DJ Premier Says New Kanye LP’s Hard

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-09-2010, 09:25 PM         #41
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to dude who said that he's going back to real producers and all that, they might be hiphop's most respectable producers, but Jon Brion (the coproducer on LR) has much more of a global appeal and is a much better musician than any of the producers announced to be working on this album. im not disrespecting pete rock, q-tip or preem, they are all LEGENDARY hiphop producers, but thats where they prosper, in hiphop. Anything outside of that production wise, they would not hold a flame to musicians who are composing pieces for orchestra's, like Jon Brion has. Dude has done hiphop with kanye, pop, movie scores, the fact that people say kanye relied on other producers therfore making his music bad are very close minded. How could you chastise him for bringing something to hiphop that has NEVER been done the way Kanye did it. Dude's production honestly sounded like it belonged in a theatre or a movie and he has become a better musician all around because of those albums. Honestly, I love College Dropout, it is my favourite Kanye album, but his musicianship is like nothing ive ever seen from a hiphop producer before, very few could pull off the diversity he's done over the years, from soul sampling, to orchestration, to sampling/orchestration/live music to strictly instrumentation, thats not a feat anyone in hiphop comes close to. I, for one, think lyrically, he hasn't gotten better than he was on CD, and alot of people would argue with me there but on CD he was really personal and he had alot to prove and say, I think he's remained consistent lyrically, but he never was able to beat out the lyrics on CD. IMO

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 04-09-2010 at 10:49 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #42
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 04-09-2010, 10:40 PM         #43
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
to dude who said that he's going back to real producers and all that, they might be hiphop's most respectable producers, but Jon Brion (the coproducer on LR) has much more of a global appeal and is a much better musician than any of the producers announced to be working on this album. im not disrespecting pete rock, rza or preem, they are all LEGENDARY hiphop producers, but thats where they prosper, in hiphop. Anything outside of that production wise, they would not hold a flame to musicians who are composing pieces for orchestra's, like Jon Brion has. Dude has done hiphop with kanye, pop, movie scores, the fact that people say kanye relied on other producers therfore making his music bad are very close minded. How could you chastise him for bringing something to hiphop that has NEVER been done the way Kanye did it. Dude's production honestly sounded like it belonged in a theatre or a movie and he has become a better musician all around because of those albums. Honestly, I love College Dropout, it is my favourite Kanye album, but his musicianship is like nothing ive ever seen from a hiphop producer before, very few could pull off the diversity he's done over the years, from soul sampling, to orchestration, to sampling/orchestration/live music to strictly instrumentation, thats not a feat anyone in hiphop comes close to. I, for one, think lyrically, he hasn't gotten better than he was on CD, and alot of people would argue with me there but on CD he was really personal and he had alot to prove and say, I think he's remained consistent lyrically, but he never was able to beat out the lyrics on CD. IMO

you clearly don't listen to the rza...
 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM         #44
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
you clearly don't listen to the rza...
contradicted myself, i originally said very few and then said no one in hiphop has done it...RZA is an exception. But let me rephrase, no one has done it like Kanye and gained the same appeal from a crowd outside of hiphop. My intent isn't to downplay his musicianship, it was more to the effect that just because you go to other producers, it doesnt mean your music itself it worse or desperate, it just means your taking on the perspective of another musician.
 04-09-2010, 10:54 PM         #45
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
contradicted myself, i originally said very few and then said no one in hiphop has done it...RZA is an exception. But let me rephrase, no one has done it like Kanye and gained the same appeal from a crowd outside of hiphop. My intent isn't to downplay his musicianship, it was more to the effect that just because you go to other producers, it doesnt mean your music itself it worse or desperate, it just means your taking on the perspective of another musician.

not sure i can agree with this either...rza is huge in asia,and other areas of the globe where hip hop does not dominate...

with that said i don't think kanye working with other producers diminishes his musicianship either...collaboration in music has always brought about the best music anyhow...and producers in the industry are always throwing about ideas they think other producers would be real good at...due to individual talents...
 04-09-2010, 11:02 PM         #46
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
not sure i can agree with this either...rza is huge in asia,and other areas of the globe where hip hop does not dominate...

with that said i don't think kanye working with other producers diminishes his musicianship either...collaboration in music has always brought about the best music anyhow...and producers in the industry are always throwing about ideas they think other producers would be real good at...due to individual talents...
Can't really comment on that since i dont know the culture, i could be wrong though and wouldnt be surprised if i was. im just talking strictly from my own perspective, i havent seen acclaim that has matched the amount that kanye has recieved, i should tag recently on the end of that statement because i am younger and wasnt that old when the wu tang era dominated hiphop. I'm just saying that when rza changed his sound up, or added new elements, he faced some backlash from the general population and even artists he worked with, that i didn't really see logic in. I heard Raekwon comment on the last album like rza added all this s**t after the vocals were recorded and it reduced the quality of the album or something....and that may be the case, but i dont think someone should be condemned from broadening their musicality because whether or not people accept it, it does improve the quality of all future music that comes from whatever artist it is.
 04-09-2010, 11:06 PM         #47
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
Can't really comment on that since i dont know the culture, i could be wrong though and wouldnt be surprised if i was. im just talking strictly from my own perspective, i havent seen acclaim that has matched the amount that kanye has recieved, i should tag recently on the end of that statement because i am younger and wasnt that old when the wu tang era dominated hiphop. I'm just saying that when rza changed his sound up, or added new elements, he faced some backlash from the general population and even artists he worked with, that i didn't really see logic in. I heard Raekwon comment on the last album like rza added all this s**t after the vocals were recorded and it reduced the quality of the album or something....and that may be the case, but i dont think someone should be condemned from broadening their musicality because whether or not people accept it, it does improve the quality of all future music that comes from whatever artist it is.

those n*ggas was bugging....8 diagrams sonically was some of the most incredible music i've heard.....and they were even dumber for s**tting on their album..as if that didn't reflect on them....
 04-09-2010, 11:09 PM         #48
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
those n*ggas was bugging....8 diagrams sonically was some of the most incredible music i've heard.....and they were even dumber for s**tting on their album..as if that didn't reflect on them....
That's what I'm saying. People hated on that album because it didn't sound "Wu-Tang" or something and I thought it was dope. I'll never understand that as reasoning not to like an album.
 8 years ago '04        #49
medula 
space
space
$238 | Props total: 26 26
 Killamike79 said:
As long as its hot thats all that matters....just because it hard beats and rhymes, doesn't automatically make it good.

arent those the main components to being ''good''? hard beats and hard rhymes? thats enternainment to me at least
 8 years ago '04        #50
medula 
space
space
$238 | Props total: 26 26
 LYRICALDETOX said:

[pic - click to view]

How about some hardcore? Preemo gives The Red Bulletin an early review of Kanye’s new album. This past January, Ye’s cousin Devo Springsteen called the album “inspiring”. Hopefully when it drops we can call it “G.O.O.D.”

source: rapradar.com

why did u mane 'g.o.o.d.' an acronym? and what does it stand for? am i missing something?
 8 years ago '05        #51
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11797 11797
 medula said:
why did u mane 'g.o.o.d.' an acronym? and what does it stand for? am i missing something?
Getting Out Our Dreams
 8 years ago '10        #52
Curb 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 80 80
 Killamike79 said:
As long as its hot thats all that matters....just because it hard beats and rhymes, doesn't automatically make it good.
Isn't that what makes a classic album.

DrockSteady said:

all them s**ts was a.ss!

you think its coincidental that he seeked out OTHER producers to work on HIS album?

and its not like he picked random n*ggas he picked out well respected producers that thoro hard hiphop junkies appreciate.

theres gonna be boom bap on this album.

all real heads liked his first album after CD he started loosin that fan base and got more of middle america after it.
Dr. Dre doesn't produce all of him beats by himself, sometimes he doesn't even produce them at all. Yet his name is still pasted onto the "producer" credits.

And who the f**k would pick a random producer to work on YOUR album, if you're TRYING to make a good album. You're saying that you wouldn't pick a prolific artist to help you on your album, shut up. o-O
 8 years ago '07        #53
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Lupe Hunter said:
Gonna be dope hope Lupe and Common is on it
or Jay Electronica or another Nas track...We Major still replays in my head
 8 years ago '04        #54
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,492 | Props total: 6437 6437
sounds great
 8 years ago '09        #55
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
can't wait..
 8 years ago '06        #56
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Hes production has definitely gotten better over the years but his lyrics have been lacking sine Late Registration even though I loved Graduation. 808s has some amazing beats but i just dont enjoy Kanye the singer, im glad hes going back to rapping.
 8 years ago '07        #57
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
This album is going too bee stupiiiiid

WOW. I can't f**kin' waaaait.
 8 years ago '04        #58
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
i hope its good but dj premiers garbage now hes a legend but he sucks now he hasnt touched anything worth hearing in years
 04-10-2010, 05:49 AM         #59
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...look forward to peepin it
 04-10-2010, 06:38 AM         #60
40dash1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MegaTON said:
i hope its good but dj premiers garbage now hes a legend but he sucks now he hasnt touched anything worth hearing in years

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy