Are Southern rappers lyrically challenged? (article)

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
97 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rapper Brisco Busted For Selling Fake Money And Credit Card Scams
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 408 408
 Hovi Bryant said:
No offense, but not many make it that far in life with that logic.
lmao seriously? let me rephrase this for you seeing how you can't grasp it no offense....i don't really care about stuff thats not important..case and point this article or most things posted on this site

Last edited by Mintz; 04-07-2010 at 10:24 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #22
Hovi Bryant 645 heat pts645
space
space
$28,964 | Props total: 12388 12388
 Mintz said:
lmao seriously? let me rephrase this for you seeing how you can't grasp it no offense....i don't really care about stuff thats not important..case and point this article or most things posted on this site
That doesn't help change my opinion at all whatsoever. You say you don't care yet you take out some of your time to provide input? Do you even understand what you even think?
 7 years ago '06        #23
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 408 408
 Hovi Bryant said:
That doesn't help change my opinion at all whatsoever. You say you don't care yet you take out some of your time to provide input? Do you even understand what you even think?
lol i do..and this is not that serious where we should have more than 2+ replies and i'm by my computer doing some work so it's not like i'm going out of my way
 7 years ago '04        #24
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 0 0
 #1nasfan said:
one-hit wonders too numerous to name like Rich Boy with “Throw Some D’s On It.”
Damn why she throw the homie under the bus, he had 2 or three hits from that album I wouldn't call him a one-hit wonder, yet, quite a few people still checkin for his music
name another hit from rich boy
 7 years ago '08        #25
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,839 | Props total: 446 446
andre 3000, luda, bun b, scarface, k!lla mike.....these cats go hard lyrically!!! its just all that bulls**t that gets the medias attention makes the south looks bad.
 7 years ago '05        #26
MyZ28 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,879 | Props total: 247 247
 J Rob said:
have you noticed that these two songs are the only ones that southern n*ggas can think of when this topic comes up?

Chicken Noodle soup wasn't even a hit....that s**t was dead after about a week or two. Plus, no one ever says that wack s**t doesn't come from NY, the thing is that they don't defend it. Southern n*ggas are quick to defend the wack a.ss one hit wonders that come from their region. New York n*ggas s**tTED on Mims...pretty much disowned him. Same thing goes for Ron Brownz.

True, all regions have wack s**t....but no one supports their wack artists like the south does. I guess it's because it took them so long to get noticed that they fell that once they got on they had to support EVERYONE from their area who had a hit record out of fear of losing that shine, which is understandable, but now uneccesary because the south has already established itself as a powerhouse region.

Thats all I named because I didnt feel like naming all the BS that comes from the East Coast. Who has that type of time?
 7 years ago '05        #27
thisisme 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 34 34
 Hovi Bryant said:
This is becoming frustrating. Third post.
Explain mufuka!

Don't just respond to my post wit bs.

Did I list somebody thats not lyrical???
 7 years ago '06        #28
YoungGQ|m 
space
space
$13,117 | Props total: 1 1
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
the real question is why cant you understand english? slow? do you like dictionary words being read to you with heavy punchlines that dont make sense?
why n*ggas say 'dictionary words'...where the f**k else will you find words, stupid?
 7 years ago '07        #29
Damagegadget 486 heat pts486
space
space
$30,976 | Props total: 5047 5047
it all divide and conquer tactics...obviously good lyrical content comes from all corners of the world...its just the majority of the masses in our populus globally would rather somebody think for them..therefore they are told what southern music is..etc. Now when cats try to argue about how east coast cats use big words that says enuff about them as a person..ignorant. Educate ya self.
 7 years ago '09        #30
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,313 | Props total: 866 866
The thing about us southerners is we support our ppl. Some people might support more then others. But on the real tip the south got its lyrical game on standby ready to go in anytime we want just wait ya'll see. REAL TALK
 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM         #31
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 420Sosa said:
The thing about us southerners is we support our ppl. Some people might support more then others. But on the real tip the south got its lyrical game on standby ready to go in anytime we want just wait ya'll see. REAL TALK
Thats always been the case with the south, and its the reason we on top out of all the "bulls**t" ya'll say we puttin out, its still gettin played and the northerners gettin mad cuz thats all yall hear, well to be strait up if all yall gone do is cry about then f**k yall. All yall sum dried up pussies (and 2 the folks up north who show love 2 the south disregard this rant) everytime a southern rapper is mentioned on bx he gets a least SOME hate. This is why yall hear what we put out.

And ya'll the ones sayin hip hop is dead (WHEN U JUST GAVE UP ON IT!!!) when the south been keepin hip hop alive 4 the longest and dont give me the bulls**t that we aint makin hip hop, cuz we are, its our variation of it and thats all mainstream is gonna play right now. Its been happening and yall still aint used 2 it??

Ya'll got us f**kED up. AND THATS REAL!!
 7 years ago '10        #32
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,819 | Props total: 36 36
 MyZ28 said:
This is why im hot.....
Chicken noodle soup w/ a soda on the side.....
Laffy taffy?
 7 years ago '05        #33
DatKidDex 
space
space
$3,973 | Props total: 239 239
If you ever lived up north and moved down south or vice versa you should know that the whole lifestyle is different, the goal remains the same but people get at it in a different way...das just how i look at it.
 7 years ago '07        #34
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,837 | Props total: 1 1
Southern rappers are MENTALLY challenged
 04-07-2010, 03:16 PM         #35
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DatKidDex said:
If you ever lived up north and moved down south or vice versa you should know that the whole lifestyle is different, the goal remains the same but people get at it in a different way...das just how i look at it.
co-sign

kidbrosweets said:
Southern rappers are MENTALLY challenged
And you..f**k n*gga you ducked out. Who are you to say that we're mentally challenged, I bet MONEY you wont come down to south (the hood f**k n*gga, just in case you aint know) and say that s**t. Timid a.ss b**ch.
 7 years ago '04        #36
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 21 21
 "SS" said:
exactly it touched on a little of everything and elaborated on nothing, s**t seems like the opening paragraph with no body whatsoever
dude... its not the wall street journal. what the f**k were you looking for? a research paper on the difference between modern rap in the north and south? english majors are getting d*ck for jobs, so good luck.
 7 years ago '04        #37
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,313 | Props total: 445 445
 Hovi Bryant said:
Did you read the article? Several southern lyricists were mentioned. However I believe the artice is about what you touched on. There isn't enough lyrical powerhouses in the mainstream originating from the south to erase the stigma.
Thats not the souths fault. Radios play what PEOPLE want to hear, and its not just the people in the south. I'm from the south, living here right now and outta all the people I know NONE of my n*ggas bump that s**t thats on the radio. Its the s**t these teens like that plays and the funniest thing about it is that the show thats known for giving all these crappy a.ss songs/videos all the exposure they need IS LOCATED IN NEW YORK.

106&Park is the biggest pusher of this crap music, a show that comes on daily that has an audience FULL of NY reps and what do they do when they hear one of these horrible songs? They cheer like the s**t is the greatest thing in the world even though they've heard it 83498589 times before. Now when a southern artist with an actual good song comes on there what happens? Silence, a fake a.ss clap, its back to the coonery and you'll never see that meaningful video again. So no one can complain about what the south is putting out because the same ones complaining are coming for the same place where people are requesting this s**t.

I've NEVER heard a legit argument against the south on this site NEVER and I guarantee it won't happen today either. If someone talks about the North West or even Midwest mainstream people here are quick to talk about cats from the underground to show the real talent in their area, ITS THE SAME IN THE SOUTH. If you're too damn stupid to figure that out it isn't our fault its yours.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 04-07-2010 at 03:25 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #38
Ra-da-god 20 heat pts20
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 1110 1110
little brother
killa mike
K-rino
J.cole
Outkast
Field mob
Ludacris
T.I

I'd say nooooo
 7 years ago '10        #39
MH Tha Fly Guy 1 heat pts
space
space
$682 | Props total: 164 164
face,3 stacks,zro,ugk,tip,luda[if hel go bak to flowin like on word of mouf] enough said
 7 years ago '09        #40
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,408 | Props total: 162 162

[video - click to view]

willie d says it da best:

"...questionin our intellect
friendly a.ss n*ggas jumpin bad on da INTERNET
anybody typin dat much cant b a danger
catch u in person b**ch ill break yo fingers"

f**k whoever hatin on da south

Last edited by stxbreed; 04-07-2010 at 03:42 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
197 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
28 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
105 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
105 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
245 comments
21 hours ago