Deciphering Jay Electronica's "DMT" track.

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1
13604 pageviews
53 comments

NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
Deciphering Jay Electronica's "DMT" track.

According to Jay it was a track made to resemble a dream. All input is welcome.

This my main question: what is he ACTUALLY talking about?

My opinion, he's talking about the brainwashing that's going on. Sounds like I'm digging a little too deep but feel me on this, I believe its deeper than that especially after watching the vid. He's talking about racism, politics, Kennedy, and all sorts of conspiracies.

The following video is straight from Jay Electronica's youtube account.

[video - click to view]

[Produced by J Dilla]

By Jay Electronica

Pigs with the heads of men spat acid that lasered my third eye closed like Lasik. A midget in a casket like a baby in a bonnet with a bottle and a basset horn playing the theme song from ‘Children of the Corn’---oh, I must be dreaming! A lady in a nightgown puffin Kush , screaming, signaled me over, “psst, you, with the waves, I’ve seen you from the Catholic church steeple diggin graves. I got your number sonny, so ain’t no use in f!ghtin, yellin or runnin from me.”

“I never ran, m’am.”

“Well then you ain’t a clever man, Sam. Listen. The two faced king from Britain and Rome had a baby in the bush on the grassy knoll, where they peeled back the orange head-peel of a gnome [JFK a.ssination]... He said he emcee, I know you like k!llin ‘em. You terrorized the skies for twenty five millenniums, now you setting fire to land, you the lion, you the savior, the messiah, the lamb. You need back-up. He’s movin on the youth at dawn. Call Badu and get Tyrone on the megaphone, tell him I sent you and your code name is Megatron, if trouble comes use your brain like a telephone. He’ll take you to the Chocolate City [Washington D.C.], where Two Face and the Prince of Darkness head a committee of snakes. Drill ‘em, let the skin peel off to reveal ‘em, then spray ‘em with the rhymes you like spillin. Hit ‘em up real, real good, but don’t k!ll ‘em. We only wanna burn ‘em to the point that they willin to give the location of the Blank Face villain, who splits atoms and gives mushrooms to civilians[Atomic bomb]. Hiroshima never recovered. And all the evidence was smothered under a thick cloud of rubble. The Pope is his brother, the hillsides is his mother, the statue with the torch and steel eyes is his lover [Statue of Liberty]. She’s a harlot who stood still like time while New York turned scarlet and them levee monsters sucked up New Orleans, while they was playin man vs man in Afghanistan with they mind on Iran, Iraq and Sudan. Let him recruit you. He will try to use his powers to seduce you, you let him think that the feeling is mutual ‘cause if he finds out that you already knew that the atom had a positive, a negative and a neutral he’ll probably salute you, then wait ‘til you turn your back like a coward and shoot you.”

Okay, so basically, I take it that [in his dream] he's sending someone or someone is sending him in to infiltrate the government?

Last edited by NuffGanja; 03-21-2010 at 09:06 PM..

53 comments for "Deciphering Jay Electronica's "DMT" track."

8 years ago '07        #2
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117 OP
space
space
bump, lyrics added.
 8 years ago '04        #3
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,664 | Props total: 23122 23122
he already said in an interview it was a dream he had and he just wrote it out into a song in details which is why it jumps around so much
 8 years ago '07        #4
space
space
ok, i just had that interview up there but deleted it to shorten my post. we know that already.

I'm trying to decipher bit by bit, line by line, the code words or symbolisms he used.

this s**t is like some da vinci code s**t my n*ggas.
 8 years ago '07        #5
space
space
 j0hnj0hn41 said:
No, actually it isn't that deep.
Word?

"The dead'll probably target the jargon as gibberish" - Jay E

n*ggas talkin bout 3rd Eye being lasered closed, I believe he's alluding to the media.

Last edited by NuffGanja; 03-21-2010 at 06:47 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #6
space
space
 joeyb8420 said:
tracks wack to me i duno..the beats a.ss sounds like it was made on reason
lol its a sample... Giorgio Moroder - theme from midnight express

i believe its the same sample used in Outkast's - return of the gangsta

[video - click to view]

03-21-2010, 07:03 PM         #7
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe he's talking about an experience he had while taking dmt?
 8 years ago '07        #8
space
space
 lazerface said:
maybe he's talking about an experience he had while taking dmt?

I think he's using the dream backdrop as his canvas to subliminally paint a vivid picture of what's going on/has been going on in reality while at the same time telling a fictional story about infiltrating and essentially starting a revolution. I believe whole-heartedly that this was meant to be deciphered.

Last edited by NuffGanja; 03-21-2010 at 07:10 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #9
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
 NuffGanja said:

I think he's using the dream backdrop as his canvas to subliminally paint a vivid picture of what's going on/has been going on in reality while at the same time telling a fictional story about infiltrating and essentially starting a revolution. I believe whole-heartedly that this was meant to be deciphered.
yea that's true,I think this was a lucid dream he had, because he realizes he was dreaming after he seen the human heads on pigs and the rest of the vivid s**t he seen.
 8 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 Adwerdz said:
yea that's true,I think this was a lucid dream he had, because he realizes he was dreaming after he seen the human heads on pigs and the rest of the vivid s**t he seen.
word, and i'll take it even deeper, follow me though... pigs with the heads of men, pigs = cops, heads of men = masks... so police/govt disguised as civilians spitting acid = news anchorman spitting bulls**t media to stop us from thinking outside the box. ie. 3rd eye lasered closed. and from then on he elaborates...

Lady in a nightgown puffing kush screaming = those old propaganda films about marijuana making people crazy... she (being some sort of gov't puppet or maybe shes on his side? ) signaled him over as he was digging graves (researching the deaths of his ancestors?) telling him no use in running from the the gov or f!ghting back.

Then he elaborates on that by using Kennedy's a.ssassination as an example of what they'll do to you. Then she goes on to give minor details and brief him on his mission

Last edited by NuffGanja; 03-21-2010 at 09:12 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #11
space
space
 j0hnj0hn41 said:
lmao @ the heavy reachin in this thread.

You guys need to get outside asap.
so we can be swagged out gangsta forum posters with tom gists avys right
 8 years ago '09        #12
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
decipher this

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #13
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,168 | Props total: 3398 3398
 j0hnj0hn41 said:
No, actually it isn't that deep.
f**k outta here
 NuffGanja said:
:owned:
 8 years ago '08        #14
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
The two faced king from Rome is the pope who sits on his throne getting his d*cks sucked by people who think he is the representative of god on earth. 25 milineum ago is 500 BC, but nothing makes sense after that. Eatting food late into the night gives you wild dreams.
 8 years ago '04        #15
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
 NuffGanja said:
 8 years ago '07        #16
space
space
The original track was 6 minutes long.

From an interview
What kind of things or people do you use as a muse? That’s something that I’ve wondered since I first heard you because you seem to come kind of from left field, but not in a bad way.

Jay Electronica: I draw from just life in general. It could be from something I am feeling at the time, or maybe I’m overwhelmed with an idea, and at times I feel obligated to touch certain subjects. Dreams, all types of things. Dimethyltryptamine is from a dream I had, literally. That’s why I named it DMT because that is a substance released from the brain during sleep that aids in inducing dreams

Can you expand on that? That song is one of your more cryptic ones but also a really interesting and dope one to listen to I feel.

Jay Electronica: Well it was a dream I had and I tossed it around for a few days in my head trying to gage its relevance and one day I was listening to that Dilla beat and I wrote Dimethyltryptamine, then I edited together the little movie to accompany it so that there would be imagery with the lyrics in hopes that it wouldn’t be confusing. After all, it is from a dream.

Laughs But that song is actually about 6 minutes long with vocals all the way through. The version that’s out now is just an edited version.

source:
 8 years ago '07        #17
space
space
bump for the hell of it, no 1 wants to deeply discuss jay e tracks yet lol
 8 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 j0hnj0hn41 said:
Because you're reaching....stay off those drugs man.
youre simple as s**t, stay off the computer fam.
 8 years ago '07        #19
space
space
 J.R. Hyphy said:
that s**t was way too f**kin heavy, I'ma have to listen a couple more times.
word i had to play it 20 times to fully comprehend the story
 8 years ago '04        #20
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
He will try to use his powers to seduce you, you let him think that the feeling is mutual ‘cause if he finds out that you already knew that the atom had a positive, a negative and a neutral he’ll probably salute you, then wait ‘til you turn your back like a coward and shoot you.

u can relate that to many situations dealing with the world we live in today

meaning the people get fed lies constantly but only some know the truth but really can't do s**t about it because if u try to speak out and go against it and plan a revolution, the gov't will shut u down when u least expect it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago