Dr.Dre and Jimmy Iovine 'On CNBC Talkin Beats' "Under Pressure" CONFIRMS DETOX FOR 2010!!!!

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #21
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Dre looks uncomfortable EVERYWHERE. No wonder he never leaves the studio or wants to finish and put out an album.

And as far as the headphones are concerned, they are ridiculously overpriced for what's in them. Anyone who knows anything about headphones or even music hardware in general knows that these are $100 headphones. Think about all the people that are involved in this promotional campaign and are cut into the profits of this product. This is why they have to sell them for $300, s**ts not cheap. The only good thing about these headphones that you wont find in most other headphones for far less in price is the detachable cord.

If you want headphones that have superior technology and sound for a far less price, then you need Grado:

04-06-2010, 01:57 AM         #22
JMayle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
Beats by dre headphones really that better? i wanna hear from someone who DIDN'T buy them, but has heard s**t through them... (because anyone that coughed up 300 is gonna say they better cuz they don't wanna look like an a.ss for dropping that much on something thats not really that much better)

I don't think they're anything great. I've tried on my boy's once or twice, I've checked them out at stores. They're regular headphones.
 8 years ago '05        #23
TIGER HOODS 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,042 | Props total: 1 1
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Jimmy Making Him Put Out That Album,It Seems. Dre Look Like "yeahs its coming out" Like He Still Wanted To Work On It. He Dont Seem Too Hype.

You Can Tell Jimmy Running This....
Dre : Ayo Jimmy, I dont know about Detox man, it still aint perfect.
Jimmy : Oh its coming out motherf**ker get your a.ss back to work now!
*proceeds to go on TV to announce first single featuring Jay-Z dropping in 2 weeks*

8 years ago '09        #24
santos0303 52 heat pts52 OP
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
 TIGER HOODS said:
*proceeds to go on TV to announce first single featuring Jay-Z dropping in 2 weeks*

hahahahaha prolly after 10 years of dre saying "It's almost finished just gotta wrap up this Eminem CD" id expect him to be like that and good thing otherwise we would never get the CD
 8 years ago '04        #25
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11266 11266
 JMayle said:
I don't think they're anything great. I've tried on my boy's once or twice, I've checked them out at stores. They're regular headphones.
nah, they are the best s**ts out. not regular. overpriced, but not regular. only thing MAYBE better is the noise canceling bose joints but i like more bass so the beats are
 8 years ago '05        #26
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 CentsCuZ said:
Dre looks uncomfortable EVERYWHERE. No wonder he never leaves the studio or wants to finish and put out an album.

And as far as the headphones are concerned, they are ridiculously overpriced for what's in them. Anyone who knows anything about headphones or even music hardware in general knows that these are $100 headphones. Think about all the people that are involved in this promotional campaign and are cut into the profits of this product. This is why they have to sell them for $300, s**ts not cheap. The only good thing about these headphones that you wont find in most other headphones for far less in price is the detachable cord.

If you want headphones that have superior technology and sound for a far less price, then you need Grado:

For real, not sure why they are special, I heard they used gold plated? or some kind of really non-resistant wire so the sound doesn't sound distorted. But I am pretty other manufacturers use the same or better materials for theirs. After all, other manufacturers make headphones for a living so they must know more?

Its a typical Jimmy Iovine market move. "Keep saying they sound good and they will sound good" An average joe won't know the difference unless they are being told they are different even then its suspect. Typical car salesman technique.
 8 years ago '04        #27
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records said, “sound has been degraded because of the digital revolution, really to point of no return.”

In order for us to store music files, the master files have been compressed over and over again.

This guy said that the there is a problem with sound quality in the industry and instead of fixing the way it is actually recorded, he starts with the headphones.

You running s**tty recorded and sounding compressed music from Jimmy Iovine's record company is not going to sound better through some headphones.
Great video on the subject:

[video - click to view]

But anyways,

One word:

Monster

Thats who makes the headphones. Same company that sells what should be $5 dollar HDMI cables for $100 and $200. They just say they have special gold plating and have "advanced transfer speeds". Nothing but a marketing gimmick. Same with these things.

Last edited by hockeythug; 04-06-2010 at 02:55 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #28
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 14 14
so if Detox really drops this year, does this mean that we all gonna die in 2012 ?
 8 years ago '04        #29
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11266 11266
 hockeythug said:

This guy said that the there is a problem with sound quality in the industry and instead of fixing the way it is actually recorded, he starts with the headphones.

You running s**tty recorded and sounding compressed music from Jimmy Iovine's record company is not going to sound better through some headphones.
Great video on the subject:

But anyways,

One word:

Monster

Thats who makes the headphones. Same company that sells what should be $5 dollar HDMI cables for $100 and $200. They just say they have special gold plating and have "advanced transfer speeds". Nothing but a marketing gimmick. Same with these things.

:applause:

sound quality stuff is all truth.

...but the headphones are still cool IMO and sound great.
 8 years ago '05        #30
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,466 | Props total: 25182 25182
....Its Funny When The Earphone Discussion Comes Up,Folks That Say They Suck Or Whatever Dont Own A Damn Pair To Fully Test Them Out But I Always See That "I TEST IT OUT AT THE STORE" Comment and Those Are Just Demos Pairs. You Comparing Demo To Finish Model....The Demos You Have To Stay Plug Up To A Wall To Have The Earphones To Fully Work.

Then I Hear,They Over Priced. Theres More Than One Pair Of Headphones In This Beats By Dre Collection Line To Choose From Now. The Ones They Walk Around With Are Called The Studios,The Ones He Been Showing Off.. Are Mostly For What? STUDIO Work Not To Walk Around & Show Off In But Some People Dont Get That I Guess.

I Own White Studios & White Solos Pairs,I Havent Been Disappointed Since. The Music Is More Clear & I Can Get Into The Music Much More From Lyrics To The Production. It Comes Out Crystal Clear For My Enjoyment,I Use To Have Bose But Old News Now & For The "Gold Plated" Joke Someone Made,Yeah It Is Gold Plated...Peep The Cord That Connects To Earphones To Audio Device and Look At The Tips,Its Gold Plated.

santos0303 said:
been a longgg time since he was in the spotlight as an artist and not a producer ya know.. promoting his own album plus seems like this is all happening so fast and dre wasnt expecting it..but sht im happy as a mthafcka i know the album has gotta be hot dre is just too picky..someone prolly slapped him and said what are you thinkinnnn this needs to get out.. :f!ghting2: <---- Jimmy Iovine
.....I'm Not Too Happy About It,Those Looks That Dre Had On His Face Was Like Its Not Really. Its Not Finish Yet,He Havent Even Finish Up The Track With Jay Z Yet. It Wasnt Too Happy For The Project To Be Rush,He Was Cool With The Earphone Hustle & Production Hustle But Rushing His Own Material Out? He Wanted To Make Sure It Was Perfect.

Jimmy Must Of b**ch Slapping His a.ss. "AYE....DONT MAKE ME CALL SUGE"

TIGER HOODS said:

04-06-2010, 04:46 AM         #31
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Its Funny When The Earphone Discussion Comes Up,Folks That Say They Suck Or Whatever Dont Own A Damn Pair To Fully Test Them Out But I Always See That "I TEST IT OUT AT THE STORE" Comment and Those Are Just Demos Pairs. You Comparing Demo To Finish Model....The Demos You Have To Stay Plug Up To A Wall To Have The Earphones To Fully Work.

Then I Hear,They Over Priced. Theres More Than One Pair Of Headphones In This Beats By Dre Collection Line To Choose From Now. The Ones They Walk Around With Are Called The Studios,The Ones He Been Showing Off.. Are Mostly For What? STUDIO Work Not To Walk Around & Show Off In But Some People Dont Get That I Guess.

I Own White Studios & White Solos Pairs,I Havent Been Disappointed Since. The Music Is More Clear & I Can Get Into The Music Much More From Lyrics To The Production. It Comes Out Crystal Clear For My Enjoyment,I Use To Have Bose But Old News Now & For The "Gold Plated" Joke Someone Made,Yeah It Is Gold Plated...Peep The Cord That Connects To Earphones To Audio Device and Look At The Tips,Its Gold Plated.

.....I'm Not Too Happy About It,Those Looks That Dre Had On His Face Was Like Its Not Really. Its Not Finish Yet,He Havent Even Finish Up The Track With Jay Z Yet. It Wasnt Too Happy For The Project To Be Rush,He Was Cool With The Earphone Hustle & Production Hustle But Rushing His Own Material Out? He Wanted To Make Sure It Was Perfect.

Jimmy Must Of b**ch Slapping His a.ss. "AYE....DONT MAKE ME CALL SUGE"

sorry but son you obviously dono know jack s**t about headphones. Not overpriced? b**ch 300 dollars can buy you some wannabe Grado's that'll blow these beats by dre back to 1980. ur just mad that u copped out that much money for 2 pairs of rapper endorsed headphones like a lil girl buying a hanna montana cd player...I dont giva f**k about ur a.ss enjoying them im not trying to bring u down but dont be bulls**ttin on the internet with misinformation that will get some other dumbass to make the same mistake as u..get that s**t outta here ho

its not that theyre bad quality, its just that theyre 120$ quality...and if u coulda learned how to read technical specs of sound equipment beforehand u wouldnt have made the mistake of buying them ..go to any real audio gear place and n*ggaz will tell u wassup

Last edited by hurricanegamePZ; 04-06-2010 at 04:47 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #32
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 264 264

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #33
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
Dre needs to reach out to Ice Cube and Mc Ren and the 3 of them should do a Wu-Massacre type thing with Dre on the beats, mostly Cube and Ren rappin. Make that s**t at least 54 minutes and boom, you'd have a classic.
 8 years ago '04        #34
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
It really does seem like Jimmy is pushing the release.. which is actually good because if anyone could get Dre to release a single and Detox it's Jimmy.
 8 years ago '09        #35
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,547 | Props total: 90 90
 Ole-G said:
so if Detox really drops this year, does this mean that we all gonna die in 2012 ?
probably
 8 years ago '05        #36
Trakboy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,085 | Props total: 981 981
i hope my waiting ends this year! but i doubt it
 8 years ago '04        #37
PBills 1 heat pts
space
space
$703 | Props total: 192 192
this video was recorded in 2020
 8 years ago '07        #38
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 14 14

[pic - click to view]

I heard this will be released soon, anyone planning to cop it ?
 8 years ago '09        #39
domert 
space
space
space
$314 | Props total: 254 254
Like the Years before :hmm:
 8 years ago '07        #40
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
:rolleyes:.......sure n*gga
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
57 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
85 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy