Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham[11-27-10][SHOWTIME]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Froch by KO 0 0%
Froch by Decision 1 20.00%
Draw 0 0%
Abraham by KO 4 80.00%
Abraham by Decision 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
7484 pageviews
89 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham[11-27-10][SHOWTIME]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. raham-1427458/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 11-23-2010 at 03:29 AM..

89 comments for "Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham[11-27-10][SHOWTIME]"

8 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
Abraham vs Froch: Carl Still Wants a Nottingham Venue

[pic - click to view]

By Mark Vester

The venue dispute is far from over. Carl Froch is still pushing for his home city of Nottingham to host his next f!ght in the Super Six Boxing Classic. Froch is set to f!ght Arthur Abraham in August. Abraham's promoters, Sauerland Event, would like the f!ght to take place in Germany.

Froch won't consider Germany. Instead he would like the f!ght take place in a large home venue like City Ground or Meadow Lane. He thinks the large home venues would bring enough money to the table where Abraham might consider taking the f!ght in Nottingham.

"They want me to f!ght in Berlin which is Arthur Abrahams' home town - that's not going to happen. Hopefully we're going to get it at the Forest or County ground because we need a big venue to make it financially feasible," Froch told East Midlands Today.

"I really need the support of the people. They get that next gear out of you. That's what brought the best out of Michel Kessler and got him the victory."
 8 years ago '04        #3
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,017 | Props total: 1575 1575

[pic - click to view]

Carl Froch
July 2 1977 - November 27 2010

Last edited by 1MikE; 11-17-2010 at 01:31 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #4
space
space
Abraham-Froch: Switzerland May Settle The Venue Dispute

[pic - click to view]

By Mark Vester

According to a report in Bild, Arthur Abraham vs. Carl Froch may head to Switzerland. The camps of the two super middleweights are in a tug of war over the venue. Their f!ght takes place in the third stage of the Super Six Boxing Classic on August 21. Froch wants the f!ght in Nottingham. Abraham wants the f!ght in Germany.

The contract terms of the Super Six gives each boxer the power to prevent a f!ght from taking place in the opponent's home country. Froch has refused to f!ght in Germany, and Abraham doesn't want to f!ght in Nottingham. Switzerland has been bought up as a neutral location to stage the event. The f!ght contract for Abraham-Froch calls for a venue in "Europe." The cities of Basel and Zurich are being discussed for the f!ght.

8 years ago '07        #5
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,095 | Props total: 30463 30463
Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham Postponed Until September

By Mark Vester

According to the Nottingham Post, Carl Froch's super middleweight clash with Arthur Abraham has been pushed back until September. The f!ght was scheduled to take place on August 21 in the third stage of Showtime's Super Six Boxing Classic.

Froch needs additional time to heal the cuts and injuries that he suffered in last month's decision loss to Mikkel Kessler. There is also the ongoing dispute over the venue. Froch is still pushing for the f!ght to take place in Nottingham and Abraham wants the bout in Germany.
 8 years ago '06        #6
space
space
why arent all the f!ghts in like africa or in australia or some s**t
 8 years ago '06        #7
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 1MikE said:

[pic - click to view]

Carl Froch
July 2 1977 - August 21 2010
LMAOOOO FUNNY s**t... LOL IM DYING
 8 years ago '06        #8
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
Wherever this f!ght takes place at in germany imma be there no matter what!!
 8 years ago '06        #9
space
space
Andre Dirrell: “I honestly see Abraham knocking Carl Froch out”

Abraham Dirrellby Geoffrey Ciani - This week’s edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio featured an exclusive interview with super middleweight Andre Dirrell, who recently beat Arthur Abraham via disqualification in round two of the Super Six. Here are some excerpts from that interview:

On his recent victory against Arthur Abraham in round two of the Super Six:
“I feel I did, all in all, an A+ performance. I worked on my game plan, I executed well, and I’m just proud of it and I really look to keep it up and train harder and look to bigger and better things.”

On the way the f!ght ended when he was hit by Abraham when he was already down:
“I was really confused the whole time. I was disappointed. I wanted to get out there and get the victory like a f!ghter is supposed to get his victory so that was my biggest thing, my biggest concern. I was just really frustrated at the end there. I wanted to be able to get the end in-ring interview after the f!ght. I wanted to be able to sit at the press conference and breakdown and analyze the way I fought, but I didn’t get a chance to do any of that. It really bothered me, not only after the f!ght, but the following days as well..”

Regarding the fact that some fans continue to focus on the controversy rather than his performance in the f!ght with Abraham:

“All in all, I don’t hear it. One out of every ten, even fifteen people, who put their little piece in about me faking or whatnot, but that doesn’t bother me. After every single f!ght I’ve had, professional or amateurs, there’s something someone has to say about something so it’s something a f!ghter has to deal with his whole career. He’ll always have people who are for him and people who aren’t. That’s just another case here, and that was just Arthur Abraham’s way out so it really doesn’t bother me at all. It’s no different than any other f!ght so it’s no big deal to me.”

On his scheduled f!ght against Andre Ward in round three of the Super Six:
“You have two boxers in there and I’m just coming off of f!ghts against two Europeans—a world champion and a former world champion—and I’m getting back in there with an American f!ghter so I definitely have to work on not one, but two game plans when I get in the gym and just work on executing what I have to do to beat Andre. So I’ll be in the gym working on that and I’ll just f!ght to the best of my ability as that f!ght goes as well.”

On the upcoming round two match-up between Andre Ward and Allan Green:
“I’m so looking forward to that f!ght because of the hunger of Allan Green. I believe he’s very hungry and I believe he wants to show that in the ring but I still don’t see him beating Andre Ward. I just want to see if Allan Green can live up to what me and Andre Ward have so far with Andre Ward beating Mikkel Kessler as he did, with me having the controversial loss against (Carl) Froch and dominating Abraham. We have proven ourselves. We proved that we belong in this tournament. Now Allan Green has to do the same. Again, I don’t feel he will get the victory, but he could still show that he has some say in this tournament as well.”

On the second round match-up that saw Mikkel Kessler beating Carl Froch:
“Well, I didn’t see the f!ght going as it did. I thought it was going to be a closer f!ght but I saw that Mikkel pretty much dominated the f!ght. His punches were there. You can tell that he was f!ghting his heart out and you can tell that he lost his last f!ght by the way he went in there and fought this time. He fought with total heart and total determination and he took that belt from Froch and that was the way you’re supposed to take a belt from the champion. I saw the f!ght as one with Mikkel winning, but not in the fashion that he did.”

His views on the third round match-up between his Super Six foes Froch and Abraham:
“I honestly see Abraham knocking Carl Froch out. Honestly, I’m not being arrogant or biased just because I lost to Froch, he doesn’t bother me. It’s just that he’s easy to hit and we know that Arthur Abraham has one of the hardest punches in boxing today. I mean, I witnessed it firsthand. He’s a very strong f!ghter. I didn’t get a chance to witness Carl Froch’s blows because I was always giving him angles so he couldn’t really hit me but I know he takes a lot of punches and I know the punches that Arthur Abraham has will pose a lot of danger and poses a big threat on Carl Froch and he’ll end up knocking him out, possibly in this sixth or before.”

On whether he has a desire to rematch the only man who beat him Carl Froch:
“I beat him once, but I said it before he lost and I’ll say it again—I only want him if he has that title. You know, I watched that f!ght and I believe I won so it isn’t Forch that I’m looking for, it’s that WBC belt and he had it. And because of the feud that we had before the f!ght, the controversial loss that I had—it kind of makes me want to get in there with him but I wouldn’t mind if I never fought him again in my career, but if I do, I could definitely see me getting in there and making it even worse for him the second time around.”

On how he sees his third round f!ght with Andre Ward playing out:
“Well we’re two boxers and I sparred him in the Olympics, we sparred leading up to the Olympics, and it was pretty much a chess match so I pretty much believe that the person who initiates the f!ght will be the victor. The person who gets off first and causes the f!ght that could be the thing that leads to the victory that night and I believe that will be me. You just have to have the right game plan for a fellow boxer, that’s all. I got a chance to see him growing up in the amateurs, I got a chance to see him in the pros, so we pretty much know each other. It’s pretty much who goes in there and imposes the biggest threat.”

On whether he believes the winner of the Super Six needs to ultimately face Lucian Bute to be considered the best super middleweight in the world:
“Oh, definitely! You have what, four champions in this weight class? Definitely! You’re f!ghting for belts, and even if you win your next f!ght isn’t your first cupcake title defense. You’re in there with champion after champion after champion, warrior after warrior, everyone’s in there to make a statement, and we’re all top f!ghters. We’ve been there, and just coming out of this tournament on top and pretty much proves it. You are in the pound for pound rankings and that’s what everyone’s looking forward to, so yes, I believe so.”

On whether he has plans to move up to light heavyweight should he succeed in winning the Super Six:
“I’m definitely looking forward to that. I do want to move up to 175. I’m looking towards doing it probably either after this tournament after knocking off a couple of other super middleweights and moving on up, but yes, I’m looking to reign in more than weight class in my professional career and in doing so, I can end my career in great fashion.”

8 years ago '06        #10
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
i'm goin wit froch, dirrell exposed abraham
 8 years ago '06        #11
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Abraham is gonna knock Froch da f**k out.
 8 years ago '06        #12
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 NOCCOWT said:
^ correct DIRRELL EXPOSED AA

Froch is no where near his skill level....

Would be kinda sweet to see AA knocked out the tournament with a L - since we all know Froch is easy picking for the rest of the members who are actually likeable
 8 years ago '07        #13
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 NOCCOWT said:
Dirrell exposed BOTH of them
 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM         #14
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i want to vote AA by ko but everytime i think somebody is going to ko froch he holds his own
 8 years ago '07        #15
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Abraham vs Froch Close For September 18 in Montreal?

By Mark Vester

According to Carl Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy, the upcoming Super Six clash with Arthur Abraham is heading to Montreal on September 18. Froch had refused to f!ght Abraham in his backyard of Germany and Abraham was refusing to f!ght Froch in Nottingham.

Hennessy told UK newspaper The Guardian, that Abraham-Froch was heading to the Canadian city. It's hard to believe because the contract called for a venue in Europe and both sides were exploring venues in different European countries. Froch at one point made a pitch to hold the f!ght in America. Abraham's promoter Sauerland Event turned down an American venue because the contract called for a venue in Europe. Froch in turn threw water at Sauerland's pitch to stage the event in Sweden.

"Carl knows that he has to win to stay in the Super Six," said Hennessy.
 06-22-2010, 10:55 PM         #17
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Dirrell exposed BOTH of them
correct!!!...I like Froch but im leaning toward Abraham

Last edited by Sangria1; 06-22-2010 at 10:56 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #18
space
space
Abraham vs Froch Clash Set For Monaco on October 2

NEW YORK - Following weeks of intense negotiations, SHOWTIME Sports® is proud to announce that Hennessy Sports and Sauerland Event—the promotional outlets for world-class super middleweight boxers Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham—have agreed to a location for their f!ghters’ crucial Super Six World Boxing Classic bout.

On Saturday, Oct. 2, in the capital city/state of Monaco, Abraham and Froch will meet at the Chapiteau de l’Espace Fontvieille for their pivotal Group Stage 3 match up in the boxing tournament that has ignited the industry. The bout will be televised on SHOWTIME® at 9 p.m. ET/PT (same day delay).

Hennessy Sports and Sauerland Event are currently working with Principality officials in Monaco to finalize all the necessary authorizations for this event as they expect it to be one of the biggest f!ghts in the history of the region. The Principality of Monaco is situated on the Mediterranean Sea in the south west area of Europe, some 1,400 km from Abraham’s home in Berlin and over 1,000 km from Froch’s native Nottingham, England.

“The intensity of the selection process for this venue speaks to the enormity of the moment created by the Super Six World Boxing Classic,” said Ken Hershman, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports. “All the f!ghters in the tournament have set out to prove that they are the world’s best at 168-pounds by f!ghting their peers—the most dangerous men in the division—f!ght after f!ght. Any perceived advantage or disadvantage has been calculated.

“To the credit of all involved, each hurdle has been cleared and the Super Six World Boxing Classic now marches on toward a thrilling conclusion.”

This bout is the last of the Super Six Group Stage matches. Following Abraham vs. Froch, the four f!ghters with the highest point totals on the Super Six scoreboard will advance to the semi-finals, tentatively slated for the first quarter 2011.

Froch (26-1, 20 KOs) is coming off a hard-fought unanimous decision loss, the first of his career, to Mikkel Kessler on April 24. That night, during the post-f!ght press conference, Wilfried, and his son Kalle Sauerland and Mick Hennessy began publicly disputing the venue selection for the Abraham vs. Froch contest. At the time, Abraham (31-1, 25 KOs) held the tournament lead with three points by virtue of his KO win over Jermain Taylor in Group Stage 1, but was out boxed and ultimately disqualified in his Group Stage 2 bout versus Andre Dirrell for the first loss of his career. Froch remains tied at the moment with Kessler and Dirrell at two points.

“I cannot wait to get back in the ring,” said Abraham. “I am thrilled that the date and the venue have been set. I must admit that the disqualification against Dirrell still haunts me. Only a victory over Froch can put my mind at rest. I was ringside when he fought against Kessler and I must say I was impressed with both men. They really fought their hearts out. Froch is a hell of a f!ghter, but so am I. This will be the biggest, the most important f!ght of my career, and I will put on a special performance to please the boxing fans in Monaco, France, Germany, England, America and all over the world.”

"I'm training hard already for 'King' Arthur,” said Froch from his training center in Sheffield. “I respect what the man brings to the table, but I'm going out there to knock Abraham's crown right into Kalle's lap,” he added in response to Sauerland’s bold predictions on the outcome of this f!ght.

"Make no mistake about it, I fully appreciate the threat that Abraham presents to me in this f!ght. Whenever two warriors go into battle there will be bloodshed. But there will be only one victor in Monaco and that will be The Cobra," Froch concluded.

The Sauerlands are filled with anticipation. “The Super Six tournament has been outstanding thus far,” said Kalle. “We’ve had so much drama and so many high-class f!ghts. Kessler versus Froch was as good as it gets but believe me, Abraham-Froch will be even better. It’s win or go home! I honestly can’t see this going the distance. I have a lot of respect for Froch as a f!ghter but I think that his style is tailor-made for Abraham. The King will knock The Cobra out – no doubt about that. The only question is in which round.”

Hennessy also expects a toe-to-toe war and believes the Englishman will come out victorious inside the distance “This is a mouth-watering match up against two of the best and toughest f!ghters in the game,” Hennessy said. “If you thought Carl’s last f!ght against Kessler was epic just wait for Froch vs. Abraham. This has all of the ingredients to be the f!ght of the decade.

“I have a lot of respect for Arthur in and outside of the ring, but unfortunately on the 2nd October he will come up against a highly driven and fully motivated Carl Froch. When Carl’s is in that sort of mode he will prove he is the best of the best and will secure three points for a knockout win, showing the world once again that he is a very special f!ghter.”

The Super Six World Boxing Classic continues on Saturday, Sept. 25, when SHOWTIME will present a world championship doubleheader to kick off Group Stage 3—the final Group Stage of the round-robin portion of the tournament. First, Kessler will look to lock up a semi-final berth with a win over Allan Green. Kessler is making the first defense of his second world title, the WBC 168-pound strap he wrested from Carl Froch. Green is desperate for a win to have a shot at the semi finals. He may need a knockout and/or help from his fellow competitors to earn one of the four spots.

Immediately following, live on SHOWTIME, Andre Ward will face 2004 U.S. Olympic teammate and friend Andre Dirrell in what promises to be a dramatic affair. Ward has already locked up his semi-final berth as the only contestant to win both of his initial Group Stage matches. But, make no mistake, Ward promises a fierce defense of his WBA world championship belt and undefeated professional record. Dirrell, on the other hand, needs a win to guarantee his place in the semis. Conceivably, Dirrell could get in with two points but he would need help from Green and/or Abraham.

7 years ago '07        #19
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
That's good. Create new hotbeds for boxing around the world.
 7 years ago '06        #20
space
space
Carl Froch Heads Off To Training Camp Ahead Of Super f!ght In Billionaires Playground

frochLONDON (22th July) Carl “the Cobra” Froch will be joining up with highly regarded trainer Rob McCracken at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield on Monday morning (26th) to start his intensive 10 week training camp ahead of his crucial Super Six Group Stage 3 face off against the German based Armenian “King” Arthur Abraham. It was officially announced last week that the last of the Super Six group stage matches will take place in the swanky surroundings of the world’s 2nd smallest country, Principality of Monaco, at the fabulous Chapiteau de l’Espace venue in the ward of Fontvieille, on Saturday 2nd October.

Both Super Six participants will be looking to finish the group stages on a high and guarantee a spot in the Semi Finals, tentatively slated for the first quarter 2011.

Froch who became a proud new father for the first time in June said: “It will be hard leaving my family for such a long time, but to make sure I secure a semi final place in the Super Six I have to get away from all distractions, concentrate, and make sure my preparations are spot-on this time, I cannot afford to leave any stone unturned.”

“The Institute of Sport is an excellent training facility; I could travel the world and still not find a camp that is better equipped, this also gives me the added motivation as I will be training alongside some of the Country’s fittest and best amateur boxers, who certainly keep me on my toes.”

Promoter Mick Hennessy said “This f!ght has all the ingredients to be talked about for many years to come, just like the Hagler vs. Hearns showdown, it’s an exciting matchup between two of the world’s very best punchers and it is sure to be explosive, it’s being held at a fabulous venue and a very fitting location for a marquee f!ght like this. What else could you ask for?”

Carl Froch added a message to his eager and loyal fans “I have been told that tickets should be on sale in early August, all of the up to date information will be posted on the Hennessy Sports website and released via a press release as soon as it is available”

For the latest information on ticket details for this spectacular event in Monaco, please visit

SUPER SIX WORLD BOXING CLASSIC SCOREBOARD (Through Group Stage 2)

Record f!ghter Points

2-0 Andre Ward 4

1-1 Arthur Abraham 3

1-1 Mikkel Kessler 2

1-1 Carl Froch 2

1-1 Andre Dirrell 2

0-1 Allan Green 0

For information on all SHOWTIME Sports telecasts, including exclusive behind-the-scenes video and photo galleries from its events and complete information on the Super Six World Boxing Classic, please visit the website at

ABOUT SUPER SIX WORLD BOXING CLASSIC

The inaugural Super Six World Boxing Classic is a ground-breaking, six-f!ghter tournament from SHOWTIME Sports® featuring the class of the super middleweight (168-pound) division from around the world. All bouts in the Super Six tournament will be contested under the Unified Rules of Boxing. Each boxer f!ghts three bouts against different opponents in the field in the points-based Group Stage of competition (Win – 2 pts with a 1-pt bonus for KO/TKO; Loss – 0 pts; Draw – 1 pt.). After the Group Stage, the four f!ghters with the highest point totals will advance to the single-elimination Semi-Finals. The winners of the Semi-Final bouts will advance to the Finals and f!ght for the inaugural Super Six World Boxing Classic trophy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy