(2) Orlando Magic vs. (7) Charlotte Bobcats - 1st Round

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win this series?
Magic in 4 14 25.00%
Magic in 5 22 39.29%
Magic in 6 5 8.93%
Magic in 7 7 12.50%
Bobcats in 4 0 0%
Bobcats in 5 0 0%
Bobcats in 6 3 5.36%
Bobcats in 7 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
17164 pageviews
590 comments

katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
(2) Orlando Magic vs. (7) Charlotte Bobcats - 1st Round

[pic - click to view]

vs

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Game #1 - Sunday April 18th @ 5:30 PM ET
Game #2 - Wed April 21st @ 7 PM ET
Game #3 - Sat April 24th @ 2 PM ET
Game #4 - Mon April 26th @ TBD
*Rest are TBD, If Necessary*

Mighty Magic a tough first-round foe for MJ's 'Cats
The Magic reached the NBA Finals last year. The Bobcats are in the playoffs for the first time. What's not to like for the Magic? How can this series not go their way?

Unless the new owner of the Bobs decides to suit up, there shouldn't be much in terms of suspense here.

The last time Charlotte felt the tingle of a playoff berth was 2002, when the Hornets were still in town and the Hive was alive. Much has changed since, of course. New franchise, new building, new owner. It all adds up to a fresh new beginning for the Bobs, heretofore known as the Jordans.

The Jordans aren't just happy to be here. Just ask Stephen Jackson, as cutthroat as they come in the big moments. Jackson led a spirited playoff chase in Oakland two years ago with the Warriors, who upset the Mavericks in the first round, so the potential for drama isn't entirely low. Gerald Wallace made the All-Star team and does many things to impact games: scoring, rebounding, defense, gut-spilling. There's no intimidating these guys, who will throw whatever they have at the defending Eastern Conference champs.

The problem: Orlando is only the hottest team entering the playoffs, losing only five times since the All-Star break and looking solid on both ends. The Magic have also beaten the Jordans 10 out of 11, including three of four times this season, although all but one of those games were close.

This will be the initial playoff test for the Magic with Vince Carter instead of Hedo Turkoglu, so you can imagine they're anxious to put all questions to rest regarding whether Orlando did the right thing by exchanging players last summer. So far, so good: Carter is hitting his shots while Hedo now has more time to hit the nightclubs (he was out clubbing when he was supposed to be injured a few weeks ago).

The most interesting player won't be in uniform, however. This is Michael Jordan's playoff debut, too, at least as an owner, and he'll be worth watching as much as the action on the floor. Jordan lived for these moments with the Bulls. Will he die in his courtside chair if the J's fail to make the games close? Does he lace up the sneaks at halftime? Try to mimic the Jumpman? Or just sit there and do a slow meltdown?

Best we just watch and see.

Five quick questions

1. Is Vince Carter still, at this stage of his career, a big-game player? Wisely, the Magic don't depend entirely on Carter, not like Toronto and the Nets once did. The Magic and Carter are better off when the ball and the load is evenly distributed.

2. Is there a better in-game coach than Larry Brown? A subjective question, for sure, but let's just say Brown is one of the few coaches who makes a difference. This is the eighth team he's taken to the postseason, which says plenty about his skill ... and his job-hopping.

3. Will Time Warner Cable Arena provide a playoff atmosphere? That's iffy. The building is almost never full and lacks the basketball charm of any number of college games in the Charlotte area. If the Cats come home trailing 0-2, some fans might say, "Why bother showing up?"

4. Can Superman overcome his kryptonite? Dwight Howard is a 59-percent free-throw shooter, which makes him a liability with the game on the line. Imagine: Orlando at times would be better off keeping the ball out of the hands of its franchise player.

5. Will Jordan make a public appearance at a Charlotte home playoff game? Well, now that it's his money invested in the team, yeah.
When the Magic have the ball ...

There's a popular chain in California called In-N-Out burger, which also describes Orlando's offense. The players feed Dwight Howard first, and if he's covered, he kicks it out to a collection of 3-point shooters. Nice recipe if you have the ingredients.

The Jordans can throw Nazr Mohammed, Tyson Chandler, Theo Ratliff and Tyrus Thomas at Howard and hope 4=1. Well, their main advantage is they have six fouls each. Might as well put them to good use. We should mention the Jordans are No. 1 in the NBA in fewest points allowed. (Reason: They slow the tempo.)
When the Bobcats have the ball ...

Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace are the same type of player, but they have great harmony together. Both are willing to take the last shot, too, while Wallace brings the extra dimension of rebounding. Nobody else on Charlotte is particularly dangerous with the ball.

You venture into the lane against Orlando at your own risk, which is considerable, with Howard ready to return all shots back to sender. Matt Barnes is a pest, and we use that description affectionately, because of the way he gets in the grill of whomever he's guarding.
In the clutch

Orlando's Rashard Lewis dropped a handful of daggers on Cleveland last spring and is well-equipped to duplicate, despite his uneven season. Orlando usually whips the ball around to find the open man, and the Magic have great confidence in Lewis.

Charlotte's Stephen Jackson doesn't care what you or I think about him, which makes him the perfect last-minute shooter. Meaning: If he misses, you can rip him in the chat rooms or talk radio and he won't take it personally or professionally. He's not afraid to fail.
Wild cards

The last time Larry Brown was in the postseason, he took the Pistons to the Eastern finals. His teams are prepared when they do qualify for spring. But Charlotte must overcome a knack for sloppiness; only Minnesota averaged more turnovers.

The Magic shot 3-pointers better than all but three other teams, and if they shoot a high percentage, the other team is toast. The knock on Stan Van Gundy is that he panics under pressure, but we haven't seen that this season.
The pick

Too much Orlando, too soon for the first-time Jordans. This won't be a sweep but a quick five games for the Magic.

I think that it will be a close series and that the Bobcats will take em to game 7 and hopefully win. But this def wont be no 4-0 series imo.

Last edited by katalist; 04-15-2010 at 02:44 PM..

590 comments for "(2) Orlando Magic vs. (7) Charlotte Bobcats - 1st Round"

8 years ago '06        #2
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
magic in 6
 8 years ago '05        #3
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,204 | Props total: 171 171
:hyper: Bobcats in 6
 8 years ago '98        #4
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3598 3598
lol.. had to get a Pacer fan to make the Bobcat Magic thread. Where are the magic and cat fans at
 8 years ago '04        #5
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,739 | Props total: 6444 6444
 ronnie said:
lol.. had to get a Pacer fan to make the Bobcat Magic thread. Where are the magic and cat fans at
I've been out getting some fishing gear for Cats fans. Might as well save them the trouble.

Oh, Magic in 5
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #6
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,976 | Props total: 163 163
I wouldn't fill to great about this series had the 'Cats not recently beat the Magic (In Orlando) without Gerald Wallace.

The 'Cats have tons of bigs to throw at Dwight & are the best defensive team in the NBA led by a bunch of veterans.

Should be a fun series.
 8 years ago '05        #7
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
I got the Bobcats in 6 :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '05        #8
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
magic in 7, bobcats r a problem for the elite teams for sum reason
 8 years ago '04        #9
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,517 | Props total: 6451 6451
Orlando in 7
 8 years ago '10        #10
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
magic in 6
 8 years ago '08        #11
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
No predictions from me cause I always f**k my team over.

Should be a great series though :)
 8 years ago '10        #12
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Magic sweeping the Bobcats.

Talk s**t now :cool-smiley-009:
 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM         #13
Clipse36 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
magic in 5...f**k a bobcat...any magic fan thats good with photoshop needs to make a magic playoff avatar
 8 years ago '08        #14
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
 Clipse36 said:
magic in 5...f**k a bobcat...any magic fan thats good with photoshop needs to make a magic playoff avatar
Bobs in 7...fuk a magic...and I use Photoshop every fukn day at my job...I'll photoshop u Dwight, Stan and Vince fishing at the same pool Dwight's baby mama was showing us how low she could go with Luda and TO during AS Weekend punk.

PS Adobe Photoshop CS5 will change the way I do s**t real talk.

Last edited by EMER1TUS; 04-15-2010 at 05:16 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #15
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1173 1173
magic in 5...easy
 8 years ago '05        #16
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
 dj X said:
I've been out getting some fishing gear for Cats fans. Might as well save them the trouble.

Oh, Magic in 5
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #17
Itzike 
space
space
$2,810 | Props total: 408 408
Magic n 5
 8 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 I Am... said:
magic in 7, bobcats r a problem for the elite teams for sum reason
Yeah this should be a great series I see it goign 7 games no doubt. Either team could win in game 7, but it def gonna be close.
 8 years ago '05        #19
space
space
Jackson gonna pimp slap Carter this series

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by katalist; 04-15-2010 at 05:45 PM..
 04-15-2010, 05:50 PM         #20
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Magic in 5 but hopefully they both lose the series.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy