Mar 21 - House Passes Sweeping Health Care Reform

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #101
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
 JeeQ said:
You can always get your own Health Care on your own, just like you always could. If you already have health care, almost nothing changed for you. If you never had health care, you're going to be receiving it now.
well you'll be receiving it because you'll be forced to pay for it, but otherwise you're right
 8 years ago '05        #102
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
 WillScrillz5000 said:
well you'll be receiving it because you'll be forced to pay for it, but otherwise you're right

actually, depending on your income you will receive a certain amount of money to help you pay for it...

if you make under 50,000 a year you dont have to spend more than 10% on insurance
 8 years ago '04        #103
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
States launch lawsuits against healthcare plan

(Reuters) - Republican attorneys general in at least 12 states warned on Monday that lawsuits will be filed to stop the federal government's healthcare reform bill from encroaching on states' sovereignty.

The lawsuits were widely expected with announcements coming from the states' top legal officials less than 24 hours after the House of Representatives gave final approval to a sweeping overhaul of healthcare.

State officials are concerned the burden of providing healthcare will fall to them without enough federal support.

Eleven of the attorneys general plan to band together in a collective lawsuit on behalf of Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Washington.

"Congress' attempt to force Michigan families to buy health insurance -- or else -- raises serious constitutional concerns," said Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox. "We will f!ght to defend the individual rights and freedoms of Michigan citizens against this radical overreach by the federal government."

The state attorneys general say the reforms infringe on state powers under the Constitution's Bill of Rights.
continued:

8 years ago '05        #104
space
space
 Screwhead said:
continued:

they're not gonna win...

and when my Georgia AG fails Im going to sue the state for misuse of my state tax dollars...
 8 years ago '04        #105
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Adamsville said:
1. Wrong... private insurance is half of our healthcare GDP... so the private industry that contributes 1/12 of our economy is regulated more (it always has been) by the Federal Govt.

2. Wrong again... Article VI, Clause 2 clearly shows this bill is constitutional and Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 clearly gives Congress the right to "fine" people who dont have insurance.

3. The Healthcare industry was inefficent... this bill is not perfect. But to say this DOESNT make it better is a partisan joke.

that is all.
1. Every figure I've seen states that our total healthcare is 1/6 of the economy.

Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
Explain. Because I don't see it.
Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.
Still don't see it.....
 8 years ago '06        #106
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
 down2earth said:
to be quite honest, id rather have a doctor who became one because he wanted to help people than have sum book worm who became one for the money. the more people we have in the health care system that are passionate about what they do and not for the $$$, ultimately the better care we'll receive.
i feel u but look at the public school system...
 8 years ago '04        #107
space
space
 Adamsville said:
they're not gonna win...
We'll see what happens.

Adamsville said:
and when my Georgia AG fails Im going to sue the state for misuse of my state tax dollars...
Ok, buddy.

Last edited by Screwhead; 03-22-2010 at 03:28 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #108
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
drug companies wont make enough money to research new drugs. The current drugs we have now are gonna be the ones we have for a long time
 8 years ago '05        #109
space
space
 JBeezy said:
1. Every figure I've seen states that our total healthcare is 1/6 of the economy.

Explain. Because I don't see it.

Still don't see it.....

1. our entire healthcare system isnt effected by the bill just 1/2 of it

2. "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

Laws are supreme law of land unless they are unconstitutional... the fine is not unconstitutional because of the commerce clause.

"
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;"
 8 years ago '05        #110
space
space
 shadymilkman said:
drug companies wont make enough money to research new drugs. The current drugs we have now are gonna be the ones we have for a long time
Drug companies have enough money to buy you, me, revive Michael Jackson, and buy his a.ss too...
 8 years ago '05        #111
space
space
 Screwhead said:
We'll see what happens.

Ok, buddy.

real talk, when the court laughs at my Attorney General and tells him to get the f**k out Im gonna get rich... and if my suit fails at least I'll show them how it feels to have to deal with stupid a.ss cases...
 03-22-2010, 03:37 PM         #112
1angrypinoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Adamsville said:
1. Wrong... private insurance is half of our healthcare GDP... so the private industry that contributes 1/12 of our economy is regulated more (it always has been) by the Federal Govt.

2. Wrong again... Article VI, Clause 2 clearly shows this bill is constitutional and Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 clearly gives Congress the right to "fine" people who dont have insurance.

3. The Healthcare industry was inefficent... this bill is not perfect. But to say this DOESNT make it better is a partisan joke.

that is all.
Sowie, the founding fathers never mentioned anything about healthcare in the Constitution . Thanks for regurgitating sound bites from the partisan media.

54% disapprove of healthcare reform bill.
 8 years ago '05        #113
space
space
 1angrypinoy said:
Sowie, the founding fathers never mentioned anything about healthcare in the Constitution . Thanks for regurgitating sound bites from the partisan media.
wtf r u talking about?

the Constitution doesnt mention brush fires either does that mean that govt firef!ghters are unconstitutional?

go and read a book, jack.
 8 years ago '04        #114
space
space
 Adamsville said:
real talk, when the court laughs at my Attorney General and tells him to get the f**k out Im gonna get rich... and if my suit fails at least I'll show them how it feels to have to deal with stupid a.ss cases...
Sounds more like a personal enrichment plan (with state tax dollars), to me......

But whatever.
 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM         #115
1angrypinoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Adamsville said:
wtf r u talking about?

the Constitution doesnt mention brush fires either does that mean that govt firef!ghters are unconstitutional?

go and read a book, jack.
WTF are YOU talking about. You make it sound like this shiite is law which it isn't.

The healthcare reform bill is not part of the Constitution. It's a bill that got approved by the HOR. The Senate still has to vote on it and if they make any changes to the bill, which they likely will, it will have to pass through the HOR again.

, people who are angry about the provisions on the bill will be writing their state senators, as any conscientious citizen would.
 8 years ago '04        #116
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
"Drug companies have enough money to buy you, me, revive Michael Jackson, and buy his a.ss too..."

1 drug costs BILLIONS of dollars to make. Now that medicine is being forced to be cheaper there will be no incentive to continue researching drugs
 8 years ago '04        #117
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Adamsville said:
1. our entire healthcare system isnt effected by the bill just 1/2 of it

2. "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

Laws are supreme law of land unless they are unconstitutional... the fine is not unconstitutional because of the commerce clause.

"

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;"
None of that mentions anything regarding health care. I'm not denying that this bill may become the "law of the land".....I'm questioning its Constitutional backing...and I've yet to see any. Just because something is voted on, passed and made into law doesn't mean it's Constitutional.

Last edited by JBeezy; 03-22-2010 at 05:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #118
serty321 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,881 | Props total: 10 10
 JBeezy said:
None of that mentions anything regarding health care. I'm not denying that this bill is the "law of the land".....I'm questioning its Constitutional backing...and I've yet to see any. Just because something is voted on, passed and made into law doesn't mean it's Constitutional.

Watch this. It directly speaks to the constitutionality of the legislation.
 8 years ago '07        #119
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,825 | Props total: 2097 2097
Man, more taxes. That sux for me and I aint even gonna use the healthcare. How about if I want healthcare, I buy it. If i feel like I'm young and probably won't use healthcare at all for like 25 yrs., then I can spend my money on other things like stimulating the economy a lil. This don't sound good to me, too much govt telling me how to spend my money.
 8 years ago '04        #120
serty321 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,881 | Props total: 10 10
 AK1 said:
I heard with this bill passed, healthcare will be s**ttier. As in if you need six stitches for a cut, the doc will give you four. (Just an example)

Anybody know if this is true?
Thats not true.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago