and 4th for christ sake.
 8 years ago '06        #102
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
Hopefully Ginn will have a Vernon Davis like breakout year
 8 years ago '06        #103
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
 SlickJ101 said:
My team is Miami and I've watched Ginn since we drafted him so I dare say I know more about what he's capable of than you do. Brandon Marshall might also have be a good deal for us. Just maybe lol

Ya, I do think you paid a lot considering he's not a WR and Santonio just went for a 5th.
what the f**k is with the replies in this thread?I understand if u don't follow the niners but don't talk s**t like this when it is not why we got him.We need a return man...we were actually debating gettin spiller with a first when we just drafted coffee last year just so we had a return man.We lost like 2 games last year cause of our return game..it was either fair catch,muffed punt,or 2 yard gain.We will not get any return man even close to ginn in the 5th round so this is a good trade...also he is young and has potential in the slot.We've seen he's not a true #1 (they didn't really have a qb either...henne the verdict is still out on..niners don't have a qb either though).

On top of this now we can use our picks for the other s**t we need like an o-line,defensive back,and qb (which i don't want a qb in the draft)

bottom line it's obvious the niners got the better of this deal...we filled a need for a 5th round pick and we would have never got a return man like ginn in the 5th and miami got a 5th rounder for a guy who they didn't have to get rid,losing a good return man,and the guy they get in the 5th has a good chance of being on the practice squad

Last edited by philly337; 04-17-2010 at 08:17 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #104
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,632 | Props total: 3163 3163
rip ginn's skills once he hit the nfl after watching just 130 sec of the video had me asking where was the dude that was k!lling everybody that you had to at least be prepared for after watching that i dont consider him at threat i would tell me dbs just tap him or even make a sound once u see the ball get close to him and he will drop it everytime untill i see something diff from him hes a bust
 8 years ago '06        #105
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
^^^we didn't trade for his recieving ability...we traded for a return man.We would have used a 1st on spiller or used a second/third for a return man that might not pan out.Now we trade a 5th for one of the better returners in the league
 8 years ago '07        #106
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
 ThaShark316 said:
LMAO...

8 years ago '04        #107
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,033 | Props total: 1260 1260
watch singletary beat ginn into shape and hell have 1,000 yards next season lol
 8 years ago '05        #108
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1147 1147
they shouldve just kept ginn instead of takin a 5th rd pick, dude could just run a go route on the opposite side of marshall one on one all day
 8 years ago '08        #109
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 philly337 said:
what the f**k is with the replies in this thread?I understand if u don't follow the niners but don't talk s**t like this when it is not why we got him.We need a return man...we were actually debating gettin spiller with a first when we just drafted coffee last year just so we had a return man.We lost like 2 games last year cause of our return game..it was either fair catch,muffed punt,or 2 yard gain.We will not get any return man even close to ginn in the 5th round so this is a good trade...also he is young and has potential in the slot.We've seen he's not a true #1 (they didn't really have a qb either...henne the verdict is still out on..niners don't have a qb either though).

On top of this now we can use our picks for the other s**t we need like an o-line,defensive back,and qb (which i don't want a qb in the draft)

bottom line it's obvious the niners got the better of this deal...we filled a need for a 5th round pick and we would have never got a return man like ginn in the 5th and miami got a 5th rounder for a guy who they didn't have to get rid,losing a good return man,and the guy they get in the 5th has a good chance of being on the practice squad
lol There's so much wrong here I don't even feel like taking the time to write it all down.
 8 years ago '06        #110
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
lol There's so much wrong here I don't even feel like taking the time to write it all down.
lol ok..well i break it down simply for u....

1.We need a return man
2.Ginn is a good return man
3.We were goin to use a pick in rounds 1-3 to get a return man
4.We gave up a 5th which is 2-4 rounds later for a guy that will most likely be better at returning then anybody we would have gotten out of the draft
5.Good trade for the niners
 8 years ago '08        #111
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 philly337 said:
lol ok..well i break it down simply for u....

1.We need a return man
2.Ginn is a good return man
3.We were goin to use a pick in rounds 1-3 to get a return man
4.We gave up a 5th which is 2-4 rounds later for a guy that will most likely be better at returning then anybody we would have gotten out of the draft
5.Good trade for the niners
If you were going to use a 1-3 pick on a guy who's just a return man then you're as bad of a coach as Cam Cameron, and that's saying something.

Ginn is a good KR, not PR. So you still only have half of your return game answered.

I'll be eager to see if you guys feel the same way after watching him run out of bounds and away from contact for a full season. He's brutal to watch.
 8 years ago '06        #112
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
If you were going to use a 1-3 pick on a guy who's just a return man then you're as bad of a coach as Cam Cameron, and that's saying something.

Ginn is a good KR, not PR. So you still only have half of your return game answered.

I'll be eager to see if you guys feel the same way after watching him run out of bounds and away from contact for a full season. He's brutal to watch.
dog i don't think u get it...we have NOTHING as a returner and i'm not the one who thinks we should even get a return man for that...that's the front office and every analyst out there saying it.I could give a s**t less what he does as a reciever.My point is even if there is a 1% chance he can be a good reciever that's just iceing on the cake because all we got him for is his returning ability.Even at PR he is 10 times better then what we have.I don't think u know how awful we were at returning
 8 years ago '08        #113
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 philly337 said:
dog i don't think u get it...we have NOTHING as a returner and i'm not the one who thinks we should even get a return man for that...that's the front office and every analyst out there saying it.I could give a s**t less what he does as a reciever.My point is even if there is a 1% chance he can be a good reciever that's just iceing on the cake because all we got him for is his returning ability.Even at PR he is 10 times better then what we have.I don't think u know how awful we were at returning
If you say so.

I'm gonna laugh when you guys are motherf**king him by week 6.

Spending high picks on KRs is something only seriously competitive teams should be doing.

No offense, but you guys are pretty far away from being serious contenders, IMO.
 8 years ago '04        #114
thcnme 
space
space
$521 | Props total: 3 3
 dionedre3000 said:
LOL look at the other players reactions aroun 1:03 to 1:07. Had that come on maaaaaaaan reaction.
I know right. Joey Porter was like this n*gga suck.
Damn, didnt know Ginn was terrible like that.
 8 years ago '05        #115
iCON216 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,647 | Props total: 42 42
Decent trade, wouldn't call it a steal. Solid Kick returner but a questionable Punt returner. Never thought he was going to be a good WR but I have to hope he can step it up from mediocre status.

Funny looking back when he was drafted.

Last edited by iCON216; 04-17-2010 at 11:47 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #116
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ThaReapa420 said:
Apparently someone watched ZERO 49ers games last year. We're right on the cusp of bein a perennial playoff organization. They've made good move after good move for a few years straight. And a 5th isn't a high pick. And if we took Spiller or McCluster they'd be a RB more than a return guy not to mention dangerous in the Wildcat. So tell me what makes us "pretty far from being serious contenders"
Dude, you're one of the biggest homers in here and you've already stated you don't pay attention to much besides SF, so it's pretty hard to take your opinion too seriously.
 04-17-2010, 12:06 PM         #117
Pstax916 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaReapa420 said:
Apparently someone watched ZERO 49ers games last year. We're right on the cusp of bein a perennial playoff organization. They've made good move after good move for a few years straight. And a 5th isn't a high pick. And if we took Spiller or McCluster they'd be a RB more than a return guy not to mention dangerous in the Wildcat. So tell me what makes us "pretty far from being serious contenders"
dont bother breh.. its obvious this cat doesnt know whats going on.. he is so prone on saying "Ginn cant catch.. he isnt a slot WR.. Holmes went for a 5th.. eehhh!!"

he doesnt understand how bad we need a KR as bad as anything.. and no need to draft for KR in earlier rounds (not that thats all they would be used for) we just have one less hole to fill and we can add more players that will help in other areas..
 8 years ago '08        #118
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Pstax916 said:
dont bother breh.. its obvious this cat doesnt know whats going on.. he is so prone on saying "Ginn cant catch.. he isnt a slot WR.. Holmes went for a 5th.. eehhh!!"
he doesnt understand how bad we need a KR as bad as anything.. and no need to draft for KR in earlier rounds (not that thats all they would be used for) we just have one less hole to fill and we can add more players that will help in other areas..
lol God I hate homers.
 8 years ago '05        #119
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,986 | Props total: 10683 10683
I wouldn't mind seeing Ginn handle Punt Retruns...

He barley returned punts the past 2 season and he did a good job handling them when he was a rookie back in 2007...

An I don;t think this effects the 49ers approach on Spiller... Granted he would have a been an upgrade to our return game, but if the front office is as enamored with his game as some fans, then he will be picked regardless of the acquisition on Ginn....
 8 years ago '08        #120
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ThaReapa420 said:
lol how am I a homer? I live in Atlanta bruh. And what isn't there to take seriously? Its not like I'm talkin about how awesome my 49ers are and noone can stop us. Either refute what I'm sayin or shut up.
lol Wow.

I've already said all the problems Ginn has, but I guess I wouldn't know since I've only watched him every year he's been in the league.

We'll revisit this thread mid-season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy