Mar 21 - House Passes Sweeping Health Care Reform

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #121
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
 1angrypinoy said:
WTF are YOU talking about. You make it sound like this shiite is law which it isn't.

The healthcare reform bill is not part of the Constitution. It's a bill that got approved by the HOR. The Senate still has to vote on it and if they make any changes to the bill, which they likely will, it will have to pass through the HOR again.

, people who are angry about the provisions on the bill will be writing their state senators, as any conscientious citizen would.

the house passed their bill last year
the senate passed their bill last year
the house passed the senate bill yesterday
Obama is signing it into law TOMORROW

The Senate is going to pass a whole nother package, the package that the House voted on after they passed the Health Care bill last night...

once again.... read a book, jack.
 8 years ago '05        #122
space
space
 JBeezy said:
None of that mentions anything regarding health care. I'm not denying that this bill may become the "law of the land".....I'm questioning its Constitutional backing...and I've yet to see any. Just because something is voted on, passed and made into law doesn't mean it's Constitutional.
*sighs*

under the Commerce clause... taxing ppl who dont purchase insurance after 2018.... is consstitutional.... the commerce.... clause...

COMMERCE is the buying and selling of goods... Congress has the right to regulate commerce and tax...

get it?
 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM         #123
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Do people not realize that employed people who have coverage through their work won't be affected.

But the person who gets laid off and loses their benefits along with their job, will have to pay for personal coverage on their own with a job that doesn't exist. And if they don't, then they get fined, which is also giving the IRS access to your medical history. Which before this was against HIPPA regulations.

Do people also not care about the 1000s of people currently on medicare and medicaid that will get dropped and forced into this gov't plan?

There is over a trillion dollars a year in fraud within the current healthcare industry. If they cut down on a portion of that fraud, we could revamp healthcare and wouldn't need a new bill because it would be paying for itself.

I still don't see how turning over the healthcare industry to the same gov't that has bankrupt every other gov't program is a good thing. Social security on its way down the tubes. Medicare / medicaid, on it's way to bankrupcy. Along with the banking and auto industries.

All this does is make our gov't bigger and give them more control over our lives. You really think they're gonna cut you a deal? The gov't only job is to stay in business. They DON'T have your best interests in mind. don't let your HOPE blind you.

Not to mention the TRILLION dollar price tag on top of the debt that NObama has doubled since he took ofice? People thought we were in debt when Bush was in office, WE ARE MORE THAN DOUBLE THE DEBT BUSH HAD, and now adding on another trillion.

kid I stopped after your first two points cause they are wrong...if you lose your job you will no longer be required to buy HC....you will go on COBRA. come on man get it right if your going to b**ch.
 8 years ago '05        #124
Dainfamous730 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$848 | Props total: 2600 2600
When does all this start taking affect???
 8 years ago '04        #125
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 diggie said:
kid I stopped after your first two points cause they are wrong...if you lose your job you will no longer be required to buy HC....you will go on COBRA. come on man get it right if your going to b**ch.
You obviously have no f**king clue "kid". Have you ever been laid off? Ever even looked at COBRA?

COBRA cost upwards of 150-300 / mo for an individual male with no kids. Educate yourself before you try and talk s**t.

How is someone who looses their company benefits along with their job, going to afford that cobra bulls**t with no job?

I've been laid off twice in the last 4 years. I've experienced this s**t first hand.

It was cheaper to go with Aetna where I was paying 130 / mo. I had one simple little procedure done and after my insurance coverage I still had to pay $700. All without a job.

So now, under this bill, if I was still unemployed, I would HAVE to stick with s**tty insurance or choose the gov't equivelent of COBRA. Or else the IRS is going to access my medical records because I'll be fined for being uninsured.

Dainfamous730 said:
Depends on how these lawsuits go. When it's signed it's law, but it will take time to implement the rules. These lawsuits might slow that down.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 03-22-2010 at 08:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #126
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
i mean come on people, look at canada.. i watched an interview with brock lesnar regarding his sickness.. he was in canada at the time he under went his injury (who have "goverment" healthcare) and was like i need to get the hell out of here(canada) and get back to the US to get some acceptable health services.
I just have to say that if you use Brock Lesnar to judge the entire Canadian health care system then you are sadly mistaken (and slightly retarded)
 8 years ago '07        #127
eYe_SeE_MoNeY 
space
space
$518 | Props total: 9 9
" A Government big enough to give you everything you want is a Government big enough to take from you everything you have " - Gerald Ford
 8 years ago '04        #128
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 eYe_SeE_MoNeY said:
" A Government big enough to give you everything you want is a Government big enough to take from you everything you have " - Gerald Ford
^^^ Ford stole that quote from Thomas Jefferson.
 8 years ago '04        #129
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 serty321 said:

Watch this. It directly speaks to the constitutionality of the legislation.
 Adamsville said:
*sighs*

under the Commerce clause... taxing ppl who dont purchase insurance after 2018.... is consstitutional.... the commerce.... clause...

COMMERCE is the buying and selling of goods... Congress has the right to regulate commerce and tax...

get it?
Yes it's FAUX News, but Judge Napolitano is the only guy there worth anything.

[video - click to view]

eYe_SeE_MoNeY said:
 Screwhead said:
^^^ Ford stole that quote from Thomas Jefferson.
Either way, great quote.
 8 years ago '08        #130
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,063 | Props total: 4851 4851
 JBeezy said:
Yes it's FAUX News, but Judge Napolitano is the only guy there worth anything.

Either way, great quote.
Edit- Let me rephrase what I was trying to get at

IMO, bills don't need a reason to be constitutional, they need a reason to be unconstitutional.

Agree or disagree?

Last edited by stlcardinals19; 03-22-2010 at 09:36 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #131
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 stlcardinals19 said:
Edit- Let me rephrase what I was trying to get at

IMO, bills don't need a reason to be constitutional, they need a reason to be unconstitutional.

Agree or disagree?
When Congress is putting together a bill, the first thing that should be taken into consideration is whether or not the Constitution even permits it. Then they can carry on with their political bulls**t. I saw an interview with Judge Napolitano and he said a member of Congress told him they don't even pay attention to the Constitution because that is solely left up to the Supreme Court. I think that's just ridiculous. If you're a government official, you take an oath to uphold the Constitution, not kick the can down the road. Congress and the Supreme Court should be working in unison.
 8 years ago '08        #132
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,063 | Props total: 4851 4851
 JBeezy said:
When Congress is putting together a bill, the first thing that should be taken into consideration is whether or not the Constitution even permits it. Then they can carry on with their political bulls**t. I saw an interview with Judge Napolitano and he said a member of Congress told him they don't even pay attention to the Constitution because that is solely left up to the Supreme Court. I think that's just ridiculous. If you're a government official, you take an oath to uphold the Constitution, not kick the can down the road. Congress and the Supreme Court should be working in unison.
IMO, in the cases of the interstate commerce clause, Congress should ONLY rely on the SCOTUS to state if the clause is truly that broad....B/C a senators interpretation is alot different than anothers, therefore you'd need the SCOTUS to truly say which is which.....again, IMO
 8 years ago '04        #133
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
 ike! said:
I just have to say that if you use Brock Lesnar to judge the entire Canadian health care system then you are sadly mistaken (and slightly retarded)
okay retard.. well let me put it a bit more plainly for you. I was using what he said as an example. Everyone knows that canada has horrible healthcare. People wait hours and don't get quality service and that will be a problem. once you're sitting at the emergency room and can't be seen because they aren't staffed well enough to handle all the people going, you will see exactly what i mean.
 8 years ago '05        #134
space
space
 Dainfamous730 said:
some takes effect as soon as Pres Obama signs
some takes effect in about 6 months
rest takes place from 2011 - 2018
 8 years ago '07        #135
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,345 | Props total: 389 389
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
okay retard.. well let me put it a bit more plainly for you. I was using what he said as an example. Everyone knows that canada has horrible healthcare. People wait hours and don't get quality service and that will be a problem. once you're sitting at the emergency room and can't be seen because they aren't staffed well enough to handle all the people going, you will see exactly what i mean.

you're the fukin retard. your not from canada and you don't know jack shyt. the quality here is fine. and if you're in an emergency you will get dealt with right away. canada has horrible healthcare lol, have you looked at yours?
 8 years ago '05        #136
space
space
 JBeezy said:
separation of powers much?
 8 years ago '04        #137
space
space
 young moolah said:
you're the fukin retard. your not from canada and you don't know jack shyt. the quality here is fine. and if you're in an emergency you will get dealt with right away. canada has horrible healthcare lol, have you looked at yours?
yes and soon our healthcare will be close in comparison. 50% of doctor's are quitting once this bill is passed. Do you really think there will be no shortages when it comes to healthcare? yes it may stimulate more jobs technically. but a lot of people won't wanna work for capped pay. That's why canada's healthcare is terrible. If 20 people all go to the emergency room for something severe and they don't have 20 doctor's (which they probably won't) what do you think will happen. being a doctor isn't a degree that takes a couple years genius. if doctor's are already threatening to leave if this bill is passed it will lower the incentive for future people to want to become doctors not to mention that they have to go to school for 10-15 years before they can actually work in the field anyway.
 8 years ago '05        #138
space
space
 DaKidB.A.N.K.$ said:
yes and soon our healthcare will be close in comparison. 50% of doctor's are quitting once this bill is passed. Do you really think there will be no shortages when it comes to healthcare? yes it may stimulate more jobs technically. but a lot of people won't wanna work for capped pay. That's why canada's healthcare is terrible. If 20 people all go to the emergency room for something severe and they don't have 20 doctor's (which they probably won't) what do you think will happen. being a doctor isn't a degree that takes a couple years genius. if doctor's are already threatening to leave if this bill is passed it will lower the incentive for future people to want to become doctors not to mention that they have to go to school for 10-15 years before they can actually work in the field anyway.
underlining problem with your post.... DOCTORS AREN'T QUITTING!!!
 03-23-2010, 03:06 PM         #139
1angrypinoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Subtitle G: Miscellaneous Provisions
(Sec. 1555)Declares that no individual, company, business, nonprofit entity, or health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage shall be required to participate in any federal health insurance program created by or expanded under this Act. Prohibits any penalty from being imposed upon any such issuer for choosing not to participate in any such program.
The insurance companies don't have to participate in the bs, but Joe Citizen will be fined for non-compliance. Long Live Obama!

Last edited by 1angrypinoy; 03-23-2010 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: added link
 8 years ago '04        #140
space
space
 Adamsville said:
underlining problem with your post.... DOCTORS AREN'T QUITTING!!!

oh and let me rephrase myself. Doctor's are considering quitting if this bill passes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago