Miami Trades Ted Ginn To San Francisco

most viewed right now
 187
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 148
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8452 8452
Y'all ungrateful Miami stans will regret letting Ginn go
 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM         #62
Pstax916 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
How am I hatin when a bunch of your SF people think he's gonna be used in the slot?

Also, Ginn is avg at best in the PR game. KR, he's nice, but that's about it.
our number 3 guy is brandon jones/jason hill.. hating on the return game now huh.. we have up graded at a position that he were in dire need for.. for a 5th rounder.. is that to high for you??.. we got a good deal man.. whats your team?? are they not makin deals to get better?? watch out for us man
 8 years ago '09        #63
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
avatar space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
meh.....
 8 years ago '05        #64
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 10681 10681
 Main Event said:
Dog stop it
What is there to stop... He's 25 with lots of upside...

Please tell me why he can't become elite... You were probably saying the same thing about Vernon last year also....

This is Ted Ginn we're talking about... Not Matt Leinhart..
 8 years ago '08        #65
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 ChickzNKickz said:
What is there to stop... He's 25 with lots of upside...

Please tell me why he can't become elite... You were probably saying the same thing about Vernon last year also....

This is Ted Ginn we're talking about... Not Matt Leinhart..
Ted Ginn will never be an Elite WR he's not a great route runner and his hands are eww dude is nothing but a great kick returner and fast as hell....DHB with better kick returning skills

Cmon dog i know you're trying to be optimistic but stop
 8 years ago '05        #66
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 10681 10681
 Main Event said:
Ted Ginn will never be an Elite WR he's not a great route runner and his hands are eww dude is nothing but a great kick returner and fast as hell....DHB with better kick returning skills

Cmon dog i know you're trying to be optimistic but stop
What you expect me to do....

The same naysayers were doubting V. Davis also...

He's 25 and sometime a change of scenery is what's needed for players... The NFC West only has Larry Fitz & TJ as big name receivers...

I have no doubt that Ginn can become elite... Will that happen? No on knows.... Based on his previous years it's easy to say "No", but that still doesn't diminish his potential.
 8 years ago '08        #67
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 ChickzNKickz said:
What you expect me to do....

The same naysayers were doubting V. Davis also...

He's 25 and sometime a change of scenery is what's needed for players... The NFC West only has Larry Fitz & TJ as big name receivers...

I have no doubt that Ginn can become elite... Will that happen? No on knows.... Based on his previous years it's easy to say "No", but that still doesn't diminish his potential.
Vernon and Ginn are 2 complete difference cases Vernon is a natural TE and had all the skills of a TE and dude is just a freak like specimen Ginn was a DB converted to WR and really has nothing but speed

As far as WRs in the NFC West while it might only have 2 Big Names there are still many better pure WRs better then Ginn
 8 years ago '07        #68
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
avatar space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
like to see all my niner fans coming out to support... beast KR
 8 years ago '04        #69
casper 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
am i the only dolphins fan not happy with this??

i understand he had the butterfingers, but i would've liked to see him in the slot with a guy like marshall there...maybe brandon could've helped him...for barely over a mill thats nothing.


i dont follow the college game so i have no idea about the depth in this draft, so i cant be that sure, but i do think ted will excell with alot less pressure on him. im pretty sure he always felt the pressure of living up to that 9th pick, with guys like crabtree finally getting a full camp under his belt & vernon davis turning the corner along with alex smith, that 9ers offense could shock some people


all in all i really dont mind getting rid of ginn...but i wish i couldve seen him with marshall there
 8 years ago '04        #70
stevecham 
space
avatar space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
At first I was hesitant with the trade. But with his salary and the fact we only gave up a 5th for him is gonna be great for our offense. Now the defenses have to put their fastest CB on him and possibly a safety. Which in turn means VD and Crabtree will run wild, now if we get a legitimate RB with receiving skills out the backfield, Alex Smith has no excuse to excel.

Unfortunately now they are saying we will pick f*gboy Clausen if he is there at 13 which will be a horrible decision.
 8 years ago '04        #71
stevecham 
space
avatar space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
 ThaReapa420 said:
I don't think its HORRIBLE God knows we need insurance if Alex doesn't pan out this year and David Carr sure as f**k isn't it and I'm not sure Nate is ready.
Yea but I don't want to spend a 1st round pick on something we don't absolutely need. I would much rather have like a Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, or John Skelton in later rounds. We did visit with Skelton so their might be something there for us.
 8 years ago '05        #72
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 10681 10681
 Main Event said:
Vernon and Ginn are 2 complete difference cases Vernon is a natural TE and had all the skills of a TE and dude is just a freak like specimen Ginn was a DB converted to WR and really has nothing but speed

As far as WRs in the NFC West while it might only have 2 Big Names there are still many better pure WRs better then Ginn
Michael Crabtree was a QB converted to WR... What's Your point...

Ginn was drafted 9th for a reason... If him being a former DB had anything to do with his catching ability, that would of been addressed in College

And yes, Vernon does have the skill set and the physique of a TE but that still doesn't mean he was able to CATCH.. That was something he had to work on during the offseason, and with Ginn's playmaking ability, he can work on his hands also...


 ThaReapa420 said:
I don't think its HORRIBLE God knows we need insurance if Alex doesn't pan out this year and David Carr sure as f**k isn't it and I'm not sure Nate is ready.
But do you think Claussen would be ready to step in and make an immediate impact?? I think I would rather take my chances with Davis... He's more athletic and has a better arm than Claussen, not to mention he would have 2 years of experience under his belt..

I think we can address other needs with that pick...
 8 years ago '05        #73
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
 P. Dedos said:
LMFAOOOOOOOO


[pic - click to view]






lmao
 8 years ago '04        #74
oldnavy1 
space
avatar space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 0 0
Great Move for my Niners....NFC West on lock now.....and don't let us get Clausen and Haden.
 8 years ago '08        #75
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 ChickzNKickz said:
Michael Crabtree was a QB converted to WR... What's Your point...

Ginn was drafted 9th for a reason... If him being a former DB had anything to do with his catching ability, that would of been addressed in College

And yes, Vernon does have the skill set and the physique of a TE but that still doesn't mean he was able to CATCH.. That was something he had to work on during the offseason, and with Ginn's playmaking ability, he can work on his hands also...




...

He shouldnt have been drafted 9th the Dolphins reached they took a chance and as you can see it didnt work even the experts were saying they f**ked up because they took a KR at 9th because thats all he is a good kick returner his speed is his only upside be real....Like i said a good kick returner but as a WR he's DHB

Once again i respect your optimism but he'll never be an Elite WR


Last edited by Main Event; 04-16-2010 at 08:58 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #76
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 10681 10681
 ThaReapa420 said:
I would too but if we made that pick I wouldn't be pissed about it like I was when we picked Alex...I mean I didn't watch any more of the draft after that lol
:lachen001:

I was at that draft... I was kinda disappointed also.... At the time our WR's were HORRIBLE so i was hoping we took Braylon..
 8 years ago '06        #77
chrisf249 
space
avatar space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
im down with these two options

boise state corner n graham

ethomas n graham

we can pick up a ot in the second, what team spends a first on a rt( cant say Levi brown because he sucks)
 8 years ago '05        #78
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
Will miss him returning kicks but wont miss the epic drops *remembers the colts and saints game*
 8 years ago '08        #79
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 5533 5533
 Pstax916 said:
our number 3 guy is brandon jones/jason hill.. hating on the return game now huh.. we have up graded at a position that he were in dire need for.. for a 5th rounder.. is that to high for you??.. we got a good deal man.. whats your team?? are they not makin deals to get better?? watch out for us man
My team is Miami and I've watched Ginn since we drafted him so I dare say I know more about what he's capable of than you do. Brandon Marshall might also have be a good deal for us. Just maybe lol

Ya, I do think you paid a lot considering he's not a WR and Santonio just went for a 5th.
 8 years ago '08        #80
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 5533 5533
 casper said:
am i the only dolphins fan not happy with this??

i understand he had the butterfingers, but i would've liked to see him in the slot with a guy like marshall there...maybe brandon could've helped him...for barely over a mill thats nothing.


i dont follow the college game so i have no idea about the depth in this draft, so i cant be that sure, but i do think ted will excell with alot less pressure on him. im pretty sure he always felt the pressure of living up to that 9th pick, with guys like crabtree finally getting a full camp under his belt & vernon davis turning the corner along with alex smith, that 9ers offense could shock some people


all in all i really dont mind getting rid of ginn...but i wish i couldve seen him with marshall there
Yea, I'd say you're in the minority.

Idk why people think he'd be a good slot guy. He can't catch for s**t and he's not quick. Not to mention that Davone Bess has been excellent in that role so there's no reason to move him.

I would of been interested to see how he would've done with Marshall too, but Hartline is a lot better than Ginn was and I'm really confident he'll make a big impact alongside Marshall.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy