Eminem vs. Slug from Atmosphere??

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM         #1
10120 pageviews
44 comments

benweezyb4wayne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem vs. Slug from Atmosphere??

Who you think is better Eminem wordplay is better but i think Slug content is alot better dude is raw and if you dont know who he is listen to him he is raw.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

one of Em's best songs IMO

[video - click to view]

They both raw in there own way it just one is well known and the other isnt.

44 comments for "Eminem vs. Slug from Atmosphere??"

04-10-2010, 08:35 PM         #2
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatDude0824 said:
thats like saying whos better...

Kobe Bryant or Lil Knuck Knuck from the local park.... c'mon son
slug better then 90 % of the rappers out right now so you lose and good day!
 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM         #3
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benweezyb4wayne said:
slug better then 90 % of the rappers out right now so you lose and good day!
I think you're overrating Slug a great deal. He's a great artist and I dig his work, but you can't even mention dude in the same vein as Eminiem because not only does Em have better song structures, story telling ability and flow, I think Em blazed a path for MCs like Slug to be taken seriously.

If anyone deserves the comparison, it's Slug...but no.

Slug is better than 90% of rappers though...not saying much about the game though.
 04-10-2010, 08:49 PM         #4
Above.Ground  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatDude0824 said:
thats like saying whos better...

Kobe Bryant or Lil Knuck Knuck from the local park.... c'mon son

nah not really because music is an art from, therefore its completely up to interpretation as to who or what is "better". If you were to analyze the question from the standpoint of commercial and critical success, then sure, Em's Kobe and Slug isnt in the same league. But from a strictly music standpoint different people will give you different opinions. My opinion is that, even with all of Em's success I don't really listen to his music that much, it doesnt really do it for me the way some other artists s**t does. So while I respect the music Em makes and wouldn't ever hate on him in any way cause he is a legend no doubt, I definitely listen to Atmosphere's stuff way more.
 8 years ago '05        #5
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,970 | Props total: 3236 3236
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
I think you're overrating Slug a great deal. He's a great artist and I dig his work, but you can't even mention dude in the same vein as Eminiem because not only does Em have better song structures, story telling ability and flow, I think Em blazed a path for MCs like Slug to be taken seriously.

If anyone deserves the comparison, it's Slug...but no.

Slug is better than 90% of rappers though...not saying much about the game though.
Slug is a better storyteller than Em. And his content is better while the song structure is about equal..but Em has better rhyme structure. Prime Em is better than Slug but Slug right now is a better artist than Eminem.
 04-10-2010, 09:12 PM         #6
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatDude0824 said:
or how bout the fact that maybe 3% of rap fans even know who he is???

if he was a better artist, it would be reconized by someone, radio charts internet????

sorry but your wrong...

Radio play isnt exactly a fair test. Most Atmosphere songs tell stories, you'd never hear a story track played on the radio these days. Plus who actually listens to the radio anymore besides tweens? I do agree tho eminem is better all around but Slug is a lot closer to em than you're giving him credit for being.

And as far as making the "race" point, you gotta realize this isnt the 80s or early 90s anymore, atleast 90% of the hip-hop fanbase is white now so telling stories that 90% of your market can relate to isnt the negative you're trying to make it out to be. Besides would you rather he act all fake and rap about hood s**t? Plus when comparing him to em that doesnt work either, since ems content now pretty much consists of being r*ped, serial k!lling or other crazy s**t that no one could actually relate to.

Last edited by Apostrophe; 04-10-2010 at 09:17 PM..
 04-10-2010, 09:13 PM         #7
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #8
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Switchc2390 said:
Slug is a better storyteller than Em. And his content is better while the song structure is about equal..but Em has better rhyme structure. Prime Em is better than Slug but Slug right now is a better artist than Eminem.
man....shut your stupid a.ss up
 8 years ago '05        #9
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,970 | Props total: 3236 3236
 ThatDude0824 said:
or how bout the fact that maybe 3% of rap fans even know who he is???

if he was a better artist, it would be reconized by someone, radio charts internet????

sorry but your wrong...
Its unfortunate that so many rap fans haven't heard about him because he truly is a great talent. Right now he's a better artist than Eminem. He puts out better music and from what I've seen online/from others and s**t..he puts on just as good of a live show.

You're wrong.
 04-10-2010, 09:31 PM         #10
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatDude0824 said:
at least 90% of HIP Hop's fanbase is WHITE???!!!! Someone ban this n!gga!!!!

actually, in the 90's early 2k there were many more WHITE fans, now, no way!!!!

and radio play, is a symbol of success, you've made it. wrong again, everybody listens to the f**kin radio homie...

the thread title was Em vs Slug, very general. This is no contest. Slug has NEVER EVER had any hit single that more than 10 people can name. The other guy is Eminem... C'mon sons

You do know that white people make up 75% of the American population and white teenage girls buy the most records? Common know facts. You might not like it but thats the way it is and thats the way record companies want it to be. It gives them the best opportunity to sell the maximum amount of records. If you think otherwise you are delusional. Hell if this wernt the case there would be no jokes like Asher Roth or Soulja Boy or s**t like that. Now rap has become pop music so everybody listens to it. Hell I see 50 year old white housewives bumping Black Eyed Peas in their minivans on there way in to work. You might not like it, but thats what hip-hops been turned into. It always amazes me how disconnected with reality some members of boxden all seem to be.

Last edited by Apostrophe; 04-10-2010 at 09:33 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #11
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934
I would take slug any day over eminem. Every since I heard dude rap with murs , I've been a fan. I never liked eminem.
 8 years ago '08        #12
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
SLUG > Eminem

Slug has better music, better content, is just as lyrically skilled as Eminem, can freestyle and battle (off the f**kin top son) better or equally as well as Eminem, and has a huge undeground fan base, bigger than a lot of main stream artists. If you don't think Slug is on some s**t, just check this s**t out,

Look, obviously Eminem is one of the greats so if you completely disagree it's understandable. But people like myself wouldn't even bother saying what we are saying if Slug was just some dude. If you don't know about Atmosphere or the Midwest underground ur missing out on a lot of good music. So take it for what it's worth. SLUG > Eminem

On the real, I'm always checking for both of their albums. Two of the best doing it right now. Glad to see this thread was finally made.
 8 years ago '07        #13
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
i personally don't care for atmosphere...
 8 years ago '05        #14
4 Letter Words 
space
space
$735 | Props total: 0 0
Slug.
 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM         #15
urban angel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Apostrophe said:
You do know that white people make up 75% of the American population and white teenage girls buy the most records? Common know facts. You might not like it but thats the way it is and thats the way record companies want it to be. It gives them the best opportunity to sell the maximum amount of records. If you think otherwise you are delusional. Hell if this wernt the case there would be no jokes like Asher Roth or Soulja Boy or s**t like that. Now rap has become pop music so everybody listens to it. Hell I see 50 year old white housewives bumping Black Eyed Peas in their minivans on there way in to work. You might not like it, but thats what hip-hops been turned into. It always amazes me how disconnected with reality some members of boxden all seem to be.
First Black Eyed Peas are no where near rap they shouldnt be in the same category also i do agree with you that white people buy record but there are a lot of white people that buy cd from artist that are not asher or soulja and em and slug tell stories that would relate to everyone no matter what race
and ya Em does talk about r*pe and s**t like that but that relates to some ppl in this world that has gone through the abuse im just saying
 8 years ago '04        #16
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934
 ThatDude0824 said:
so you listen to some dude named murs and slug over eminem??

i just dont understand some people, in the weed shop and in walks this 50 year old man. He asks for an eight of this dry green looking wack regs for 50$. sitting right next to it, for the same price may I add, is the Presidential OG wet, purple, and s3xy!!! as he bags his dirt weed I just ask myself,,, why God?
Because em's voice is annoying as f**k, and from the music I've heard from him it's he's too immature. Not everybody likes the people you do.
 8 years ago '05        #17
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Eminem is a far superior MC, thats not based on opinion thats a fact. But to be honest, I been listenin to Eminem way longer than Slug, but Slug's subject matter is just so dope and his stories are exceptionally relatable. He is another one of those "common man" down to earth rappers, the likes of Fashawn, Blu, Evidence etc. So I personally prefer Slug cause I can relate to his stories and connect better, but as far as pure MCing goes, Eminem is better than most in history.

[video - click to view]

>>>>>
 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM         #18
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
Its unfortunate that so many rap fans haven't heard about him because he truly is a great talent. Right now he's a better artist than Eminem. He puts out better music and from what I've seen online/from others and s**t..he puts on just as good of a live show.

You're wrong.
:agreement6::agreement6:
agree to the fullest
 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM         #19
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 Letter Words said:
Slug.
:applause:
I mean eminem is a beast and everything but man i mean as of lately he hasnt been the same and slug's content is k!lling it right now.
 04-10-2010, 11:15 PM         #20
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread shouldnt have been made...i wouldnt compare the two
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
72 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy