Eminem vs. Slug from Atmosphere??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #21
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
Slug is winning this thread. JUST SAYIN
 04-10-2010, 11:21 PM         #22
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nkflier23 said:
Em hasn't been the same? He's released only one album and been on like 2 hit songs, both of which he k!lled. He hasn't even really had a chance to present himself back into the public eye

slug> eminem? pfft
i never said he is better im was saying as of right now i would rather listen to slug's versus then eminem's
 8 years ago '04        #23
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,125 | Props total: 1001 1001
....... Tha f**k is Slug? .......
 04-10-2010, 11:23 PM         #24
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Effit said:
Slug is winning this thread. JUST SAYIN
lol just kidding
:iagree:
 8 years ago '05        #25
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
So because Slug isn't as known as Eminem he isn't as good?

I guess NFL 2K5 wasn't as good as Madden because not as many people bought it.

I guess Soulja Boy is better than most of hip hop's greats.

I guess The Hurt Locker was definitely the best movie last year.

See where I'm going with this?
 04-11-2010, 12:37 AM         #26
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 urban angel said:
First Black Eyed Peas are no where near rap they shouldnt be in the same category also i do agree with you that white people buy record but there are a lot of white people that buy cd from artist that are not asher or soulja and em and slug tell stories that would relate to everyone no matter what race
and ya Em does talk about r*pe and s**t like that but that relates to some ppl in this world that has gone through the abuse im just saying
I know I feel the same way about Black Eyed Peas but no matter how much we hate them at the end of the day they are considered hip-hop even if they are wack as f**k, and I meant people like Soulja Boy and them sell because of the large groups of little white kids who buy hip-hop. I was just pointing out how its been absorbed into mainstream America and Britnay Spears and Nsync have been replaced by people like Solja Boy, lil wayne ect are now pop icons with install bases in places hip-hop never was even 5 years ago. I wasnt reflecting on the white fan base as a whole because I'm well aware they make up most underground fans and a good number of it's artists, and as far as musical taste goes all races show equally poor taste as a whole imo. I was just pointing out how ridiculous that dudes idea of market share was. Hip-hop is around the second most popular forms of music out now, does he really think 13% of the population listens to more music than 70-75% of the population?

Last edited by Apostrophe; 04-11-2010 at 12:39 AM..
 04-11-2010, 01:51 AM         #27
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Effit said:
SLUG > Eminem

Slug has better music, better content, is just as lyrically skilled as Eminem, can freestyle and battle (off the f**kin top son) better or equally as well as Eminem, and has a huge undeground fan base, bigger than a lot of main stream artists. If you don't think Slug is on some s**t, just check this s**t out,

Look, obviously Eminem is one of the greats so if you completely disagree it's understandable. But people like myself wouldn't even bother saying what we are saying if Slug was just some dude. If you don't know about Atmosphere or the Midwest underground ur missing out on a lot of good music. So take it for what it's worth. SLUG > Eminem

On the real, I'm always checking for both of their albums. Two of the best doing it right now. Glad to see this thread was finally made.
bro you read my mind both are raw but as for Em he is fallin off but i think his new cd is ganna be raw.
 04-11-2010, 02:00 AM         #28
40dash1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Slug Lost, Eminem lost too
 04-11-2010, 02:11 AM         #29
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 40dash1 said:
slug lost, eminem lost too
get out now!
 04-11-2010, 02:17 AM         #30
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
Slug is a better storyteller than Em. And his content is better while the song structure is about equal..but Em has better rhyme structure. Prime Em is better than Slug but Slug right now is a better artist than Eminem.
hold up, what??

stan, public enemy #1, my fault, as the world turns
even his new horrorcore s**t might be weird as hell but buffalo bill is sick

slug is good but yeah i think you're overrating him a bit now
 8 years ago '05        #31
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 2D.... said:
hold up, what??

stan, public enemy #1, my fault, as the world turns
even his new horrorcore s**t might be weird as hell but buffalo bill is sick

slug is good but yeah i think you're overrating him a bit now
Yesterday, The Waitress, The Woman With the Tattooed Hands, etc.

Stan was powerful no doubt but slug is just better storytelling wise. More detailed and vivid and more abstract and meaningful stories. Both are dope at it though.
 8 years ago '09        #32
ImageOfTruth 
space
space
$3,053 | Props total: 16 16
Everyone go back to the first page and listen to that Scapegoat track by Atmosphere. s**t is extra raw, everything else I've heard from them I aint too big on. But that one track is pretty solid.
 04-11-2010, 12:46 PM         #33
rd Meth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
slug > eminem x 2

lol @ people saying slug is overrated when they probably only listened to him one time

Last edited by rd Meth; 04-11-2010 at 12:47 PM..
 8 years ago '10        #34
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Effit said:
SLUG > Eminem

Slug has better music, better content, is just as lyrically skilled as Eminem, can freestyle and battle (off the f**kin top son) better or equally as well as Eminem, and has a huge undeground fan base, bigger than a lot of main stream artists. If you don't think Slug is on some s**t, just check this s**t out,

Look, obviously Eminem is one of the greats so if you completely disagree it's understandable. But people like myself wouldn't even bother saying what we are saying if Slug was just some dude. If you don't know about Atmosphere or the Midwest underground ur missing out on a lot of good music. So take it for what it's worth. SLUG > Eminem

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Mocking Mind; 04-11-2010 at 12:48 PM..
 04-11-2010, 01:03 PM         #35
rd Meth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reading through this thread ive realized that 99 percent of people on this site know absolutely nothing about hip hop
 04-12-2010, 11:44 PM         #36
urban angel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Apostrophe said:
I know I feel the same way about Black Eyed Peas but no matter how much we hate them at the end of the day they are considered hip-hop even if they are wack as f**k, and I meant people like Soulja Boy and them sell because of the large groups of little white kids who buy hip-hop. I was just pointing out how its been absorbed into mainstream America and Britnay Spears and Nsync have been replaced by people like Solja Boy, lil wayne ect are now pop icons with install bases in places hip-hop never was even 5 years ago. I wasnt reflecting on the white fan base as a whole because I'm well aware they make up most underground fans and a good number of it's artists, and as far as musical taste goes all races show equally poor taste as a whole imo. I was just pointing out how ridiculous that dudes idea of market share was. Hip-hop is around the second most popular forms of music out now, does he really think 13% of the population listens to more music than 70-75% of the population?
Thats true ok thank you for clearing it out hip-hop is a huge part of our society espacially when its playing everywhere you go.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy