most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
268 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '10        #1
7765 pageviews
75 comments

HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
Kobe Bryant/Philadelphia Hate. E60.

i just caught the kobe philadelphia thing on espn, about how philly hates him, and honestly i don't have a problem with Kobe, but does anyone from Philly really consider him like a home town guy?

he lived here till he was what 6? went to italy and came back for highschool ball, then went to LA, its not like he was a really big staple here. i dunno maybe its just me but i dont consider him a home town hero because he didn't do much in the home town.

agree/dissagree. just kind of wanted to get peoples thoughts.

75 comments for "Kobe Bryant/Philadelphia Hate. E60."

8 years ago '07        #2
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
sun, b**ches, palm trees >>> thug n*ggas with freeway beards
 8 years ago '07        #3
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
i think tupac was born in brooklyn william
 8 years ago '06        #4
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
76ers fans kinda embraced iverson as the anti kobe.... the kid from the streets, even though he was from VA.... but during the finals it got more heated cause kobe would have 3 commercials to every 1 of iversons... as a young buck, I got disgusted watching all them mcdonalds joints. 2 lol.... people always thought kobe was a spoiled brat/house n*gga/pre modona etc etc... its funny 10 years later looking back on things though... kobe became a complete player while iverson eventually gave up and threw the management and other young players under the bus... 9 outta 10 cats woulda taken iverson over kobe in 2000 and now its the complete opposite... imo im in the minority but i think peeps got over infatuated with ai's image and persona and gave him more of a pass then anybody I can or my relatives can recall in the philly sports scene

but yeah I was at game 5 of the bucks series in 2001 and dudes already had vulgar signs and chants out s**tting on and calling out kobe... honestly i think regardless of the italy trip, if kobe woulda grew up in a more hood area as opposed to the burbs, the reaction woulda been a lot different.. cause that seemed to be the biggest beef with kobe
 8 years ago '04        #5
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,849 | Props total: 2007 2007
f**k kobe
 04-11-2010, 11:42 PM         #6
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 notoriousthugzz said:
f**k kobe
this.
 8 years ago '04        #7
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
He doesn't have much of a connection to Philly.. It was pretty much where he was born and where he played HS basketball. Whereas Lebron was born in Ohio, grew up in Ohio and now plays ball there.

He's just not a Philly guy, and as much as he tried to affiliate himself with the city and make it his hometown, people just didn't accept him. s**t, he even went as far to have Philly rappers on his failed rap album (Black Thought, Beanie Sigel, Broady Boy). He was never the type of person you would a.ssociate with the city. Even as a high school player he was too high profile, too protected/sheltered and really just too "Hollywood".

I guess he learned after a while that he would have to accept that Philadelphia won't accept him with open arms like he expected they would. So now he just goes to his high school and that's about it.

Maybe it would have been different had he played for the 76ers but .

Last edited by A.G; 04-11-2010 at 11:46 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #8
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
no body considers him a hometown hero,my uncle knew his dad and kobe,and said kobe just played in his driveway all the time alone,and didnt really ball with the other kids like that wen he was a kid,and the n*ggas wasnt really feelin him in highschool
 8 years ago '10        #9
HeyCobra 7 heat pts OP
space
space
 akademiks said:
He doesn't have much of a connection to Philly.. It was pretty much where he was born and where he played HS basketball. Whereas Lebron was born in Ohio, grew up in Ohio and now plays ball there.

He's just not a Philly guy, and as much as he tried to affiliate himself with the city and make it his hometown, people just didn't accept him. s**t, he even went as far to have Philly rappers on his failed rap album (Black Thought, Beanie Sigel, Broady Boy). He was never the type of person you would a.ssociate with the city. Even as a high school player he was too high profile, too protected/sheltered and really just too "Hollywood".

I guess he learned after a while that he would have to accept that Philadelphia won't accept him with open arms like he expected they would. So now he just goes to his high school and that's about it.

Maybe it would have been different had he played for the 76ers but .
Can't even imagen what it be like if the sixers took kobe and LA had iverson, wonder if iverson could have pulled it off if he had Shaq
 8 years ago '04        #10
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 HeyCobra said:
Can't even imagen what it be like if the sixers took kobe and LA had iverson, wonder if iverson could have pulled it off if he had Shaq
Probably in 99-00 cause Shaq was a one-man force of nature..

I don't know what would happen in 00-01 and beyond cause Iverson was pretty ball-dominant and couldn't play D.
 04-11-2010, 11:53 PM         #11
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
philly hate everything...that city is a s**thole
 8 years ago '06        #12
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,676 | Props total: 8625 8625
so Kobe is basically from philly but he isn't a philly n*gga
 8 years ago '09        #13
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 DrX said:
chilll son
 8 years ago '06        #14
space
space
space
 HeyCobra said:
any above averege 2 guard woulda prolly won with shaq at that time... iverson pretty much bullied stackhouse outta the city early and made it clear he wanted his 20+ shots a game, so to be honest imo if his ego woulda taken a smaller role to play with shaq... hell even when he fell off he didn't want to be a sidekick... its funny all these nba cats and coaches have nice things to say about ai, but no star players were eager to play with him and coaches didn't wanna bring him on board... hence larry brown in charlotte
 8 years ago '06        #15
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
so Kobe is basically from philly but he isn't a philly n*gga

as ignorant as it sounds, him growing up in the burbs had a lot to do with the hate....
 8 years ago '09        #16
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 8550 8550
Kobe haters don't only live in PA, we're international baby.

f**k Kobe.
 8 years ago '06        #17
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 DrX said:
 8 years ago '10        #18
HeyCobra 7 heat pts OP
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
as ignorant as it sounds, him growing up in the burbs had a lot to do with the hate....
i kind of figured that from the piece they showed cause they did mention the burbs and not philly, he just seemed to have some hate back like he had to prove somthing to a city, that people dont really a.ssociate him with i guess. After the all-star game booing i can see, but seems like he had this built up before that
 04-12-2010, 12:40 AM         #19
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
pretty much, them n*ggas booed Santa Claus, ungrateful a.ss n*ggas
 04-12-2010, 12:46 AM         #20
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe Bryant is Illuminati

Think about it...triangle offense?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Shakespeare; 04-12-2010 at 12:47 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago