Miami Trades Ted Ginn To San Francisco

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #81
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,986 | Props total: 10683 10683
 SlickJ101 said:

Ya, I do think you paid a lot considering he's not a WR and Santonio just went for a 5th.
Santonio had already depreciated his value by doing what he did, and the Steelers took it even further by saying if they weren't going to get a 5th for him, then they were going to cut him...

It's obvious he was worth more than a 5th rd pick, but getting Ginn for a 5th is a steal...

We can use our 1st/2nd or perhaps later round picks to address other needs...
 04-16-2010, 09:38 PM         #82
Pstax916 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
My team is Miami and I've watched Ginn since we drafted him so I dare say I know more about what he's capable of than you do. Brandon Marshall might also have be a good deal for us. Just maybe lol

Ya, I do think you paid a lot considering he's not a WR and Santonio just went for a 5th.
congrats on the pick up of B marsh... one of my fav players in the game.. you guys finally got a wr and we finally got a KR.. for a decent price?? we'll let the future tell us that.. but hey at least now we can be more flexible with our 2 first picks
 8 years ago '10        #83
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,946 | Props total: 351 351
I think 49ers might step it up Coach Mike aint no wh0ore
 8 years ago '04        #84
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 SlickJ101 said:
Yea, I'd say you're in the minority.

Idk why people think he'd be a good slot guy. He can't catch for s**t and he's not quick. Not to mention that Davone Bess has been excellent in that role so there's no reason to move him.

I would of been interested to see how he would've done with Marshall too, but Hartline is a lot better than Ginn was and I'm really confident he'll make a big impact alongside Marshall.
so do u see bess or hartline in the slot next year??

in my opinion it was just more like a move that we didnt have to make...UNLESS we plan on packaging picks to move up, then its fully understandable...worst case scenario was a # 4 wr, who can also return kicks for 1 mill, so why was the deal even made, i just dont see much of the sense in it, again like i said UNLESS it was made in order to package picks...ginn wouldnt be complete trash as a #3-#4 wr...top KR, i just dont think its a good idea to roll the dice for a 5th rd pick. sure he dropped the ball & wasnt living up to the hype, but he did have the ability to spread the field a bit, + 25 yds per kick return is no gimme...for a million dollars i dont think it would have hurt to keep him

1 2nd rd pick now plus 1 2nd rd pick next year for marshall>>>> 1 2nd rd pick now, 1 2nd rd pick next year, & tedd ginn for marshall & a 5th

Last edited by casper; 04-16-2010 at 09:57 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #85
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
i had a feeling we would get him...
9ers sit around doing nothing all off season and then they finally do something and its this s**t?
better be a 4th round plus (which is still a lot IMO for GInn) and he better be beast on kick returns
 8 years ago '05        #86
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
yah nice move always nice to have weapons in the return game plus he has deep threat ability if he catches the ball
 04-16-2010, 10:52 PM         #87
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Remember when this n*gga got drafted and all the Dolphins fans thought they were going to draft Brady Quinn and they ended up getting Ted Ginn Jr?
 8 years ago '04        #88
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Remember when this n*gga got drafted and all the Dolphins fans thought they were going to draft Brady Quinn and they ended up getting Ted Ginn Jr?
lookin back...it was a no win situation
 8 years ago '06        #89
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
 ThaReapa420 said:
Damn n*gga do you read posts I put that it was a 5th as SOON as they confirmed it. And its not that the 49ers aren't doin s**t. Its just that other teams are willing to (as Mike Holmgren put it) "mortgage the ranch" when the 49ers feel they have a great nucleus and can get what they need in the draft.
Actually i dont read posts that much lol. 5th aint so bad. And im just saying the 9ers aint known for huge moves in the off season, but its understandable now i guess since they got 2 1st round picks and a great core.
 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM         #90
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
lookin back...it was a no win situation
Oh I'm not saying Brady would've been a better draft pick, I just remember that being the highlight of the draft for me. Berman was talking up Brady Quinn and they showed the camera on Brady and they announced Ted Ginn and it was like the Indiana Pacers picked Reggie Miller all over again.
 8 years ago '08        #91
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 5533 5533
 Pstax916 said:
congrats on the pick up of B marsh... one of my fav players in the game.. you guys finally got a wr and we finally got a KR.. for a decent price?? we'll let the future tell us that.. but hey at least now we can be more flexible with our 2 first picks
Thanks, god knows we've needed one for a long a.ss time.

It's huge just to get Henne a guy like that to help him develop.
 8 years ago '08        #92
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 casper said:
so do u see bess or hartline in the slot next year??

in my opinion it was just more like a move that we didnt have to make...UNLESS we plan on packaging picks to move up, then its fully understandable...worst case scenario was a # 4 wr, who can also return kicks for 1 mill, so why was the deal even made, i just dont see much of the sense in it, again like i said UNLESS it was made in order to package picks...ginn wouldnt be complete trash as a #3-#4 wr...top KR, i just dont think its a good idea to roll the dice for a 5th rd pick. sure he dropped the ball & wasnt living up to the hype, but he did have the ability to spread the field a bit, + 25 yds per kick return is no gimme...for a million dollars i dont think it would have hurt to keep him

1 2nd rd pick now plus 1 2nd rd pick next year for marshall>>>> 1 2nd rd pick now, 1 2nd rd pick next year, & tedd ginn for marshall & a 5th

Def Bess, he's solid in that role. Hartline can do everything that Ginn did at WR and more. He might not have the straight-line speed, but he more than makes up for it with the rest of his game.

I would of hated to cut a solid WR like Cammarillo just bc Ginn has potential. It's been said a million times but Production always > Potential.

Our FO values every pick as well. I know they hate giving up picks, esp the ones they did for Marshall, so they'll continue to try to stockpile as many picks as they can.

Don't be surprised to see Smiley or Ronnie Brown gone before the draft.
 8 years ago '08        #93
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Oh I'm not saying Brady would've been a better draft pick, I just remember that being the highlight of the draft for me. Berman was talking up Brady Quinn and they showed the camera on Brady and they announced Ted Ginn and it was like the Indiana Pacers picked Reggie Miller all over again.
That was the end of my cell phone at the time.

I didn't want anything to do with Brady Quinn.

Truth be told I wanted Amobi Akoye, but we missed out on Willis too and that was obviously a bigger blunder.
 8 years ago '04        #94
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
i'm happy with the trade, a 5th round pick woulda been a waste/cut anyways so fucck it

we got a guy who can at least return and if he is decent at that then we got our value. if he steps it up as a wideout then we got a steal.

for our 2 first round picks i want a OT and 1 of Spiller/Earl Thomas/Eric Berry/Rolando McClain/Derrick Morgan
 8 years ago '05        #95
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,986 | Props total: 10683 10683
 franchise said:
i'm happy with the trade, a 5th round pick woulda been a waste/cut anyways so fucck it

we got a guy who can at least return and if he is decent at that then we got our value. if he steps it up as a wideout then we got a steal.

for our 2 first round picks i want a OT and 1 of Spiller/Earl Thomas/Eric Berry/Rolando McClain/Derrick Morgan
I want Berry also...

But its no way he lasts that long...

I say we go after Haden if Buluga, Okung & Williams are gone which is highly likely...
 04-17-2010, 12:02 AM         #96
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
been seeing articles & blogs saying 49ers got the better deal but considering the value of santonio holmes to ny for a 5th , Miami getting a 5th for a bum receiver is a...
 8 years ago '04        #97
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
 cookthacoke187 said:
been seeing articles & blogs saying 49ers got the better deal but considering the value of santonio holmes to ny for a 5th , Miami getting a 5th for a bum receiver is a...
Exactly....
 8 years ago '04        #98
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
 ChickzNKickz said:
I want Berry also...

But its no way he lasts that long...

I say we go after Haden if Buluga, Okung & Williams are gone which is highly likely...
okung will be gone by then, williams will probably be gone but maybe not

i dont like haden or bulaga --- not for that high of a pick.

haden might prove me wrong, but hes more of a chance than all the players i listed.

CJ Spiller and Earl Thomas are at the top of my non O-line picks, either 1 of these guys can come right in and be a factor.

Earl Thomas + DaShon Goldson would be nice - but so would Gore + Spiller
 8 years ago '04        #99
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 cookthacoke187 said:
but this is a misconception that i think alot of people will follow

to me, the steelers probably couldve got a 3rd pick from somebody....i just hate how the league feels the need to follow suit

if that trade never happened miami couldve probably gotten better than a 5th for ginn
 8 years ago '08        #100
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
I want winners!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy