VIDEO: Drake debuts "FIREWORKS" from Thank Me Later (LIVE)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM         #21
Trendsetter305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it sounds pretty good, I can't wait for the CDQ
 8 years ago '04        #22
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
 RoyaL CraCk said:
am i the only one that thinks his subject matter has grown predictable & stale?
so, life and striving for success is predictable and stale?

8 years ago '05        #23
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4738 4738
got "Over" on my mp3 for when i hit the gym, when the cd/q come out for this im gonna put it on my mp3 for when i go jogging

cant wait for the album
 8 years ago '08        #24
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
why are males into this guy?, is it just canada dudes into him?, do they realize males are not his target audience?. I understand being into Jay z/Nas/Em, ect they are all lyrical legends/true MCs and all that but what makes you as a male be into him?.

This guy is some "Rap/Rnb artist" not an MC, he is in a different realm then the MCs I named, who do got ladies support but not on the level of this Drake guy which clearly has that as his main base. Jay z/Nas/Em, ect didn't need to rely just on that all the way to become legends in the game, since the streets/true Hip Hop heads got their support.

Which is totally the opposite to this Drake guy, he is geared by his bosses to focus on the ladies and flaunting for the ladies, but they do understand some males might like his flow but I believe they rather have the ladies make him then true hip hop heads, which they can't relate to him in any way, unless you're a canadian actor looking to be a successful artist in the music industry.

Last edited by The N; 04-06-2010 at 09:05 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #25
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 The N said:
why are males into this guy?, is it just canada dudes into him?, do they realize males are not his target audience?. I understand being into Jay z/Nas/Em, ect they are all lyrical legends/true MCs and all that. This guy is some Rap/Rnb artist something that puts him in another different realm then the rappers I named, who do got ladies support but not on the level of this Drake guy, they will make or break him. Jay z/Nas/Em, ect didn't need to rely just on that to become legends in the game, this guy needs to in order to survive in the game.
Music is music. I am sorry you don't feel that way.
 8 years ago '04        #26
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 26 26
i dont f**k with drake but those lyrics looked okay..so i listened to it and damn this n*gga needs to expand his flow...get off the aa bb aa bb s**t. really reading those lyrics i was like lemme peep this then i heard him and it sounded trash man.
 8 years ago '04        #27
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
 RoyaL CraCk said:
am i the only one that thinks his subject matter has grown predictable & stale?
i agree man everything i've heard from him is him saying the same s**t in different ways, i'm the new kid blah blah blah i did it on my own blah blah ect...no hate just saying. he needs to change his flow too like i was sayin and switch it up from time to time cuz his style is BORING. reading the lyrics again it's like every verse he does..same flow as forever ect...also i watched the video again to try to give it a chance but as i said i dont f**k with him so let me ask someone who does.. why the f**k does he fake that southern accent so hard..like god damn n*gga..its so obvious...
 8 years ago '08        #28
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Music is music. I am sorry you don't feel that way.
Oh I understand that, that's why I said he is a Rnb & Rap Artist, but I doubt that he will be in
the header of this forum in future or being talked about as the best MC ever in the game,
I see him being more dominant on the Rnb realm then in Hip Hop.

That's why I think the label still don't know how to sell him or how to sell his album, they got two routes to go with him and they are wondering what to do.

Ultimately the best business is to sell him as an Rnb & Rap Artist but
emphasis on his Rnb will be the main thing and is a safer bet for good business, since that realm seems to be more open for him to rule in. Also that realm actually has people buying albums. Like you said Music is Music but on the Rnb realm that music is more supported/appreciated at retail.

Last edited by The N; 04-06-2010 at 09:26 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #29
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 The N said:
Oh I understand that, that's why I said he is a Rap/Rnb Artist, but I doubt that he will be in
the header of this forum in future or being talked about as the best MCs ever in the game,
I see him being more dominant on the Rnb realm then in Hip Hop.

That's why I think the label
still don't know what to do with his album, they got two routes to go with him and they are
wondering what to do, ultimately the best business is to sell him as an Rnb/Rap Artist but
emphasis on his Rnb will be the main thing and a safer bet, since that realm seems to be more
open for him to rule in, that realm actually has people buying albums and like you said Music
is Music but on the Rnb realm that music is more supported/appreciated.
He is not my favorite artist out by any means, but I like the production he chooses, and sometimes his hooks are quite groovy and catchy. Plus, like you said, b**ches DO like Drake so I make sure to keep him on the iPod for when it's necessary.
 8 years ago '09        #30
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19382 19382
this song is nice
 8 years ago '05        #31
WCL 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 0 0
this dude has to be pranking the industry.....he sucks!! anyone who thinks his "rhymes" are solid obviously doesn't have a brain in their head! CUDDY FOR LIFE!!!
 04-06-2010, 09:47 AM         #32
ATF Fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So much hate for a guy who's a legend in the making. Can't wait for this album. Sucks that it got pushed back again =/
 8 years ago '04        #33
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
 WCL said:
this dude has to be pranking the industry.....he sucks!! anyone who thinks his "rhymes" are solid obviously doesn't have a brain in their head! CUDDY FOR LIFE!!!
you're arguement coulda been strong, but then you said cuddy...
 8 years ago '04        #34
LExingtonluv 
space
space
$397 | Props total: 0 0
Worst performer.... Ever IMO... Like that summerjam performance.... ZZZZ
 04-06-2010, 10:35 AM         #35
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #36
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
damn this cat sucks live.
 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM         #37
kingz21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn haven't seen so much hate just off a small lil snippet off a song which was recorded by a cell phone... we got dudes in here making back-to-back posts, and other dudes so worried how to market the dude
 8 years ago '04        #38
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
 kingz21 said:
damn haven't seen so much hate just off a small lil snippet off a song which was recorded by a cell phone... we got dudes in here making back-to-back posts, and other dudes so worried how to market the dude
along with you reporting live on the thread from drakes nuts.
 8 years ago '07        #39
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 marcusaka50 said:
sound like a Kanye West song
exactly. i thought no one would actually say this.
 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM         #40
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t sounds weak...i cant get into dude sryyyyyyyyyyyyy i tried tho.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
44 comments
1 day ago