I Want to Look Like That Guy (good documentary for all to watch)

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
14202 pageviews
40 comments

enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
I Want to Look Like That Guy (good documentary for all to watch)

Average Joe with high 20s body fat percentage who's tried every quick-fix trying to achieve extreme short term goals, finding every excuse too not commit to a disciplined training regiment and scientific nutrition plan. Now he sticks with it and see where he gets.........

Link to full documentary film stream:
[code]http://vidreel.com/human/NTk0MDU0/[/code]

Good info in here and allows people to observe scenarios we all go through from an outside perspective. image

Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 04-11-2010 at 03:06 AM..

40 comments for "I Want to Look Like That Guy (good documentary for all to watch)"

8 years ago '07        #2
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1841 1841
props
 8 years ago '07        #3
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1841 1841
I just finished watching it. s**t is very good.
 8 years ago '04        #4
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts OP
space
space
One thing I forgot to note is some of the extremes he talks about are about maintaining very low body fat. Others he is just being a whiny biatch.

Ex The God said:
Its loading slow as s**t. I'm definitely going to check it out though.
Refresh; I just checked and it wasn't buffering but after refreshing it started...

Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 04-11-2010 at 10:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #5
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
watching now
 8 years ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
I watched parts. Its deff a good documentary and people who want to get on a plan should really watch it.
 8 years ago '04        #7
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11562 11562
I watched it

it was very good one thing i want to point out is the mental pressure that u go thru while trying to lose weight not even tryna look like a body builder but lose weight to a healthy size and maintain last year when i started working out its like I became a hermit I didnt go out didnt even communicate with ppl and lost some friends actually 2 of my best friends...i lost 49 lbs doing alot of cardio eating nothing but salad with occasions of eating grilled chicken brea$t and thats all I ate rarely did any weight training for like 3 months then got depressed gained it back in 2 months then gained 6 more lbs when i stop doing everything now I started back

working out is hard u just have to be mentally prepared to do stuff
 8 years ago '04        #8
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
Even though at times he was b**ching and moaning, the end result was very impressive. People need to realize that even though he basically was cutting the entire time during those 6 months, he never stopped lifting.

This is why I when people on here tell me "i've got enough muscle, I don't want to get 'bulky' so I'm just gonna do an hour of cardio everyday." Unless you wanna be 160 pounds with 25% body fat, lift, lift, lift and lift some more. Dude was heavy lifting and only doing 15-30 minutes of cardio and turned out 155 pounds and ripped.
 8 years ago '09        #9
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 TheMagicMan said:
Even though at times he was b**ching and moaning, the end result was very impressive. People need to realize that even though he basically was cutting the entire time during those 6 months, he never stopped lifting.

This is why I when people on here tell me "i've got enough muscle, I don't want to get 'bulky' so I'm just gonna do an hour of cardio everyday." Unless you wanna be 160 pounds with 25% body fat, lift, lift, lift and lift some more. Dude was heavy lifting and only doing 15-30 minutes of cardio and turned out 155 pounds and ripped.
so if you do cardio but dont do weightlifting you would have a high body fat %.........25% at 155lb....that dont sound right

im guessing your losing muscle from the excessive cardio????

would running 8 miles, 3 times a week be too excessive i n your opinion???? i lift weight 4 to 5 times a week but run 3 times a weeknot counting the 1 mile i do after every weight lifting session

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 04-12-2010 at 08:30 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #10
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
so if you do cardio but dont do weightlifting you would have a high body fat %.........25% at 155lb....that dont sound right

im guessing your losing muscle from the excessive cardio????

would running 8 miles, 3 times a week be too excessive i n your opinion???? i lift weight 4 to 5 times a week but run 3 times a weeknot counting the 1 mile i do after every weight lifting session
You're losing muscle because if you are at a caloric deficit (lets say 500-1000 calories less than maintenance), you can't add to your muscle mass if you aren't feeding your muscles in order to grow. The reason you should lift weights on a cut is to not only help you lose the fat, but also use what nutrients you DO get to help sustain what mass you have. With the right diet and percentage of protein, your muscles will have just enough nutrition to repair themselves, thus helping to maintain their size. Cardio alone doesn't activate the muscles the way heavy lifting does but it does speed up your metabolic rate by burning more calories. You don't want to just burn a bunch of calories to cut, you want to burn enough calories to lose fat, while eating enough to sustain muscle.

If you do the math, dude didn't build any muscle, he actually lost some which is inevitable when eating very little calories, but it was very minimal compared to the amount of fat he lost.

Here's the breakdown for you: At the show, he was 155 pounds at lets say 4-5% body fat. That puts his lean mass at around 148 pounds. 6 months earlier when he ended his first phas, he was 205 pounds at like 24% bf which puts his lean mass at 155 pounds. So technically he lost 7 pounds of muscle and 50 pounds of fat.

start
205lbs@24%bf - 155.8 lbm, 49.2lbs fat

end
155lbs@4%bf - 148 lbm, 6.3lbs fat

If he would've done only cardio for those 6 months and ate at that low of calories, I can guarantee that he would've lost about 25-30 pounds of lean mass along with 30 pounds of fat. That would put his lean mass at 125-130 pounds and at 20%

155 at 20% bodyfat does NOT look like 155 at 4% bodyfat, they are two completely different body types. He looks "big" because his muscles are visible, but to be honest, dude was pretty small.

Thats what most people don't understand about lifting. You don't lift weights and turn into Big Ron. I hear from people all the time that they don't want to get big, they just want to be ripped so they don't lift weights. But in order to be ripped, you have to have a muscular base to start with and then work HARD to maintainthat base while shedding as much fat as possible.

I would love to see a part 2 to this where he took his current frame after the show and did another bulk phase to see how much muscle he could gain in a year to 6 months.. I am curious to see what he would look like if he got his lbm above 170-175.
 8 years ago '09        #11
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
damn...props...s**t is like f**king science.......sounds like a bunch of formulas....but props man
 8 years ago '04        #12
space
space
I'll post some more interesting documentaries.

Hope everyone has seen Bigger, Strong, Faster......

TheMagicMan said:

In the end; weight lifting = calories burned.

Those are the misguided people who don't understand nutrition is the key.
 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM         #13
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bigger, Strong, Faster is one of the best documentaries I've seen.

Do you happen to have Raising the Bar 1, 2, or 3?

If nobody has seen Strong: The Movie I can post it up later. Here's a couple trailers.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by tech5c; 04-13-2010 at 05:37 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #14
space
space
I've seen links for Raising the Bar 1 & 2 but no 3. I will see if they are still alive.

Is there a story behind Defrancos: Strong? Even d*ckriders were saying it was horrible.
 04-13-2010, 11:55 PM         #15
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's just a documentary about his gym. Personally I enjoyed it. More of a motivational video than a pump up one.

This review sums it up pretty well.
 04-14-2010, 10:15 AM         #16
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I forgot I had posted Strong: The Movie over at itsBX already.

http://www.itsbx.com/showthread.php?p=9908392
 8 years ago '05        #17
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 4717 4717
anyone have a 1 link dvdrip to this

preferable megaupload????
 04-14-2010, 12:00 PM         #18
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
anyone have a 1 link dvdrip to this

preferable megaupload????
Not my link but found one.

[code]http://www.zshare.net/download/7242795833d6b204/[/code]
 8 years ago '05        #19
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 4717 4717
^^^^^^^^^
props
 8 years ago '08        #20
returnofthemack 2 heat pts
space
space
$740 | Props total: 2 2
Great documentary.

Its shows that there is a PROPER way to achieve your results, it is simply ALOT harder than the average joe is willing to go. Stewart stayed consistent with his diet and followed his workout program and achieved his goal.

Observations from the Doc: I observed two thing from this documentary: first being that hard work and proper guidance leads to SHOCKINGLY great results. Second, I found that once Steward achieved that " I want to look like that guy physique" he noticed deep down that it WASN'T something he really wanted to continue to do because of the pain he would have to continue to endure. Through this documentary it looked like Stewart went to hell and back, but learned a few things along the way. In closing, this doc showed that anybody can become lean and ripped, although some may have to work a lot harder than others.

They say you got to know to be a hypocrite. Now Steward knows, do you think he would be willing to go through that process to "look like that guy in the magazine" again?
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy