My Top 20 (Lyrical) MC's And Why....

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
7553 pageviews
88 comments

IceyBrotha 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 0 0
My Top 20 (Lyrical) MC's And Why....

It has come to my attention that everyone has argued/shared their own opinions on who the "best" MC's in the game are right now. So I decided to compose a list of my OWN top 20; Notice I said my OWN TOP 20. I don't want someone coming on here posting some s**t....saying "uhh why you ain't put Waka Flocka or Soulja Boy. Also. I'm sorry if I did not give credit where credit is die. It was very hard to mingle with ALL the MC's in the game. F*ck THAT! This is str8 Hip-Hop over here fool. In fact those two people are the murderers of this beatiful thing we "call/called" hip-hop. So enjoy and share your own thoughts. BTW for the "slow base heads" the list goes from 20 to 1 (1 being the best).

20. REDMAN
Redman been in the game forever. Him and Meth been holdin hip-hop down..Whether its a solo album or a collabo Wu-Album He always put in work and finishes his verses up cleann..

19. JOELL ORTIZ
"You throw a shot at me, I'm throwing a shot back, Your's is on a joint ,Mine's whistling by your top hat" What can I say about Joell? He reps his ethnicitey hard and always keeps the verses greezy! He definetley deserved a spot on my list. Although out of all the me,bers of Slaughterhouse I do think he is the weakest.

18. FREEWAY
Freeway is one rapper I do respect dearly. He has not only an amazing beat picking ear, but he brings the Freestyles like it's nothin. Just off the top of head. I know, I know, for most of ya'll It's hard to get used to his scratchy voice but I have no problem with it. He spits that knowledge. And If ya'll haven't checked out his Month of Madness Series...You Sleepin"!

17. MOS DEF
Mos Def Has not only a creative style of rapping, but he cleverly puts alot of context into his verses his latest album "Estatic" brought it in. He makes a wide variety of songs with different styles.

16. METHOD MAN
Meth! Holdin' it down for the Wu! I do indeed think that he is better than Redman (not by much though) and that's why he has this spot

15. THE CLIPSE
I know kinda broke the rules by putting a group in. The Clipse go HARRRRD! If you don't listen to them you sleeping! Their latest album was a definete buy (at least for me). I don't usually buy albums unless I really want to show support. It was worth it for they went hard on every track, and they been on the grind

14. FABOLOUS
Some way Fabo blends lyrical flow into a very, very modern day style. He goes hard and Loso's way was beastin'. Even his mixtapes go hard. Here's my fav verse from him. That's why I'm with Nadia, "I call my gun Nadia,When she say hi to ya, Ba-ba-bye to ya, Make it sound like Saudia Arabia, maybe ya haters should Watch what he say to her, Ya dig? I can hold my head high or die or I can live and duck, My attitude is celibate, I don't give a f**k".

13. BUN B
While keepin it TRILL and keeping it Lyrical, Bun is one of the most flexable artists in the game right now. He can keep it gutta and work with (s**t Artist - Soulja Boy) or he can go In). With the death of PIMP C, I do beleive it motivated him to keep the legacy of UGK forever and I cannot wait for the next Solo and UGK albums to come.

12. ICE CUBE
Must I really explain? He's not only one of the for-runners of the start of hip-hop but to this day he still goes in....Unlike Mack10 (Last album was absolute s**t) Cube's last album was amazing and still had the old school flow.

11. LIL WAYNE
I know, I know, I had to include him though.....He has taken a turn for the worst but still he def. can spit. I find that he just doesn't try. and he has been making dumb moves as of late. Like wtf?! would he put out a rockish type album...? Just a dumb f**king move on his behalf......I'm making a prediction that THE CARTER 4 will be a complete failure...But I guess we'll have to wait.

10. JOE BUDDEN
Joey absolutley bodies track and he mad a big start to 2010 by droppin' all these tracks produced by J.Cardim. I would love for him to hurry up and drop The Great Escape but I will wait.

9. ROYCE DA 5'9"
I do admit I didn't really listen to Royce until recently but I'm impressed with him and didn't know he was that good. WHY DIDN"T ANYONE TELL ME?!?!?! "Smh"
I was sleepin'!

8. GAME
Game.....Like the name change, He is an artist with big balls. I say that because he brings it hard every track and usually throws a couple shots at whomever he wants to. I say that to say this. His talent was held inside 50's Palm and I'm happy he left. (BTW I'm lookin forward to his next album. And you can tell I'm very anti-G-Unit).

7. CROOKED I
This is one clever dude^^^^^
In my opinion he is the best member of Slaughterhouse. He brings it while throwing up Long Beach when he needs to

6. CANIBUS
Why did I put him this high? Canibus is honestly one of the most intriguing lyricists I have ever heard. His flow is bananas and he always goes in about interesting things like Illuminati conspiracies and how he was scammed for money off Beef DVD's, etc. What really caught my attention was POET LAUREATE INFINTIY. I have never heard anything like that to this day. But I do admit I was disappointed when he said he was doing a whole LP with Long a.ss "GOD" songs like Poet Laureate Infintiy V004 and It never dropped....But I'm waitin'!

5. EMINEM
Okay, No This will spark confusion but I DO NOT LIKE EM, I never have and prolly never will. Why? you ask? Because he raps about the weirdest and f**ked up s**t, like getting f**ked by his step-dad, etc. Thats just that gay s**t and I'm not down for that. Why would I put him on here? because I couldn't leave him off the list, too many people would cry and I do respect the achievments in his life.

4. LUPE FIASCO
L.A.S.E.R.S........I'm waiting patiently. He always comes in hard and I'm waiting for his next albums. I do beleive he is one of the leaders of the new school hip-hop and I hope he keeps showing it.

3. JAY-Z
Jay-Z has had so much achievment in his life and has always had lyrical flow. I do think that he deserves to be in the top 3 no matter what.

2. JAY ELECTRONICA
To All the Haters: Jay Elect is the future of Hip-Hop after droppin such track like Exhibit A & C it is defient that he is one of the best. My only complaint is how he said that Act II was going to drop at the start of the year but to this day it hasen't sropped. Althought he doesn't have much material at this point. "His rhymes are definetly a work of art".

1. BANGS
Naw just f**king with ya image

1. NAS
Illmatic....must I say more???

I hoped you liked my top 20 AND I must give an Honarable Mention to: Jeezy, Chino XL, Immortal Technique, k!llah Priest, Sean Price, Slick Rick, J.Cole, Chamillionaire, N.O.R.E., Gift of Gab, Rakim, GZA, RZA, Ya Boy, Cassidy, Dr. Dre (WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU?) Ghostface k!llah, Jay Rock, Ludacris, T.I., Nino Bless, Tech N9ne, SeDrew Price, Common, Andre 3K, Raekwon, Talib Kweli, Scarface, Juelz, Papoose and last but not least JD Era...You On the Come Up Fam!

R.I.P. Pimp C, Pac, Biggie, Mac Dre, Big L Big Pun and the many others we have lost

Last edited by IceyBrotha; 04-05-2010 at 02:49 PM..

88 comments for "My Top 20 (Lyrical) MC's And Why...."

8 years ago '08        #2
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
You have Game in your top 20 and Rakim in the honorable mentions?

:jay:

edit: no hate, just wondering why
 8 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
Jay Electronica may be the most overrated newcomer in the last 10 years.

People getting hype off 2 f**king songs.
 8 years ago '09        #4
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts OP
space
space
You have Game in your top 20 and Rakim in the honorable mentions?
The Reason I did that is because I was really disappointed with his last album..I dunno; might just have been me, and I had to put Game in there but everyone has their own opinions...Take Akademiks for example. He thinks that Jay Elect has only two songs and that Other People (and myself) get hyped off two songs when I have listened to much more than two songs. In fact, I've heard them all and I'm impressed
 8 years ago '04        #5
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1607 1607
damn my dude u kinda lost points when u mentioned Dr. Dre as a honorable mention, just to inform u Dr. Dre doesnt write his own lyrics, bye.
 8 years ago '05        #6
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3223 3223
You say this is a list of your 20 best lyrical emcees right now, and then continue to bring up things from the past..so I'm just curious is this your list of all time or just right now?

Respect though on the list.
 8 years ago '09        #7
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts OP
space
space
You say this is a list of your 20 best lyrical emcees right now, and then continue to bring up things from the past..so I'm just curious is this your list of all time or just right now?

Respect though on the list.
Well It's supposed to be right now, or at least in the past couple years, sorry if I got off topic a little, when I put things like "he is the fore-runner of hip-hop" what I meant was that that specific MC would have never been on this list if he had not done those things in the past. But if It was to be a list of the my top right now....It would always change, whenever or whoever is dropping albums, etc. naw mean?
 8 years ago '09        #8
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Gotta have Tech N9ne on a top 20 list somewhere!!!
 8 years ago '09        #9
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts OP
space
space
Gotta have Tech N9ne on a top 20 list somewhere!!!
Oh s**t forgot about him...umm I'll edit it but I'll put him in honarable mention, although it could be argued that he is def. somewhere on the list...
 8 years ago '05        #10
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 632 632
lol@game ahead of redman....

redman is top 10
 8 years ago '05        #11
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
Not bad. I mean, mine would be completly different, but u put together a respectable list. I'd definitly include fashawn, Blu, Cole, and Ghostfae
 04-05-2010, 02:09 PM         #12
comeback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I WANNA f**kING k!ll U KID!!! HOW f**kING OLD ARE YOU??? LIL WAYNE?? THE GAME? ARE U f**kING WITH ME RIGHT NOW?? :BAN: f**kING SOMEONE BAN THIS f**k FACE.. f**k IS JAY DOING AT NUMBER 3?? HE AIN'T EVEN TOP 15.. SMH.. REDMAN AND METHOD MAN ARE ARGUABLY TOP 10 LYRICISTS.. WHERE'S BIG PUN? BIG L?
 8 years ago '06        #13
Dapper Don 
space
space
space
$861 | Props total: 0 0
lil wayne before mos? you officially have no clout. where's Immortal Technique?
 04-05-2010, 02:10 PM         #14
comeback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondareal said:
Not bad. I mean, mine would be completly different, but u put together a respectable list. I'd definitly include fashawn, Blu, Cole, and Ghostfae
JESUS f**kING CHRIST.. BLU? COLE? REALLY??
 04-05-2010, 02:10 PM         #15
comeback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ON THE OTHER NOTE.. I THINK TS IS f**kING WITH US...
 8 years ago '04        #16
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
jay electronica over Eminem and Jay-z?? :disdain2:

that's probably the only thing i disagree with...

i've heard jay electronica's mixtape and i only liked Exhibit A, i haven't heard exhibit C, but i've heard everybody and they moms flip the beat... he's decent, but just not that great to me...
 8 years ago '09        #17
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts OP
space
space
I WANNA f**kING k!ll U KID!!! HOW f**kING OLD ARE YOU??? LIL WAYNE?? THE GAME? ARE U f**kING WITH ME RIGHT NOW?? :BAN: f**kING SOMEONE BAN THIS f**k FACE.. f**k IS JAY DOING AT NUMBER 3?? HE AIN'T EVEN TOP 15.. SMH.. REDMAN AND METHOD MAN ARE ARGUABLY TOP 10 LYRICISTS.. WHERE'S BIG PUN? BIG L?
Calm down dude....I'm talkin bout Weezy's old s**t, I don't really listen to him anymore, I'm 18 If you were wonderin and I'm from Canada....(Like any of this matters) but why the f**k you gotta spaz out?? It's obvious you hav a great Bias towards Red & Meth but Lyrically 'I THINK' that they aren't top 10. And Big L is deceased; this list is only people that are alive.
 04-05-2010, 02:18 PM         #18
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where are Chino XL, Immortal Technique, k!llah Priest, Sean Price, Slick Rick, Apathy & G Rap? If this is best lyricists as the thread title states I'd like to know why you skipped over these guys and put on people with questionable lyrical ability like Wayne, Meth and Fab? And how can you put anyone above Canibus lyrically?
 8 years ago '09        #19
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts OP
space
space
jay electronica over Eminem and Jay-z??

that's probably the only thing i disagree with...

i've heard jay electronica's mixtape and i only liked Exhibit A, i haven't heard exhibit C, but i've heard everybody and they moms flip the beat... he's decent, but just not that great to me...
LOL everyone said that when jay Elect came out with it that no one else should touch the beat...the very next day Dame Grease ruined it by using Auto-tune on it. After that the beat became as.lut to all these whack rappers.!
 8 years ago '06        #20
Dapper Don 
space
space
space
$861 | Props total: 0 0
couldnt even RIP shout Pun. I feel sorry for your generation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Upcoming Horror Movies 2018 (Trailer)
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy