Kick Ass (2010)

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How do you rate the film "Kick Ass?"
*****-Masterpiece 55 36.18%
****-Excellent 67 44.08%
***-Pretty Good 22 14.47%
**-Fair 4 2.63%
*-Poor 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #21
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 KleinBaller said:
The movie attempted to be funny, and it wasn't. It got to a point where it was just too corny. Action scenes weren't tight, because they were too overdramtic and corny. Storyline was too predictable as well.

I can't BELIEVE this movie is getting good reviews.
Overdramatic and corny, was the point ... the movie just went WHOOSH... right over your head(these ppl fantasized comics ) its cool though everyone has opinions. To give it a 1 though I don't know what the f**k you were watching. I'm not just getting on the ppl that gave it ones too because it's not a masterpiece either but saying the action scenes weren't good too funny. Hating at its finest. If you weren't the least bit entertained, you've got to be like 90 years old.

Last edited by TH35; 04-19-2010 at 12:13 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #22
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
Movie was ill,it most definitely needs to a part two I wanna see what red mist is gonna do. :cool-smiley-009: comic book movies need to step their game up after this.
 04-19-2010, 12:16 AM         #23
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KleinBaller said:
The movie attempted to be funny, and it wasn't. It got to a point where it was just too corny. Action scenes weren't tight, because they were too overdramtic and corny. Storyline was too predictable as well.

I can't BELIEVE this movie is getting good reviews.
I feel sorry for people that can't appreciate these kind of once in a blue moon type of films.
 8 years ago '07        #24
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
I feel sorry for people that can't appreciate these kind of once in a blue moon type of films.
Exactly I'm just glad it didn't take itself too seriously like some other dramatized comic book movies. Yes, I loved DK but I'm talking about it.
 8 years ago '04        #25
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3758 3758
It was good to me they need to make a part 2 so we can see what red moist is gonna do an this s**t was hella funny...... Lmao!!!!!
 8 years ago '98        #26
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3599 3599
I thought it was good... only b/c that little chick kicked major a.ss. That chick needs her own movie man... give her a blade and she'll take out an army

That scene in the hall of books where she goes ape with the dualies made everyone in the theater laugh their a.ss off at the savageness
 8 years ago '04        #27
JimmyfuckinDeee 1 heat pts
space
space
$363 | Props total: 1 1
Great flick, I'll be coppin this one on Blu-ray when it drops.
 8 years ago '04        #28
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
im surprised so many people seem to like this movie, movie has its faults but if you look at it as it portrayed to be, which is a action-comedy, but to me it more played off like a dramatic satire then i'd say this movie did serve its purpose and better than i preceived it would.

a few holes but like i said atleadt 3.5-4/5 but exactly a 3.8 in my books
 8 years ago '04        #29
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
Just saw it again. Better the second time around. I can't believe anyone would give this a 1. SMH
 04-20-2010, 02:36 AM         #30
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Am I the only one that got sad when
[spoiler - click to view]

And I was laughing real hard at the part when Red Mist and Kick a.ss were in the
[spoiler - click to view]

...Oh s**t I thought I was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.

I just realized this movie has it all... action, drama, comedy, suspense, over the top antics and the whole 9. I'm going to see this again I think...
 8 years ago '10        #31
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
I gave it a five. s**t is off the chain. My favorite scene is when Kick a.ss and Red Mist in the car grooving to that old school joint. s**t had me laughin like a muthaf**ka. There are funny moments all through the film along with plenty of action. This film has pushed the limits when it comes to kid films (movies that star kids in top and support roles).
 8 years ago '06        #32
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8660 8660
its aight movie its a weird story kinda wacky the beginning is real slow and the old father and little girl saved the movie without that action scene with the little girl the movie would be a complete a.ss I like that it is different creative but its just weird to me to see that little girl k!llin everybody and that nerd becoming a superhero everything is thrown together weird to me

now if the movie was about the father and daughter and they were a.ssassains that would of been cool as hell

Last edited by marcusaka50; 04-21-2010 at 02:27 AM..
 8 years ago '10        #33
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
I notice there have been alot of people saying that the girl and the dad make the movie great. I don't understand why people say that. Not only is most of comedy in the film surrouneded by Kick a.ss but he also make the movie float with a character that we can believe in. If the movie was about the girl and the dad it would still have lots of potential, but there would probably be very little realism to it, if any at all. The action scenes in the film featuring the girl and the dad are great, but the scenes are very unreal, while most of the action scenes involving Kick a.ss are extremely real from the knife stab to the a.ss whoopin in front of the store that made him famous, to dodging the fire. It is Kick a.ss that give the watcher a serious idea of what could happen if one tried to be a masked hero in real life.

On a side note....the only thing about this film I didn't like was that they made Kick a.ss look a little unrealistically weak with females. Everything about Kick a.ss character is great other than the parts when he's dealing with that chick. Film would have been a little better had they omitted the girl friend scenario or at least omitted the cliched shy locker scenes.

Girl and Dad are great ,but they really just k!ll alot of the realism the film could have produced thanks to their cool, but unbelievable f!ghting ability. At the end of the day, some will say....well, it's a comic book film, what do u expect....I will say thats a cheap bailout for a film that could have damn near been an unarguable classic rather than a borderline classic. I stick by my 5, but I understand why others may give it a 3 or 4.

Last edited by Megastorm; 04-21-2010 at 07:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #34
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Megastorm said:
I notice there have been alot of people saying that the girl and the dad make the movie great. I don't understand why people say that. Not only is most of comedy in the film surrouneded by Kick a.ss but he also make the movie float with a character that we can believe in. If the movie was about the girl and the dad it would still have lots of potential, but there would probably be very little realism to it, if any at all. The action scenes in the film featuring the girl and the dad are great, but the scenes are very unreal, while most of the action scenes involving Kick a.ss are extremely real from the knife stab to the a.ss whoopin in front of the store that made him famous, to dodging the fire. It is Kick a.ss that give the watcher a serious idea of what could happen if one tried to be a masked hero in real life.

On a side note....the only thing about this film I didn't like was that they made Kick a.ss look a little unrealistically weak with females. Everything about Kick a.ss character is great other than the parts when he's dealing with that chick. Film would have been a little better had they omitted the girl friend scenario or at least omitted the cliched shy locker scenes.

Girl and Dad are great ,but they really just k!ll alot of the realism the film could have produced thanks to their cool, but unbelievable f!ghting ability. At the end of the day, some will say....well, it's a comic book film, what do u expect....I will say thats a cheap bailout for a film that could have damn near been an unarguable classic rather than a borderline classic. I stick by my 5, but I understand why others may give it a 3 or 4.
You broke it down. Kick a.ss was actually my fav. character in the film. I liked everyone else too but you touched on exactly why I liked Kick a.ss more.
 8 years ago '05        #35
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 72 72
 thehogue... said:
Definitely hating big time. This isn't even an opinion factor a 1 could've at least gave it a two. I don't think you've actually seen it though. If you did, probably the bootleg. Hit girl did the most damage but she wasn't the only one. If you didn't laugh at anything at all you probably watched it angry as hell .

[pic - click to view]

the movie failed at being a comedy. it had action in the movie but it lost its credibility when the girl was busting a.ss.
 8 years ago '07        #36
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 MATIX said:

[pic - click to view]

the movie failed at being a comedy. it had action in the movie but it lost its credibility when the girl was busting a.ss.
It wasn't a comedy (although its advertised mainly as one) its action first then comedy but I mean I can understand how you feel about Hit Girl. You're one of the few ppl I've heard that saw it w/o reading the comic that didn't like it. The way you explained it now its more sensible.

Last edited by TH35; 04-22-2010 at 02:38 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #37
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3537 3537
I was just watching it online....I had to stop it at about 25 minutes in.

I got see this in the theaters.

8 years ago '05        #38
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
movie was great...and i hate on a lot of movies
 04-24-2010, 09:55 PM         #39
chloearr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was a good movie but I thought it was supposed to be a comedy. I didn't even laugh once.
 8 years ago '06        #40
StraightUp99 
space
space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 0 0
Movie started off slow but "Hit Girl" made that s**t great..."If only i had a son like her."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy