Miami Trades Ted Ginn To San Francisco

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
250 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
chrisf249 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
we good, I told ya we were going to jump on ginn.. now no more spiller talk, i say we try and trade for berry and graham. pick up an OT in the second.
 8 years ago '05        #22
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
49er fans u got a steal right here. Yeah Ginn has had drop problems, but that could be fixed. He was starting to show some flashes at the end of the season last year, and i think he could have been a nice complement to Brandon Marshall. Oh well u got one of the fastest if not the fastest player in the league.
 8 years ago '04        #23
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,478 | Props total: 6418 6418
good move for both teams. It sucks that Miami could have drafted Patrick Willis had front office been patient that year in the draft.

Hopefully Singletary brings the best out of Ginn like he did with Vernon Davis. He could be the next Dante Hall
 8 years ago '08        #24
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,967 | Props total: 5533 5533
I can't believe we got a 5th for him..

You SF fans who think he's a slot reciever will be disappointed. Ginn has straight line speed, but he's not quick and def doesn't have the hands to be in the slot. Not to mention that he's scared of contact and rarely made plays over the middle.

You got a good KR (not punt) with WR 4/5 ability.

Funny that we picked up Kory Sheets from you and he's looking like he'll take Ginn's old job.
 8 years ago '06        #25
chrisf249 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
true ^ but coach sing was talking about drafting spiller in the first.. we had a bad return game last year, at least the plugs that hole.. I also think coach sing will get into ginns head about the drops, see what he did to davis. to be honest ginn is prolly our 4th option on offense Davis, crabs, morgan, gore..
 8 years ago '04        #26
deneye 
space
space
$1,439 | Props total: 17 17
i think he will get straightened out at sf, but then again im being bias because mike singletarys that dude :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '08        #27
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
Idk, if Sparano and Parcells couldn't get him then I don't really see Singletary doing any better.

His problems aren't physical, they're mental.
 8 years ago '07        #28
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,888 | Props total: 1310 1310
Do fans of teams ever admit there team made a dumb trade? I don't know fifth round picks aren't usually all that but i'm sure the Niners could have found one in the later rounds?
 8 years ago '04        #29
stevecham 
space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
 Billdotel said:
Do fans of teams ever admit there team made a dumb trade? I don't know fifth round picks aren't usually all that but i'm sure the Niners could have found one in the later rounds?
How is this a dumb trade? A 5th round pick, how many 5th round picks actually pan out let alone make an impact in year 1?
 8 years ago '06        #30
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,882 | Props total: 2718 2718
 akademiks said:
I wouldn't even trade a supplementary draft pick for this bum, let alone a 5th rounder.
well you cant even trade a supplementary draft pick and we need kick return help so this trade is worth it if its for a 5th rounder or less.
 8 years ago '06        #31
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,882 | Props total: 2718 2718
 SlickJ101 said:
I can't believe we got a 5th for him..

You SF fans who think he's a slot reciever will be disappointed. Ginn has straight line speed, but he's not quick and def doesn't have the hands to be in the slot. Not to mention that he's scared of contact and rarely made plays over the middle.

You got a good KR (not punt) with WR 4/5 ability.

Funny that we picked up Kory Sheets from you and he's looking like he'll take Ginn's old job.
Im actually given up on him to actually being a WR. I just wanted this guy for his KR/PR abilities. If he actually learns to catch a ball while being with Niners then great but I dont expect it.
 8 years ago '06        #32
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
This trade helps us immediately because our kick return game last season was garbage and probably cost us 2-3 games. Plus a 5th round pick isnt much i cant even remember the last time a 5th rd pick panned out for us let alone made impact in their first season like Ginn will. Also we have 2 first rounders which hopefully lands us either Spiller/Haden and Davis.
 8 years ago '08        #33
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ThaReapa420 said:
Same thing that was said about Vernon
Yea, that was said, but wasn't true.

Vernon was just used completely wrong.

Ginn has already been tried in every scenario unless you're holding out hope for him at CB.
 8 years ago '06        #34
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
Biggest steal in recent years. In 2 year, the niners will have one of the best receiving corp in the league.

Last edited by canal_boys; 04-16-2010 at 03:41 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #35
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
Ginn's not even gonna be getting a lot of playing time as a receiver. He's literally 50 times better than our returners last year, which is what he's here for.
 8 years ago '08        #36
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,096 | Props total: 2716 2716
Special teams, that's why the 49ers got him. As a fan (in agreement with other 49er fans), our return game SUCKED. To get Ginn for a 5th round pick and not take a hit in the cap, I'm alright with that. As far as receiver goes, just get him some Singletary Body Wash and he'll be fine. Hell, it worked for Vernon Davis didn't it?
 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM         #37
Pstax916 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
Yea, that was said, but wasn't true.

Vernon was just used completely wrong.

Ginn has already been tried in every scenario unless you're holding out hope for him at CB.
ok now your hatin... homie we just solved a major problem we had in the return game for a 5th round pick when we were gonna used either a 1st (spiller) 2nd or 3rd... nobody cares if he can catch or not

this is the only reason we got him... and he is worth a 5th rounder

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #38
scottybuckets 
space
space
$919 | Props total: 37 37
Thank you! Get'em outta here!
 8 years ago '08        #39
bigshock 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 0 0
Wow. I never knew he was that a.ss cheek. TO Jr is more like it.
 8 years ago '05        #40
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,465 | Props total: 4410 4410
Wow... what a shocker.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy