Really - Manny Pacquiao?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-16-2010, 12:27 AM         #141
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The youtube era really got people thinking they know their shyt, hahaha....10 years ago, I wonder how u woulda even been hip to Marquez's "loss" to Norwood.
 03-16-2010, 12:35 AM         #142
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
Point taken. Does that negate the fact that Juan Manuel Marquez is not the same f!ghter that he was prior to f!ghting Pacquaio?
I had Marquez winning that f!ght even with the scored knockdowns, even wider if u include the one that wasnt counted on Marquez's part....Combine that with the fact that Norwood was avoiding action for the better part of the f!ght and Marquez was the aggressor and you have my logic for stating that Marquez was not in trouble.

i thought the f!ght was hard as hell to score...because norwood was acting puss after that knockdown...it wasn't a whole lot of punches connected from either side...marquez just threw more...which in retrospect probably should have given him the win....but the knockdown was key..which is why i put emphasis on it..due to the way the f!ght went down..
 03-16-2010, 12:37 AM         #143
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
i thought the f!ght was hard as hell to score...because norwood was acting puss after that knockdown...it wasn't a whole lot of punches connected from either side...marquez just threw more...which in retrospect probably should have given him the win....but the knockdown was key..which is why i put emphasis on it..due to the way the f!ght went down..
But Marquez dropped him too tho....combine that with the fact that Marquez was the more aggressive f!ghter leads me to wonder how u felt Norwood's knockdown was key.
 03-16-2010, 12:40 AM         #144
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
The youtube era really got people thinking they know their shyt, hahaha....10 years ago, I wonder how u woulda even been hip to Marquez's "loss" to Norwood.

because i've caught a ton of boxing matches on hbo...and whatever i missed i have an uncle who is absolutely addicted to the sport,and has a library of boxing matches,and hip me to the sport early on....
 03-16-2010, 12:42 AM         #145
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
But Marquez dropped him too tho....combine that with the fact that Marquez was the more aggressive f!ghter leads me to wonder how u felt Norwood's knockdown was key.

well obviously it was key if he WON...why else would i think it was key?...if i tell you not a lot of punches connected from either side,and there were knockdowns on both sides...that would mean the f!ght was close...
 03-16-2010, 12:43 AM         #146
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
because i've caught a ton of boxing matches on hbo...and whatever i missed i have an uncle who is absolutely addicted to the sport,and has a library of boxing matches,and hip me to the sport early on....
I'm one of those people who has a library, i'm bout 2,000 f!ghts deep.
 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM         #147
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
well obviously it was key if he WON...why else would i think it was key?...if i tell you not a lot of punches connected from either side,and there were knockdowns on both sides...that would mean the f!ght was close...
Way I see it, if they split knockdowns and Juan landed more and threw more...I aint sure how Norwood got the W...or how Norwood's knockdown was key. I could see if it was the only knockdown in the f!ght (like Manny vs. Marquez II).
It was moreso an awkward f!ght than anything, it wasnt like Juan looked old, rusty, amateurish in any way shape or form....he just had a guy that wasn't willing to engage, not much he coulda done about dat.

B. Hop was eons above Hakkar, but he couldnt really look good against a guy who wasn't interested in f!ghting.
 03-16-2010, 12:54 AM         #148
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
Way I see it, if they split knockdowns and Juan landed more and threw more...I aint sure how Norwood got the W...or how Norwood's knockdown was key. I could see if it was the only knockdown in the f!ght (like Manny vs. Marquez II).
It was moreso an awkward f!ght than anything, it wasnt like Juan looked old, rusty, amateurish in any way shape or form....he just had a guy that wasn't willing to engage, not much he coulda done about dat.

B. Hop was eons above Hakkar, but he couldnt really look good against a guy who wasn't interested in f!ghting.

i'm not even arguing that norwood should have won though....i'm just telling you WHY it was close...styles of f!ght can dictate why an otherwise easy f!ght for one boxer might end up being a close one...s**t you bring up b. hop that n*gga is notorious for this type of s**t...he will completely make a f!ght look ugly as s**t to neutralize someones strengths,and wrestle,and than try to get the W....he's done it more than once....
 8 years ago '04        #149
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
 DCReprezenta said:
I'm tryna figure out if you are being serious...Floyd's last f!ght was against a dude who jumped 2 weight divisions, a guy who was already war torn from his 2 f!ghts against Manny Pacquaio at 126 and 130 pounds. Truth is, Floyd fought Zab Judah after he was beaten by Tszyu and Baldomir, same guy who has yet to prove he is even an elite f!ghter...Judah, that is.
To RJ's testament, he's cleaned out a division (175) of guys who are all naturally bigger than himself. Some of which went on to win titles against each other when he left the division (Julio Gonzales, Clinton Woods, Richard Hall). Roy took f!ghts with his heart later in his career and that proved to be his demise, losing 18 pounds of muscle to f!ght Tarver and pretty much losing all his physical gifts.
WHICH WAS STUPID!!! Mayweather is 2 smart 2 do anything dumb like that he studies history... bottomline is this... everyone pacquaio beat Mayweather has mopped as well.. marquez wasnt washed up that mexican is a straight G gtfoh wyt that he just couldnt fukkk wyt mayweather at all. If mayweather knocks out Mosley ni99az better not pop NO shyt about mayweather ever again EVER!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #150
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
 DCReprezenta said:
Funny, Margarito wasn't even suspected of being a cheater until the Mosley f!ght.
Guaging what Floyd woulda done to Cotto by what Manny did is inaccurate. Floyd went 12 with Oscar and 10+ with Hatton....Manny went about 10 rounds with both of them combined and left Hatton asleep.
Judah fought Floyd immediately after a loss to Baldomir. Funny thing was Judah only brought the IBF title to the table becuz Baldomir didnt pay the sanctioning fee.

It's virtually impossible to f!ght everybody, but more of an effort has been done than what Floyd is doing. Felix Trinidad, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquaio....all of them have fought the best their eras had/have to offer.

Trinidad-Oscar, Vargas, Reid, Hopkins
Hopkins-Trinidad, Taylor, Tarver, Calzaghe, Pavlik
Oscar-....can we say EVERYBODY!!
Manny-Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Oscar.

Fact of the matter is, Floyd seems to believe that an undefeated record is more important than f!ghting and taking risks. True boxing fans can repect a loss, if you are f!ghting the best out there. Oscar De La Hoya has been knocked out twice, but his career will always be respected by true boxing fans because he fought everybody out there.....I dare Floyd to take a challenge equivalent to the one Oscar took when he fought Felix Sturm.
Ayo

Floyd- castillo, hatton, Oscar, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Mosley.....in the end floyd will have one of the best records of f!ghts ever just look what I posted those are great matchups stfu, b.
 03-16-2010, 01:05 AM         #151
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
i'm not even arguing that norwood should have won though....i'm just telling you WHY it was close...styles of f!ght can dictate why an otherwise easy f!ght for one boxer might end up being a close one...s**t you bring up b. hop that n*gga is notorious for this type of s**t...he will completely make a f!ght look ugly as s**t to neutralize someones strengths,and wrestle,and than try to get the W....he's done it more than once....
I can dig that styles make f!ghts. What I was originally tryin' to convey is that Floyd fought Marquez, Floyd beat Marquez. This was not the same Marquez that fought at 126 though. When you take a f!ghter, add miles on him, add years on him, and then add 15 pounds on him....you will expectedly get a f!ghter who is a shell of his former self. Look at Barrera when he fought Amir Khan, look at Morales when he fought Diaz, look at Trinidad when he fought Winky. Would the outcome have been diffrent had they fought each other with the losers of these f!ghts having less wear & tear, maybe...maybe not. The fact remains though, they weren't the same f!ghters that they were in their primes.

I am a Floyd fan, i've defended him countless times thruout the years in these forums. Been called a "fanboy" and all dat...His recent win over Marquez, and Manny's recent wins over Cotto and Clottey though jus further solidified my feeling that Manny is the more proven f!ghter to date.

Styles make f!ghts, they have 3 opponents in common. DeLaHoya, Hatton and Marquez...2 of those 3 Floyd came in as the bigger f!ghter. Manny was the smaller guy in each of those f!ghts.....and his results were much more clear cut. When people defend Floyd, I have no problem with that....when people defend Floyd and downplay Pacquaio, I jus think they are ill-informed.
 03-16-2010, 01:11 AM         #152
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KidKingGoD said:
Ayo

Floyd- castillo, hatton, Oscar, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Mosley.....in the end floyd will have one of the best records of f!ghts ever just look what I posted those are great matchups stfu, b.
I'm wondering if u should be taken serious. Floyd hasn't fought Mosley yet, so don't throw him on the hit list just yet.
Out of all those names u posted, Jose Luis Castillo is the most meaningful opponent when u take everything into consideration...Castillo was the legitimate champion and Floyd moved to his division to f!ght him without a warm-up.
I remember watching Floyd f!ght back then. I remember the humble Floyd prior to his first PPV win over Gatti. I was thinking we were gonna have this era's Sugar Ray Leonard...but he appeared to start that handpicking. Henry Bruseles, DeMarcus Corley, Phillip N'dou....heard of any of them lately?
Floyd's career prior to moving to 147 heavily outweighs his career after, despite the 'names' he has added to his resume. Opponents like Famoso, Chavez, Manfredy and Castillo were some of the best he could have fought.
 03-16-2010, 01:20 AM         #153
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
I can dig that styles make f!ghts. What I was originally tryin' to convey is that Floyd fought Marquez, Floyd beat Marquez. This was not the same Marquez that fought at 126 though. When you take a f!ghter, add miles on him, add years on him, and then add 15 pounds on him....you will expectedly get a f!ghter who is a shell of his former self. Look at Barrera when he fought Amir Khan, look at Morales when he fought Diaz, look at Trinidad when he fought Winky. Would the outcome have been diffrent had they fought each other with the losers of these f!ghts having less wear & tear, maybe...maybe not. The fact remains though, they weren't the same f!ghters that they were in their primes.

I am a Floyd fan, i've defended him countless times thruout the years in these forums. Been called a "fanboy" and all dat...His recent win over Marquez, and Manny's recent wins over Cotto and Clottey though jus further solidified my feeling that Manny is the more proven f!ghter to date.

Styles make f!ghts, they have 3 opponents in common. DeLaHoya, Hatton and Marquez...2 of those 3 Floyd came in as the bigger f!ghter. Manny was the smaller guy in each of those f!ghts.....and his results were much more clear cut. When people defend Floyd, I have no problem with that....when people defend Floyd and downplay Pacquaio, I jus think they are ill-informed.

typically you're right...however 2 things i found wrong with your comments..

1. marquez wasn't beat up enough to knock out 2 quality f!ghters previous to f!ghting floyd...were also in a thread where boxers who have also been in wars have moved up in weight class,and won....however because marquez lost he get's that as an excuse?....

2. You were highlighting everything pac,and trying to discredit floyd..all while highlighting pac for doing the same s**t floyd had done....which entirely to many people do on this board...

i don't ever discredit what pac has done...he's had a great career,and the only thing i can honestly take away from him are the marquez f!ghts.....HOWEVER...when it comes to floyd...most people on this site don't act the same...they try to discredit every win that floyd has ever gotten...which is pure bulls**t...

and barrera was cut in that kahn f!ght..not that he was looking good in that f!ght,but who knows...he didn't look good against pac either...COMPLETELY different situation from marquez who was coming off 2 great wins,and looked nothing like barrera....to anyone in boxing....

and morales got cheated out of the diaz f!ght...he should have won that f!ght..again judges robbing n*ggas....

at the end of the day manny,and floyd are both great f!ghters...but i only see one getting discredited constantly....
 03-16-2010, 01:46 AM         #154
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
typically you're right...however 2 things i found wrong with your comments..

1. marquez wasn't beat up enough to knock out 2 quality f!ghters previous to f!ghting floyd...were also in a thread where boxers who have also been in wars have moved up in weight class,and won....however because marquez lost he get's that as an excuse?....
Come on man...I rememba watchin his f!ght wit Diaz, The f!ght was going in Diaz direction up until he got hit with that uppercut. Diaz was pressing the action and didn't even appear shaken up when he started leaking (what he was ridiculed for against Campbell), so yes he knocked out a quality f!ghter in Juan Diaz, but he did not look spectacular doing it. The most spectacular thing about his knockout over Diaz was the 2 knockdowns...Did he even have any other noteworthy highlights?
U can call Casamayor quality if u want.

2. You were highlighting everything pac,and trying to discredit floyd..all while highlighting pac for doing the same s**t floyd had done....which entirely to many people do on this board...
I was not discrediting Floyd, I was typing in defense of Manny. Truth is, the only similarities to what Pac and Floyd has done is that they both got W's...Manny's outcomes have been a lot more impressive. I often type in my statements that I am a Floyd fan. He says himself that he is the greatest f!ghter on the planet, so naturally he's gonna be held to those words...gotta live up to ya words.

i don't ever discredit what pac has done...he's had a great career,and the only thing i can honestly take away from him are the marquez f!ghts.....HOWEVER...when it comes to floyd...most people on this site don't act the same...they try to discredit every win that floyd has ever gotten...which is pure bulls**t...
Again, blame Floyd for how meticulous people are gonna be about his performances. The guy was quoted as saying he is greater than Sugar Ray Robinson...U can't say that and then sign to f!ght a 135 pounder at a catchweight, especially when Robinson was f!ghting middleweights at 145 pounds.

and barrera was cut in that kahn f!ght..not that he was looking good in that f!ght,but who knows...he didn't look good against pac either...COMPLETELY different situation from marquez who was coming off 2 great wins,and looked nothing like barrera....to anyone in boxing....
Honestly, can you say Marquez in those 2 "great" wins looked elite in those performances?, He was hit early and often by the Baby Bull...he knocked out Casamayor, but I ont really classify him as elite...especially since he was holding that consensus title at 135 by da skin of his teeth (based on his last win over Chico). Marquez, had enough to win f!ghts...but not enough to look spectacular doing so, as he used to at 126 before he fought Manny.

and morales got cheated out of the diaz f!ght...he should have won that f!ght..again judges robbing n*ggas....
Understandable...but i'm sure we can agree that Manny pulled a layer off of Morales each time they fought....first time, da f!ght was stopped wit Erik willing to keep goin, that second knockout straight took Morales' heart.

at the end of the day manny,and floyd are both great f!ghters...but i only see one getting discredited constantly....
Manny - humble and f!ghts who the public demands.
Floyd - says he is the greatest ever and always leaves us waiting to see if he'll f!ght that major f!ght next time.
 03-16-2010, 01:53 AM         #155
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
match was so disappointing don't make no damn sense
 8 years ago '10        #156
Chi city Che 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 1 1
Pacquiao the spik k!lla and gonna get that jig mayweather too
 8 years ago '06        #157
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Team Pacquiao tricked people into thinking this would be a good f!ght...

First, how did Team Pacquiao trick people into thinking anything? Maybe they thought Clottey would come to f!ght instead of being a punching bag who knows? As we seen he was there for the payout.

People k!ll me hatin on Manny for just doing his job in the ring. At least Pacquiao is willing to f!ght boxers bigger then him and not duck and dodge'em.

Last edited by davon4204; 03-16-2010 at 02:43 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #158
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
pacquiao takes performance enhancing drugs he's a cheater
 8 years ago '04        #159
igotgame4ya  OP
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 davon4204 said:
Team Pacquiao tricked people into thinking this would be a good f!ght...

First, how did Team Pacquiao trick people into thinking anything? Maybe they thought Clottey would come to f!ght instead of being a punching bag who knows? As we seen he was there for the payout.

People k!ll me hatin on Manny for just doing his job in the ring. At least Pacquiao is willing to f!ght boxers bigger then him and not duck and dodge'em.

What are you talking about???? Did you listen to the pre-f!ght hype????

Like I said TEAM PACQUIAO tricked people into thinking JOSHUA CLOTTEY was a formitible f!ghter!
If you know boxing and the f!ghters you would know that Clottey RARELY punches... he's not a volume puncher, he lets you get off then he may try to... it's the perfect time to get pac in the ring with someone who will just stand there like he did get punched...

I never said Manny didn't do his job b/c he did... but c'mon son... JOSH CLOTTEY and people are acting like he just beat Sugar Ray Leonard for the title!

Then you said he f!ghts people bigger than him, ok, and.... I know another f!ghter that does that too... look it up!

and also name some f!ghters that have been dodged???? please tell me...

PACQUIAO does nothing but weight drain f!ghters into catchweights and then outworks them b/c they will gas out...
he only fought Clottey b/c he knew Clottey wouldn't punch back... the only chance PAc was taking with this f!ght was the punchers chance of losing... they wanted it to look like manny took on a big heavy opponent and won... but it's a smoke screen....

why didn't he f!ght Yuri Forman???? They saw the tapes and knew that Foreman would punch back and it would be a problem.
I'm not going to discredit Pac's accomplishments but lets not exaggerate them....

and if you do then give credit to ALL f!ghters that are using this blueprint
 8 years ago '05        #160
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,064 | Props total: 987 987
 igotgame4ya said:
What are you talking about???? Did you listen to the pre-f!ght hype????

Like I said TEAM PACQUIAO tricked people into thinking JOSHUA CLOTTEY was a formitible f!ghter!
If you know boxing and the f!ghters you would know that Clottey RARELY punches... he's not a volume puncher, he lets you get off then he may try to... it's the perfect time to get pac in the ring with someone who will just stand there like he did get punched...

I never said Manny didn't do his job b/c he did... but c'mon son... JOSH CLOTTEY and people are acting like he just beat Sugar Ray Leonard for the title!

Then you said he f!ghts people bigger than him, ok, and.... I know another f!ghter that does that too... look it up!

and also name some f!ghters that have been dodged???? please tell me...

PACQUIAO does nothing but weight drain f!ghters into catchweights and then outworks them b/c they will gas out...
he only fought Clottey b/c he knew Clottey wouldn't punch back... the only chance PAc was taking with this f!ght was the punchers chance of losing... they wanted it to look like manny took on a big heavy opponent and won... but it's a smoke screen....

why didn't he f!ght Yuri Forman???? They saw the tapes and knew that Foreman would punch back and it would be a problem.
I'm not going to discredit Pac's accomplishments but lets not exaggerate them....

and if you do then give credit to ALL f!ghters that are using this blueprint
now Clottey is not a good f!ghter?

bias are we? Pacquiao has had 1 catchweight f!ght

why didn't he f!ght Foreman? maybe because Foreman f!ghts at 154 thats asking a bit much don't u think
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy