Power/Balance (wrist bands) Phils and Yanks.

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '10        #1
11864 pageviews
3 comments

HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
Power/Balance (wrist bands) Phils and Yanks.

Sorry if this was posted before but i didnt see anything, i noticed alot of Phillies and Yanks are wearing Wristband and bracletes and i wanted to know what they where and came across this.

[pic - click to view]

Phillies take strength and balance test
THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER | BY PHIL SHERIDAN | Tue, Mar 23, 11:12 PM
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- As the New York Yankees take batting practice a few feet away, a strange man is holding my hand and trying to knock me over.

The things we do for journalism . . .

The man is Marty Burns, and he is trying to explain a new performance enhancer that Major League Baseball doesn't test for. That's because there's no need for a test.

The players using Burns' product, the Power Balance wristband, are easy to spot with the nekkid eye. Even Bud Selig couldn't miss the distinctive silver discs on the wrists of Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, and Jayson Werth -- as well as Nick Swisher, Curtis Granderson, and, it is said, that master of performance enhancers, Alex Rodriguez.

As the Phillies compete with the Yankees for baseball supremacy, these little gadgets may turn out to be the difference maker. How better to settle an arms race than with something you wear on your arms? Of course, the discs may also turn out to be a brief fad forgotten along with the Grapefruit League standings.

How they work -- make that if they work -- is the real issue, and that's why Burns is gripping my hand and trying to knock me sideways. Burns, the vice president of business development for Power Balance, is administering one of two tests designed to demonstrate the remarkable impact the little shimmery discs are supposed to have on strength and balance.

The strength test goes like this: You stand flat-footed with your arms stiff at your sides, palms cupped. Burns grips your hand and pushes down. It takes mere seconds for him to knock you off-balance.

Then he hands you a Power Balance bracelet -- think of a rubber Livestrong-style bangle with two shiny discs embedded inside -- and repeats the test. This time, even though he pushes with the same apparent effort, you're able to maintain your balance much better.

The balance test is similar. As you stand on one leg, arms straight out to the sides, Burns pushes down on one arm. With the bracelet, you're able to stay balanced noticeably longer.

There is a difference, but is it created by the mysterious bracelet or the even more mysterious human mind? For one thing, you're better prepared for what's coming the second time around, so you're better braced. For another, if you expect there to be a difference, you're apt to sense a difference.

The power of suggestion is formidable. Take it from someone who almost orders a Yoshiblade -- the last knife you will ever need -- at least once a month.

Burns brings in Taylor Holiday, a former Yankees prospect, to explain the technology. The little silver discs are Mylar, similar to the material on a compact disc, and are digitally encoded with a frequency "that your body can tune into." The two-year-old company was founded by brothers Josh and Troy Rodarmel (Josh played quarterback at Yale), who sought to do digitally what some believe can be done with crystals.

The business plan seems to involve getting the product on the wrists of as many professional athletes as possible. Shaquille O'Neal and Lamar Odom, Mark Sanchez and Matt Stafford, and Rodriguez and Granderson all sport the little bands.

Burns and Holiday were in Clearwater, doing the strength and balance tests and handing out wristbands to Phillies. Within hours, a bracelet-wearing Wilson Valdez had slammed the winning home run in the bottom of the ninth (off Phil Hughes, who also wears a bracelet, but never mind that). A day later, the bracelet-wearing Howard and Victorino hit homers against Tampa Bay. Howard hit one to right and one to left.

"We like 'em," Howard said, laughing at the idea that the bracelet triggered his two-homer outburst. "They match the unis."

At least a dozen Phillies were wearing them yesterday, among them Placido Polanco, Ben Francisco, Ross Gload, John Mayberry, and Charlie Manuel. There was even one proponent from the medical community: "Doc" Halladay wore a band on his left wrist.

"I'm wearing it because it's red," reliever J.C. Romero, who always wears something on his wrist as he warms up, said. "I'm not sure about the rest of it. If you think it helps you, it probably helps you."

Manuel said he took the strength and balance tests Monday. He'd been wearing a white wristband ever since.

"It's just some rubber and that little disc," Manuel said. "I don't feel anything, no. But you never know. When I was a hitting coach, if a guy thought he was having success because of something, I didn't say anything. Let him think it."

Ultimately, the only way to be sure about something like this is to test it yourself. So I wore a red Power Balance bracelet as I wrote this column. Was the writing any stronger? That's hard to say. But this is for sure: I didn't fall over once.

___

(c) 2010, The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Visit Philadelphia Online, the Inquirer's World Wide Web site, at
[pic - click to view]

philly.com: Philadelphia local news, sports, jobs, cars, homes

Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.

[pic - click to view]

Phillies take strength and balance test

[pic - click to view]

Power Balance - Performance Technology

3 comments for "Power/Balance (wrist bands) Phils and Yanks."

04-15-2010, 05:11 PM         #2
KDshortkid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This sounds like the Phiton necklaces that became popular last year I think
 8 years ago '05        #3
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,557 | Props total: 1171 1171
yah big ben had one of them on when he came out that club's bathroom.
 8 years ago '05        #4
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 24 24
i've had one for the past year. you wouldn't think they work but they really do..
wear it when i ball or do anything athletic..

569 - 103 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 84% 2 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 4-2, Rank #212 | Aug 14: 69-20, Rank #59 | Aug 13: 111-27, Rank #24 | Aug 12: 415-99, Rank #11 | Aug 11: 74-23, Rank #61 | Aug 10: 2042-879, Rank #1 | Aug 09: 1049-376, Rank #1 | Aug 08: 1452-454, Rank #1 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy