DNS error 80710102 (Wired Connection)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
6162 pageviews
26 comments

stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 56 56
DNS error 80710102 (Wired Connection)

Before I moved back in september i had no problems getting online with my ps3, now in my new place, i am using the same router as i did before, and i am getting this error, i manually changed all the settings, my ip address, defaut router, primary dns and secondary dns to the correct settings from my isp, I disable the media sharing thing on my ps3 as well, and if it helps i am using the "dynex Dx-ehb4 , 4port 10mbps ethernet hub router" i dont know why i still keep getting this dns error, can anybody help me who has fixed this same problem

Last edited by stay alert; 03-19-2010 at 12:59 PM..

26 comments for "DNS error 80710102 (Wired Connection)"

8 years ago '07        #2
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,116 | Props total: 230 230
Unplug and reset the router and let it auto setup. I had the same issue the last time I switched ISPs.
 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM         #3
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What he said and make sure everything you have hooked up to the router is off. (PC's, Lapetops, PS3 etc...) Reset the modem and once the cable light is solid plug in your router. Once thats on then turn all your s**t on 1 by one so they can acquire IP addresses.
 8 years ago '04        #4
stay alert  OP
space
space
space
Now, i cant connect to the internet with my router through my ps3 if i am online with my labtop, and if i am online with the labtop i cannot go online with my ps3 cause i get the dns error message
 8 years ago '05        #5
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,467 | Props total: 2817 2817
i need help also....i just got my internet today..did the connection test, it gets the IP address..but fail every time it connects..says server time-out(80028E06)
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #6
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,300 | Props total: 68 68
 stay alert said:
Now, i cant connect to the internet with my router through my ps3 if i am online with my labtop, and if i am online with the labtop i cannot go online with my ps3 cause i get the dns error message
do you have a wireless router? It sounds like your isp is only letting your internet connect to one mac address at a time.
 8 years ago '04        #7
stay alert  OP
space
space
space
 juanb13 said:
do you have a wireless router? It sounds like your isp is only letting your internet connect to one mac address at a time.
naw its not a wireless router, could it b because i dont have a name brand router? the name of my router is "dynex"
 8 years ago '04        #8
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
i need help also....i just got my internet today..did the connection test, it gets the IP address..but fail every time it connects..says server time-out(80028E06)
Posted via Mobile Device
Wait like 3 mins and then try to sign on if that doesn't work............ connect ethernet cord to theback of the pc if not use a wireless router and if that doesn't work reset everything.
 8 years ago '04        #9
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 stay alert said:
naw its not a wireless router, could it b because i dont have a name brand router? the name of my router is "dynex"
Yeah I have a Dynex but its wireless. You will have to connect to your router device. Connect only your laptop and type in your default address it should be 192.168.2.1 on whatever internet browser you use. Check to see if you have your DHPC enabled. This lets you connect up to more than one mac address at a time. Hit me back to tell me what you see.
 8 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 juanb13 said:
Wait like 3 mins and then try to sign on if that doesn't work............ connect ethernet cord to theback of the pc if not use a wireless router and if that doesn't work reset everything.
do i HAVE to connect to a PC first or laptop?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #11
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
Wait do you have dsl or cable and what router are you using if you are using any? you can connect a laptop or PC doesn't matter.
 8 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 juanb13 said:
Wait do you have dsl or cable and what router are you using if you are using any? you can connect a laptop or PC doesn't matter.
im quite its cable....has a cable jack and a phone jack in the modem...im a bonehead to this type of s**t :banghead:
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #13
stay alert  OP
space
space
space
 juanb13 said:
Yeah I have a Dynex but its wireless. You will have to connect to your router device. Connect only your laptop and type in your default address it should be 192.168.2.1 on whatever internet browser you use. Check to see if you have your DHPC enabled. This lets you connect up to more than one mac address at a time. Hit me back to tell me what you see.
i typed in my default gateway number in my browswer that didn't work and i also typed in my ip address in my broswer that didn't work either, but when i checked under my local network settings, it says "dhcp enable = Yes", the router i have didn't come with any software in the box because it said it was plug and play. Its crazy cause b4 i moved i had it set up where my labtop was comin form a different router but then i used that corded and uplinked it the "dynex" and it was working fine then
 8 years ago '04        #14
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 stay alert said:
i typed in my default gateway number in my browswer that didn't work and i also typed in my ip address in my broswer that didn't work either, but when i checked under my local network settings, it says "dhcp enable = Yes", the router i have didn't come with any software in the box because it said it was plug and play. Its crazy cause b4 i moved i had it set up where my labtop was comin form a different router but then i used that corded and uplinked it the "dynex" and it was working fine then
Type in the address that says default gateway and that should let u connect to the router. But if it says dhcp enabled then you should be able to connect two or more connections.
 8 years ago '04        #15
stay alert  OP
space
space
space
i tried that it didn't work, i think its the router cause it has no type of software and there is no way i can change settings on it or nothin , on my old router u can do all of that, bcause it came with software, so i am just gonna get another modem and then try , thanx man i appreciate it
 8 years ago '04        #16
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
im quite its cable....has a cable jack and a phone jack in the modem...im a bonehead to this type of s**t :banghead:
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok are you connecting it to a wireless router? or just from the modem straight to the pc or laptop.
 8 years ago '04        #17
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 stay alert said:
i tried that it didn't work, i think its the router cause it has no type of software and there is no way i can change settings on it or nothin , on my old router u can do all of that, bcause it came with software, so i am just gonna get another modem and then try , thanx man i appreciate it
cool man sorry i couldnt help. talk to your Isp to see why u cant connect to two computers.
 8 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 juanb13 said:
Ok are you connecting it to a wireless router? or just from the modem straight to the pc or laptop.
straight to my laptop and PS3
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #19
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
straight to my laptop and PS3
Posted via Mobile Device
You should just do auto settings when you enter information into the ps3 and plug it straight into the ps3 but do you need to enter any information on the laptop before you can start surfing the internet? Also you should invest into a wireless router so you can connect both the ps3 and laptop together.

Tell me the problems you have connecting to the pc.
 8 years ago '04        #20
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
when u have your ps3 on, can your laptop still connect. I was having connection trouble with my ps3 a couple of days ago after hooking my wii up to my wireless. I ended up having to enter a manual ip address because the one the automatic function kept using was the one my laptop was already using.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy