Are Southern rappers lyrically challenged? (article)

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #41
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15047 15047
 jay da 5-9 said:
it's because most of the people in the south are dumb so the dumb rappers that get into making music make dumb music to cater to all the dumb people in the south.

i know somebody's gonna be mad about that.
ignorant muthaf**ka

and get off Royce's d*ck f**got
 8 years ago '07        #42
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,847 | Props total: 13 13
 OnlyOriginality said:
co-sign

And you..f**k n*gga you ducked out. Who are you to say that we're mentally challenged, I bet MONEY you wont come down to south (the hood f**k n*gga, just in case you aint know) and say that s**t. Timid a.ss b**ch.
I REST MY CASE

[video - click to view]

Game. Set. Match
 8 years ago '07        #43
space
space
^^^^^^^^^so you bring up 1 wack a.ss artist and that proves your point?

kids on the internet I swear
 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM         #44
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kidbrosweets said:
I REST MY CASE

Game. Set. Match

And what EXACTLY did you prove by posting a video of OJ in response to a quote of mine? Mad at my dialect duck?
 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM         #45
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:

True, all regions have wack s**t....but no one supports their wack artists like the south does. I guess it's because it took them so long to get noticed that they fell that once they got on they had to support EVERYONE from their area who had a hit record out of fear of losing that shine, which is understandable, but now unneccesary because the south has already established itself as a powerhouse region.

That^^^^ just about sums it up.

Its not exactly about the wack rappers.
Because there are tons of folks who hear a song and decide that they want to be a rapper and they have no skill.
Music inspires folks......
The problem here is the dumb easily entertained folks that support the wack s**t.
Regardless of the region.
The south just dominates in the wack rapper category more than any other region.
Instead of just being a fan with a regular a.ss job these wack n*ggas decide they wanna rap and make "music" anyway. Just for the money and the fame. Not for the love of the art.
And what I hear alot of is "atleast they not out in the streets dealing and k!llin" or "atleast they making money legally".....
That doesnt make it ok for them to r*pe hip hop
Everyone isn't dope enough to be a good rapper which is what some folks dont understand
They think it hating when you tell them the truth.
 8 years ago '05        #46
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 MyZ28 said:
This is why im hot.....
Chicken noodle soup w/ a soda on the side.....
cool

now the score is 925 - 2

SmokeyTheBlunt said:
the real question is why cant you understand english? slow? do you like dictionary words being read to you with heavy punchlines that dont make sense?
English?

'o leh deww ih!!! yeaaahhhhh!!! druh dealah musih!!!!'

they may start out as English words, but they end up much different than that

'buh chew oweont no prahlum prahlum!!!'

the problem with southern rappers is they don't annunciate for s**t, so unless you're used to the way they talk, you don't know what the f**k they're talking about

the ones i'm talking about atleast

i live in the south, and i know for a FACT that most of the fans, atleast around here, don't give a f**k about what the rappers are saying

'you got any Gucci?'
'hell no'
'why not man, Gucci go hard!'
'name one nice thing Gucci has said'
'man his beats pound in the whip dawg!'

like, it's not even a question that most motherf**kers want to hear a dope beat and a hook they can sing along with

it's okay to have 'party music', since that's always the argument for southern rap, it's just not okay to ONLY have 'party music' from EVERYBODY

it's called repetition
 8 years ago '05        #47
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
shhhhh.........those things never happened

8 years ago '08        #48
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
 J Rob said:
have you noticed that these two songs are the only ones that southern n*ggas can think of when this topic comes up?
cuz we pretty much don't listen to y'all s**t
but when the south is talked about y'all know every artist, song, & lyric
although u got southern music blastin thru ur headphones n speakers
"the south is garbage" "all dem n*ggas is wack"
 8 years ago '08        #49
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
 FS ent said:
i just dont understand all the criticism when it comes to southern music...if you dont like the s**t, just ignore it like it don't exist

at least thats what the majority of southern people do with northern music....when we can't feel it we just ignore the s**t
true. in fact, I'll give you your first props
 8 years ago '05        #50
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
you don't have to listen to wackness to know it's wackness

if you count 'So Icey' and 'Lemonade' and 'Freaky Girl' i can name 3 Gucci Mane songs

and the only reason i know two of them s**ts is because of the strip club

there's a higher number of bulls**t artists coming out of the south, period.
 8 years ago '07        #51
space
space
 OnlyOriginality said:

And what EXACTLY did you prove by posting a video of OJ in response to a quote of mine? Mad at my dialect duck?
I didnt think i needed to post a gucci video. Or a sold out luda video rapping like he's from young money, or a wakka video.

Ti makes good music but isnt a good rapper

The only n*gga that can rap from the south is J.cole and i really dont even consider him form the south
 8 years ago '07        #52
space
space
West coast and east coast are miles...MILES > Southern (c)rap
 8 years ago '07        #53
space
space
 kidbrosweets said:
I didnt think i needed to post a gucci video. Or a sold out luda video rapping like he's from young money, or a wakka video.

Ti makes good music but isnt a good rapper

The only n*gga that can rap from the south is J.cole and i really dont even consider him form the south
shows how much you listen to southern rap...
 04-07-2010, 05:22 PM         #54
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a good amount of southern folks that can rap
But there are way more wack n*ggaz from the south that they get over shadowed
 8 years ago '06        #55
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
 haterade2885 said:
dude... its not the wall street journal. what the f**k were you looking for? a research paper on the difference between modern rap in the north and south? english majors are getting d*ck for jobs, so good luck.
and with that being said u just proved what i been sayin for years, u n*ggas listen to lyrical music because it makes you feel smart but in reality you are just as DUMB as the southern artists that u love to talk s**t about. you n*ggas equate lyrics with knowledge but judging by this mans response that couldnt be further from the truth. its just like jay said it dont mean they nice it just mean u dont understand all the bulls**t they right. but all a n*gga gotta do is use a few big words and u "lyrical" fans are amazed whether u understand the s**t or not. gtfoh
 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM         #56
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 "SS" said:
and with that being said u just proved what i been sayin for years, u n*ggas listen to lyrical music because it makes you feel smart but in reality you are just as DUMB as the southern artists that u love to talk s**t about. you n*ggas equate lyrics with knowledge but judging by this mans response that couldnt be further from the truth. its just like jay said it dont mean they nice it just mean u dont understand all the bulls**t they right. but all a n*gga gotta do is use a few big words and u "lyrical" fans are amazed whether u understand the s**t or not. gtfoh
Thats not true it did nothing for Soulja Boy
He tried to expand his vocab and use big words but yet and still no one thinks hes lyrical :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '10        #58
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
imo the majority of the south music is party crunk and if u go north u get some party but most lyrics lox mobb deep wu etc
 8 years ago '04        #59
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,873 | Props total: 17392 17392
South <

But...

9th Wonder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 04-07-2010, 05:39 PM         #60
pacer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's just slower down south in all aspects whether it be rap, fashion, economy etc. They're still trying to catch up with other parts of the U.S.A. Still in 2010.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
66 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
93 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
25 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy