Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham[11-27-10][SHOWTIME]

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Froch by KO 0 0%
Froch by Decision 1 20.00%
Draw 0 0%
Abraham by KO 4 80.00%
Abraham by Decision 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Carl Froch: I Will Rain Down Punches on Abraham

By Mark Vester

Carl Froch has still vowed to go to war with Arthur Abraham in the third state of the Super Six Boxing Classic on October 2 in Monaco. Froch plans to make it a war, like his recent decision loss to Mikkel Kessler in the second stage of the Super Six. He doesn't want the f!ght to end up like his close points win over Andre Dirrell, which took place in the first stage.

"Wheras the Dirrell f!ght lacked the excitement of my usual f!ghts, the Kessler f!ght delivered it in spades. Unfortunately the judging didn't go my way that night. But against Abraham we're gonna have the right blend of excitement for the fans plus the win in the bag," Froch said to the Nottingham Post.

Froch says he won't allow Abraham to use his tight defense to coast rounds. He is going to put a lot of pressure on him in every round to force a war.

"I'm a bigger puncher than Dirrell and won't let Arthur off the hook nor coast to a points win. I will make him wilt under the punches that I'll rain down on him. I'm already ticking over in the gym and will put the foot down at my training camp in Sheffield in August to ensure I'm at the peak of my powers, before heading out there the week before the f!ght."
 7 years ago '06        #22
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
 StudiosConnect' said:
^ correct DIRRELL EXPOSED AA

Froch is no where near his skill level....

Would be kinda sweet to see AA knocked out the tournament with a L - since we all know Froch is easy picking for the rest of the members who are actually likeable
But Froch is stronger and had Direll f!ghting like a b**ch when they fought, Froch goin to beat Abraham
 7 years ago '07        #23
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30386 30386
 NOCCOWT said:
But Froch is stronger and had Direll f!ghting like a b**ch when they fought, Froch goin to beat Abraham
Nah. That was Dirrell's first BIG f!ght.... he went out there trying to be too technical. When he loosened up, Froch was easy work.
 7 years ago '06        #24
space
space

[video - click to view]

had to post this again
 7 years ago '06        #25
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #26
space
space
Thoughts from The Brain: Super Six Stage 3: Crunch time for The Cobra

by Martin 'The Brain' Potter of the Boxing Clever podcast - In 2009/10 the groundbreaking Super Six tournament has been the shining light against a bleak backdrop of non-f!ghts and political bickering. While the so-called great f!ghters refused to f!ght each other and their teams have squabbled like a bunch of schoolgirls, the combatants of this super middleweight competition have been settling their differences in the only place that matters – the ring.

With the final group stage of the Super Six looming, it is crunch time for all the f!ghters involved, with the real possibility that some of these f!ghters could have their careers at elite level ended. I’ll be taking a look at the f!ghts and f!ghters involved, starting with potentially the most explosive clash in the whole tournament..

Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham
Carl ‘The Cobra’ Froch has always divided opinion amongst boxing fans, even in his home country. I admit to being a critic of Froch in the past due to his apparent arrogance and lack of any real warmth or humour when appearing in the public eye, alongside his sometimes erratic and open f!ghting style. However, I am told that away from the glare of the media spotlight, Froch is an intelligent and engaging character *– and what can’t be denied is that he is almost always in thrilling f!ghts.

The intriguing thing about this bout is that both f!ghters are coming off the back of their first career defeat and it is always hard to tell how a f!ghter will react when stripped of the comfortable cloak of invincibility that they once wore with pride. Will their confidence be dented?

Both Froch and Abraham have tried to convince themselves and the rest of the boxing world that they were victims of great injustices - maybe they even truly believe it - but while I don't agree with their protests (Froch lost clearly on points to Mikkel Kessler; Abraham threw a hard illegal punch to a downed Andre Dirrell, whether it was as hard as was made out is irrelevant), I accept that the need for self-denial in defeat is as valuable to an elite-level f!ghter as a decent jab. If a world champion simply accepts that he was beaten by the better man then he might as well hang up his gloves, such is the psychological damage he will be doing to himself and the boost he will be giving to all future prospective opponents.

Despite my reservations about his open defence and tendency to dangle his arms low by his waist (your chin is not a shield, Carl!), I see this as a winnable f!ght for Froch. Arthur Abraham is a noted knockout puncher who marches forward behind a tight, high guard but he can look slow and predictable, as witnessed in the Dirrell f!ght. Froch, who is an extremely astute guy outside of the ring, needs to use his brain in this f!ght and not get dragged into a needless war, a trap he has fallen into a few times in the past. The Cobra holds most of the physical advantages; he is the naturally heavier man, he is taller, has a longer reach and is far more used to this weight division, which should also give him the edge in strength. To win this f!ght, Froch should use these advantages and opt to use his oft-neglected boxing skills. He needs to keep the 'King' on the end of his long jab and double it up, making Abraham f!ght at range. Carl also possesses an unorthodox but effective corkscrew uppercut which, as Arthur charges in, he should deploy and then move back out of range.

So far so good for Froch, but this f!ght is certainly not a one-sided affair and Arthur Abraham will look to impose his own game-plan, one that has worked extremely well up until his last f!ght. King Arthur almost always starts slowly. He is methodical but economical with his punch output as he comes forward in the early rounds and, although it often seems like he is losing a f!ght, he is just figuring his opponents out, looking for their patterns of attack and weaknesses whilst throwing out the odd warning shot himself. Most of the punches Abraham tends to take early hit his arms, gloves or skim the top of his head. Even when he does get caught early, Abraham has a fantastic chin and continues to march forward, which must dishearten his opponents (see his first f!ght with Edison Miranda for evidence of this). I'm sure that Abraham will look to start faster than usual against Froch as the pressure is really on in this f!ght, but old habits die hard so I can't see him altering his tried and tested formula too much. What Arthur will need to do to win the f!ght is close the space, try to rough Froch up and drag him into a war, thus allowing him to land one of his concusive punches. Arthur will try to really pour it on in the second half of the bout in the hope that Froch, like so many previous opponents of the King, will wilt under the pressure.

Although I don't see Froch wilting, such is his heart and stamina, The Cobra has a warrior mentality and that, along with his suspect defence, could be his undoing. If Froch doesn't use his brain and allows himself to be dragged into the sort of f!ght that he ended up in against the likes of Jean Pascal or Mikkel Kessler then he faces the real danger of being knocked out for the first time in his career. Arthur Abraham punches harder than anyone Froch has faced and although he has a great chin, if Carl get nailed repeatedly by Abraham, he will find himself kneeling before the King.

This is a genuine pick 'em f!ght and a possible f!ght of the year contender where anything could happen. Personally, I see two possible outcomes: Froch f!ghts sensible and wins on points or he gets reckless and Abraham wins by late knockout. However I will stick my neck on the line, support my fellow Brit, and go with a Cobra victory – 'King Cobra' has a nice ring to it!

Still to come in future articles: my analysis of the other two f!ghts in the final group stage of the Super Six.

For more views from The Brain, tune in to the Boxing Clever podcast, available on iTunes or at
Article posted on 20.08.2010
 7 years ago '06        #27
space
space
Abraham vs Froch Could Have Kessler's WBC Title at Stake

By Rick Reeno

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, WBC super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler has withdrawn from the Super Six tournament with an eye injury. Kessler could be out of action until the middle of next year. He was advised by a physician to rest for a period of up to nine months. He was going to face Allan Green on September 25.

The Super Six tournament is now in the third stage of f!ghts, which makes it unlikley for another boxer to replace Kessler. It leaves Green in a bad situation because he doesn't have any points. He entered the tournament in the second stage, replacing Jermain Taylor, and lost his Super Six debut against Andre Ward.

BoxingScene has been in touch with Chris Meyer, General Manager for Sauerland Event, who promote Kessler. Based on what we've been told, it's a "likely scenario" that Kessler will vacate his WBC title - and the upcoming Super Six f!ght, between Arthur Abraham and Carl Froch, will have the vacant title at stake.

Abraham-Froch is scheduled to take place on October 2. Andre Dirrell is the number one ranked contender under the WBC, but he is scheduled to face WBA champion Andre Ward in the third stage of the Super Six. Since Dirrell is unavailable, it leaves Froch, who is ranked at number two, and Abraham, who is ranked at number three, to f!ght for the title.

7 years ago '07        #28
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Abraham-Froch postponed?

By Wolfgang Schiffbauer

Sources close to the situation have informed f!ghtNews that the October 2nd Super-Six battle between “King” Arthur Abraham and Carl Froch will have to be rescheduled. According to German newspaper BILD, Froch suffered a back injury in training and won’t be able to prepare for the f!ght with Abraham scheduled to take place in Monaco. More to come.
 7 years ago '07        #29
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Abraham-Froch Update
Bout is officially postponed

The all crucial Super Six f!ght between Arthur Abraham and Carl Froch has been postponed to a later date. The preparations of King Arthur up to now have gone without big problems, however his opponent from England has suffered a back injury according to his promoter Mick Hennessy. This forces the former WBC super middleweight world champion to take a two-week training break. Therefore, the f!ght originally scheduled for October 2 at the Chapiteau de Fontvieille in Monaco must take place at a later time.

“This is really very unfortunate. The whole world is feverishly awaiting this f!ght. However, you can’t do anything about injuries, which sometimes come in such a hard sport like boxing,” said Abraham’s Hall of Fame promoter Wilfried Sauerland. “Nevertheless, it’s just postponed not canceled. So Arthur Abraham will just beat “The Cobra” in November or December. We’re working hard on finding a new date.”

The exact date in which the Super Six f!ght can be fought will be announced as soon as possible. Already purchased tickets will remain valid for the new date.
 7 years ago '06        #30
space
space
this super six s**t is a disaster lol
 7 years ago '06        #31
jj01 
space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
f**k that man, i was really lookin forward to that f!ght.

the tourney is fallin apart tho, s**ts in shambles.
 7 years ago '07        #32
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
This tourney was definitely a learning experience. I guess what everyone involved at Showtime need to take away from this is.... the contracts BEFORE the tourney need to be more specific. Sites should be agreed upon in writing at the very beginning. F**k it, EVERY single detail needs to be agreed upon, in writing, before the tourney!

... and none of that even matters if a f!ght isn't put on at least once every 3-4 months. Delays k!ll the momentum.

Hopefully they learn that... and the next tourney runs smoother.
 7 years ago '06        #33
space
space

7 years ago '05        #34
MastahJ 
space
space
$865 | Props total: 11 11
Was looking forward to this f!ght. Got my tickets (complete nightmare getting them), had flights booked to Monaco and everything. Now it's all back at square 1!!!

So now i've lost £200 on flights and will probably end up having to get a refund on the tickets as it looks like it won't be in Monaco, what with Finland being proposed. Oh yeah, to order tickets from England we were told to ring a German number, only for them to not have a f**king clue what i was on about when i rang up the day they went on sale. Phone bill came today and that has cost me over £50 ringing them somehow!!!!

It's disgraceful the way us fans have been treated in the build up to this f!ght and still no official word on the rescheduling. I know many people out of pocket over this. Mick Hennessey is a c*nt. Sauerland are c*nts. Super 6 has turned shambolic....

Dirrell vs Ward will end up happening in 2018 at this rate!
 7 years ago '06        #35
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #36
jj01 
space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
this is going to be a war, cant wait
 7 years ago '06        #37
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 NOCCOWT said:
HE FOUGHT LIKE a b**ch vs stevens

HE BEAT Froch in there f!ght judges were clearly wrong

I don't understand how clean connecting and outclassing and opponent all night is f!ghting like a b**ch though ?
 7 years ago '06        #38
space
space
bump .
 7 years ago '06        #39
space
space
Official: Super Six in Finland

SHOWTIME Sports, Hennessy Sports and Team Sauerland have officially announced that Helsinki, Finland will host the decisive Super Six World Boxing Classic Group Stage 3 clash between Carl “The Cobra” Froch and King Arthur Abraham. On November 27, the two superstars will lock horns at the Hartwall Areena in Helsinki, which seats 14,000 people and is known for its passionate Finnish sports fans.

The f!ght was originally scheduled for Monaco but Froch was forced to pull out two weeks ago when he informed Showtime that a back injury would force him to sit out training for four weeks. Due to a scheduling conflict at the Chapiteau de Fontvieille in Monaco, the event has been moved to Finland. “We are pleased to have finalized all details,” promoter Kalle Sauerland said. “Helsinki will host the f!ght of the year. I am sure that I speak on behalf of boxing fans all over the world that cannot wait to see these two gladiators in the ring. King Arthur will cement his place in the semi-finals in this great Olympic City and one of the most impressive arenas in the world.”

Mick Hennessy said. “This is the f!ght that everyone is waiting to see, Helsinki is going to experience one of the most explosive sporting events of the year, these two fierce warriors will be going toe to toe as both have everything to prove and great pride at stake. I am confident that on the 27th November Carl will be victorious in a potential f!ght of the decade candidate and show everyone that he is still the best 168lb f!ghter in the World.“

It will be all or nothing for both f!ghters, who need a victory to guarantee their spot in the Super Six semi-finals. King Arthur started the tournament with a spectacular KO over Jermain Taylor before a highly controversial disqualification loss against Andre Dirrell in Detroit. Froch had defended his WBC Super-Middleweight title against Dirrell in the tournament´s first f!ght but then suffered the first loss of his career in April 2010 when Danish hero Mikkel Kessler clinched a point’s victory in Denmark.

The “Cobra” is already in a f!ghting mood. “Abraham has been declaring that the Kessler f!ght has deeply affected me,” said Froch. “He’s right. It has given me even more confidence! With late cancellations and a last minute flight under a volcanic ash cloud, I can still step into the lion’s den in front of 12,000 crazy Vikings and punch holes in their hero for 12 solid rounds of non-stop action. I was unlucky not to get the nod – but I’ve proved I’m world class on any stage, home or away. Whereas Abraham got beaten up and outclassed by Andre Dirrell, a man I have already beaten. Against Taylor and Kessler I’ve proved I’m the road warrior – whereas when Abraham is out of the home comfort zone, he gets exposed! He’ll be able to see the ‘Northern Lights’ from the canvas when I’ve finished with him in Finland.”

King Arthur has laughed off Froch´s latest verbal attack, voicing serious concern about his opponent´s mental state. “He claimed to have problems with his back. I think he has even bigger problems with his head. Judging from his dubious comments, it looks as if he has lost his senses. But I will be more than happy to put him back to reality with my fists come November 27. I look forward to f!ghting in Helsinki and will promise f!ght fans in Finland and all over the world an explosive evening.”

Ticket information will be available shortly.

On the same night, WBA Super-Middleweight Champion Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell will battle out their Group Stage 3 clash in America at a venue to be announced. The matchup between breakout American stars and friends will be contested for Ward’s WBA championship and the newly vacated WBC belt, adding yet another dramatic layer to an already captivating f!ght. Ward has already locked up his Semifinal berth, but will be protecting his title and undefeated professional record. Dirrell, conversely, needs a win to guarantee his place in the Semis. Dirrell conceivably could get in with two points but he would need help from fellow tournament competitors.

Allan Green, whose Group Stage 3 bout with Mikkel Kessler was waylaid when Kessler withdrew from competition with an eye injury, has left the perennial contender without an opponent. A decision on Green’s Group Stage 3 bout is expected in the coming days.

The third and final Group Stage will complete the round-robin portion of the tournament and determine the four f!ghters who will advance to the single-elimination Semi-finals. Through the first two Stages, the WBA world champion Ward is the only f!ghter to have secured a berth in the Semis. No f!ghter has been eliminated from contention creating a virtual win-or-go-home scenario for each of the men. SHOWTIME Executive Vice President and General Manager Ken Hershman said: “We have asked these f!ghters to challenge themselves against the best f!ghters in the world; not in one mega-f!ght, but in a consecutive series of career defining f!ghts. Injuries and delays are inevitable. However, each one of them has accepted the challenge and brought a level of intensity to the ring that, in my estimation, is unmatched in all of sports. We are still on pace to complete the tournament in 2011, at which time we will have delivered to boxing fans around the world a number of the most compelling and meaningful matches in the sport. So, the drama continues with all the f!ghters’ still alive heading to Group Stage 3. I couldn’t have scripted this any better.”
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy