most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
72 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 Chief Dee said:
This season finale episode was ill. However, its very obvious that this episode was originally written to be the ending of the show. Treme was picked up for a Season 2, but Im pretty sure that this episode and all the previous ones we saw had already been written before HBO extended Treme for another season. The way it had the flashback at the end was nice, it really made it feel like it was the complete end of Treme.
Yeah I see what you are saying it did have that feel to it but there are still some open storylines. Davis and Annie and his main girl, Sonny looking like he is about to flip out, and the lawyer and what she will do now that Creighton is gone. Great finale.

Last edited by bootsy; 06-21-2010 at 12:00 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #102
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
"Sound like every motherf**ker in there spending" :applause:
 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM         #103
gburgh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimgangsta18 said:
"Sound like every motherf**ker in there spending" :applause:
thought she said spinning. either way episode was great, music was great. don't think it was meant as a series finale like someone said, the wire always wrapped up theirs seasons similarly. just showed how things have changed since katrina. i hope sonny isnt back next year but i'm good with more annie.
 7 years ago '04        #104
space
space
 gburgh said:
thought she said spinning. either way episode was great, music was great. don't think it was meant as a series finale like someone said, the wire always wrapped up theirs seasons similarly. just showed how things have changed since katrina. i hope sonny isnt back next year but i'm good with more annie.
It's our accent, it sound like we say spinning but we're saying "spending" just without the "d".

similar to St. louis accent when they say hurr & thurr but really saying here & there.
 7 years ago '05        #105
bootsy 
space
space
space
 slimgangsta18 said:
It's our accent, it sound like we say spinning but we're saying "spending" just without the "d".

similar to St. louis accent when they say hurr & thurr but really saying here & there.
I am pretty sure she said spinning and not spending. Like spinning in their graves. I have never heard the term spending in their graves. That makes no sense.
 7 years ago '09        #106
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249 OP
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
Finale was good. That's messed up what happened to John Goodman's character. I wish he didn't go out like that.I liked the flashbacks. I wonder what's going to happen with Steve Zahn's character and ol girl. I'm glad that she finally left her boyfriend alone.
 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM         #107
indianshaft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what was up with bunk and that dude seemed like they were arguing.
 7 years ago '08        #108
youngfreshgc 
space
space
$981 | Props total: 459 459
 indianshaft said:
what was up with bunk and that dude seemed like they were arguing.
nah that was just the taxi dude he be gettin over on taxi dude was probably f**kin wit him askin him for that lil change he owe him. not sure if its the same scene u talkin bout
 7 years ago '09        #109
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
yeah she definitely said spinning, not spending.
 7 years ago '04        #110
space
space
 Ricky Towel said:
yeah she definitely said spinning, not spending.
My bad BX. I take my L
 7 years ago '04        #111
GZ2525 
space
space
$751 | Props total: 5 5
What's up everyone. I usually only write about sports, but I was asked to write something on Treme since I loved the season for a fellow network's web site. It's actually all based on on Treme. Check it out here:

Anyways, here is what I wrote and think where the series is going.

Treme: From End to Beginning

Ladonna finally gets to bury Daymo. Creighton leaves a note to Toni to tell her he loves her after he disappears. Annie meets up with Davis. Janette moves back with her parents. The Indians finished their costumes and got to dance in the streets. Antoine finally finds a bit of luck with some music gigs.

That's how Treme ended. To me that's how Treme begins.

After experiencing New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina I had a variance of thoughts throughout the first season of Treme. The storylines of all the characters showed how each separately had their own issues to deal with after the storm, but somehow the entire city can come together to try and rebuild from the destruction by resurrecting their traditions and culture that some thought got flooded away.

I found myself not too attached to any single character. I don't know if this was the plan so that I would focus more on the entire community, but I felt something was lacking the entire season to really make me anticipate what would happen until season 2.

That is until the final episode when we saw a flashback of what's to come.

Most people probably took that rewind as at tie up for the end of the season and a way to show what happened to everyone right before the storm occurred . I saw something different.

I saw the future of Treme by seeing the past. It was that moment when I realized that we just witnessed the last episode of the entire series.

I truly believe and hope that Treme has been setup to show us New Orleans in totally different way then we expected.

We just experienced the first season of the show by seeing the community after the storm and learning about how each of these characters coped after the flood. The following season we will start to learn their life before the storm.

If you look at the season there are so many story lines that we just don't understand fully because we didn't know the backbone to the plots. What was the relationship between Antoine and Ladonna really like? How did Annie and Sonny start their life and musical careers together? What was the restaurant of Janette and Jacques like before the flood? The stories of the Indians and how that tradition was formed? How did Davis turn out like he did after living with such affluent parents? When and where did Creighton and Toni meet?

All these plots weren't left untold, these plots were never told.

If you look at the end of the season there aren't many questions that we are left with. Yes, we'd like to know what really happened to Creighton or like to find out what happens to Janette from moving or Annie and Davis, but other than that there aren't any cliffhangers that we are supposed to be eagerly waiting for eight months for.

I think by moving backwards the show can continue to teach us all about the music, culture, and traditions of New Orleans, while also allowing us to further learn about all these characters that we have grown to love in their own separate way.

Not knowing if my outlook is correct, I can only hope that it plays out this way to give us a truly unique viewing like we've never seen before.

I don't want to see a Lost type current day situation that keeps jumping back, but instead by continuing to move backwards the show will move forward with all the underlying plots that Treme is really trying to teach us.
 7 years ago '09        #112
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 GZ2525 said:
What's up everyone. I usually only write about sports, but I was asked to write something on Treme since I loved the season for a fellow network's web site. It's actually all based on on Treme. Check it out here:

Anyways, here is what I wrote and think where the series is going.

Treme: From End to Beginning

Ladonna finally gets to bury Daymo. Creighton leaves a note to Toni to tell her he loves her after he disappears. Annie meets up with Davis. Janette moves back with her parents. The Indians finished their costumes and got to dance in the streets. Antoine finally finds a bit of luck with some music gigs.

That's how Treme ended. To me that's how Treme begins.

After experiencing New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina I had a variance of thoughts throughout the first season of Treme. The storylines of all the characters showed how each separately had their own issues to deal with after the storm, but somehow the entire city can come together to try and rebuild from the destruction by resurrecting their traditions and culture that some thought got flooded away.

I found myself not too attached to any single character. I don't know if this was the plan so that I would focus more on the entire community, but I felt something was lacking the entire season to really make me anticipate what would happen until season 2.

That is until the final episode when we saw a flashback of what's to come.

Most people probably took that rewind as at tie up for the end of the season and a way to show what happened to everyone right before the storm occurred . I saw something different.

I saw the future of Treme by seeing the past. It was that moment when I realized that we just witnessed the last episode of the entire series.

I truly believe and hope that Treme has been setup to show us New Orleans in totally different way then we expected.

We just experienced the first season of the show by seeing the community after the storm and learning about how each of these characters coped after the flood. The following season we will start to learn their life before the storm.

If you look at the season there are so many story lines that we just don't understand fully because we didn't know the backbone to the plots. What was the relationship between Antoine and Ladonna really like? How did Annie and Sonny start their life and musical careers together? What was the restaurant of Janette and Jacques like before the flood? The stories of the Indians and how that tradition was formed? How did Davis turn out like he did after living with such affluent parents? When and where did Creighton and Toni meet?

All these plots weren't left untold, these plots were never told.

If you look at the end of the season there aren't many questions that we are left with. Yes, we'd like to know what really happened to Creighton or like to find out what happens to Janette from moving or Annie and Davis, but other than that there aren't any cliffhangers that we are supposed to be eagerly waiting for eight months for.

I think by moving backwards the show can continue to teach us all about the music, culture, and traditions of New Orleans, while also allowing us to further learn about all these characters that we have grown to love in their own separate way.

Not knowing if my outlook is correct, I can only hope that it plays out this way to give us a truly unique viewing like we've never seen before.

I don't want to see a Lost type current day situation that keeps jumping back, but instead by continuing to move backwards the show will move forward with all the underlying plots that Treme is really trying to teach us.
that would be kinda cool, plus it would mean more goodman.
 7 years ago '04        #113
GZ2525 
space
space
$751 | Props total: 5 5
 Ricky Towel said:
that would be kinda cool, plus it would mean more goodman.
That was also part of my thinking. I didn't want to start going outside of the show's plot, but one big reason is I just don't see them k!lling him off.
 7 years ago '06        #114
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4832 4832
2 emmy nominations

this show is gonna be around for a while
 7 years ago '05        #115
bootsy 
space
space
space
 "SS" said:
2 emmy nominations

this show is gonna be around for a while
I was hoping for more but that is a good start. Maybe more next season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy