J. Cole response to Drake saying "he's the next Nas" (Cole put him in his place!)

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-09-2010, 08:18 AM         #61
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
I think these dudes is going to have rivalry Going on during their career since they are the top new artist in the game right now.
Like there was definitely a small bit of tension in that response. n*gga cole sonned drake

drake stans mad
 04-09-2010, 08:19 AM         #62
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Badnewz100 said:
Why would you want to be the next anybody? Be the first you.
quoted for emphasis
 04-09-2010, 08:21 AM         #63
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
This is why i listen to Cole. He has an understanding about his environment and the industry along with those who have came before him.
Bingo. I had some old head producers read the post while they was in my studio and this is exactly what they said. j cole gets more respect cause you can tell hip hop is in his blood and he understands the game more so thank drake
 04-09-2010, 08:24 AM         #64
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Poloboy69 said:
J Cole just another Sucker in the game. i love his music but he always got something to say when it comes to drake. ive never heard him say anything positivie about drake but he is talented. he said his music is commericial enough but could be viewed as lyrical. Drake has shouted him out a few times on his blog. this n*gga always got something to say about anybody that says something bout him. Just be like your boss and not say nothing
maybe he doesn't think Drake is that good?

if I was J. Cole I wouldn't even want Drake to acknowledge me or speak my name cuz its wack that n*ggas even compare them or at one point people were saying J. cole was "the next drake"
 8 years ago '04        #65
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 Mocking Mind said:
Drake n*gga need to shut the f**k up, he will never be up with there Nas

[pic - click to view]

Even more impressive, for him to have the skills he has...

Though I think as far as personality he probably just lost the glasses and braces lol... f**kin geek...
 8 years ago '04        #66
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
And as far as J. Cole, he's not that nice to me... Not my cup of tea...
 8 years ago '10        #67
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,845 | Props total: 13219 13219
imo drake and j cole both seem to always take the diplomatic mature approach when answering questions, that's cool and all but i'm waiting to see how they handle themselves when another rapper blatantly disrespects them......and you know it's just a matter of time before that starts happening
 8 years ago '09        #68
A2P89 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 54 54
“Comparisons are natural,” Cole told MTV News. “You’re going to compare LeBron to Jordan or [Dwyane] Wade to whoever you compare him to. But in this particular instance, and no disrespect to [Drake's] opinion, because that’s how he feels, but I feel like it’s too early.

You can’t call things like that, that early,” he continued. “You can’t say I’m Nas because, look, Nas was in the game for 16 years. What if I’m not here next year? What if you’re not here next year?

ya'll are getting heated over nothing. What's wrong with what cole said?
All he's saying is that he hasn't put out a lot of material and that Nas is a legend. Lots of artists become one hit wonders and he knows that the way the industry is, there's a possibility it could happen to him. He understands that once people put you on a pedestal that high, if you fall short of expectations people won't appreciate you as much as they would if they had listened with an unbiased ear. sounds more like he's showing his admiration for his favorite lyricist more than he's trying to slight Drake.
 8 years ago '04        #69
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 Mocking Mind said:
Drake n*gga need to shut the f**k up, he will never be up with there Nas

[pic - click to view]

Drake you geeked up......b**ch i might be...b**ch i might be
 04-09-2010, 11:37 AM         #70
BxFinest23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't think J.Cole is trying to hate on Drake if anything he's just holding his ground and standing up for himself...

The line "J.Cole is Nas and Drake is Jay" is a backhanded compliment... "J.Cole and Drake can become as nice/popular" but it can also mean "J.Cole will never reach a level of commercial success like Drake"

Both Jay and Nas are talented but Jay surpasses Nas commercially. That's what Cole is referring to. He's pretty much stating "don't count me out yet, it's too early to make comparisons, i could end up being a commercial success as well"

Last edited by BxFinest23; 04-09-2010 at 02:08 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #71
aldo 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 0 0
 Mocking Mind said:
Chill son, just messing around. But seriously dude will never be on the same level as Jay-Z or Nas.
Can you tell me the winning lotter numbers for tomorrow? I need some extra cash.
 8 years ago '04        #72
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,752 | Props total: 1569 1569
wow d*ckriders'll find any reason to gossip like middleschool b**ches huh how old are yall n*ggas

"Comparisons are natural," Cole said in an interview. "But in this particular instance, and no disrespect to [Drake's] opinion, because that's how he feels, but I feel like it's too early. You can't call things like that, that early. You can't say I'm Nas because, look, Nas was in the game for 16 years. What if I'm not here next year? What if you're not here next year? I don't think you can say stuff like that this early, but I understand what people are saying. At his status right now, he's the most talked-about guy in the game. The Nas comparison is like, 'He gets a little bit beyond the surface,' but I feel like when it comes to those comparisons, it's way to early. And you never know, 10 years from now, I could be Jay."
 8 years ago '04        #73
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
 Lupe Hunter said:
I think these dudes is going to have rivalry Going on during their career since they are the top new artist in the game right now.
 8 years ago '05        #74
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 season said:
n*ggas can't take compliments
That's what I'm thinking. He's seems like he's a real serious guy, he needs to lighten up :lachen001:
 8 years ago '05        #75
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 aldo said:
Can you tell me the winning lotter numbers for tomorrow? I need some extra cash.
i need the numbers for tonight can somebody help me out?
 8 years ago '08        #76
lr501 
space
space
$3,183 | Props total: 40 40
 Badnewz100 said:
Why would you want to be the next anybody? Be the first you.
this
 Mocking Mind said:
Chill son, just messing around. But seriously dude will never be on the same level as Jay-Z or Nas.
and this
 04-09-2010, 05:23 PM         #77
TeddyGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01seay said:
You people are relentless with this hate towards Drake.

J. Cole doesn't even know what he's talking about....he took what Drake said out of context....just like you people trying to hate.

Please tell me what's wrong with what he said? If anything it was a complement towards J. Cole.

..but keep it up.

Hate = The New Love

[pic - click to view]

It wasn't a compliment. He saying J.Cole won't be successful like he think he will.
Drake is feelin his self a lil too much

"I didn't jeopardize anything to get to the position I'm in"....Thats a lie

He said hes already at the start line and Cole and them(freshmen) are at home getting ready
Drakes basically saying hes ready now and Cole aint
If I'm not mistaken they are both working on their respective debuts
Drake getting his d*ck sucked by the masses doesn't make him more ready than J.Cole.
He said" When J.Cole gets it super right".....
I'm not even bout to keep this going but for the Drake stans why is it ok for Drake to always name J.Cole but not ok when Cole says something bout him?
J.Cole was asked about what Drake said and basically said no one knows what the future holds.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now