:Question: Why do they put subs upside down

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashley Olsen = Yes | Mary-Kate Olsen = No
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
111 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-23-2004, 06:30 PM         #1
7908 pageviews
27 comments

alpo23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:Question: Why do they put subs upside down

why i show a two door regal with the subs upside down why do they do that

27 comments for ":Question: Why do they put subs upside down"

12-23-2004, 10:05 PM         #2
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's pretty much just for looks
one
GhosT
 12-24-2004, 12:19 PM         #3
Durrby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^yo GhosT does subwoofer placement really change that much. What i'm trying to say is I have my 1 12" in my trunk facing the lid of the trunk but i've seen subs facing the inside the car. Does it make a difference?? Which way is better? I feel when it's placed facing the outside of the car sounds better.
 12 years ago '04        #4
Tozzi 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
It depends..sometimes you can gain a little more dB by facing it towards the car, but usually when the subs are hitting off a trunk, a rear window (like in an suv) it sounds better and gives better vibrations..When I did the dB competetion at tweeter you get 2 runs, the guy told me I should try facing my sub forwards to get a little higher dB, I didnt try it because I didnt think it would, but Ive heard it does
 12-24-2004, 02:30 PM         #5
ONEANDONLYJOJO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is no set way turn the sub direction and see wats the loudest for your car. all about the Resc. frequency of your car which is a process to find out all in itself if u wanna do it technically.

and subs are upside down for show some are made specifically to work better upside down dunno wat ones off the top of my head
 12 years ago '04        #6
Frank Dukes 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,996 | Props total: 0 0
the thing is... sound waves go every direction, it doesnt matter where its facing....
 12-24-2004, 05:31 PM         #7
ONEANDONLYJOJO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Frank Dukes said:
the thing is... sound waves go every direction, it doesnt matter where its facing....

dont listen to him it does matter. either face the roof or rear and see wats louder. u wouldnt notice too much of a difference
 12 years ago '04        #8
Tozzi 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
^^ thats right, you wont notice much of a difference, a dB meter might show u a slight change, but who the fu*k cares unless your tryna compete and your tuning your system
 12-26-2004, 06:01 PM         #9
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you don't want to face your subs towards the front unless you can fold your seats down, and even then i still think mojority fo the time it'll sound better rear firing
one
GhosT
 12-26-2004, 10:09 PM         #10
99svt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One advantage of facing a sub down or inverted is you do not need as big of a box. The magnet and the structure of the sub no longer has to be accounted for inside the box thus allowing for a smaller box with the same sub.
 12-27-2004, 11:00 AM         #11
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 99svt said:
One advantage of facing a sub down or inverted is you do not need as big of a box. The magnet and the structure of the sub no longer has to be accounted for inside the box thus allowing for a smaller box with the same sub.
not always, it depends on the sub and the specs
one
GhosT
 12-29-2004, 10:49 PM         #12
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tried on a 99 eclipse when the subs are placed facing the trunk lid the ysound way better then when the yare facing the back windows upwards

really no diffrence only when you put your seats down and face te subs your way to the front of the car is when you will hear a diffrence
 12-30-2004, 12:38 AM         #13
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it shouldn't matter how your subs are faced.

bass isn't as directional as high's are

which is why subs can be put in the trunk.

ifyou want a better sounding system, just make sure ur mids and tweeters are facing the right direction, an inch or two can make all the difference with those.
 12-31-2004, 02:02 PM         #14
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
it shouldn't matter how your subs are faced.

bass isn't as directional as high's are

which is why subs can be put in the trunk.

ifyou want a better sounding system, just make sure ur mids and tweeters are facing the right direction, an inch or two can make all the difference with those.
it does though, try it and find out
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #15
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,513 | Props total: 1076 1076
when i face my sub to the front(towards the engine) it sounds louder in the back...and when i face the rear it sounds louder in front of the car...so id rather have it fire forward..just my observation might be different in different cars..
 01-02-2005, 01:48 PM         #16
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ why would you want it louder in the back, don't you want it louder up front, thats why people put systems in their cars
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #17
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,223 | Props total: 398 398
yea, I like for people to hear me comming down the street, not after I've passed already...
 01-04-2005, 10:36 AM         #18
ONEANDONLYJOJO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first off you shouldnt want any sound to leak out the car period . but a majority will come out the front side cause theres not much you can do to stop it
 01-04-2005, 10:44 PM         #19
bigpimpin69 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the subs will sound better if u face them towards the front of the car but only if its completely sealed around the back seat. if u face it towards the back it puts more presure on the trunk lid and causes more rattle. with it facing the front theres less and u get more bass inside and outside the car. but remember this only works if their sealed.
 01-04-2005, 11:41 PM         #20
ONEANDONLYJOJO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigpimpin69 said:
the subs will sound better if u face them towards the front of the car but only if its completely sealed around the back seat. if u face it towards the back it puts more presure on the trunk lid and causes more rattle. with it facing the front theres less and u get more bass inside and outside the car. but remember this only works if their sealed.
no offense i dunno where you get your info but you arent right on a copuple topics

every car is different the real way is to find the res. frequency of the car. but thats a pain in the a.ss and need expensive machines so thats why you take the box face it to the back for a few days then drive with it facing up then facing you for a few days and see what you like better. my moneys on facing the rear in most cars and almost all SUV's and up in hatchbacks but i dont know what car u drive

and you can get your back end to stop rattling with various sound deadeners

wat u really suppose to is put the woofer in the front of the car for true sound imaging( ever notice at concerts or any live shows all speakers are in front of you) this take sh*tload of custom work and not worth the fu*king time in my book.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
171 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
184 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wonít Stop Talking: Meet the NFLís next shutdown corner
70 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
69 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Xbox fire sales continue, $229 for Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Br..
41 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy