Are Southern rappers lyrically challenged? (article)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #81
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
 Joe Budden said:
See that's the thing: every time Miami is brought up in a conversation about lyrics, you guys are quick to say, "that's not the South." It's like you guys are looking for southern artist to sound and act a certain way. Everyone in the South doesn't sound the same.

Truthfully, I don't listen to the music that's coming out of California or Georgia. And now if it wasn't for Joe Budden, I would have gave up on rap.

I got love for Miami, though.

Ay bruh on the real tip look at southern culture and look at M.I.A. it just aint da same thing. I love M.I.A. music and the whole style of ya'll boys but wat im saying is that ya'll not in the same culture as the "deep" or "old" south ya feel? And aint nun wrong wit dat, matta fact i respect dat on da real

BIGthingsSON said:
No your not, the whole southern swag is just watered down west coast s**t. From the grillz to the dreads, the south is just a extremely watered down Cali in my opinion. No offense to the Cali dudes round.
Okay if you saw dreads first in Cali of course you gonna say dey had it first, same wit me. That swag s**t was some transplant s**t dat came from other region but we made dat s**t original, some n*ggas can get flamboyant wit it, but nonetheless, dey still original. But the south been had dey own thing if anything the real south gonna come back in the next decade, I know from the A its gonna be some real s**t comin bakk. Dat swag and dance s**t aint really gettin no play no mo except fa dem radios ya feel?

donmeca2020 said:
ima florida boy and i gotta say "YES" they are lyrically challenged... not only are their songs just straight BLAH but some of these cats from down south make up their own words, and be honest some s**t i heard im just like WTF did he just say ? whatever happen with ol school wu tang rza's verse from triumph "Socrates philosophies and hypothesis lyrically perform armed robbers? That right were was real hip hop that had meaning and you could actually say damn that s**t sound dope, Not bust it baby god everytime i heard s**t i changed the station or wanted to vomit.,,
Well southern hip hop aint yo style den. You aint gotta like but u gotta respect it

OnlyOriginality;15728002[B said:
]Man you out you mind if you think that. The South was the folks who started bass in the trunk, sittin tall and makin the parkin the club and dreads is the south, especially in GA, the only person from cali I seen with dreads is Mac Dre and when I say ONLY, take it literally and grillz..? We stayed with the gold teeth and gold chains. Ain't no one in the south worried about cali, true ya'll had that gangsta s**t we could identify with and that's was when we didnt have a voice but even with that we did our own s**t. Now am I right or am I right?[/B]

Damn you used so many big words. I couldn't understand a damn thing you typed. Next time dumb it down. But all jokes aside, and all the way. Ya'll keeping gettin mad at the south as a whole and play into these corporate bacon smelling folks who stick a generality on our region that ya'll know aint true, everyone down here aint no dope boy, everyone down here aint polo'd out and swagged up. Trust me that bull they feed ya'll thats portraying the south, aint the south. Believe me.
Bruh u said some real s**t rite der potna on da real :agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #82
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,380 | Props total: 485 485
ppl makin a.ssumptions...i jus now
 8 years ago '10        #83
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Technically speaking...

South is garbage
 8 years ago '06        #84
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
They aren't lyrically challenged. They just have a bunch of kids and ignorant young adults reprsenting them right now. Other than that, the South has lyrical artist. Not to knock the youngins, but that's what's at the forefront right now.
 8 years ago '05        #85
thisisme 
space
space
space
$741 | Props total: 77 77
The Jamaicans started that dread head s**t, so Miami n*ggahs probably wuz rockin em first
 8 years ago '09        #86
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
 MissLoveOne said:
They aren't lyrically challenged. They just have a bunch of kids and ignorant young adults reprsenting them right now. Other than that, the South has lyrical artist. Not to knock the youngins, but that's what's at the forefront right now.
Naw shawty you thinkin too hard. The demand is all dat lame swag s**t and party s**t, da only folks who go hard on dat note is us youngins, but trust me majority of us youngins would like to see dis end but at da end of da day we still gonna support our ppl, dat mite sound far fetched or crazy but dats our mindstate always been dat way always will be
 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM         #87
Don Peru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
get off my d*ck, you b**chmade homo. i'm on royce's d*ck? i barely even post here, retard...and i've never even said one word about royce on this board. you really are dumb. thanks for proving me right.
im pretty sure he was referring to your username f**kface....damn, you cant see that s**t!?

and you have the nerve to call someone dumb
 04-09-2010, 11:57 AM         #88
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MissLoveOne said:
Naw man if I could post a link to my potna's song I swear you'd be blown away to find out he's 17 & 16. Us "youngins" got a message, wanna know somethin else YOUR generation gave up on us, well I'll speak for the south when I say that. but most all of us "youngins" had to do for ourselves. Keep that in mind.
 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM         #89
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Don Peru said:
im pretty sure he was referring to your username f**kface....damn, you cant see that s**t!?

and you have the nerve to call someone dumb
i knew what he was referring to, but that alone isn't enough to tell someone they're on a rapper's d*ck. this name was not created with royce da 5'9" in mind at all, so go f**k yourself, hobag.

yeah, i called him dumb. he is. and so are you. the f**k you gonna do about it? go sit down.
 8 years ago '04        #90
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,484 | Props total: 6067 6067
 8 years ago '09        #91
kmj09 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 128 128
ti luda rick ross jeezy wayne thats it for me in nyc
 04-09-2010, 03:14 PM         #92
Don Peru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
i knew what he was referring to, but that alone isn't enough to tell someone they're on a rapper's d*ck. this name was not created with royce da 5'9" in mind at all, so go f**k yourself, hobag.

yeah, i called him dumb. he is. and so are you. the f**k you gonna do about it? go sit down.

Jay da 5-9 who the f**k you honestly think believe that s**t!? you f**kn idiot
 8 years ago '07        #93
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Just go ham and wommydoo
 04-09-2010, 04:45 PM         #94
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami aint got no real spitta unless I just aint hear of they music yet but from what I been hearing from Miami(not much) they aint contenders
And Miami is the south idk why some folks would say it aint

420Sosa said:
Naw shawty you thinkin too hard. The demand is all dat lame swag s**t and party s**t, da only folks who go hard on dat note is us youngins, but trust me majority of us youngins would like to see dis end but at da end of da day we still gonna support our ppl, dat mite sound far fetched or crazy but dats our mindstate always been dat way always will be

Thats defeating the purpose.....
 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM         #95
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Don Peru said:

Jay da 5-9 who the f**k you honestly think believe that s**t!? you f**kn idiot
you think i care what you or any other dumbass boxden poster believes? hahaha, get off jay z's d*ck, you ol' mark a.ss n*gga! i said what i said about southern rappers and most southern people in general, and i meant it. and you can tell anybody you want that i said it, too. you still ain't gonna do s**t about it. so i guess you just gotta get over it. b**ch.
 8 years ago '05        #96
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
 MyZ28 said:
This is why im hot.....
Chicken noodle soup w/ a soda on the side.....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

....List Goes On & On & On. East Coast Need To Stop Acting Like They The Perfect Coast. You Know You Guys Done Supported The Bulls**t & The Bulls**t On The East Coast Was Inspired By The South. Its Funny How You Guys Knock The Southern Ways But Your Artists Take Notes On What They Do & Put They Own Twist To It Like Its All Good.

If You Mad,Blame BET & 106 & Park and Local Radio Stations For Supporting The Music. Cant Blame The Artists,All They Did Was Make The Songs. Its The Labels,Radio Stations,and Others That Support To Where It Makes You Sick. These Artists Pleasing The Labels...Not You,The Fans.
 04-09-2010, 09:03 PM         #97
Don Peru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
you think i care what you or any other dumbass boxden poster believes? hahaha, get off jay z's d*ck, you ol' mark a.ss n*gga! i said what i said about southern rappers and most southern people in general, and i meant it. and you can tell anybody you want that i said it, too. you still ain't gonna do s**t about it. so i guess you just gotta get over it. b**ch.
think you care? I KNOW you care

im in this b**ch shootn one liners, you writing paragraphs, do the math f**kboy
 8 years ago '06        #98
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Whats f**ked up is these songs came out when New York still ran s**t.
 8 years ago '05        #99
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
TWO WORDS: ANDRE & 3K. makes this article irrelevant
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
43 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
169 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
42 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy