Paul Williams vs Kermit Cintron[5-8-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Pwill by KO 6 75.00%
Pwill by Decision 2 25.00%
Draw 0 0%
Cintron by KO 0 0%
Cintron by Decision 0 0%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
8233 pageviews
190 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Paul Williams vs Kermit Cintron[5-8-10][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. ntron-1357897/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 05-05-2010 at 01:26 PM..

190 comments for "Paul Williams vs Kermit Cintron[5-8-10][HBO]"

8 years ago '04        #2
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,758 | Props total: 23327 23327
williams by decision
overall good f!ght
 8 years ago '06        #3
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Photos/Quotes: Paul Williams-Kermit Cintron Presser

Los Angeles, CA – The world-famous Palm Restaurant in Downtown Los Angeles was the site for today’s introductory press conference formally announcing the May 8, 2010 “WEIGHT IS OVER” bout between a pair of former world welterweight champions Paul “The Punisher” Williams (38-1, 27 KOs) and Kermit “The k!ller” Cintron (32-2-1, 28 KOs).

The scheduled 12-round battle – presented by Goossen Tutor Promotions in a.ssociation with DiBella Entertainment -- will be contested with both natural welterweights moving up to 154 pounds in what promises to be an action-packed main event for fans in attendance at the outdoor Home Depot Center in Carson, California and an HBO “World Championship Boxing” television audience. Corona Beer will serve as the event’s sponsor.

In addition to the main event, promoter Dan Goossen introduced reigning WBO NABO Lightweight Champion Martin “El Brochas” Honorio (28-4-1, 14 KOs), who will drop back down to 130 pounds to take on 2004 Dominican Republic Olympian Argenis Mendez (15-1, 9 KOs) for the vacant USBA Junior Lightweight Title.

Seated on the dais were Williams and his manager/trainer George Peterson; Cintron and his representative from DBE, Ron Rizzo (also represent Mendez); Honorio and promoter Dan Goossen.

Following are quotes from today’s media event:

WILLIAMS: “I definitely gotta thank Cintron for giving me a shot. A lot of guys don’t want to give me a shot in the ring. They take a f!ght and pull out two weeks into it. So I appreciate Cintron for giving me the f!ght. This will be a great f!ght for my fans to see and for those not my fans to see. I know Cintron is a hard puncher. I’ve seen a couple of his f!ghts and I know he’s gonna be bringing it that night. I respect his power and a lot of stuff from him. For my fans that come out they are going to be on pins and needles because they know they’re gonna get a knockdown, drag-out f!ght. And they love that. I love to f!ght. Either the guy’s gonna get me or I’m gonna get him. May the best man win. We’re gonna bring the heat that night, so come wearing your tank tops!”

CINTRON: “I’ve got nothing bad to say about Paul Williams. I have a lot of respect for him. Paul Williams is a great f!ghter, a great champion. On May 8th, it’s gonna be a great night for both of us. It’s gonna be two great f!ghters f!ghting and let the best man win. It’s gonna be a hard f!ght for him and a hard f!ght for myself. I’m sure he’s getting ready for this f!ght; I’m getting ready for this f!ght. I’m gonna come in the best shape ever. May 8th is gonna be a hell of a night for Paul Williams and myself.”

PETERSON: “I appreciate Cintron taking this f!ght because it’s not easy for Paul to get f!ghts. Paul would f!ght more regularly if we could get opponents and I want to thank Kermit for stepping up. I think I read somewhere that Kermit mentioned that with his power if he hits Paul like (Sergio Martinez) did, he will knock Paul out. There’re not gonna no rocks to crawl under in that ring and I want to know what’s gonna happen when you land that big punch that you’re counting on and Paul Williams is still there. Paul Williams f!ghts three minutes of every round. It will be a good f!ght and we look to haveall of you out there. It’s gonna be a f!ght you’ll all enjoy. Kermit is a very good f!ghter, no doubt about that. And we’re prepared for that f!ght.”

RIZZO: “This f!ght finally came together and I know he (Cintron) is excited about that. He had a big win last May on HBO (over undefeated Alfredo Angulo) and plans to have another big win on HBO in May, 2010.”

“Honorio will be f!ghting Argeniz Mendez, our junior lightweight, who’s a Dominican coming over out of the Top Rank stable. We recently signed him and brought him along. And he’s looking forward to the opportunity, which came together very quickly over the last week. I know we’re excited and looking forward to the opportunity to f!ght for the USBA Lightweight Title.”

HONORIO: “I’m really looking forward to being in the co-main event underneath Williams and Cintron. I’m excited about dropping back down to my most comfortable weight to take on this tough opponent for the USBA title, and I’m ready to go.”

DAN GOOSSEN: “This is a f!ght that we have tried on many occasions to make. From our end I’m glad we didn’t do it any earlier because it’s much bigger today. Come May 8th, Paul is taking on the best challenge at 154 pounds today and Kermit is obviously taking on who we believe is the best 147-pounder, the best 154-pounder and the best 160-pounder.”
 8 years ago '07        #4
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30397 30397
Cintron is gonna revert to his old ways. CAn't remember who Cintron fought that had people saying that he had 'heart' all-of-a-sudden. Did he f!ght Angulo?

Anyway, Williams is gonna put work in on dude, then... he not gonna want to f!ght anymore. So, maybe he quits on his stool, or maybe the ref gets tired of telling Cintron to f!ght back, and just calls the f!ght off.
 04-02-2010, 06:57 PM         #5
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Cintron is gonna revert to his old ways. CAn't remember who Cintron fought that had people saying that he had 'heart' all-of-a-sudden. Did he f!ght Angulo?

Anyway, Williams is gonna put work in on dude, then... he not gonna want to f!ght anymore. So, maybe he quits on his stool, or maybe the ref gets tired of telling Cintron to f!ght back, and just calls the f!ght off.
yeah, i see paul stopping him. cintron dont go the tools to beat paul
 8 years ago '06        #6
jj01 
space
space
$44,960 | Props total: 4682 4682
what a joke smh cintron is straight garbo
 8 years ago '06        #9
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
boxing scene press conference video >>

"come saturday night when it's time for us to get in the ring, I'm gonna try and break his ribs, his jaw, I'm gonna try and k!ll him in there. Thats how I really feel" Paul Williams

:- 0

cant wait

8 years ago '06        #10
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Williams got this one. Don't see Cintron Beating him. We'll see though you never know in Boxing.
 8 years ago '06        #11
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Trendy LA eatery Sisley Italian Kitchen in Sherman Oaks was the site for today’s final press conference in advance of Saturday’s battle between former 3-time world champion Paul “The Punisher” Williams (38-1, 27 KOs) and former welterweight world champion Kermit “The k!ller” Cintron (32-2-1, 28 KOs) at the outdoor Home Depot Center in Carson, California. “It’s not personal, but he’ll be out throwing punches and trying to hurt me, and I’ll be trying to hurt him,” said Williams. “If he catches me with his best shot, I’ll still be standing. When I catch him with my best shot, look out. It may be a different (scenario).”

The scheduled twelve-rounder will be contested at 154 pounds, a division higher than what Williams still claims is his natural 147-pound weight.
Photos: Jan Sanders/Goossen Tutor Promotions

In addition to the main event, promoter Dan Goossen introduced reigning WBO NABO Lightweight Champion Martin “El Brochas” Honorio (28-4-1, 14 KOs), who will drop back down to 130 pounds to take on 2004 Dominican Republic Olympian Argenis Mendez (15-1, 9 KOs) for the vacant USBA Junior Lightweight Title.

Seated on the dais were Williams and his trainer George Peterson; Cintron and his promoter Lou DiBella, HBO executive Kery Davis and Goossen. Also called up to say a few words about their title f!ght were Mendez and Honorio.

Following are quotes from Wednesday’s media event:

PAUL WILLIAMS

“I’ve been asked the same questions so many times about f!ghting in different weight classes, if I feel I am getting slighted, that sort of stuff, that my answers are almost like turning on a recorder and listening to it play, but only with my mouth moving.

“But, make no mistake; I don’t mind getting the attention and all the questions. I am confident and comfortable f!ghting in different weight classes and I will continue to do so for as long as I can and it is feasible.

“Whatever the weight is, my mindset is — and always has been — to f!ght to the end. I think that is my greatest advantage. I’m satisfied with the way things are going,

“Right now, Cintron is my main focus. The guy right in front of me is always my main focus. I don’t think about any other possible f!ghts. If I’m asked, I’ll talk about it, but otherwise my sole concentration is my next f!ght.

“But, you know, my thing is I’ll f!ght anybody if the money is right.

“Saturday is going to be a real f!ght between two hungry guys doing their best to get their hand raised at the end.

“I hated training camp, getting up at 4 a.m. and working as hard as I did. But that means it was a great camp and I am in tremendous condition. I’m looking forward to making the most of my opportunity on Saturday and making Cintron pay for all the hours and hours I put in during camp.’’

KERMIT CINTRON

“This f!ght has been in the works since 2006 when he was WBO champion and I was IBF champion. We were supposed to f!ght a unification f!ght back then. There’ve been talks three or four times since, but the time wasn’t right.

“Now, for me, the timing is perfect and I am very confident. You can call Williams a “feared” f!ghter, or whatever, but he’s just another f!ghter for me

“This will be an interesting f!ght because we’ve both overcome some obstacles to get here. Style-wise, it could be the f!ght of the Year.

“I had a perfect training camp with no complaints. I am 100 percent physically and mentally and feel that — at the age of 30 — I am in my prime.

“Williams has two inches in height on me but I’ve sparred with taller guys in the gym and don’t expect it to be a problem.

“If I do my thing and be myself, use my skills and stick to the game plan, I’ll win it on Saturday.’’

MARTIN HONORIO

“I’ve won a lot of belts and feel confident that I will get another one on Saturday. But this is a very important f!ght for another reason, too. I need to win to get a shot at the world title.

“I don’t know very much about Mendez other than what I’ve seen on his record and that he was an Olympian. But I am definitely not going to overlook him.

“The key for me in every f!ght is training camp and I had a great one and worked very hard. I am in tremendous shape.

“Of course, it’s always better to win impressively and make a statement, but the most important thing is winning the f!ght. I am looking forward to a very good f!ght.’’

ARGENIS MENDEZ

“I have prepared very well. I feel really good. This f!ght should be a war and I’ll do whatever it takes to win.

“I feel f!ghting in the 2004 Olympics for the Dominican Republic has been a great advantage for me. f!ghting internationally as an amateur has helped me as a pro in many ways. I feel comfortable in a boxing ring no matter where it is.

“I feel I am still learning but definitely improving, too. I’m definitely capable of winning this f!ght and that is what I am going to do.’’

DAN GOOSSEN

“One of the great things about a Paul Williams f!ght is they always have that ability to become a ‘f!ght of the Year’.

“Here we had Alfredo Angulo who was being groomed to be one of the top 154-pounders and who beats Kermit Cintron. Obviously, we saw the f!ght with (Sergio) Martinez, so whenever we talk about the future, it’s okay but it doesn’t mean we’re looking past the present, which is Saturday night. We know we’ve got a tough f!ght, but this is all part and parcel of going out there and saying ‘this is what we’re doing. This is why we’re doing it, and this is what’s going to happen when it’s done. But obviously, Kermit Cintron is going to do everything he can to change that.

“We know what we’re gonna get Saturday night and that’s our money’s worth when Paul Williams steps into that ring to go out there and show that he’s the best f!ghter pound for pound in the world today.

“The Honorio-Mendez f!ght is a 12-round f!ght for the USBA Junior Lightweight Championship and like Lou (DiBella) said, the winner of this is certainly going to position himself for a World Championship f!ght. But, this is what the sport needs, especially on the undercard f!ghts.

LOU DiBELLA

“It’s a pleasure to promote Kerm. I’ve always thought he was a terrific talent. When I got an opportunity to see the people that sort of abandoned him after the f!ght with Margarito, I knew that he was still a young man and a young f!ghter with a tremendous future.

“One of the things about Kermit that I love which is the same thing I love about the guy over here (Williams), who I’ve been on the other side of the ring from a lot of times but I’m a big fan of: Paul Williams is a warrior; Kermit’s a warrior. They are two consummate athletes. These are both guys that could have success in almost any sport they would have selected. And they’re both warriors. They get in there; they f!ght. Not only do they f!ght, they f!ght who you ask them to f!ght.

“I think you’re going to see a war on Saturday night, partially because neither one of these guys knows another way. They’re gonna get in there; they’re gonna throw it down and try and hurt one another. They’re gonna have fun in there and throw caution to the wind because they are two great champions.

“I think I’m gonna once again walk away with the champion.”

8 years ago '06        #12
space
space
Paul Williams: I'm Going To Break, Hurt Kermit Cintron

By Mark Vester

The "Punisher" Paul Williams plans to put a beating on Kermit Cintron this Saturday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. The two former welterweight champions have pledged to stage a war in the early rounds of the contest. Williams expects a war and told BoxingScene.com's Daniel Morales to expect some early fireworks.

"I expect Kermit to come out there and try to gain respect and try to land something big and all that, but whatever he do, it doesn't matter because I'm going to be right there. I don't care what he does to me, I'm going to be right in his face the whole night and hes' going to have to f!ght and I'm going to break him up. And that's not me being c*cky or arrogant, that's my confidence level," Williams told BoxingScene.com.

Williams doesn't keep any secrets. He wants to put some damage on Cintron at the start.

"I know he's going to try to hurt me so I'm going to go out there and do my best to hurt him. I'm just going to hurt him, basically and hit him with everything I've got and he's going to have to f!ght me off like I'm a dog with rabies or something," Williams said.

8 years ago '04        #13
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
these dudes are not natural welterweights

i don't care what anybody says
 8 years ago '06        #14
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
damn i used to work security at the home depot center... wish i would have stayed there to watch this.
 8 years ago '10        #15
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,504 | Props total: 9828 9828
Paul got hands dont know too much about cintron
 8 years ago '06        #16
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Paul Williams via 11th Rd TKO
 8 years ago '08        #17
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
paul williams looks like ochocinco. lol
 8 years ago '06        #18
space
space
“This f!ght with me and (Kermit) Cintron will be a real classic f!ght,” said two-division world champion Paul “The Punisher” Williams. “I respect Cintron as a man, but when we get in that ring on Saturday night I’m gonna try my best to hurt him ‘cause I know he’s gonna try and hurt me. I’m gonna hit him with everything I got and he’s gonna have to f!ght me with everything he’s got because I’m gonna be on him. It’s real close to the f!ght. I don’t want to talk to no one. I just want to do my thing and get ready for Saturday night.

“It’s gonna be a war and I’m preparing myself for a war. In my mind I’m gonna have no sympathy for him in the ring. After the f!ght is over, okay, I hope he’ll be all right. I wish him all the luck but, come Saturday night when it’s time to get in that ring I’m gonna try and break his ribs, his jaw and I’m gonna try and k!ll him to death. That’s how I really feel. All the time I spent in training camp away from my family and my friends, it’s in my mind I’m gonna go get him, hands down. And I’m not gonna say no more.”

8 years ago '06        #19
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
When Paul say he gonna be in his face all night you know he not joking after the Sergio Martinez f!ght

I hate the fact they f!ghting each other cause I like em both but Paul got me wanting to see Kermit die in the ring after the interviews

8 years ago '07        #20
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30397 30397
 StudiosConnect' said:
When Paul say he gonna be in his face all night you know he not joking after the Sergio Martinez f!ght

I hate the fact they f!ghting each other cause I like em both but Paul got me wanting to see Kermit die in the ring after the interviews

You like Cintron???
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy