Mar 21 - House Passes Sweeping Health Care Reform

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
27 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #301
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,136 | Props total: 9437 9437
so basically Obama hired her to "sell" his dumb a.ss ideas because the American public is catching on to that slick rhetoric. Hopefully people will wake the f**k up.
 8 years ago '05        #302
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
Report: Health overhaul will increase nation's tab

8 years ago '04        #303
space
space
The sad thing is that some people want change so bad, they'll buy into anything that sounds good.

Obviously healthcare needed to be fixed. So they stay at that level and refuse to actually work at it and question what option our gov't provides us. They just go with it. IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. EVEN IF IT'S FOR THE WORSE. apparently.

how people still insist that this is a positive thing is beyond me.
 8 years ago '04        #304
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Remember the secret $90 Billion deal w/ the drug companies?

I'm sure Obama fans don't:

Issa aims to unmask health care deals

A top House Republican is investigating the legislative deals the White House and Democratic leadership cut with special interest groups while crafting the new health care reform law. And California Rep. Darrell Issa is not happy with the American Medical a.ssociation’s terse response to his questions.

Issa, the ranking Republican on the House Oversight Committee, sent letters to five special interest groups, most of which supported reform and cut deals with the Democrats.

“Contrary to the president’s oft-stated goal of transparency, the rank-and-file members of the Democratic Caucus and the entire Republican Conference have not had the opportunity to participate in the negotiations between the Democratic leadership, the White House and health care stakeholders. This is troubling to members of Congress who value transparency in government,” Issa wrote to the AMA, AFSCME, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the American Hospital a.ssociation and PhRMA.

Issa asked the groups to detail the health care meetings they had with White House and Democratic congressional leadership officials, what benefits they won from the negotiations and what they were required to provide in return.

PhRMA, the drug industry’s powerful Washington lobbying group, cut a $90 billion deal with the White House and Senate Democrats. The AHA and the hospital industry cut a $155 billion deal with Democrats to help pay for reform. The union AFSCME successfully lobbied the White House to soften the tax on high-end insurance plans. The Chamber had multiple meetings with White House and congressional staffers, but ultimately opposed the legislation.

The AMA, one of the nation’s most prominent doctors’ groups, was a big supporter of reform even though its No. 1 priority — a permanent solution to looming annual cuts to doctors’ Medicare reimbursements — was eventually stripped from the legislation. The so-called doc fix was stripped from the bill because of its expense, but Democrats have repeatedly promised to address the problem this year.
continued:

Last edited by Screwhead; 04-23-2010 at 12:24 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #305
space
space
Bailouts galore, once the financial "reform" bill passes.....

PhRMA ad thanks Dems

Drug-industry-backed Americans for stable Quality Care is up with a new ad, thanking Democrats who voted for health care reform. The 30-second spot echoes the White House strategy to sell the legislation, emphasizing the expansion of coverage and providing cover on the questions — key to independent voters — of how the law will impact middle-class pocketbooks and the deficit.

Last edited by Screwhead; 04-23-2010 at 12:30 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #306
space
space
Now we're talking.....

Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson Support for ObamaCare to Be Challenged by Stockholders at Company Shareholder Meetings Thursday

For Release: April 22, 2010
Contact: David Almasi at (202) 543-4110 x11 or (703) 568-4727 or , or Judy Kent at (703) 759-7476 or

Policy experts from the National Center for Public Policy Research are attending the annual shareholder meetings of Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer Thursday to question their CEOs about their active support of President Obama's progressive agenda.

"The pharmaceutical industry was a key driving force that helped push ObamaCare over the legislative line. Pfizer CEO Jeff Kindler played a crucial role in generating public and political support for ObamaCare," said Tom Borelli, Ph.D, director of the National Center's Free Enterprise Project.

"By working with President Obama, the Democratic majority in Congress, and left-wing advocacy groups, corporations such as Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer are undermining the liberty of all Americans," added Borelli.

Kindler pushed for a $150 million industry ad campaign to promote ObamaCare with liberal activist groups and co-authored a commentary with Andy Stern, head of the Service Employees International Union, on the left-wing blog The Huffington Post.

"Since most Americans opposed ObamaCare, by supporting ObamaCare aggressively, Kindler risked the reputation of the company," said Justin Danhof, director of legal programs for the National Center. “Furthermore, as our British friends know, government control over health care budgets inevitably leads to limits on the purchase of prescription drugs. Pfizer’s support for ObamaCare is not just bad for the company, but potentially could, over time, prove fatal to some Americans.”

Johnson & Johnson is also promoting Obama's liberal policy agenda. In addition to being a member of the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), which aggressively supported ObamaCare, Johnson & Johnson is also lobbying for Obama's cap-and-trade energy policy as a member of the United States Climate Action Partnership, a lobbying coalition comprised of corporations and environmental special interest groups.

"Shareholders must be concerned about a potential consumer backlash against Johnson & Johnson because of the company's support of Obama's progressive agenda. ObamaCare was opposed by a majority of Americans and the cost of cap-and-trade will lead to higher energy prices and higher unemployment. Johnson & Johnson CEO William C. Weldon should be wary that the political activism exhibited by the Tea Party movement could be unleashed against the company's products," said Deneen Borelli, full-time fellow with the National Center's Project 21 black leadership program.

Danhof is representing National Center for Public Policy Research, which owns Pfizer stock, at the Pfizer annual meeting in Cleveland, Ohio. Deneen and Tom Borelli will be representing the National Center for Public Policy Research, which owns Johnson & Johnson stock, at its annual meeting in New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Last edited by Screwhead; 04-23-2010 at 01:00 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #307
space
space
at "Not the bill we wanted."

Bulls**t.

Pfizer CEO Defends Support Of US Health Overhaul

Pfizer Inc.'s (PFE) chief defended the drug maker's support of the recently enacted U.S. health-care overhaul legislation, though he said it wasn't perfect and wasn't "the bill we would have written."

At Pfizer's annual shareholder meeting in Cleveland Thursday, Chief Executive Jeffrey Kindler said "by and large, although it's not perfect, the bill that emerged was reasonably consistent with the principles we advocated."

Pfizer, as the biggest member of industry trade group PhRMA, was a driving force behind the group's support of President Barack Obama's health-overhaul plan, which aims to expand health-insurance coverage, improve insurance-industry practices and control health-care costs.

The drug industry last year pledged to help fund the overhaul. The final legislation requires drug makers to pay higher rebates to the government Medicaid program for the poor, provide discounts to seniors under the Medicare drug benefit, and pay higher taxes. A Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) executive this week estimated it would cost the industry at least $100 billion over 10 years.

Kindler said it was in Pfizer's long-term interest to support an overhaul because the country's health system was "in many ways broken and not sustainable." He said the company chose to engage in the overhaul effort because it wanted to ensure that the legislation preserves the doctor-patient relationship, and that it preserves incentives for drug makers to invest in future cures and treatments.

"Although the bill that was ultimately passed has elements of it that clearly impose costs on the industry, broadly speaking, I'd say that on balance it preserves that basic structure," Kindler said.
continued:

Last edited by Screwhead; 04-23-2010 at 01:00 PM..
 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM         #308
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
so basically Obama hired her to "sell" his dumb a.ss ideas because the American public is catching on to that slick rhetoric. Hopefully people will wake the f**k up.
OMG I just cant take you two anymore. I sat through, during the election, your half baked rants about how bad obama is and what not. Spreading the same lies that Rupert pushes. No the bill is not perfect or even good for every citizen but there has never been a bill that has satisfied everyone. The reason the bill had to be "sold" is cause the repub side either distorts the truth or just tells flat out lies.

I respect your position but why do you think your going to change folks minds? I actually can respect opposing positions on issues but when you start disrespecting my position or the otherside you lose all cred.

All most Dems ask is for a fair and civil debate and MOST of the time we will win because our ideas are for the greater good of ALL americans not just the ones that "have"
things.

This country was built to give ALL persons freedom of religion and freedom from a dictoral govt.

We are not headed in the wrong direction we are going down the right path. We may step off the path or twist an ankle but we ARE headed in the right direction!

Last edited by diggie; 04-23-2010 at 01:21 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #309
space
space
 diggie said:
OMG I just cant take you two anymore. I sat through, during the election, your half baked rants about how bad obama is and what not. Spreading the same lies that Rupert pushes. No the bill is not perfect or even good for every citizen but there has never been a bill that has satisfied everyone. The reason the bill had to be "sold" is cause the repub side either distorts the truth or just tells flat out lies.

I respect your position but why do you think your going to change folks minds? I actually can respect opposing positions on issues but when you start disrespecting my position or the otherside you lose all cred.

All most Dems ask is for a fair and civil debate and MOST of the time we will win because our ideas are for the greater good of ALL americans not just the ones that "have"
things.

This country was built to give ALL persons freedom of religion and freedom from a dictoral govt.

We are not headed in the wrong direction we are going down the right path. We may step off the path or twist an ankle but we ARE headed in the right direction!
I hear where you're coming from. But don't get me twisted. I'm not disrespecting YOUR position. I am disrespecting the decisions our gov't makes and the special agendas behind them. You and every other person has the right to their own opinion or stance. I'm not commenting on that. It's good there are different views or else life would be boring.

So don't take what I say as a personal attack against you, because that's not my intent.

And it's not repub / dem. It's gov't as a whole. Individuals have good "ideals" but when put into practice, the same result doesn't happen. That's where I come in. I agree healthcare needed to be fixed. This bill is not fixing healthcare. This bill is a bad idea. I think there are a number of other ways we can accomplish the idealistic goals they used to sell this bill w/o all the bulls**t.

The gov't is not looking out for you man. You need to get the mentality our of your head that Obama, Biden, Bush, Clinton, McCain, all of them don't give two s**ts about the American public. That's why they call it "politics".

I rant and rave because there's no way I'm personally going to change the gov't. But through discussion, hopefully other people will investigate themselves and through a widespread consciousness, we will eventually get stuff moving. Obama catches heat cuz he's the prez, but our house of representatives, senate, etc are part of the main problem. The federal reserve is part of the problem and every bill passed is used to benefit the problem, not the people. Do you truly believe that the GOP purposely distorts this bill and lies about this bill while the dems are telling the honest to God truth? I mean c'mon. Have you not read any of the other articles Screw and others have posted on here?

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 04-23-2010 at 01:33 PM..
 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM         #310
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I hear where you're coming from. But don't get me twisted. I'm not disrespecting YOUR position. I am disrespecting the decisions our gov't makes and the special agendas behind them. You and every other person has the right to their own opinion or stance. I'm not commenting on that. It's good there are different views or else life would be boring.

So don't take what I say as a personal attack against you, because that's not my intent.

And it's not repub / dem. It's gov't as a whole. Individuals have good "ideals" but when put into practice, the same result doesn't happen. That's where I come in. I agree healthcare needed to be fixed. This bill is not fixing healthcare. This bill is a bad idea. I think there are a number of other ways we can accomplish the idealistic goals they used to sell this bill w/o all the bulls**t.

The gov't is not looking out for you man. You need to get the mentality our of your head that Obama, Biden, Bush, Clinton, McCain, all of them don't give two s**ts about the American public. That's why they call it "politics".

I rant and rave because there's no way I'm personally going to change the gov't. But through discussion, hopefully other people will investigate themselves and through a widespread consciousness, we will eventually get stuff moving. Obama catches heat cuz he's the prez, but our house of representatives, senate, etc are part of the main problem. The federal reserve is part of the problem and every bill passed is used to benefit the problem, not the people. Do you truly believe that the GOP purposely distorts this bill and lies about this bill while the dems are telling the honest to God truth? I mean c'mon. Have you not read any of the other articles Screw and others have posted on here?

I actually have read most of what you two post. And again a lot of it simply spreads misinformation.

The funny thing is I actually agree with damn near everything you wrote!

I also agree the are other ways to help fix our HC issue. I mean really to me HC should not be a for profit industry anyway. Human greed will always over shadow their morals in most people. There are some very good ideas in the current bill and some ideas that are very bad. I try to be realistic in that I do not expect much at all from my govt and I know I will have to eat the bad with the good.

Anyway trust me I dont take whats posted on here personally...its just frustrating at times!

Good typin with ya!
 8 years ago '04        #311
space
space
 diggie said:
I actually have read most of what you two post. And again a lot of it simply spreads misinformation.

The funny thing is I actually agree with damn near everything you wrote!

I also agree the are other ways to help fix our HC issue. I mean really to me HC should not be a for profit industry anyway. Human greed will always over shadow their morals in most people. There are some very good ideas in the current bill and some ideas that are very bad. I try to be realistic in that I do not expect much at all from my govt and I know I will have to eat the bad with the good.

Anyway trust me I dont take whats posted on here personally...its just frustrating at times!

Good typin with ya!
Straight up. You're one of the few that can actually have a intellectual debate. I guess I'm just a synic when it comes to the gov't.

My biggest thing, is that this bill is the very first tax on Americans simply for living. They have to pay just to live or else they get fined.

I read an article somewhere a while ago that said 1/3 of the entire cost of healthcare for this country is because of fraud. If we could cut down on that fraud, that in itself would pay for a complete overhaul of HC. The reason it was such a process to get it passed was because they had to make sure everyone gets paid.
 8 years ago '04        #312
space
space
Johnson & Johnson CEO William C. Weldon Defends Pro-ObamaCare and "Cap-and-Trade" Lobbying; Pledges to Disclose Amount of Company Funds Given to PhRMA to Lobby for ObamaCare

Pfizer CEO Says Sums Given to PhRMA for ObamaCare Lobbying "Not Available" to Him; Volunteers that ObamaCare is "Reasonably Consistent" with Principles Pfizer Advocated

Washington, DC - Johnson & Johnson Chairman and CEO William C. Weldon agreed Thursday to disclose the exact amount his company gave to the drug lobby group PhRMA to promote ObamaCare, while Pfizer CEO Jeff Kindler said ObamaCare legislation adopted by Congress is "reasonably consistent with the principles we advocated" in the health care debate.

These responses and others came in response to questions from Dr. Tom Borelli, Deneen Borelli and Justin Danhof of the National Center for Public Policy Research, who inquired about the companies' justification for supporting the unpopular legislation through the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) lobby group at the companies' annual stockholder meetings. Johnson & Johnson was also asked about its support for controversial cap-and-trade legislation through its membership in the U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP) lobby.

The National Center for Public Policy Research owns Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer stock.

"The drug industry was largely responsible for passage of ObamaCare. Shareholders and consumers of Johnson & Johnson products have a right to know how much of their money was contributed to the $150 million ad campaign that its trade group used to advertise Obama's plan," said Dr. Borelli, director of the National Center's Free Enterprise Project. "Johnson & Johnson consumers who oppose ObamaCare should take note on how their money was used against their values."

"In August 2009, the New York Times reported that PhRMA and the drug industry authorized its lobbyists to spend $150 million to advertise and promote ObamaCare. When I asked Pfizer Chairman and CEO Jeff Kindler how much of this was Pfizer money, Mr. Kindler ducked the question, but when I asked him if Pfizer would suffer a backlash from its support of the President health care bill, he volunteered that the health care legislation adopted is "not perfect, but, by and large, the bill that emerged was reasonably consistent with the principles we advocated."

In response to Dr. Borelli, Johnson & Johnson Chairman Weldon said, in part, "[w]e feel that there are things that would be very good for the people of America that are in ObamaCare..." Weldon also said extra dues were a.ssessed from Johnson & Johnson and other PhRMA members to promote ObamaCare, and that "somebody could get that" exact amount to Borelli.

Weldon also said, "I don't think there is any reputational damage" due to the company's lobbying for ObamaCare's passage.

Responding to another National Center for Public Policy Research question, from Deneen Borelli, full-time fellow of the National Center-sponsored Project 21 African-American leadership group, Weldon defended Johnson & Johnson's continued support of the lobbying efforts of the U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP) to enact "cap-and-trade" emissions regulations, which are expected to raise consumer prices and destroy jobs domestically.

Mrs. Borelli had pointed out to Weldon that "you have a roomful of wonderful senior citizens who are most likely on [a] fixed income" and that "consumers will most likely not be able to afford your premium products" as a result of cap-and-trade's effects on the economy. Weldon said Johnson & Johnson has saved money thanks to the company's conversion to "alternative sources" of energy and said the company philosophy is "the health of people is tied directly to the environment." He did not, however, address the company's membership in USCAP directly.

"It's clear Johnson & Johnson is acting like an agent for President Obama," said Mrs. Borelli. "In addition to playing a major role in passing ObamaCare, Johnson & Johnson is also effectively lobbying for the President's cap-and-trade energy policy through USCAP. The public should hold Johnson & Johnson CEO William C. Weldon responsible for his role in diminishing our liberties. Not only will the quality of our health care suffer, but -- should cap-and-trade pass -- we are going to bear the burden of higher energy prices and reduced disposable income."

Audio recordings of the exchanges are available on the SunnyDayAmerica YouTube Channel.

A transcript is available at .
 8 years ago '04        #313
space
space
^^^

This exact s**t is what runs our gov't. people refuse to acknowledge.
 05-16-2010, 09:27 PM         #314
1angrypinoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Obama's health care tab may top $1 trillion

Question: When is less than $1 trillion actually more than $1 trillion?

Answer: When the White House and Congress are estimating health care costs.

It's no surprise that the Congressional Budget Office now says the 10-year, $938 billion health care bill passed by Democrats and signed by President Obama likely will cost at least $115 billion more. Those are projected future costs that Congress will have to vote on.

Most of the additional spending would go to community health centers, Indian health care and other programs that require annual approval by Congress. The new law authorizes that spending, but it can't control what a future Congress will do.

About $10 billion to $20 billion of it would be needed by the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Health and Human Services to implement the law, CBO says. The law included only $1 billion for implementation.

Even though only about $50 billion of the $115 billion had not been identified by CBO already, Republicans jumped on Tuesday's report as evidence that the health bill's real cost had been hidden.

"These revelations widen the serious credibility gap President Obama is facing," House Minority Leader John Boehner said.

"The lesson learned here is don't trust what Washington's saying on ObamaCare," added Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

No subterfuge, the White House responded. The $115 billion can't be included in the true cost of the bill until it's voted on -- at which point it will be paid for, preserving the estimated $143 billion in 10-year savings.
Long live Obama!
 05-17-2010, 12:45 AM         #315
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh no god forbid we spend money on health care...

We should just continue what we are doing now, be forced to pay for people to go to the ER whenever they get hurt.

I went to the ER and paid 100$ of the 5000$ medical bill I ran up the time I was there. Either way tax payers are going to pay for people without insurance but since Obama put it in writing on front street your against it?
 8 years ago '04        #316
space
space
No, You Can't Keep Your Health Plan

Insurers and doctors are already consolidating their businesses in the wake of ObamaCare's passage.

President Obama guaranteed Americans that after health reform became law they could keep their insurance plans and their doctors. It's clear that this promise cannot be kept. Insurers and physicians are already reshaping their businesses as a result of Mr. Obama's plan.

The health-reform law caps how much insurers can spend on expenses and take for profits. Starting next year, health plans will have a regulated "floor" on their medical-loss ratios, which is the amount of revenue they spend on medical claims. Insurers can only spend 20% of their premiums on running their plans if they offer policies directly to consumers or to small employers. The spending cap is 15% for policies sold to large employers.

This regulation is going to have its biggest impact on insurance sold directly to consumers—what's referred to as the "individual market." These policies cost more to market. They also have higher medical costs, owing partly to selection by less healthy consumers.

Finally, individual policies have high start-up costs. If insurers cannot spend more of their revenue getting plans on track, fewer new policies will be offered.

This will hit Wellpoint, one of the biggest players in the individual market, particularly hard. The insurance company already has a strained relationship with the White House: Earlier this month Mr. Obama accused Wellpoint of systemically denying coverage to brea$t cancer patients, though the facts don't bear that out.

Restrictions on how insurers can spend money are compounded by simultaneous constraints on how they can manage their costs. Beginning in 2014, a new federal agency will standardize insurance benefits, placing minimum actuarial values on medical policies. There are also mandates forcing insurers to cover a lot of expensive primary-care services in full. At the same time, insurers are being blocked from raising premiums—for now by political jawboning, but the threat of legislative restrictions looms.

One of the few remaining ways to manage expenses is to reduce the actual cost of the products. In health care, this means pushing providers to accept lower fees and reduce their use of costly services like radiology or other diagnostic testing.

To implement this strategy, companies need to be able to exert more control over doctors. So insurers are trying to buy up medical clinics and doctor practices. Where they can't own providers outright, they'll maintain smaller "networks" of physicians that they will contract with so they can manage doctors more closely. That means even fewer choices for beneficiaries. Insurers hope that owning providers will enable health policies to offset the cost of the new regulations.

Doctors, meanwhile, are selling their practices to local hospitals. In 2005, doctors owned more than two-thirds of all medical practices. By next year, more than 60% of physicians will be salaried employees. About a third of those will be working for hospitals, according to the American Medical a.ssociation. A review of the open job searches held by one of the country's largest physician-recruiting firms shows that nearly 50% are for jobs in hospitals, up from about 25% five years ago.

Last month, a hospital I'm affiliated with outside of Manhattan sent a note to its physicians announcing a new subsidiary it's forming to buy up local medical practices. Nearby physicians are lining up to sell—and not just primary-care doctors, but highly paid specialists like orthopedic surgeons and neurologists. Similar developments are unfolding nationwide.

Consolidated practices and salaried doctors will leave fewer options for patients and longer waiting times for routine appointments. Like the insurers, physicians are responding to the economic burdens of the president's plan in one of the few ways they're permitted to.

For physicians, the strains include higher operating costs. The Obama health plan puts expensive new mandates on doctors, such as a requirement to purchase IT systems and keep more records. Overhead costs already consume more than 60% of the revenue generated by an average medical practice, according to a 2007 survey by the Medical Group Management a.ssociation. At the same time, reimbursement under Medicare is falling. Some specialists, such as radiologists and cardiologists, will see their Medicare payments fall by more than 10% next year. Then there's the fact that medical malpractice premiums have risen by 10%-20% annually for specialists like surgeons, particularly in states that haven't passed liability reform.

The bottom line: Defensive business arrangements designed to blunt ObamaCare's economic impacts will mean less patient choice.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy