Mar 21 - House Passes Sweeping Health Care Reform

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
Dainfamous730 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$848 | Props total: 2599 2599
So what does this mean??? Do the un-employed get healthcare too??
 8 years ago '05        #42
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
Man for all y'all saying Obama did it good job what ever him and democrats just f**ked all of us. Who has to pay for this. u and me, and i feel sorry for them people making over 250,000 they really gonna feel this. Also them tea party people most of them are the people who make over 250,000 and that's why they protest cuz they know they are gonna have to pay for it. our country has bigger problems such as the trade imbalance with china, out defice we need jobs, and people are worried about this knowing dam well if you make under 2000 a month you can get medicaid, Man Obama is no better then Bush, i Guss I'll have to wait to 2012 for real change. Also hope y'all happy with this bill, this will problany be the last bill Obama get Thur congress this year, because all them Dem's that voted for this just voted themselves out of office.
 8 years ago '04        #43
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
i feel sick
 8 years ago '05        #44
space
space
space
 Dainfamous730 said:
So what does this mean??? Do the un-employed get healthcare too??

Yeah u lazy Mf get it lol.
 8 years ago '04        #45
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
I like how some people are acting like when OJ simpson was found not guilty and s**t.

WE DID IT WE DID IT!!!!!!! PRAISE OBAMA

What the f**k did we do ?? we didn't do s**t we just f**ked ourselves
 8 years ago '07        #46
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 shadymilkman said:
im in pharmacy school and everyone is pissed because we will make way less money now. When its all said and done I will have wasted 7 years of my life for a job that still won't make me enough money to be happy. Everyone taxes are going to sky rocket and the best doctors are getting the hell out of the practice. Basically americans will have even less money to spend and that goes for everyone
f**k out of here. Would rather have somebody working in that field because the passion they have for it. but on this health care issue I will have do some reading on it.
 8 years ago '05        #47
Dainfamous730 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$848 | Props total: 2599 2599
 bobbysteels18 said:
Yeah u lazy Mf get it lol.
It's just a question Mr. Smartass
 03-21-2010, 11:49 PM         #48
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 8 years ago '05        #49
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
Small Business Tax Credits: Beginning in calendar year 2010, the bill offers tax credits to help more small business provide their employees with health insurance. Business that begin offering employee health coverage will be eligible tax credits of up to 35 percent of their total employee premium payments. Starting in 2014, the small business tax credits will cover 50 percent of premiums.

Closing the Medicare Part D "Donut Hole": Effective this year, Medicare beneficiaries who fall into the costly Part D prescription drug donut hole will get a $250 rebate. Starting in 2011, the bill institutes a 50-percent discount on brand-name drugs needed by seniors already in the donut hole, and by 2020 completely eliminates the hated donut hole.

Free Preventative Care Under Medicare: Starting January 1, 2011, co-payments for Medicare-covered preventative services will be eliminated. In addition, preventative services will be exempted from deductibles.

Help for Early Retirees: To survive the recession, many businesses have been offering their employees early retirement. To help them, the bill creates a temporary re-insurance program to to help businesses offset the costs related to health benefits for retirees age 55-64. The temporary re-insurance program will become effective 90 days after enactment of the bill and will last until the State Health Insurance Exchanges are available.

Insurance Rescissions Ended: Imagine paying your health insurance premiums for years, and the first time you get really sick, your insurance company drops your coverage. That's called "rescission" and 6 months after the health care reform bill is signed, insurance companies will be banned from doing it.

Immediate Help for the Uninsured: Until the Health Insurance Exchange is set up, the bill provides immediate access, through a temporary high-risk pool, to health insurance for Americans who have been denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition. This benefit takes effect 90 days after final enactment of the bill.

Coverage for Kids With Pre-existing Conditions: Beginning 6 months after final enactment, the bill bans insurance companies from denying coverage for children with pre-existing medical conditions.

Extended Coverage for Your Adult Kids: Six months after final enactment of the bill, young people will - until their 26th birthday -- be allowed to retain coverage under their parent's health care insurance, at the parents' option.

More Doctors and Nurses: Effective immediately, the bill authorizes money to fund programs intended to increase the number of doctors, nurses, and public health professionals.

More Community Health Centers: Beginning this year, the bill authorizes increased funding for Community Health Centers. It is estimated that the increased funding will allow the Health Centers to double the number of patients they can treat over the next 5 years.

No More Lifetime Coverage Limits: Beginning 6 months after final enactment, the bill bans insurance companies from imposing lifetime coverage limits.

More Bang for Your Insurance Buck: Starting on January 1, 2011, insurance companies serving individuals and small groups will be required to prove that they are spending 80 percent of their customers' premium payments on medical services, rather than on things like advertising and executive salaries. Insurers in the large group market will have to spend 85 percent on medical services. Companies that do not meet the standards will have to rebate their customers.
 8 years ago '04        #50
me707 
space
space
$901 | Props total: 1 1
 shadymilkman said:
im in pharmacy school and everyone is pissed because we will make way less money now. When its all said and done I will have wasted 7 years of my life for a job that still won't make me enough money to be happy. Everyone taxes are going to sky rocket and the best doctors are getting the hell out of the practice. Basically americans will have even less money to spend and that goes for everyone
I hope this is a joke. I am a newly grad pharmacist and if you went to pharmacy school just to reap the 6 fig benefit then I say shame on you. Remember your oath for God sakes. At any rate, many pharmacists and pharmacy students held the notion that the pharmacy jobs would decrease due to saturation caused by the amount of new pharmacy school opening. With this bill, I suspect that if you are married you will have to pay more taxes. However, with the bill it will increase patients that will lead to an increase in prescriptions written; which leads to more pharmacy jobs being created. This mean that you can take on over time need be and make enough money to live the happy life you wanted. But still @ you

Last edited by me707; 03-21-2010 at 11:53 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #51
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 servesurite said:
screwhead is mad @ u for telling the truth, and rest a.ssured wont reply to ur post
Well, he wasn't addressing me, as you know.

JeeQ said:
You can always get your own Health Care on your own, just like you always could. If you already have health care, almost nothing changed for you. If you never had health care, you're going to be receiving it now.
Think again:

03-21-2010, 11:51 PM         #52
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadymilkman said:
you need to drop out of school..or at least put your name out there so the public can know not to go to a person who chose a job that saves lives because of money
 8 years ago '05        #53
space
space
This bill is far from perfect but it is a good start to tackling our healthcare problems...
 8 years ago '05        #54
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #55
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Doctors leaving the practice nationally, and accompanying shortages (like in many areas of Canada) coming soon.....maybe there'll be healthcare lotteries to hold over those affected, like in Vancouver.

45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul
 8 years ago '05        #56
space
space
 bobbysteels18 said:

Im so tired of seeing you post this bulls**t
 8 years ago '04        #57
Top Ramen 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 2 2
OBAMA = One Big a.ss Mistake America
 8 years ago '05        #58
space
space
 Screwhead said:
Doctors leaving the practice nationally, and accompanying shortages (like in many areas of Canada) coming soon.....maybe there'll be healthcare lotteries to hold over those affected, like in Vancouver.

sorry buddy that is BS

The Medicus Firm, a medical recruitment firm, conducted the survey

NEJM Spokeswoman confirmed survey has nothing to do with NEJM's "original research" and "was not published" by Journal. Media Matters for America contacted NEJM and received confirmation from spokeswoman Jennifer Zeis that the study had "nothing to do with the New England Journal of Medicine's original research." Zeis also made clear that the study "was not published by the New England Journal of Medicine." In fact, the Medicus Firm conducted the survey in December 2009. Medicus, a Dallas- and Atlanta-based firm that recruits and places physicians in jobs was responsible for conducting the survey. It issued a press release about the results on December 17, 2009. The report then appeared in Recruiting Physicians Today, an employment newsletter produced by the Massachusetts Medical Society, "the publishers of the New England Journal of Medicine."

The Medicus Firm - a medical recruiting firm -- conducted the survey in December 2009. The Medicus Firm, a Dallas- and Atlanta-based firm that recruits and places physicians in jobs, was responsible for conducting the survey. It issued a press release about the results on December 17, 2009. A report written by the Medicus Firm subsequently appeared in Recruiting Physicians Today, an employment newsletter produced by Massachusetts Medical Society, "the publishers of the New England Journal of Medicine." The report also appeared on the NEJM "CareerCenter" website, but was taken down on March 17.

Methodology consisted of emailing doctors in the Medicus Firm's database. The NEJM CareerCenter article indicated that "[t]he survey sample was randomly selected from a physician database of thousands. The database has been built over the past eight years by The Medicus Firm (formerly Medicus Partners and The MD Firm) from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, public directories, purchased lists, practice inquiries, training programs, and direct mail responses. The survey was conducted via emails sent directly to physicians."

Survey write-up was essentially a promotional document for the firm. After discussing the results of its survey, Medicus touted the importance of physician recruitment firms "[a]fter health reform is passed and implemented":

"What does this mean for physician recruiting? It's difficult to predict with absolute certainty, but one consequence is inevitable. After health reform is passed and implemented, physicians will be more in demand than ever before. Shortages could be exacerbated further beyond the predictions of industry analysts. Therefore, the strongest physician recruiters and firms will be in demand. Additionally, hospitals and practices may be forced to rely on unprecedented recruitment methods to attract and retain physicians. "Health reform, even if it's passed in a most diluted form, could be a game-changer for physician recruitment," said Bob Collins, managing partner of The Medicus Firm in Texas. "As competitive as the market is now, we may not even be able to comprehend how challenging it will become after health reform takes effect."
 8 years ago '04        #59
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
 down2earth said:
to be quite honest, id rather have a doctor who became one because he wanted to help people than have sum book worm who became one for the money. the more people we have in the health care system that are passionate about what they do and not for the $$$, ultimately the better care we'll receive.
Yeah if you think about people who go to school to be doctors pay hundreds of thousands dollars and accumulate all that student debt to not make any money now. Being a doctor isn't an easy 80,000 and then pay it off like a bachelor degree. they get paid good money cause they devote 10 years or sometimes more to be interns and pay for school while making no money. gtfoh. I would be pissed too.
 03-22-2010, 12:02 AM         #60
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people's negative reactions are priceless
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago