Santonio Holmes Traded to the Jets / Suspended First 4 Games Of Season

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #1
13414 pageviews
323 comments

EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,750 | Props total: 12177 12177
Santonio Holmes Traded to the Jets / Suspended First 4 Games Of Season

The Jets image

2010 5th Round Draft Pick

I'm laughing cuz my boy is a Diehard Steelers fan and I know he fuk wit Santonio

Holmes suspended 4 games
 J.R. Hyphy said: image

[pic - click to view]

Jets' new WR Holmes suspended 4 games by NFL - Yahoo! News
NEW YORK – Santonio Holmes was walking his dog at home Sunday night when he received an unexpected phone call.
It was the Pittsburgh Steelers, telling their talented but troubled wide receiver he had been traded to the New York Jets for a fifth-round pick in this year's draft.
"I was very shocked at first," Holmes said during a conference call Monday. "But, I knew it definitely opened up a lot more doors and a better opportunity for me to start over."
Holmes won't make his Jets regular-season debut until Week 5 of the regular season after the NFL suspended him earlier in the day without pay for the first four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
"We understood that was part of it, but we just felt like even with that, it was worth it," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "Obviously, a guy with his production and at 26 years old, he would not have been available if these indiscretions didn't happen, and obviously the suspension. But, with that said, we just felt like the risk and the price was reasonable for us."
Unafraid lately to add players with checkered pasts, Tannenbaum said he, coach Rex Ryan and owner Woody Johnson had "a robust debate and robust discussions" before deciding to acquire Holmes.
"We're not going into this with our eyes closed," Tannenbaum said.
Holmes, the 2009 Super Bowl MVP, is eligible to participate in the team's offseason program and in all preseason practices and games. He would be suspended for an entire season if he violates the league's policy again.
"To go back down the same road, make the same mistakes, won't be accepted," Holmes said.
Holmes is coming off his best season, with 79 catches for 1,248 yards and five touchdowns. But he is also facing a lawsuit in Florida from a woman who claims he threw a glass at her, cutting her above the eye, in an Orlando nightclub. A witness has since taken responsibility, according to Holmes' lawyer.
Holmes was also arrested in 2008 for possession of marijuana, and involved in a domestic violence incident in 2006; the misdemeanor charges were later dismissed. He was also recently accused of telling a fan to "kill urself" on his Twitter page, but implied that his account was hacked.
"It wasn't me," Holmes said. "I never tried to defend myself on that topic among anyone on Twitter or among anyone that tried to ask me for interviews. I would definitely be accountable for my actions if I did say it."
The 5-foot-11 Holmes, a first-round pick out of Ohio State in 2006, has one year remaining on his contract and will essentially be on a 12-game tryout for a long-term deal. The Jets have taken the same one-season approach with Braylon Edwards, another wide receiver who came to New York with baggage, and cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who was acquired from San Diego even though he was dealing with paternity issues.
Holmes has 235 catches for 3,835 yards and 20 touchdowns, but his troubles off the field could explain the relatively low price the Jets paid to get him. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Monday, citing anonymous sources, that the Steelers were prepared to release Holmes if they couldn't find a trade partner.
"I don't think I need to dig myself out of any hole," Holmes said. "These guys have opened their arms to me right now and all I have to do is walk into them."
The deal came together quickly as talks between the teams began late Saturday night. Holmes gives the Jets a game-breaking player for an offense that already included second-year quarterback Mark Sanchez, wide receivers Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery, tight end Dustin Keller, running backs Shonn Greene, Leon Washington and the recently signed LaDainian Tomlinson.
"Obviously, there's been some bumps in the road in the past and hopefully he's learned from that," Tannenbaum said. "We understand that there's risks, significant risks."
Despite being benched earlier in the 2008 season for the marijuana arrest, Holmes made a number of big plays for Pittsburgh — none bigger than in the Super Bowl against Arizona. His tiptoe catch in the corner of the end zone of a 6-yard pass from Ben Roethlisberger with 35 seconds left sent the Steelers to a 27-23 victory.
The Jets clearly see Holmes as another major piece in making their own Super Bowl run after finishing a win short last season.
"I know for a fact that's why they brought me here," Holmes said. "The opportunity presented itself for the Jets to acquire me, and I'm definitely here for a reason."

Last edited by EMER1TUS; 04-11-2010 at 10:34 PM..

323 comments for "Santonio Holmes Traded to the Jets / Suspended First 4 Games Of Season"

04-11-2010, 10:32 PM         #2
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why u laughin, great trade for the jets prolly gave up s**t to get him.. now we got the wr position covered and can draft a pass rusher
 04-11-2010, 10:32 PM         #3
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 years ago '05        #4
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
yeah i put it in their thread... its an upgrade
 8 years ago '06        #5
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
dont get whats funny ...
 04-11-2010, 10:33 PM         #6
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I wonder if this had to do with the glass at the face incident?
 8 years ago '06        #7
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
For a 5th round pick :wow:

STEAL.
 04-11-2010, 10:34 PM         #8
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
please tell me he didn't get traded,because of that incident at the bar...i KNOW they didn't do that...and what did the jets give up?
 04-11-2010, 10:34 PM         #9
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What a horrible week for this cat. Probably on suicide watch after finding out Sanchez is his QB now
 8 years ago '08        #10
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11625 11625
f**k that n*gga but its now official...................The Jets are a f**kin problem

The Steelers f**kin lost
 8 years ago '06        #11
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
Glad to see my dude Holmes out of s**tsburgh
 04-11-2010, 10:36 PM         #12
Ether Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow...the jets are f**king teams left and right

another steal by the jets
 8 years ago '04        #13
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
great pickup for the jets
 8 years ago '05        #14
marzeial 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,485 | Props total: 239 239
How did all of the other teams in the NFL not jump at the 5th round pick... :wow: A steal for the Jets... Damn
 8 years ago '06        #15
Mr1979 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 13 13
Is there any team in the league not willin' to help the J-E-T-S win I mean damn. Browns, Chargers, and now the Steelers
 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM         #16
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw a thread before about him being suspended for weed correct? I wonder if he gets charged or pleas for the other case if they will add onto that or count it all together.
 8 years ago '08        #17
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
$34,750 | Props total: 12177 12177
The Jets aint fukn around next year...AFC still goes thru Lucas Oil Field tho.

Peyton is Laughing somewhere like OK young fella watch this
 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM         #18
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn... this thread is getting alot of hits from guests. Damn, BX is 6th on the google list... I'm impressed.

Last edited by Rynoh; 04-11-2010 at 10:41 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #19
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
So the Steelers panic and deal Holmes to an AFC team...lmaoooo
 8 years ago '06        #20
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
what in the flying f**k????

no words right now. wow.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago